Urge the CDC to take action against surging unexplained disease

Thousands of people around the world, and the numbers continue to grow, are complaining of symptoms which include: crawling sensation, severe itching, stinging bites, skin sores and pimple-like bite marks. We continue to visit doctors and spend our money on senseless remedies, in a desperate attempt to put an end to our suffering. Many believe is microscopic mites, others believe is Morgellons...but in the end, none of us know with certainty what is the cause of this horrible affliction We need Congress help urge the CDC to look closely and seriously into this mysterious disease that is plaguing and ruining the lives of thousands of people around the world. Urge the DEP investigate the pests responsible for this infestation. Please take our plead seriously and help us !
Jan 17th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
CONGRESS, please note: What doctors and others don't seem to understand about this REAL problem is that the crawling, digging, and pricking sensations we experience are like no others. These sensations are ABNORMALLY INTENSE, and CANNOT be ignored or just quickly brushed away. They command our constant attention, so most of us cannot concentrate or "look/act normal" enough to function in a work environment. The bugs are on and in our skin and clinging to the inside of our clothing, and will bite when they reach a tight spot like a waistband or bra, or dig in while they spin a fuzzball from our clothing, and bite again after we scratch. They leave linear trails of bites on our skin, which heal very slowly and leave discolored scars. They DO NOT RESPOND to any available insecticide or "natural remedy". Moreover, these monsters interfere with our ability to fall asleep and stay asleep, as they move around or prick just as we are dropping off to sleep, and wake us back up to scratch and hunt for them. This leaves us chronically sleep deprived and unable to function effectively at our jobs and on behalf of our families. These bugs/fungi have left us DISABLED, and every waking moment is spent trying to eradicate them or at least get some meaningful relief. It is unconscionable for the medical community to continue to dismiss us as nutcases while these parasitic organisms are eating us alive, inside and out. Committing us to a psych ward will just give the scourge the opportunity to spread to other vulnerable individuals. The CDC rallied quickly for Zika and Ebola, but I guarantee you that there are more people suffering from this unnamed thing than both of those diseases combined. Please put a halt to the outdated thinking at the CDC, AMA, etc., and compel them to mount a swift and thorough campaign to identify, legitimize, and knock out this medical nightmare that is spreading like wildfire!
Jan 17th, 2017
Nancy M. from Delta, CO writes:
I recently posted a rather lengthy description of the horrific effects this mite has had on my life. For some reason, it was never posted. Was the site down for a while? IDK. I will now attempt to reiterate my experience. Initially, excruciating itching drove me to the ER. Diagnosed with scabies. Had no idea what hell lay ahead. These creatures dig burrows into you and lay eggs, they can survive outside of you as well up to 72 hours. As you stumble around, sick from the necessary poison you have to apply head to toe, you must disinfect everything you touch. Think long and hard about that, EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH!! I had to fight the brain fog, could not concentrate. I cleaned ferociously, spent several hundreds of dollars on the disposable gloves, Clorox wipes, Lysol spray, sulpher soap, so many things I could not afford on my disability check, a little over $1,000 a month. After 2nd treatment, i developed the worst bacterial infection i could imagine. My mouth, throat, and eyes were ravaged by these mites. The black feces were all over, even in the car. They surface and cause your entire integmentary system to feel like you were skinned alive. Have seen 3 physicians & opthomologist. Am now fighting post effects, skin peeling off, unbelievable exhaustion, sick to my stomach, have lost over 20 lbs. I would cry but what good is that? I am surrounded by bills, piles of laundry, things that I could not manage due to extreme weakness & brain cloudy. NO ONE could understand this nightmare unless they experience it. Every day I keep hanging on, waiting to feel normal again. My precious daughter is the only reason I keep fighting. I have not ever felt so helpless. Worked hard, long 12 hour shifts for many years and spent time with my daughter; as a single parent you learn to squeeze it all in. Could fight through anything, but this kicked me & my immune system in the dirt. I love my country. I served my country during the Vietnam war. I am pleading to you, scientists , entomologists, researchers, please address this issue with vigor. It literally chews you up and spits you out. I still have dead mites coming out, all orifices, along with their feces. I have stinging bites, aches, itches, and live in constant fear of reinfestation. My heart breaks into a million pieces for the babies and children. If for no other reason, think of the little ones who suffer. This has zoomed to the top of the priority list, right up there with cancers & other debilitating conditions. It is not going to go away. It will reach epidemic proportions, if it hasn't already. Please please pursue this passionately. Wage all-out war against this plague. Come on CDC et al...SHINE!!!
Jan 17th, 2017
Crystal C. from Woonsocket, RI writes:
This problem has been complete torture for me and my family including 3 children. We have been dealing with this problem for almost a year now. I have spent thousands of dollars and seen numerous doctors and dermatologists and none have been able to help. I beg you for me and anyone else going through this unimaginable hell help us find a solution that's works. Please save us! I have thought about suicide and my children are all that's stopped me.
Jan 17th, 2017
Someone from Bothell, WA writes:
Testing. This should show up on page 50-51
Jan 17th, 2017
Someone from Bothell, WA writes:
Doesn't seem as tho the web site is work. I had to go thru quarum to get this site. It seems no one is posting. 8 days? No recent post. Find that hard to believe
Jan 16th, 2017
Someone from Washington, DC writes:
CDC, please research these environmental pest and develop an effective cure. Thank you!
Jan 16th, 2017
Nancy M. from Delta, CO writes:
Where is my comment?? I am not going to re-write it. I'm in alot of pain and my eyes are blurry and draining.
Jan 16th, 2017
Nancy M. from Delta, CO writes:
Where is my comment??
Jan 15th, 2017
Someone from Magdalena, NM writes:
My husband and I thought we had bed bugs at first but the stinging bites, dozens at a time, plus the invisibility of the pests have convinced us otherwise. The professional treatment of our home plus our dyi efforts are not working. Please have the CDC put this at the top of their investigations.
Jan 15th, 2017
Marissa T. from Thousand Oaks, CA writes:
Sufferer for almost a year now with Dx ranging from bird mites, flea bites, body lice, scabies, yeast overgrowth, demodex mite overgrowth, and delusional parasitosis (the Dx of which will remain on ng medical record forever- thanks a lot!)... I have boxes full of ointments, creams, solutions I've made from highly toxic chemicals and used in my skin (causing chemical burns a few times). We want to know what this is and why we have to suffer! I could care less if I get cured, but it affects both of my cats and one of my dogs- and they're more than children to me..
Jan 14th, 2017
Someone from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
Jan 14th, 2017
CHRISTOPHER S. from Los Gatos, CA signed.
Jan 13th, 2017
John Markus N. from North Palm Springs, CA signed.
Jan 13th, 2017
Someone from Atlanta, GA signed.
Jan 13th, 2017
Someone from Worcester, MA writes:
PLEASE CONGRESS I beg of you to urge CDC, DEP, MEDICAL,Dermatologist, PARASITOLOGIST to investigate and communicate within each other to find answers, treatment and cure for this pestilence which is causing the suffering to so so many thousand people in all walks of life here in the US. I have been suffering for alomst a year and a half.This is a nightmare. I beg you. Blessings
Jan 11th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Unfortunately, until this condition somehow becomes legitimized within the medical community, it seems like the "best" (read least damaging) approach is to suffer in silence. I told my spouse, who asked his friend, an ER doctor, about it. She said it's in my head and that is what he believes because the bugs don't bother him even though they're in the house, the cars, and his clothing, but they only torture me. She has known me for over 20 years, considered me "a rock" compared to my spouse, and all of a sudden I'm crazy because I feel (and find) bugs crawling on me? I was smart enough not to tell anyone at work, though since I couldn't get more than 3 hours of sleep a night after this started, I was eventually so cognitively compromised that I could no longer do my job and was terminated. I believe that there is something different about us and our immune systems that make us susceptible to these things, but I am also sure that these bugs were not around in these numbers years ago and are now a true infestation.
Jan 11th, 2017
Nang S. from Sacramento, CA writes:
I do not believe this is morgellons disease either what I have been experiencing is way more complicated and I can actually see these micro things around my horse forming the shape of creatures in shadows. I getunder the blanket and I could feel the weight of the things out side the blanket tryingto get to poke st my skin. I am angry and upset I am strrssed out I'm going through legal problems with my daughter's paternal grandmother who feels she is entitled to my daughter when ever she wants when I say no she lies under oath saying I am unfit to mother. This is just a sample of what I'm going threw on top off the legal issues my parents think I'm crazyand on drugs. My daughter's father is giving up on me to because he doesn't see what I'm going through. My parents have told nd they were going to call police if I mentioned any symptom I'm going through out mention seeing anything . I'm not crazy my cat my dog will look at the micro things before I do to they feel it to I see them trying to ignore it but can't. I was around a lot off Chinese imports growing up because my husband's family's ware house I have a strong belief thats where this micro came from
Jan 11th, 2017
shirley h. from Sylvania, GA writes:
i have tried everything-they keep me awake and i have to work half asleep-i have been fighting them for 5 years and nobody cares to help you-please help us all
Jan 10th, 2017
Someone from Morris Plains, NJ signed.
Jan 10th, 2017
Someone from Bedford, OH writes:
I have tried house and garage extermination, furnace and air dict cleaning, recommended removing and cleaning parts of my car engine compartment, all kinds of home remedies. Bites started in the end of August. Over 4 months later I am still getting bitten. I find people are not familiar with this problem and do not deliver helpful solutions. I am a senior citizen and with limited income was forced by this problem to move out of my house and into a motel until I could n longer afford it. I now have a routine that allows me (uncomfortably) to live in my house but requires ongoing work just to keep it at a tolerable level. I need to and still do work and this takes up so much time I do little else and am becoming increasingly miserable
Jan 9th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Fellow sufferers of this nightmare, this tool is getting us nowhere, though at least it is bringing us together where we can compare notes and get validation that what we are experiencing is real and, so far...hopeless. It occurred to me that there is a more direct route to the CDC. On LinkedIn, you can do a search of CDC > people who work at CDC, and find a listing of individuals who identify themselves as being with the Epidemiology branch of the organization. How about contacting these people personally (but in a group email so that one person cannot just ignore it). Their email addresses are probably structured like Firstname.Lastname@cdc.gov. At the moment I am too afraid to do this myself and be identified (though I could write them a damned good letter if I did). If some of you with good writing skills and who come across as being sane and rational, like the nurse below, find at least 4 CDC epidemiologists to make our case to, noting that more people in America suffer from this than Ebola and Zika combined, perhaps we can get their attention.
Jan 8th, 2017
C J. from Woonsocket, RI writes:
Been dealing with this for a while now.... They are extremely contagious. If nothing is done soon, it will spread throughout the entire population.
Jan 8th, 2017
Colleen O. from East Aurora, NY signed.
Jan 8th, 2017
Someone from East Aurora, NY writes:
Please get the CDC on this immediately. I am a nurse (BSN) and have my masters in education. After taking a trip to New Orleans the end of July into August 2016 I came home with gnats, biting midges, and one other type of tiny fly... all confirmed by the cooperative extension. I have been getting bitten ever since the trip. It is five months now. I have been treated by PMD for scabies, then referred to dermatologist and treated two more times for scabies which did very little. They now want me to see infectious disease. I thought they were bedbugs at first but never actually saw any. .. treated everything for them anyway just in case. Nothing cures this. I am so toxic from all the chemicals both prescribed and OTC. I've spent thousands of dollars, bagged my clothes, bought new clothes, cleaned and covered all furniture in plastic, cleaned non stop, bought a leather seated car... stayed at my parents basement for a week while they are in FL, you name it. I am so fearful of spreading this to others... and I work in a school! It fits the description of Morgellon's based on what is coming out of my skin (larva like things but no fibers). In addition, the description in an online article of "micro myiasis" (which are tiny fly larva) based on the tiny flies I discovered and had identified. This is not in people's head!!
Jan 8th, 2017
Someone from Willmar, MN writes:
I have been afflicted with a mite type rash for almost 10 years. It gets a little better with very strong IV antibiotics but it never completely goes away. My spouse nor children have become infected. I have seen every dr and best dermatologists available. They say it is a spider mite. I have used the prescribed medications so many times my does are concerned about the toxicity. I have used every natural remedy as well. I finally have found others in the United States that have the same problem. We are not crazy.
Jan 7th, 2017
Ami R. from Chardon, OH writes:
I use to travel around the world for work. October 2013 I was in Taiwain, beginning 2014 I started having, for me odd illnesses. By March 2014 I was having numerous bowel issues amongst other things, including strange things in stool. I have been to numerous types of doctors, have had numerous tests ran, am currently several thousands of dollars in medical bill debt and still have no answers or a cure. I have pictures of various 6-12" worm things, aomebia type things (even a video of one scrunching itself together and then stretching as it jet itself around the toilet) and black hard shelled pod type things all of which have come our of me inlieu of actual stool. I have been told there is nothing wrong with me & maybe I should see a shrink.... WTF? As I'm typing this my anus is in horrible pain as these black shelled things have literally been cutting me to the point of bleeding for the past 4 days, every time I try to pass stool. This has literally screwed up every aspect of my life as well as helped contribute to my recently loosing my job that I had for the past 16 years. Mentally, I am about at the end of my rope and have nowhere to turn for help.
Jan 7th, 2017
Someone from Florissant, MO writes:
Please help....they are in my noise, hair and skin. I have taken tape to the spot I feel them most. They stuck to the tape...I could feel it moving as they tried to free themselves but couldn't see anything. I have made lotion with need oil which has helped some.
Jan 6th, 2017
Jatasha S. from Athens, GA writes:
I rented a duplex that I found to be infested with mold. My daughter and I started noticing many small bites and rashes all over our bodies. Eventully we moved. Only to get to our new place to find out these mites moved right along with us. Unfortunately I'm a single mom. Struggling to make ends meet. I can't afford health insurance and very terrified that this will affect us long term.
Jan 5th, 2017
Someone from Boynton Beach, FL writes:
Wow!!! Thank God I have finally found others with this problem... The little black specks bite and are in my hair! Also a very translucent (apparently) bug in my hair that I only see on top of water in my bathroom sink after de-bugging my hair. Also have fungus gnats and another tiny little hopping grey mite. My kids are not affected, however I'm going insane with this nightmare !!!! By the grace of god, for some reason I heard the name and asked my doctor to prescribe me Ivermectin which got rid of worms under my skin (clueless) - He gave me two days worth according to my weight...
Jan 5th, 2017
Someone from Phoenix, AZ writes:
I am a sufferer of this debilitating disease. Please HELP !!!!!!!!!
Jan 5th, 2017
Someone from Phoenix, AZ writes:
I am a sufferer of this debilitating disease. Please HELP !!!!!!!!!
Jan 5th, 2017
Someone from Loudon, NH writes:
I am going through exactly the same symptoms and was just told I had psychosis by a 1 second never-seen-before Dermatologist as I was desperate ! I missed Christmas after 54 yrs. with my family and it may be my Mom's and Uncle's last one as they are elderly. I didn't want to give ANYONE this ! I'm livid at the lethargic way Dr's are treating me especially with all their money and spending no time to even try to figure out what this is ! I'm seeing my PCP today whom I know will do nothing either but, in the meanwhile I'm missing my other very important appt.'s like my Pain Dr., physical therapy and not seeing friends and family. I cannot possibly continue sanitizing my very large house (or move even) as my health has declined and now it's even worse with whatever this "Killing Disease" is. After reading about all of the other same cases, I'm starting to think it's a terrorist plot. Will someone DO SOMETHING and stop the APATHY of this horrible thing that's not being investigated (except by me and others like me) and get our very expensive medical field DOING something about this !!!! PLEASE and Thank You !
Jan 5th, 2017
Allison B. from Holiday, FL writes:
I have been dealing with all the above symptoms. I know my son & I had lice,scabies & I have now identified a clear spider(s) inside a "pod" similar appearance to a ramen noodle! It has been battle after battle and $ after $! This needs to be addressed seriously by ALL healthcare professionals NOW! It has been 9 weeks of being in Hell with these demon creatures! Persistence and prayer is ALL that gets you through this living nightmare! The way this is being dealt with is unacceptable!
Jan 5th, 2017
Sasha W. from Blackstone, MA writes:
I am in a sense relieved I stumbled on this page but now more frightened as well. Please CDC help us. I have had these horrible bites for months now. I keep trying to self-diagnose as I have seen 3 doctors and they are clueless. I did the scabies treatment twice (was only given Permethrin by dermatologist after begging for it as she did not think I had a mite - she basically said most of my bites were from me scratching which is bs) Mind you I traveled far to Boston hoping for a more informed doctor. I've been asked if I am on drugs like meth. This holiday season was stressful because I was afraid I might give whatever this is to family so I had to tell them before visiting. Some people think this could be an auto-immune disease. Then today I thought I had this solved after spotting hundreds of these tiny brown flea like insects all over the exterior of house in early morning after an unseasonably warm and wet 24 hours. I caught some but to my dismay they appear to be "globular springtails" which supposedly do not bite. I do not have pets, the house is clean. I have no idea what this is - but it is itchy as all heck and driving me insane and the doctors are very dismissive. I even took an antibiotic for 8 days. I will say it seems to get better when temps are at freezing points so I am inclined to think this is some kind of insect/mite. PLEASE HELP US!! Thank You! Sasha White from MA
Jan 3rd, 2017
Someone from Childress, TX writes:
I myself getting bite from.some sort of mite that look like pepper grains they are all over my house an my dog I have tryed everthing from borax ,to tea tree oil ,flea shampoo ,spraying house with tempo using salt nothing is working an I know im not crazy I see them an actually pull them out of my nose an ear an eyes an privstes an my hair I actually vomited them up an seen them in bowels I have sore an itch like crazy . Its been going on for a,long time . Please help I feel they are bird mites of some sort we get them ever time we go out an my out side dogs have them on them as,well . An they never come in the house just my small dog .
Jan 2nd, 2017
Someone from Frostburg, MD writes:
This is a horrible disease, and people who do not have this problem, don't understand. I have had it for 6 years and tried everything. Nothing is full proof. It totally drives you crazy with the itching and unable to sleep. I hope someone will soon hear our plead. Please help all of us who have this problem. And believe that it is a real disease, and not just in our heads.
Jan 2nd, 2017
metra b. from Adamsville, AL signed.
Jan 1st, 2017
Elijah W. from Biloxi, MS writes:
Yo homie look this is what's up ya know deez bugs be hatin on our swaguhlicious lean meat human bodies ya heard and day be all bitin on our big juicy asses and******ya heard so i just would like to petition to your good graces to please help all of us simple folk fix prevent or at the very least make easier our afflictions with these pesky demons thank you and god bless peace deuces im out WEST SIIIIIDE!!!!
Jan 1st, 2017
Marie E. from Tacoma, WA signed.
Jan 1st, 2017