Unfair child support laws

After children turn 5 they are in school and those women who collect child support sit at home doing nothing when they could be working part time to help support there children. It use to be the male as the main source of income, not anymore, we live in tough economic times, where it takes two in the household to support children. Why should those women stay at home when they could be working. The law should be added to so that those women don't have several babies and then wait for the child support to come in. They should at least be given some finacial responsibility as well as the father. After there youngest turns 5 they should should be required to work part-time to collect there child support. Nobody should have a free ride.

Apr 28th, 2019
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
i am a woman who pays child support and i can assure you it just doesn't destroy a mans will and hopes, but woman too. the law 115-97 pretty much say they have NO consideration for other children living in the home when ordered to pay child support. And i think that is so unfair, My daughter's dad does not work but he gets 500 a month from me, thats like damn near 75% of my check. So where does that leave me and my one month old? Wishing and praying for a better job( so they can take more?) I mean seriously.. when he was working and making twice what im making i only got 85 every other week but he gets at least 250 bi-weekly from, its a bunch of bull. These laws need to be looked and adjusted because its not fair for those of us trying to do the right thing
Apr 26th, 2019
Someone from North Little Rock, AR writes:
My life was destroyed when I married my now ex husband. Once he became legal US citizen threw our marriage , he took me off the deed of our home and because I did not work he was able to higher an attorney . he took custody of our children and our home . i was left homeless! So many flaws written by stupid old men ! Both Father and mother have to supoort the children they have! Usually one supoorts the child by being home to take care of the child's needs , and is in able to go work, and the other parent works. THE court should consider all . not just slap a child supoort order
Apr 20th, 2019
Matt N. from Waukesha, WI writes:
In my experience with the "Waukesha Child Support Enforcement", and my belief is, "every non-custodial parent who isn't making a child support payment, is somehow hiding, and/or, sitting on a pile of cash, and are blatantly not paying"! My story, or an awareness that I'm trying to create is, "not all non-custodial parent is hiding, and/or, sitting on a pile of cash, and may have ligitement reasons for not being able to make a payment"! In 2005 I had a serious work injury, and there was about a year and half where my work comp benefits were suspended, but the Waukesha Child Support Enforcement refused to listen, or believe - no matter how hard I try to communicate with them! When I started school, WCTC 2006, that was part of my retraining, coupled with my rehabilitation for the work injury - first semester a success, and a tentative graduation, 2008, and back in the work field! However, in my second semester, 2007, the "Waukesha Child Support Enforcement" placed me in the county jail for contempt for non-payment of child support! My injury attorney stepped and explained that my work comp benefits were suspended, and school was part of my retraining! I was let out, but I failed the second semester, to much time missed, and I just set my sights on the next semester! Needless to say, the same exact scenario happened in the third semester, and it's been a viscous cycle with the "Waukesha Child Support Enforcement" since! I could be angry, bitter, or resentful at the whole situation, but I haven't, and I have made several positive strides in my life since leaving prison - inspite of the fact that I probably should've never went in the first place - but I'm continuing to move forward, and I'm trying to overcome some obstacles as of late - that being bedbug infestation, and some employment barriers! I'm still living in the single, 10x10, room infested with bedbugs, no piles of cash lying around, barely living it seems like, but I haven't given up - my sights continue to be on meaningful employment; positive relationships with family/friends; and trying to regain relationships with my children!
Apr 17th, 2019
Frank M. from Brooklyn, NY writes:
I live in nyc, and going thru my child support case the judge mandates a $325/month payment. I have no job and I have medical issues that affect me working . I was also mandated to start a program to help find me a job. Ah, you ask if I found one? NO. Its impossible I have too Borrow each month to make payment. Judges over use there power, by law if someone doesn’t have a job or can’t work there suppose to impose a minimum of $25 a month. The system is TOTALLY in the women’s favor(no offense ) but you destroy a mans will/hope to make something of themselves. I’m depressed beyond belief and I don’t know how much more of all this I can’t deal with anymore. To top it off she won’t let me see him anymore, I haven’t for 6months, it was his 1st bday and I wasn’t there, it happens only once and she was happy to do that to me. I miss my kid so much, the sleepless nights and constant crying over it is unbearable anymore
Apr 15th, 2019
Someone from Huntsville, AL writes:
I’m also of the opinion that when a woman decides to keep a child, she should know what she’s getting herself into and so be ready to take care of the child financially and not look for child support. A girl my husband met before we got together got pregnant for him. Granted he’s also to blame and should have used protection especially since it was a one night stand. They decided not to keep the baby and she had even collected money from him to take it out. Four years later we get a notice in the mail for back child support payment. This is ridiculous!!!! Now he’s being forced to make payments for a child he didn’t want, that she had even collected money for to take it out. This is wrong on all levels.
Apr 15th, 2019
Jennifer J. from Saint Charles, MO writes:
I have 3 daughters by my ex. He currently owes over $23,000 in child support. The state of Missouri law states this a crime of criminal non support. However, the case has been constantly continued to allow the father free time to not make payments. He made #1, $50.00 in the past twelve months which was made the week before his court date for nonpayment. The judge gave him another cont. Meanwhile his kids I have raised them outside the courts to be 11, 9, and 5. He travels and enjoys a new life in a new city and does not take child support seriously!
Apr 13th, 2019
Robyn S. from Fulton, MO writes:
I beg to differ. Not all mom's that collect child support sit on their behinds and do nothing. My db has evaded paying to me....self employed mom. For 20 years he's been moving state to state and Missouri does nothing. He violated my kids and still out in public....in Georgia no less. I call every month to child support when he don't pay and they do nothing but tell me to wait another 60 days. Why the heck are the deadbeats getting more rights than the actual parent? It's one sided...always has been. It's the same for a deadbeat mom too....we..the actual parents to our child struggle and manage to keep their kids healthy and strong while doing it all on their own with no help from State. So tell me again why this particular petition is out? Why not do something more practical and going after the non paying parent?
Apr 11th, 2019
Someone from Cut Bank, MT writes:
I'm on Social Security Disability and my child support is paid. I had a streak of luck buying and selling so I sent $330 to my underage daughter's mom during the holiday season. I learned this little gift upended their food stamps. A few months later I sent a bit more money but I enclosed a note telling Melissa to not let the money I sent mess with your state benefits. No matter, I learned that the money I sent bunged their food stamp case. I've since backed off and haven't sent them any money in a while. It's clear I was throwing money down a rabbit hole when I meant for them to have a little extra money. What gives??
Apr 10th, 2019
Someone from Bradenton, FL writes:
I've been reading through many, many child support reform groups, petitions, and so on... And I'm noticing a trend. In 99% of the sites, petitions, etc. That I've read, it's clearly written by a man who was done wrong. I am a woman and have had my life destroyed by the child support system. My ex husband, which at the time was my husband was able to keep our son from me and collect foodstamps, Medicaid and child support... while living with his mother and boasting (in texts to me) for me to not be jealous that he has the ability to not work. It can happen to anyone, man or woman. Also, you could do with a proof reader for your submissions. I would be interested in speaking to the maker of this petition or any other petition to help, as well as share my story
Apr 6th, 2019
Peter S. from SAN JOSE, CA writes:
I have never received my full tax return always worked when I could and my child support debt keeps going up and affecting my credit score and also my life I feel like I could never move forward I want to have the best stuff my my children when they come over but always battling child support accounts always get frozen interest rate is unforgiven
Mar 26th, 2019
Lonnie M. from Kingman, AZ writes:
I pay 1400 a month for my back pay. Now I know we need to make sure are children or child needs to have the best but what about us. I work 12hrs day and when I do get payed. It's just enough for a few Bill's which I have to split up. They say a modification helps but when i submitted the paper work my payments went up. How am I going to build anything for the future when I cant even start. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I need help and dont know what to do very stressed out thank you
Mar 26th, 2019
Lonnie M. from Kingman, AZ writes:
Mar 26th, 2019
Lonnie M. from Kingman, AZ writes:
Mar 19th, 2019
Someone from Austin, TX writes:
I would like to know when "Accountability for Child Support Payments" will began to take effect nationwide. And yes, a child does not need $800.00 a month. For what? When is visitation for time with our children going to be enforced? 1 parent did not make the child, 2 did. So why is this system so one sided? Child Support back pay for the next 20 years!!! Come on, seriously!! Some people don't need to hit the lottery, they will destroy themselves & the kids immediately. The system is broken & needs to be fixed, not just for us, but for our children too.. Non-custodial fathers & non-custodial mothers, it's time for us to stand up & fight for our rights too!!! We have a life too. There are many fathers imprisoned at this moment for back Child Support. Isn't that a non-violent crime? I say again, the custodial parent needs to be held accountable for every dime spent on the child. We non-custodial parents have a right to have good credit & be able to purchase a home for our children to come to. Don't put all the pressure on a non-custodial parent, that is an unbalanced scale. I know women who receive Child Support monthly, & throw parties with the money, give it to their boyfriends, buy drugs & alcohol, while the child is hungry, clothes are too small & old. When is there going to be more CPS involvement to check that the child is in a clean, drug-free, safe environment? When will social workers be hired to keep record of Child Support payment spending? When will it all add up like it's supposed to. Right is right, & wrong is wrong. We demand justice!!!! And we demand it now!!!
Mar 19th, 2019
Don W. from Austin, TX signed.
Mar 17th, 2019
Someone from Paramount, CA writes:
It's unfair that a girl can just lie to a guy and say that the baby is his, when in reality its not( and she k ows it) and since the baby has your last name now, you are stuck paying child support for a child is not even yours. Women can just lie and ruin a man's life and just get away with it. So sad! And the law won't even do anything about it...
Mar 16th, 2019
Someone from Lancaster, PA writes:
Spent 10,000 in lawyer fee's just for my daughters mother to say on her own before stepping foot in front of a Judge that she agrees I am a good father and I deserve 50/50. During that time, Mother was purposely working part time hours while giving ZERO dollars towards child care. Now after spending thousands and thousands of dollars for custody I am now spending thousands and thousands for support. When I had my daughter for ONLY TWO NIGHTS OUT OF THE ENTIRE MONTH I was paying 550 a month in support. NOW with 50/50 making less money than last year and mother is making MORE money than last year I am paying 490, I am receiving NO HELP FROM THE MOTHER instead I am rewarding her for choices of deciding NOT to work full time, choices she made prior to our daughter being born which was partying. All while manipulating the system and spoiling my child with gifts after gifts, that I PAID FOR! CHILD SUPPORT IS BEING USED AS A WEAPON! MY CHILD IS BEING USED AS A BARGAINING CHIP! #CORRUPTION#WHEREISEQUALITY4GOODFATHERS?
Mar 8th, 2019
Amber A. from Laporte, CO writes:
How can a woman get child support for 4 kids from the same father but 2 of the kids is Not his and she knows it just because he was there when they all was born. Laws should required DNA testing done before even fileing the child support paperwork.
Jan 25th, 2019
Timothy T. from Eden, NC writes:
I've been paying child support for 35 years... Information provided by the agency found the error and abuse of process.. was told they would resolve the matter.. in 1997/2002/2005/20010/2018.. their accounting and information provided proof of the error... I'm on SSD and have paid attorneys who just say... It's not necessary to have an attorney.. could be done in person and resolved easily.. that was this past Oct.. was Again told, we see the issue. We will resolve this.. garnishment will end once resolved.. today I was notified..of the increase in the garnishment on my fixed income... So now I'm paying NY for abortions, since my grandchildren are getting married and their parents don't require support?? Where is my money going??
Jan 23rd, 2019
Someone from Seabrook, TX writes:
To whom it may concern, I was 16 and my baby momma was 20, Now im in my 30s. She failed to tell me that I had a kid until I was 28. I was happily married (she had 3 kids of her own) until I was served with papers. I did the right thing and took a DNA test, sure enough the kid was mine. I was slapped on a 4K back child support immediately on top of child support. I continued to pay child support throughout ups and downs in life, until i got a life threatening illness/injury that put me down for 2yrs. Im still trying to keep a job but sometimes that injury causes me to lose my jobs from pain. So now my arrears put me at 25K. Last time I went to court and was threatened jail time and shamed in front of everyone without the judge knowing of what I've been through. The baby momma has a beautiful section 8 upper class home, her and her husband do NOT work, lives off of welfare, both are 300+lbs while all the kids are skinny, about to pop out her 5th kid, and both refuses to work! Thank God she's not a drug addict though! My mother was a single parent with no child support and says that a stay at home should NOT be your only job, and I'm sure that there are a lot of other mothers who agree! The attorney general had been nothing but rude to me, cursing me out calling me a deadbeat without knowing what I have to go through. I believe it takes two to tango and responsibilities should be on both parents, not just the non custodial! I definitely agree 100% that a new law should be EXACTLY as written by the wonderful genius who came up with this, they deserve a Nobel prize for that! I have never been a voter in my life but whatever politician decides to get this law out there, they would surely change my mind about voting and I will 100% stand with them! If any politician reads this, please help us non custodial parents! The laws are unfair, outdated, and unjust. Thank you
Jan 18th, 2019
Someone from Windsor Mill, MD writes:
Hello there, My name is Aly and I would like to know if you would have any interest to have your website here at petition2congress.com promoted as a resource on our blog alychidesign.com ? We are in the midst of updating our broken link resources to include current and up to date resources for our readers. Our resource links are manually approved allowing us to mark a link as a do-follow link as well . If you may be interested please in being included as a resource on our blog, please let me know. Thanks, Aly
Jan 8th, 2019
Bobbijo S. from towanda, PA writes:
I am suprised at sharing 50/50 custody the father still has to pay support!! This is absolutely absurd !! The mothers get child support, their boyfriends income , welfare , and work part time so they can still collect support off the former boyfriend. If they share 50/50 no one should pay support !! This law needs to be changed immediately!!
Dec 19th, 2018
Sean D. from Egg Harbor Township, NJ writes:
Hello, I am still stumped about what happened to me today. I went to the past for a to C in Philadelphia to get myself and my son a password, After bringing the proper people were going everything was satisfied they told me I can come back on Wednesday to get the passports at 1:30. When I came back on Wednesday they told me that I was denied my Passport but my son was granted his due to the fact that I owed $1800 in a rears child support. Now stay Garland States that if you all over $2500 you are denied a passport I am not I was told that I had to pay everything in full to get my passport back. I talk to 3 agency people from Trent in child support Lang C just port and state again in Trenton and they all told me that I need to pay my a rear child support to get my password but I am not under the guy lines of the 2500. So can somebody help me out in this process because I'm stumped on how to attain my passport when I suppose go on a trip Friday and I Have to tell my son that we can I go with my other family members to Aruba for Christmas.
Dec 18th, 2018
WontBeSilent B. from Norman, OK writes:
My two daughters say your CHEAP. They are over 5 and need daycare because school is out at 3pm and women work til 5pm. And daycare is out of that $400. I see anymore whining from dad's!? My kids will publically go to the news for proof and men make more money do your research!!
Dec 17th, 2018
Someone from Lincoln City, OR writes:
I am going to protest childsupport colorado. Do I do it at the federal level or the state. Is there anyone willing to walk me through the ropes, so I do it safely
Dec 17th, 2018
Howard O. from Lincoln City, OR writes:
Dec 10th, 2018
Riley H. from Pryor, OK writes:
I am a hard working individual. My ex tried to get me to sign my rights over. I refused, and now she has me paying nearly $400 in child support while she sets at home with no responsibilities whilst my child is at school. She's trying to convince me that signing my rights over is what's best and using the system to her advantage. I begged for 50/50 shared and legal custody. I was continuously told "it won't happen" by my attorney. I have to bend over backwards to prove that the mother is unfit, while all she has to do is change her marriage status. I genuinely believe that the mother should have to work just as hard as the father of she wants to say he's unfit.
Nov 12th, 2018
Yoel N. from Deltona, FL writes:
Mothers should be enforced to report what the money is used for. Just like fathers are enforced to pay by being put in jail if they fail to do so. Also family lawyers need lower their rates.
Nov 12th, 2018
Yoel N. from Deltona, FL writes:
Nov 11th, 2018
Calub L. from Casper, WY writes:
I agree as well ,Antidisestablishmentarianism sucks! Was a home owner had a career as well Clean record as well was served with circuit by mother I appealed served her to district court before I hired an atterney I had a life paid in emeotional stress , financially wont to about bankruptcy im 23 yes not ignorant 3 & 1/4 years later this is my story mother had not even been held in contempt it's been 8 months since I saw my baby daughter I have not met my biological father once in my life ! That being said I alway only wanted to be by mi child's side no matter the cost this has been more than a perturbing nightmare especially on my 3 year old " thanks dead beat dadact "thanks
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Cerritos, CA writes:
They should change the law about the child support specially when you getting a passport they should release a passport for the parents ni matter they are behind passport is very important rights to all Americans , the government need to change some law about child support when getting a passport.
Nov 4th, 2018
Someone from Tulsa, OK writes:
I watched her gamble the child support the other 2 fathers paid monthly. AS SOON AS THE MONEY DEPOSITED SHE WITHDREW IT (at Casino atm} UNREAL !!! No monthly reviews on transactions. Age ,Number of children should all be reviewed too. After 1 child there should be a fair medium. Because if you have a child and need assistance ,having another is ultimately unresponible .
Nov 4th, 2018
Someone from Tulsa, OK writes:
Nov 4th, 2018
Liz S. from Butte, MT writes:
I am a Grandmother & know first hand of how bad the ChildSupprot system is.The custodian parent which in my son's case is the Mother has NO accountability on the large sum of money she gets for his 2 children.We know that she has been gambling,getting her hair dyed,nails done.Congress you really need to change the laws get it so these woman, or men need to be held accountable for the child support they receive
Nov 1st, 2018
anastasia p. from Detroit, MI writes:
I think the system needs to start putting the child support on cards that only work to buy things for the children. A lot of these women use the child support to fix their hair and nails which is why men dont want to pay child support. It rarely goes to the children. I also think the system needs to also think about how much the father makes before making a decision on the amount. Because alot of men cant support themselves because they have to pay more then they can afford. And putting a warrant out on a person trying to find a job to pay child support is ridiculous. It needs to change.
Oct 27th, 2018
Stephen G. from Huntington park, CA signed.
Oct 9th, 2018
Willie B. from Lebanon, TN writes:
My problem is I was told if I would pay all the back child support she was going to drop the child support for the main reason it's not my kid he lives with his real dad and mom but I paid ten thousand dollars and I went away after I signed my rights away and was told to never come around so I did I left and 5 years later out of the blue I find out I'm 18,000 behind on child support I called the devil Jennifer Cottrell and she thinks it's funny and says it's not her problem so what am I supposed to do it's way too much behind I can't even get a passport to come back to america to try to fix this so the system is set up so people can use our government to shake us down for the angry parent I'm so lost about this I'm planning to sit down and make a video on YouTube of how a meth addict can use child support to rob people
Oct 1st, 2018
Someone from Tulsa, OK writes:
Especially having kids and telling the father you don't need him. (Basically playing chess) using the child as a pawn to control the ENTIRE situation. To receive extra income or to entrap the man from his future. Or even for personal esteem reasons. It's very VERY sad how the court system justifies it and manipulate the situation to their personal expense as well. Woman that ALSO have multiple baby fathers should not be eligible for child support at all. There should be a FINE LINE. I'm having my first son .... her 3rd kid by 2 different guys making me the 3rd babys father I feel as if I have been robbed of joy. When govt allows these types of woman to KEEP reproducing carelessly not working consistently but ABLE TO HAVE SEX it's very unfair. Even find another guy to be with after deciding to not work it out with the baby fathers. They literally make the next new guy a stastic very poor and unresponsive generation of self sufficiency ...relying on Income tax refunds and the kids suffer all year because people use the kids as cheap meal ticket for personal gain (TERRIBLE GOVT in a TERRIBLE SOCIETY... A WOMAN CAN GET PREGNANT HAVE THE CHOICE TO ABORT OR HAVE CHILD AND THE MAN AUTOMATICALLY GETS 18 YEARS SO ON AND SO ON???????? ABSOLUTE HELL WOMAN THESE DAYS HAVE KIDS FOR PERSONAL GAIN AND TOTALLY DISMISS THE FATHERS IN A WAY THAT IS FAR FROM NORMAL.
Sep 20th, 2018
Someone from Hastings, MI writes:
I'm a mom of 3 I pay almost 700 biweekley to there dad thats makes a grand a week plus gets my nephews social severity and my husband pays his ex wife who is now married to my ex 420 a week and one of the children live with us we are getting stuck doing everything and paying for what they should be paying for i only bring home 400 biweekly while he brings home a grand.plus my child support and my nephews money and my husband's child support and her pay check we have the kids more then they do.we need to change some laws.and make it eagule.they have a new truck pontoon jhondeer tractor 4 more trucks and travel trailer.somthing needs to be done.and one child mom pays nothing for child support who my husband went to the barry county friend of the court to get her to pay they sent him a letter she don't have to pay yet me and my husband have to.somthing needs to change.if there are two kids invokes one lives with one and the other lives with other there should be no child support or if the paying party makes less then what the other party makes let's make it fair.
Sep 15th, 2018
Someone from Calhoun, GA writes:
Why doesnt congress require people who recieve child support to use a card that child support money goes on and keep track of the spending to see whether or not its going towards needs of the child. In addition to that I absolutely don't understand the point of taking hunting and fishing lisence away I mean thats what most fathers do with the kids ! And drivers lisence something someone has to have to get to work really ? I'm a woman and I can see that its wrong. I would never expect a man to take care of me much less have to have him support my kids I would want to know if something happened I wouldnt have to !