Urge the CDC to take action against surging unexplained disease

Thousands of people around the world, and the numbers continue to grow, are complaining of symptoms which include: crawling sensation, severe itching, stinging bites, skin sores and pimple-like bite marks. We continue to visit doctors and spend our money on senseless remedies, in a desperate attempt to put an end to our suffering. Many believe is microscopic mites, others believe is Morgellons...but in the end, none of us know with certainty what is the cause of this horrible affliction We need Congress help urge the CDC to look closely and seriously into this mysterious disease that is plaguing and ruining the lives of thousands of people around the world. Urge the DEP investigate the pests responsible for this infestation. Please take our plead seriously and help us !
Nov 11th, 2017
Someone from Carrboro, NC writes:
Itchy bird mite sting is solved. Go to Google and key in "How to avoid invisible insect sting".
Nov 11th, 2017
Tammy E. from Knoxville, TN writes:
I moved into a government subsidized apartment and the mites are in the water supply. That is how they get in. Once in they attack everything in the apartment including me and my dog. I do not have the money to wash my clothes and bedding everyday. And people here are getting very sick. The managers don't listen and disregard everything you say about it. We need help.
Nov 9th, 2017
Someone from Manvel, TX signed.
Nov 9th, 2017
Someone from Carrboro, NC writes:
ITCHY STING problem is solved. Go to Google and key in "How to avoid invisible insect sting".
Nov 8th, 2017
Someone from Galesburg, IL writes:
These things really need to be figured out , there awful. If you can figure other countries why not your own. How do we not know if were getting this from other countries. We have more people from Africa move to our city in the last two yrs. Ive notice since it started things that I've been using to clean have run out at stores so people dealing with this in silence because no one will listen and yet we try to protect others from getting it. If it breaks out no one here in the US will be ready.
Nov 8th, 2017
Someone from Galesburg, IL writes:
Nov 4th, 2017
Michele F. from Concord, NC writes:
Awful tried everything. Im a medical professional. Called CDC. They seemed clueless.
Nov 4th, 2017
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
Well a coupla posts back somebody with dogs and outdoor cats was getting bit up bad. These things contaminate animals birds racoons digs cats wild foxes rats etc. Docs think they can't jump back and forth from animal to human but oh yes yes yes they can. Rotenone is available in some countries and kills em. God help us. This for many is bigget than an esssential oil spray with tea tree or eucalyptus alcohol vinegar....we need something much stronger.
Nov 3rd, 2017
Someone from Carrboro, NC writes:
To someone from Houston,TX: You are using different product I recommended. Repel brand lemon eucalyptus possibly contains something else, and concentration is unknown, probably lower. My product is pure and should be diluted to 10x with water. If it is too diluted, it would not work. If you dilute with less water, it will sting your skin. Why don't you try with product I suggested? It has no order and pure, and just add 150 ml bottled water to whole 15 ml which comes in tiny brown bottle. It has no smelling at all and since I use water, it is comfortable. Make sure to shake it vigorously before spray on your face, close your eyes tight. It is not water soluble, so general recommendation is to dilute with cooking oil but it is extremely uncomfortable and I dislike to dilute with any oil. I used to write scientific paper so every word is essential and no extra unnecessary word is in my writing.
Nov 3rd, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Just a note to let everyone know that I have tried Marie's (Someone from Carrboro NC)formula for 3 nights now, and it has not made a difference. I still get the pinpricks and crawling in the same places with the same frequency. The bug spray smell is not too bad, but is noticeable to anyone who is close by for about an hour after application (but after the smell is gone would it still work?). As I said previously, for many of us, there is more to this scourge than simply mites, though mites appear to be or have been involved at some point. The problem is now deep under our skin and throughout our systems, and diluted Cutter won't cut it. (I used diluted Repel brand lemon eucalyptus bug spray.) Just reiterating that this is not a solution, though if it helps you, that's great. She does give some good tips in her article about cutting down on the mite population, if that is your main problem.
Nov 3rd, 2017
Someone from Titusville, FL signed.
Nov 3rd, 2017
Someone from Titusville, FL signed.
Nov 3rd, 2017
Someone from Titusville, FL signed.
Nov 3rd, 2017
Someone from Titusville, FL signed.
Nov 3rd, 2017
Someone from Buffalo, NY signed.
Nov 2nd, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Marie, my problem started out looking like a mite problem. There may still be mites because the biting still exists, but I think my skin treatments and supplements have cut the population down and I don't see any more of the larger ones (the size of a poppy seed) that I used to see. Nevertheless, there is a disease process in my body that started after I first noticed the bugs biting me at my office. People with Morgellons often report that their health decline started after a mite or collembola infestation, and moldy environments seem to exacerbate things. So, treating the bugs externally is a smart thing to do, if done safely (i.e., not causing liver damage) but if a disease process has begun internally (maybe the mites inoculated us with some as-yet unrecognized bacterium), there is much more work to be done to relieve our suffering. Many Morgellons sufferers also have Lyme Disease, so the combination of Lyme (which compromises the immune system -- esp. CD-57 -- and antibiotic treatment can lead to systemic fungal overgrowths) and whatever the mites may be carrying could be a menacing combo. The problem with doctors is that they are relying on what they learned in med school and are not "thinking outside the box". They are not exhibiting any curiosity about a potentially new condition, and are happy to dismiss the growing numbers of "skin parasite sufferers" (let's use that term, but as I said, it can be systemic too) as psych cases rather than visit some websites, send samples off for microscopy, talk it up among their colleagues, and consider that they are looking at a new problem. Or, as "Someone from Ft. Myers FL" said, this may be a known phenomenon like a bioweapon or GMO accident, but the medical community has been sworn to secrecy and we are the lab rats who are dying slow and miserable deaths to support some secret research. At this point, most of us here realize that Congress will not compel the CDC to do anything; those sufferers who have contacted the CDC were told that the CDC wasn't going to do anything about it, so we have only ourselves. We are helping each other with tips (like yours) and commiseration. Maybe someone from the government will stop by here some day, take pity on us, and start the ball rolling to at least gain an understanding of the problem. So we continue to post here. Let's work together to try to get noticed in the right way -- starting with describing the problem accurately. It can be far more than a mite infestation. If your formula gives some people relief from the stinging, or prevents them from getting the full impact of this disease, that is a great thing, but please advertise your formula as "something that might help" rather than THE SOLUTION, which it is not. Thank you.
Nov 2nd, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Marie, you must be getting a lot of money for every hit your blog gets, otherwise, why are you so argumentative? We are already sick, exhausted, and frustrated here and don't need the drama. I tried your 10% solution using Repel Lemon Eucalyptus and I smelled enough like bug spray to want to avoid going out in public, and my husband remarked on the smell. The 10% I mentioned isn't about other people, it helped reduce *my* itching, pricking, etc. sensations by about 10%. (Speaking of numbers, where do you get that 1% of the population is affected by this? And to your climate theory, sufferers post here from all U.S. latitudes throughout the year, possibly because we live indoors?) 10% relief (I hope it works better for others) may be enough to help some people get some sleep, and that's great but it is not the SOLUTION you keep harping on. I have been reading all the posts here for about 2 years, and quite a few (not all) people, particularly the long-term sufferers, report hair loss, tooth loss, fibers coming out of their skin, sores that take a long time to heal, memory and motor problems, etc. That is a systemic degenerative disease process and requires more than bug spray to heal, though it seems to start with bugs. Look up Morgellons Disease since you don't know about it. Check out Dr. Ginger Savely's website and look at the pictures. Look at some other Morgellons sites. Then you will see how bad our doctors are, dismissing innocent people who have tried "everything", refusing to treat them while their bodies sink to that very visible level of physical deterioration. By the way, I have LOW body temperature and I have this. So, at this point I am finding your self-serving, combative, condescending, speculative, and frankly ignorant posts to be annoying and very counterproductive to our getting recognition of our condition and real help from the medical community. I too am a retired scientist, by the way, and I am sorry that you are experiencing these bugs as well, but you would help us more by backing off and inviting people to your site maybe once or twice a week, because THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT BIRD MITES.
Nov 2nd, 2017
Someone from Fort Myers, FL writes:
Doctors are either ignorant or keeping an oath stating “this subject is taboo” they tell their patients to see a physiatrist!?? They are WEak
Nov 1st, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
To Marie L: While I appreciate your generosity in sharing your approach to repelling certain insects, it is clear that lemon eucalyptus oil is NOT a cure for what is afflicting the majority of the people who are posting here. Many of us actually have Morgellons Disease, which is in the earliest stages of gaining credibility in the medical field, and will likely take another decade or two to remove the stigma. Insects seem to be involved, but different kinds of insects and fungi, and eventually (the stage I have reached) the sufferer sees no insects at all, just balls of different colored fibers and bits of yellowish goop coming out of their skin, with stinging, drilling, crawling, and pricking sensations. nevertheless. Please stop trolling this site and directing everyone who posts here to your site. Your formula seems to help a bit, maybe 10%, but most of us have a systemic disease that insect repellent cannot cure, and we cannot walk around in public all day long smelling like bug spray. This is far more complicated and serious than a matter for bug spray. Please show us some respect, since we are currently unable to get any from the medical community. Thank you.
Nov 1st, 2017
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
Whatever it is is most likely being IMPORTED (fabrics, furniture, etc.) from China; a secret war in which they are laughing and winning.
Oct 31st, 2017
Deborah A. from Murchison, TX writes:
This is the most horrific thing to deal with. Will someone please find out what is causing this and get the news to the medical community. I have been in what feels like a war with these critters for 3 months now and I can find no one that seems to know what to do to help me. Doctors have been no help, I've hiad an exterminator out twice, taken my dog to the vet three times and I am fast losing all hope. Will someone please look into this and get us the help we deserve for this nightmarish situation. Thank you.
Oct 30th, 2017
Someone from Romulus, MI writes:
I am hearing from a lot of friends that there hair is falling out as well ! I have noticed in my own household as well ! My first instinct s were mites then I came across this article ! I am ocd with cleaning also! I believe they come from dirt the pipes were dug up under Home and since then the problems arose !
Oct 30th, 2017
Someone from Victorville, CA writes:
At the age of 68 I have NEVER undergone bed bugs or mites. Two months ago the nightmare began with dust mites. Our home has always been thoroughly cleaned, dusted, vaccumed and not overload with items that contest our home. We are disturbed by this infestation that is unexplained. It seems as if it is something in the atmosphere. As we've researched on line many people are dealing with this. Something needs to be done about this growing epidemic through whatever government entity that can reasonably "provide" treatments, remedies, inspections (job creation) and solutions beyond the general practice of washing, vaccuming, trashing, covering household items. This is a serious "SPREADING" epidemic.
Oct 29th, 2017
Someone from Powell, TN writes:
PLEASE THIS IS VERY REAL AND IS GETTING WORSE AS MORE PEOPLE BECOME AFLICTED! WE BEG YOU PLEASE!
Oct 29th, 2017
Someone from Powell, TN writes:
Oct 29th, 2017
Someone from Powell, TN writes:
Oct 28th, 2017
Gail S. from Heidenheimer, TX writes:
From Heidheimer Tx i tryed the oil that Maria wrote it does mot help me unless i didnt mix it right i dont have a hair on my head but still feel biteing i have sores head to toe i have high blood sugar have to givw myself 4 shots a day but cant hardly eat have lost nearly 70 pounds now i feel like this is killing me .Does any one else see it in there food are is it just me please help me its been on me over 2 yrs now in my eyes i can hardly see any more cut eye brows off but still under skin God bless you all
Oct 27th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
To clear the air about eucalyptus oil (pun intended), I found lemon eucalyptus essential oil at a (serious) health food store. Brand name: Veriditas. The botanical name of the plant is "Eucalyptus citriodora". This is in contrast to the two more common versions of eucalyptus oil you find on the market (generally recommended for respiratory issues), Eucalyptus radiata and Eucalyptus globulus. There was confusion because this critical information was missing from the article in question, and no trade name was given for the product containing the oil. No amount of rereading will fill in those blanks. If you google "lemon eucalyptus oil", a few bug repellant products will pop up, some of which are sold at Target. One brand is "Repel", and Cutter also puts out a DEET-free bug repellant with lemon eucalyptus oil. Happy shopping and good luck!
Oct 27th, 2017
Gail S. from Heidenheimer, TX signed.
Oct 27th, 2017
Gail S. from Heidenheimer, TX signed.
Oct 26th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Thank you for the clarification, Marie, and for sharing your formula. I hope it helps us and we can find it.
Oct 26th, 2017
Someone from Glendale Heights, IL writes:
Ok back and fourth to dermatoligist got samples they freaked out confirmed unknown mite to Chicago area finally someone believes me although I'm all bit up and going bald because they nested in my hair Tammy duck worth wrote back says she knows unknown deseases out there can't get funding but she's trying dr said golf course probs on birds and animals most likely tropical rat mite but not tropical at all very hard to get rid of and very aggressive with biting perith and inver four times not working but bactrim 800 mg helping with sores these came in thru window of our home on beautiful golf course not so beautiful anymore 1800 in pest control and only at 90 percent im praying everyday for cure for everyone I have to go back to doc 2 weeks go to derm show this message show your sores steam and treat your incitement if car infested don't drive for a month take uber im praying really hard and I know jesus hears us take care
Oct 26th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
For those of you who are too sick or compromised to go all over the internet, I read Marie's website and she says the repellent is "Lemon Eucalyptus" (LE), sold at Whole Foods. She dilutes one part of that in 10 parts water and uses it as a spray on herself and I guess all items of interest. Shake well before spraying. I went to 3 different Whole Foods but did not find this product. Instead, I bought eucalyptus and lemon essential oils and will experiment with them. I mixed them with the alcohol I spray in my bed every night, but still got crawled and drilled on. How much sugar I consume during the day seems to be the factor that determines my ability to sleep. Also, rubbing some antifungal lotion like Home Health brand (at Whole Foods and Vitamin Shoppe) on trouble spots and dusting on food-grade diatomaceous earth while the lotion is still sticky helps a lot. And don't forget going over your sheets and furniture with the all-important lint rollers, and picking off any foreign-looking fuzzballs that the lint roller misses. None of these items is a solution, however. There is something about our chemistry that determines whether or not these things, whatever they are, are attracted to us as opposed to others. We need to find out what that is, and find a way to fix it internally.
Oct 26th, 2017
Someone from Hamilton, OH writes:
I'm old fashioned, so I'm going to say "we can send a man to the moon?" but we cannot get a vaccination for this? REALLY! I've been dealing with this for a month and a half. At first I thought it was head lice and treated it accordingly. I had notice getting bit on my legs @ night. So I google it. Bed bugs was that answer. So I my son came over (walked) and we treated it accordingly. (In our way.) We wrapped everything. Threw it all out, carpets, bed, sofa. Vacuumed, shop vac, swept, mopped, sprayed insecticide, bug bombed. I still had a recliner, I tried to sleep in it. 1 night ok 2nd night, biting is back. Recliner out too. I had a spare room w/ an old pull out bed, not used in years. So my dogs an I retreated to there. At this point in the story I want to cry because I was bit the 2nd night, maybe the first, as at that point I was to exhausted to know. I looked it up again. Asking something?? different this time and it came up because I googled 'invisible'. I slept in and wore permithine (misspell) for 20 hrs and poisoned myself. (THEY) would rather we fill land-fills full of our belongings, than try to help. We need help. A vaccine to STOP this from destroying our lives. I can't visit my family. I still have to go to the store, am I contaminating another family? Tomorrow I will be forced to euthanize my geriatric dog. She cannot take the obsessive itching, despite have Frontline on. I believe I may have these mites on me in places I do not care to say. I left my home of 32 years. I bathe in lice shampoo everyday in a separate, vacant room above my brothers house. He was kind enough and carefree to allow me over & he's single, so no one else is involved. I spray myself & surroundings constantly. I bag my clothes and even get undressed in a plastic bag. I will try to save at least one dog. I also have out door cats. I see them scratching lots, they have flea spot med on too. How on earth could this cruelty be accepted by any society?
Oct 26th, 2017
Someone from Bothell, WA writes:
To Gardner in Kansas. Yes, you probably are noticing the bites and especially the itching now that your medication is being reduced. For all we know, those bugs were also being a little less active, because of the medicine you use. Maybe they are more active now as a result of your medicine being reduced. We don't know. But it sounds logical to me. Are you still actually finding and seeing the bugs that bite you? It could be that the bugs are gone, but you have now contracted a skin bacterial infection, from what ever other pathogens these mites carry. I believe they can carry what ever a tick does and maybe more. We don't know. one thing that will help when you do go to a doctor is don't mention mites or any type of bug. They won't believe you. Instead talk about the possibility of a fungus. They will tend to believe that. The term delusional parasitosis was created back in the 1930s, after patients complaining of bugs under or on their skin. Sadly doctors are still getting away with that diagnosis. hopefully your doctor will give you an anti fungal and maybe antibiotics to help treat it. If it is partly a fungus, you should get some sort of positive response from the antifungal. It maybe all you need at this point. Hang in there.
Oct 23rd, 2017
Someone from Bismarck, ND writes:
I became infested with what I believe are bird mites after a nest was pulled from a vent above my bedroom window and left there along with bird poop on the ledge right by my open window. I have had to throw out most of my belongings due to them being infested and moved to another apartment. But I am still getting crawled on and bitten, so these things are living on me. I am so afraid of infesting my new place. Please take this seriously and put funding aside to study this as many people nationwide are affected by these mites.
Oct 22nd, 2017
Someone from Fargo, ND writes:
So, Marie, Why won't you tell us the name of your repellent?? We don't like to go to unknown websites, they may contain viruses, you know.
Oct 20th, 2017
Someone from Gardner, KS writes:
I have Lyme bacterial infection and now the CDC is lowering my opioid medication because of drug users so I have been suffering from these crawly, no see bugs. I am battling disease and now can't sleep. Do you think my being in pain from lack of pain meds is making me feel these mites more? I have never had such horrendous bug experience in my life until now. It's a nightmare, being bit and the sharp bite and feeling of them crawling in my nose, mouth and private parts. Please help.
Oct 19th, 2017
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
Oct 18th, 2017
Allyson B. from Senatobia, MS writes:
Whether you believe us or not, ask yourselves this... If I am facing a lifetime maximum security sentence without the possibility of parole for a crime I didn't commit, yet all the evidence is stacked against me; would I want an attorney to defend me? Remember when The Golden Rule meant something?