Unfair child support laws

After children turn 5 they are in school and those women who collect child support sit at home doing nothing when they could be working part time to help support there children. It use to be the male as the main source of income, not anymore, we live in tough economic times, where it takes two in the household to support children. Why should those women stay at home when they could be working. The law should be added to so that those women don't have several babies and then wait for the child support to come in. They should at least be given some finacial responsibility as well as the father. After there youngest turns 5 they should should be required to work part-time to collect there child support. Nobody should have a free ride.

Sep 24th, 2017
Bradley F. from Pinellas Park, FL signed.
Sep 21st, 2017
Someone from Chireno, TX writes:
Our Son has been paying child support for 7 years. Our granddaughter is 7 years. The mother and father never married. However dated at a young age for 3 years as teenagers. The Mother left the country with 1 year old without notifying Father. The Mother married, moved to Maryland with her new husband in the Navy . (child 6 years). Our Son got orders to locate child and fly to see her once a month. Every trip Mother would hide the child. Start chaos. And refused to tell our granddaughter" this is her Daddy". She has told the child her husband is her Daddy. Wanting our Son to be referred as a friend. She has left the country again, without notifying him again. There are orders for her not to leave without consent, etc. She has contempt of court to many to count. Our Son was laid off from the oil field this year. Money did not come directly for several months from pay check. She had the nerve to e-mail him and ask him who is employer . She wants money. She doesn't work and now has another baby. Our granddaughter is not to know us. We are a loving family that never thought a person could kidnap your child and brainwash her to not know her own family. According to our Texas child support laws, they send monthly statements to our Son for child support, still wanting money. We are totally against child support laws, My Son and family are victims of a organization, only for money. The Mother does what she wants, because she knows she can. My Son is on a legal budget to support , Who ? The Mother and all the many people that are employed in this system. It is not designed to help people but to hurt people. our Son is being robbed more ways than one. As we are as well. As long as this kind of man made- up laws of no good, exist. The evilness will continue. No one will Win. Our Son grieves every birthday that he misses, and every Christmas. And it is Not OK, to say Oh Well. To know this goes on and nothing is being done grieves our spirit. Make America Great Again.
Sep 20th, 2017
Someone from Salina, KS writes:
The child custody and child support laws in this country are a disgrace! The custodial parent gets their bills paid and gets to spend time with child while the noncustodial works there life away and never gets time with there son. This is insane! What happened to equality! We fight for equality of race, equality of sex (when it comes to jobs and treatment) except when it comes to child care. This is a huge injustice!
Sep 20th, 2017
Levi K. from Salina, KS writes:
Sep 20th, 2017
Levi K. from Salina, KS writes:
Sep 19th, 2017
SHERRI A. from Elmore, AL writes:
I have joint custody and stay across the street from the father of my kids who's 8 and 11 and court order me to pay 500 a month in child support and the kids are at my house more than his
Sep 18th, 2017
Gabriel C. from Quemado, NM writes:
I am a good father that child support is not being fair I coul lose my hous for my kid to come visit me and have a place to live in I could lose my car that I us to go pick up my kids for them to come visit I could lose my job because I won't hav a car to go to work please help
Sep 13th, 2017
Someone from Bemidji, MN signed.
Sep 13th, 2017
Nelson C. from Bemidji, MN signed.
Sep 7th, 2017
Someone from Sheridan, AR writes:
If the father pays child support, or more (as is usually the case), then he has a dependent whether the child lives with him full time or not. The mother should split the tax benefit with the father, at the least. Also, there should be a cap on child support. There is a reasonable expectation of support for the father's half of what it takes to raise a child in a particular state. As it is currently in my state, she gets 15% of my income with no cap. This is not for the benefit of the child. This is for the benefit of the mother, and the tax law is just outrageous. It seems punitive against the father, especially since the mother does not pay tax on the support as income.
Sep 6th, 2017
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from San Bernardino, CA writes:
So true, shame, shame on these women who have baby after baby, some women have 4 or 5 different fathers who they get with, to collect a check, oh man, I really feel for these men who struggle to pay child support, these are hard working men, I have many men friends at work that share what they are going through, I feel for them and some of these women want To stay home and collect welfare too, on top of child support, and food stamps, to be home all day doing nothing!!!! REALLY! I myself am proud of myself and pat myself on the back and I thank God I am not one of those ugly worthless, heartless woman!! I worked part time until my little son went into full time 1st grade, my 11 year old son would pick up my youngest one and go home, call me at work to just let me know they were home saved, I didn't get a dime from their dad to help me pay a baby sitter or day care! These hurgry heartless women also get WIC and here I was counting how much I can spend and these women are at the cashier with WIC stamps, there man, kids basket fill with food and getting into a nice car, really!!! It really get me upset because they tax me for these kind of women, get a job, I know some that have section 8 too
Sep 4th, 2017
Someone from North Las Vegas, NV signed.
Sep 3rd, 2017
James H. from Westminster, CA writes:
Your laws have ruined my life. I lost everything because of her lies and your lack of investigation. My son has suffered most. Unacceptable court systems need to be fixed! Yours is beyond unacceptable.
Sep 3rd, 2017
Someone from Westminster, CA writes:
Sep 3rd, 2017
James H. from Westminster, CA writes:
Sep 2nd, 2017
Someone from Syracuse, NY writes:
The call to action here is to aggressively fix this broken CSSA standards for individuals with Joint physical/legal custody && to deny any increase in child support if the father can prove he is providing $ directly to the children. I'd also ask that we implement an audit requirement so individuals who provide significant support can have insight into expense management. I have Joint Physical & legal Custody of my 2 teenage kids for more than 12 years. The kids mother submitted a support petition (last one is 3 years old) and the judge has only considered me as a $ amount. He placed a temporary order which is 4x+ my child support payment & has me paying 73% of my max child support obligation without hearing any feedback from the mother about what increase in costs justify additional monetary support. This increase has raised the mother's income by 50% monthly, tax free. To make matters worse, my teenage daughter is getting minimum $ for school clothes from her mother, she was given 200. Seriously, I've payed more than 2100 more in support over the last 6 weeks and my daughter got 200 from her mother for school clothes. My obligations are to provide for my 2 children, I am not to responsible to provide for the needs of the mother's other children in the household, I am not responsible for providing $ to a lady I've never married, I am not responsible for providing $ for her constant mistakes and bad judgement. She gets no child support for the other kids and has 2 other deadbeat fathers - WHY am I being treated like the piece of******father? I am making 96K year, w/ 85% of my income utilized in bills. Now I am struggling to pay for a home that I have had for 10+ years & predict I will need to sell it within 8-12 months. I have 2 additional children (twins). I coach 2 sports, purchase things that the kids ask for (both needs & wants) and I've been providing child support payments via garnishment for 10+ years. I work 60-70 hours a week often 6 days a week, the kids mother stated she works 36-45, yet the kids state she works 4 days a week. My children's mother over the years has had 3 additional children, obtained numerous criminal charges, not worked full-time until recently (last 2 years) -- all while I've been focusing on improving my professional value. increasing my income, and providing for my family. Yes I've even petitioned the court for full-custody & appealed it when the decision was not in my favor. When will folks understand that this system is BROKE & CSSA standards, which does not address JOINT physical/legal are causing GOOD/GREAT fathers be unfairly treated. The system is being used to "transfer wealth" without justifying an increased by the kids or their mother.
Aug 28th, 2017
Someone from Mount Joy, PA writes:
I make 70k a year working 60 to 70 hours a week, ony have high school education and I was homeless for a while while my ex has bachelor degree and she doesn't want to work a day since you married me,3 kids are in school all day ,no money left for me to have fun with my kids while she can afford everything without a job.
Aug 27th, 2017
Someone from Wilton, AR writes:
Ive been through it all been to jail lost my liciense its a constant back and forth from jail ,attorneys office ,dmv office,lose your job lose your licence ,thrown back in jail another attorney same old circle and i took care of my son threw all this ,its an injustice i cant tell u how mad u are when u pay 21 years as much as u can only to be called a sorry parent wasted thousands of dollars on attorneys fees,baliff fees,fines,fees,fees,fees,fees,i cant stress enough Fees!! do they really care about your kid if they take 65 dollars out of 300 u send its a joke a circle u can never get out of im just numb to the consequences of their b.s my son even says its its unfair even my sons mother that put me on cs says its crazy unfair there is people stealing cs all over this country and the fathers are so poor they cant even fight it i still owe 9400 back cs over 21 years ive paid the state over 95000 dollars they have paid my sons mother 68000 look at how much theyve took out and this is arkansas ive read some states are worse than this im still on probation for non payment of cs felony probation theyve closed the front my sons mothers even signed and notorized that i owe nothing to her but they are still trying to put me in jail now for revocation of probation because of the 9400 left on the back its a crazy world an allai tried to do was have a child people????? But its never gonna change because the people have no money to fight back therefore u get a public defender that works for the prosecutors lmao ridiculous im just waiting for the women that put the kids fathers thru this gets fed up with how they treat people an know that its really not right cause ive gave up on the government doing anything for us but keep taking our money least they cant take no more after we die its and injustice people wake up wake up wake up
Aug 27th, 2017
Someone from West Islip, NY writes:
The tax laws changed the withholding. On single 0 giving less to take home and you can't claim the children because the ex wife does. The laws need to change so the one who pays gets to claim. Unless they make other arrangements
Aug 27th, 2017
Someone from West Islip, NY writes:
Aug 24th, 2017
Someone from Port Orchard, WA writes:
I personally am tired child support, I have been paying for many years and these kids are grown and have were adopted in 2000 and they still have me paying for children that are not mine! I was denied visitation rights by the parents, But yet the state of New York still wants my money no one will even accept my paperwork. and I am on disability. and they keep adding to the bill saying I owe more! when I don't and by the way these kids are grown up. they should arrest every judge and democratic politician in the state of NY. shame on them for allowing this type of abuse to happen! and there are laws in the state of new York that arrears can be dismissed for custodial interference not allowing a parent to see the children that they are paying for! But the way the state gets around this if you cannot afford an attorney they just keep refusing ones petition for justice. So in plain English the state of New York is violating my constitutional rights, 1 the right to travel, number two the right to due process under the law and the child support division of the state of new York will not do what is legal and but instead they choose to be corrupt and not hear a case. don't have kids in the state of new York! and don't move there you will be sorry! child support is not the only reason earthier!
Aug 20th, 2017
Someone from Urbana, IL signed.
Aug 18th, 2017
Someone from Racine, WI signed.
Aug 10th, 2017
Someone from Baxter, TN writes:
I think it's ridiculous to put men in jail because they can not afford to pay the weekly amount given by the courts! My son is liable to pay 160.00 a week! For both his kids. When he loses his job he's in jail for back arrears. Then what's worse is taking these men's license's away! How the hell can they get work without a license! Most of the women who get child support are getting their hair done, nails done, or going out to party on this money! I'm not saying all but, most do! I'm also not saying the men should not pay something but, they should not be having to go to jail over this! I think it should be between the man and the woman and out of the courts! My son has been through hell and back over this. I would like to see the laws change. We live in Tennessee but laws should change in all states! Put an end to men being punished for having kids. Really? What a waste of our jail system and taxes over this. Lord...someone do something!
Aug 10th, 2017
Someone from Baxter, TN writes:
Aug 3rd, 2017
Someone from Dayton, OH writes:
The laws child support/spousal laws here in OHIO are so unfair and out of date that either need to be keeply overhauled immediately or the government needs to get out of it all together. Grant the divorce and step aside.
Jul 31st, 2017
Norman H. from Dover, DE writes:
Coram non judice, Latin for "not before a judge," is a legal term typically used to indicate a legal proceeding that is outside the presence of a judge (without a judge), with improper venue, or without jurisdiction. A women should pay a portion of child support back if she don't have any good reasons why she need support for 20 plus year's a kid is no excuse. if she's on welfare section 8 and collect any taxes. If that women don't have any medical condition she should be sued for fraud clearly it is. She getting away with stealing and the state seems to be okay with it. TROXEL V. GRANVILLE,” The liberty interest at issue in this case the interest of parents in the care, custody, and control of their Children is perhaps the oldest of the fundamental liberty interestsrecognized by this court. More than 75 years ago in Meyer V. Nebraska, 262, U.S. 390,399,401 (1923), we held that the “liberty” Protected by the Due Process clause includes the right of parents to “establish a home and bring up children” and” to control the education of their own”. Two years later in Pierce V. Society of sisters, 268 U.S. 510,534-535 (1925), we again held that the“Liberty of parents and guardians” includes the right” to direct the upbringing and education of children under their control.” We explained in Pierce that” [ t ]he child is not the mere creature of the State; those who nurture him and direct his destiny have the right coupled with the high duty, to recognize and prepare him for additional obligation”. Id at 535. We returned to the subject in Prince V. Massachusetts, 321 U.S. 158 (1944), and again confirmed that there is a constitutional dimension to the right of parents to direct the upbringing of their children”. It is cardinal with us that thecustody, care and nurture of the child reside first in the parents, whose primary function and freedom includes preparation for obligations the state can neither supply nor hinder.” at 166 42 U.S. Code § 601 (d) - Purpose.” No individual entitlementThis part shall not be interpreted to entitle any individual or family to assistance under any State program funded under this part. 42 U.S. Code § 666 - Requirement of statutorily prescribed procedures to improve effectiveness of child support enforcement. Voluntary paternity acknowledgment.—(i)Simple civil process.—Procedures for a simple civil process for voluntarily acknowledging paternity under which the State must provide that, before a mother and a putative father can sign an acknowledgment of paternity, the mother and the putative father must be given notice, orally, or through the use of video or audio equipment, and in writing, of the alternatives to, the legal consequences of, and the rights (including, if 1 parent is a minor, any rights afforded due to minority status) and responsibilities that arise from, signing the acknowledgment.
Jul 26th, 2017
Wade S. from Columbia, SC signed.
Jul 26th, 2017
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
Well, you are definitely blinded by your personal case. There is no benefit to the single mother who works 40+ hours a week to provide for her child and keep health insurance since the deadbeat dad decided he didn't want to be any part of our child's life. I Take care of our disabled child, pay all her extra medical costs and still work and go to school. My case involved a police officer who had an affair behind his wives back for almost seven years. This resulted in us having a child. He is a narcissistic pig who only thought about himself. I found out about the wife through my attorney because he didn't even have the balls to tell me in my face and I only found out because I was taking him to court. Almost seven years with this man and I thought I knew who he was. Well not to go off topic but I did take him to court because this was not an unwanted pregnancy. We both loved each other and hoped to be married one day. The only problem was that he was married already and only he knew about it. So he deceived me for almost seven years and thought that it was okay to just walk out on me and our child. Well, I did what every woman in her right mind should do and that is take him to court to have a judge enforce a support order so that he would put in his share for the cost of our child. The only problem with that is that my entire salary goes to all of our living expenses and the child support goes to my daughters medical costs and any cost that arises for her. So I pay about 90% support and have sole custody and he only pays 20% and has no additional responsibilities including not paying health care. So how is that fair? He doesn't have any shared custody since he was the irresponsible jerk that almost committed suicide because he couldn't bare the fact that he didn't have the perfect little life with his District Attorney wife. Well, he of course lied on all of his court documents to make himself look as though he had no money. So you tell me that a police officer salary of 98,000 a year and a District Attorneys salary of 115,000 a year is not enough for him to be able to support his first born. I only make 50,000 a year, provide health coverage for our daughter and everything else that comes with her disabilities since she was born 24 wks premature and has every issue that premature babies have. So, yes he decided that although he couldn't support our child on his over inflated household income, he went and had four more children. Since our daughter was born I took him to court once when she was 1 year old because he was not paying any support and had abandoned her. Our original case took over 4 years to close, and you ask yourself why? Well, as crooked cop and his crooked District Attorney wife, you go figure. So, just when I had moved on with my life he took me back to court 3 more times and the judge denied his request. Oh, and guess what? we are now in court again because he can't afford to take care of our daughter, because he is now retired and has 4 more kids and a District Attorney wife who is also quitting her job and they can't afford to live in California because it's too expensive so they're moving out of state. This last case has taken almost a year, because his flaky attorney keeps pushing it to benefit them. Well, all I can say is that the court systems are not fair to single mothers or fathers who work countless hours so that their children have everything that they should have if both parents were together. Unfortunately the courts don't take into account all the time that a single parent takes to make the child's life run smoothly. But it's sad to say that even with all the efforts our abandoned children's emotions and feelings are not accounted for when it comes to dealing with these deadbeats in court. I don't feel any pity for any man or woman that is obligated to pay child support for a child that they brought into this world. Wether the child was wanted or not, it is both parents responsibility to take care of this child. It is not the single parents responsibility to spend all of his or her salary on this child. The paying parent only gets to pay 20% of their salary which I think is unfair when you add a second spouse to the equation. Also, new children should not be taken into account to reduce any child support. How in the world does a man abandon 1 child and claims that he can't afford to take care of her and then goes and has 4 more! That is the problem with the court system!!!! If the court system is looking for the best interest of the abandoned child then the support should not be reduced period. If a man can stick it to a woman 4 more times and make 4 more kids then he is just plain irresponsible and should not be allowed to take the single parent to court because this does not benefit the first born. Common sense! My experience with my ex- has been horrible in court. He has never once showed up to court, he was never obligated to pay sanctions which I think is ridiculous. Why does the court system put these rules if they don't even enforce them. I had to miss work, take vacation time to be at every court hearing and he gets away with everything!!! If you ask me, Police officers and District Attorneys are corrupt and crooked and they should be in jail instead of being in those positions. Well, this is my two cents on this topic.
Jul 25th, 2017
Someone from Bradenton, FL writes:
The child support office has ruined my life. They charge so much that I cannot even afford a roof over my head even with two jobs. They say they don't have to account for my bills. They lie in court and will not provide you with even a badge number to use in court to say you spoke to someone on a certain day. They tried to even make me pay child support for a child that wasn't even mine just because I was already in the system. Local office have run a muck from their head at the local state office. They work independently and often do not know what is going on in the state office or choose to ignore it. The people working in the child support office hate men and it shows. They do not treat you with respect and often time act unprofessionally when talking to them. I believe the only goal of the child support office is to divide families and ensure a healthy revenue stream to maintain a corrupt government office that is out of control. My ex wife and her family have used the child support office against me so to control me and ensure they keep my children from me. They use it as a weapon against me and the child support office knows this and is alright with it. I mean, sure their going to get their money just the same, so why not work with people who are knowingly using a government office as a tool to subvert a father's rights. My ex wife and her family have deep pocket, and own several houses. Their is no reason they should be using a government office and state tax dollars to take child support from me. Please help me and close this evil practice.
Jul 23rd, 2017
Billy W. from Inglewood, CA writes:
Women falsely accuse men of being the father, and years later sometimes through medical procedure the said father finds out he's not the father, there's a statue of limitations on dna, how can this be when a life's at stake, the women perjure themselves when falsely accuse, this needs to change, or we risk have a nation of incest children, be it the children never get to know their true identity, and the man is innocent but has to pay for a child that's not his, he should be able to sue the mother, and take whatever income social security, ssi or whatever, because she knew all along, men oftentimes don't know if it's his child or the milk man, why should he have to pay for that, dna in cs shouldn't have statue of limitations, it is allowed in falsely accused murder cases, why can't we have the same benefit as others that are falsely accused, and bring those mother's to tell the truth by making them return that money, and alot of times the real father lives with the mother, and the falsely accused has to pay for that, we need to correct this, and allow children to know who their father is, our laws should be about justice, and how can we call it justice if we misinform the innocent.
Jul 20th, 2017
Carl T. from Baton Rouge, LA writes:
The child support is based on overtime work hours that I'm not promised to make and gross pay. We live off net pay. It should be based on what I make 90% of the time which is a 40 hr work week.
Jul 19th, 2017
Someone from Fremont, CA writes:
Not every situation is like this. It sounds like you are not thinking about the best interest of the child involved.
Jul 19th, 2017
Someone from Fremont, CA writes:
Jul 19th, 2017
Someone from Fremont, CA writes:
Jul 19th, 2017
Erin S. from Fremont, CA writes:
Jul 18th, 2017
Someone from Somerset, PA writes:
I believe child support should only benifit untill 5 yrs also they should take these mother's that free load the system and make them work in order to get support ..they were part in making the child they should have to show support on their behalf also in which they are supporting the child .not have kids just to support them selfs ..I can almost bet you that the child most of the time don't even benifit out of the support anyways ....the father is paying the child support and also buying the stuff the child needs and the woman are out living on a high life ..on the support the father is paying for the child ...
Jul 14th, 2017
Someone from Murfreesboro, TN writes:
Face the fact, you know Child Support is a scam. You created it to be so, look at the statistics on why so many low income fathers leave, why so many African American fathers flee. Because you aren't caring about the family at all. It does not cost hundreds of dollars a month to pay for a child. Children do not need TVs, extra shoes, or any of the other superficial things you've decided are alright for mothers to spend on. Children are getting fatter, it's factual. So food is also not as much as necessity as previously thought. Medical insurance? Please, that's 200 dollars right there alone. Child support should never, never be as much as a monthly rent or house payment. You should not be paying for the woman to live an easier life, you should be paying literally to keep your child alive. That's your only responsibility. 18 years of paying 500+ dollars every month? That's more than enough to buy a house. You're flat out evil, what you're doing is evil. Child support should be a flat fee, everyone pays it and the government sends the resources to your home every month. They will drop off some clothes that fit your child, they will give you an EBT so you can buy food. The women of this country need to get off their ****ing lazy asses and start providing for their own damn kids. Also, what is this ******** about a man's child support going up if the woman has another child? The whore should have kept her legs closed. In fact the support should go down, because she obviously doesn't care about her first child.
Jul 14th, 2017