Unfair child support laws

After children turn 5 they are in school and those women who collect child support sit at home doing nothing when they could be working part time to help support there children. It use to be the male as the main source of income, not anymore, we live in tough economic times, where it takes two in the household to support children. Why should those women stay at home when they could be working. The law should be added to so that those women don't have several babies and then wait for the child support to come in. They should at least be given some finacial responsibility as well as the father. After there youngest turns 5 they should should be required to work part-time to collect there child support. Nobody should have a free ride.

Sep 12th, 2018
Tyler S. from Blanchester, OH writes:
I am a father of 3. I have worked my entire life and I've supported my family to fullest. My EXwife has slept most our married life even when the kids are home and I'm at work(I used to come home during my lunch break when she wouldnt answer the phone to find her sleeping this happened all the time) . She has also slept at other men's houses before she decided to divorce me. My kids are in school and she does absolutely nothing during the day she has no job and lives with her parents with my 3 kids. The government has said that this is OK and since I'm the bread winner this is OK with them. I pay probably a small amount of child support compared to most with 3 children mine being $918 a month My children tell me how their mother won't buy them shoes so I buy them shoes and they take them home with them she says she has no money. My children are led to believe she has no money when I give them, her plenty of money. She eats out all the time and goes on vacation with no job Or any real expense being that she lives with her parents. There are easy solutions to this put the money on a card that can be used for food and clothes much like food stamps. There is a lot of stipulation and money spent making sure that the non custodial parent pays their child support but no stipulation or money spent Making sure that the money that the non custodial parent is being spent on the children. This is a major flaw in today's government. The easyability a putting money on a card much like a food stamp card can be so simply done. So why is it not done?
Sep 4th, 2018
Someone from Bronx, NY writes:
Child support and the government could kiss my ass!!! That’s why I don’t have kids! You ain’t about to take my money that I work hard to make. The child support system is unfair to the fathers period l. You cannot justified because another father left his child and blame it on the rest of the good fathers, that are really trying to support there children. The Child support is more for the Government like taxes l, social security, Medicare, and everything else the government wants to keep taking money from the working class, and YES child support system needs to be re written. Women should not be given funds and should be given a card that they can only use when purchasing food, and cloths for the child! If not they should make them show proof as to were the money is being spent.
Sep 4th, 2018
Someone from Bronx, NY writes:
Sep 4th, 2018
Someone from Richmond, VA writes:
I live in Chesterfield Virginia and I have physical custody of my seven year old son and he was three months old when he first started staying with me. I've never thought about child support and never said a word to his mom. Now years later I have a baby by a woman that figured if she got pregnant that we would be together. We had sex for almost two years on and off. I constantly told her not to come to my house and I would never be in a relationship with her. She would pop up drunk and threaten to blow the horn and wake up my son and neighbors. I know I could've called the cops and she would have went to jail for Dui but looking back maybe I should have... Being a single dad with no real family I really couldn't get out much to date and I guess she took advantage of that. So she decide to stop taking her birth control and not tell me so now I'm forced to pay child support and deal with an unstable woman. I feel as though the man is being punished for the woman's decision. I know I shouldn't have slept with her but if she decides she wants to have a baby why isn't she held responsible instead of looking like a victim?
Aug 23rd, 2018
Someone from Lafayette, IN writes:
Something many of you are forgetting is that you chose to have sex and get someone/become pregnant. Most people here in the US start having sex as teenagers and use sex as a source of entertainment. That is a HUGE mistake! Respect sex for what it is. It is how humans, and many other beings, reproduce. Sure, it can be fun. However, there are better ways to connect with others than sex. These child support laws were made because men were leaving women pregnant and destitute. Many men still do today. It takes $300,000 to raise a child for 18 years, and that's for bare minimum in a reasonable economy, such as Indiana. The price tag goes up, depending on schooling, clothing, extra curricular activities, etc. per child. Most of you aren't paying a quarter of that amount, nor are you spending your time and energy raising your children.
Jul 31st, 2018
Adam H. from Apopka, FL writes:
Child support makes non custodial parents pay all their child support in payments because they want to be nosy and see if you obtain a good paying job so that they can jack up the amount of the child support payments! Child support wont let me pay off less than $2,000 that I owe for the last year of child support! I am tired of paying child support! I am not a slave! I am now a transsexual woman, I only date transsexual women, I want nothing to do with vagina ever again and I want to be free of Nazi child support! So, go make your own extra money greedy gov, child support and slutty worthless CIS genders who are wannabe custodial parents and let me pay these remaining Nazi child support payments off!
Jul 29th, 2018
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
childsupport is unfair towards great fathers like me i have him more then she does and its 50/50 custody. I have to pay child support and she does not.That makes no sense hope laws are changed and become equally between mothers and fathers and not more towards the mothers side.
Jul 1st, 2018
Joe D. from Philadelphia, PA writes:
System is very unfair
Jun 27th, 2018
David M. from Maywood, IL writes:
We need to ABOLISH this crooked system COMPLETELY. I'm in the process now. Will find out how we all can come together, and get this monkey off our back FOREVER.
Jun 20th, 2018
Rocky K. from Casper, WY signed.
May 22nd, 2018
Ramiro e. from Edinburg, TX writes:
Judge makeing unprofessional ,personal,and unjustified ruleing soon as my wife and I made afidatus bout zeroing all back pay cause we been together just before stepping up in front of her just made her mad took it out on me for no reason send me down with in mates second court date didn't even took in consideration bout my wage changes or time we been together left me with an outstanding balance that was not right had me on 1300 monthly lost job was earning less for past 2 yet a.g office never did nothing bout it so my ? Is how many men are in jail for a.g office not doing there job or judges like anywhere no changes are done till something happens glad I have a good state of mind bit not everyone is the same if only they would of done there job that would be the ?one more thing they keep ?in here and pressuring my spouse bout best interest for the kids witch any good parent knows family is the best intreaste in kids first
May 22nd, 2018
Ramiro e. from Edinburg, TX writes:
May 19th, 2018
Someone from Springfield, TN writes:
1 will be paying 1,230 a month for 1 child in NY until she is 21. I have been paying since 2007 and lost my job 18 months ago. i ran out of money and was threatened with jail time if I didnt settle up. I was 2 months behind. luckily i did find work. She planned this divorce with her lawyer months before i knew. there was a silent restraining order against me the whole time? What ever that was. She lied about me of course. poisoned daughter against me. havent seen her in 6 years, but still paying. BOTH of them didnt cost me an extra $1230 a month when we were together. In the last 11 years since divorce, she has worked maybe 3 of those years. That is not child support. No one is going to care enough to change it as it is "for the children" and it isnt bothering thier lives, especially if they are lawyers. 21, really?
May 2nd, 2018
James P. from GRASS VALLEY, CA writes:
Had a son in 2000 and felt with her not working.. in 2006 we moved near her folks after having anther bo
Apr 2nd, 2018
Someone from Duluth, MN writes:
Fatherlessness 1. Fatherlessness is the number one social crisis facing our nation. It is incumbent on all concerned citizens to question all policies and laws to determine if, and/or how they promote fatherlessness, and then work to reverse them. It should be officially recognized that because of the social upheaval of the last few decades, the institution of fatherhood now requires special protections. Divorce and Child Custody 2. The law must mandate equal shared legal and physical custody. Adults who bring life into the world by an act of consensual sex cannot have their parental rights curtailed simply because the other parent wills it. Parental rights of unwed parents must only be restricted in the same circumstances where it is done with intact families: when there exists legitimate concerns for the welfare of the children. As long as there are incentives to eliminate one parent from the lives of his/her children, there will be destructive custody battles. The incentives must be removed. Once they are, families will be strengthened on both sides of the equation, since more parents will choose to work through the difficulties in the relationship when they know that they do not have the power to eliminate the other parent from the post-marriage family. 3. The law must mandate that in a family breakup, actions by one parent to eliminate the other parent, be they allegations of abuse, moving a great distance away from the family residence, etc., will be considered not in the best interest of the child[ren], and will be considered compelling cause to limit the custodial rights of that parent in favor of the cooperative parent. Domestic Violence Domestic violence has become a hopelessly politicized issue. Estimates of the number of women battered in their homes each year range from 188,000* to 6,000,000**; and even higher numbers have been claimed***. Also, it has become impossible to address this issue in an intelligent fashion when definitions of violent and abusive behavior have been broadened to include such things as "logic, claiming the truth, not responding to others' needs, and emotional withholding****." Furthermore, domestic violence studies, policies and programs that recognize abuse in all combinations of relationships yet dismiss female-on-male abuse/violence as being statistically insignificant, are clearly agenda-driven and have little credibility. Unbiased research shows that female-on-male violence not only accounts for a sizable part of all domestic violence, but is also an important factor contributing to serious male-on-female domestic violence. For the latter reason alone it can't be ignored. 4. All efforts to address domestic violence that ignore female aggression must be challenged whenever possible. Any and all laws that are written to protect one class of adults at the expense of the civil rights of another class are reprehensible in nature and antithetical to the principles of liberty and equal protection on which our nation was founded. Whether they are explicitly targeted, such as the federal Violence Against Women Act, or implicitly targeted as with M.G.L. 209A: Zero tolerance for any laws that abridge the constitutional rights of one specific class of people for the sake of a politically correct goal that suits an ephemeral political trend. Child Support In its present form, child support is a misnomer. There is no real "child support." The present system takes money from non-custodial parents, overwhelmingly men, and gives it to custodial parents, overwhelmingly women, to spend however they see fit. It is an intolerable condition that a father must be forced to subsidize a family that has been forcibly taken away from him. 5. Following a family breakup, assuming both parents wish to stay involved with their children, no money should be forcibly transferred from one household to another, except in exceptional circumstances, and then only to insure that the children's needs are taken care of. If one parent chooses to be an absent parent, he/she should provide financial support for the children that they brought into the world. Zero tolerance for intentional abandonment and parental irresponsibility. Sexual Abuse of Children 6. Sexual abuse of children is deviant and pathological behavior, and society must protect children from such sexual predators. Intentionally making false allegations of sexual abuse is itself a form of sexual abuse, and this behavior must be criminalized. The children that are affected must be protected from the perpetrators, be they a vindictive parent, child abuse medical "expert," zealous social worker or attorney, or a witchhunt-driven, child-related institution.
Feb 1st, 2018
Someone from Bloomingburg, NY writes:
I hope you can stop child support after the age the mother turns 25 and mothers have to work otherwise they shouldn't qualify and it should be no more than 60 a month because these mothers are profiting from fathers . My husband and I have Been together for 14 years and a horrible woman has come to our lives after 11 years to tell us her child is my husband granted he was with her as a one night stand and she got pregnant in 2001 and wants child support This lady was with him before I met him and she's turning almost 50 I'm disgusted with her I hope you change child support because these mothers are trying to make money without working she doesn't work she collects section 8 and food stamps because she doesn't want to work that's what she told me this is cheating the government and my family stop this now.
Feb 1st, 2018
Someone from Fort Smith, AR writes:
I split up with my ex because of how abusive he was towards me. I didn't want to stop him from seeing his son...unfortunately he took our son to a different city and filed child support on me and kept my son from me.....I had no knowledge or whereabouts of my son. He cut all communication off because I didn't want to be with him....I had no knowledge about the child support system and no help....now that I do I don't know what to do since it has been that long......I cried because the system is so corrupted and no one is listening...I am not a bad mother I tried thru his family and none wanted to help me to see my son. I have back pay and lost many jobs...I love my baby I am trying my best to keep afloat. Now that I am married my husband is paying the child support for me and he is a witness to my ex not letting me see or talk to my son....if I could go back in time I would've think twice about it. My ex graduated from college has a high paying job and my husband and our family of five is trying to pay bills and provide for our babies. I know there are people out there that is going through a similar or a worse situation than I am.... it hurts everyday but I know god will let me see him and let my son know the truth when that day comes..i know that god will help us all when that day come.........for right now I hope to see a better law pertaining to child support.....
Jan 18th, 2018
Someone from johnson city, TN writes:
The child is 14 yrs old, there is one other child that has turned 18 3 yrs ago and child support has been paid at the rate for 2 children when the oldest was almost 20. So in this case it isn't about if you can or can't afford children, it's about being treated fairly in court that's all. Neither of the children have ever went without anything. Matter of fact they have been taken care of and beyond.
Jan 13th, 2018
Someone from High Point, NC writes:
Both parents should have equal right. 50/50 custody. And if one wants majority custody they shouldn't be allowed to go for child support. If you can't afford a child you should let the parent that can afford the child raise the child. It's called parenting.
Jan 11th, 2018
Someone from Johnson City, TN writes:
I am a disabled veteran and I receive a pension with several issues that lead to me being unemployable. During a custody dispute obviously she came out on top I had a judge impute $1,300 on top of my pension which increase my child support to almost $500 retro it back for one year putting me $4,800 behind and then charging $100 to get the $4,800 paid down. When this case started I was current on my child support and now I'm at a point to where I'm going to have to file bankruptcy. I had no representation because of my financial situation. And I'm allowed 37 days per year to see my son. I'm not a bad father I've never done anything to my children except love them I've never said anything about their mother in any negative way. All it boils down to is an judge with an ego problem and difficulty treating someone fairly in a court of law. During this hearing when I was asking her questions he would look at her and say you don't have to answer that. I pretty much have no rights to my child now other than paying child support I have no decisions in anything what is life nor can I discuss anything with his mother.
Jan 1st, 2018
Someone from Port Richey, FL writes:
It's not just women. I had my kids for a few months after my divorce before my ex and I decided I would bring them to him. Since I had been a stay at home mom for so long, I was having a hard time finding work, not to mention the child care expenses would have taken all of my paychecks. I thought it would be in the best interest of my kids at the time for them to stay with their Dad. We agreed it would only be until I was on my feet. Boy was I manipulated. I regret it now, I would have kept them and mooched off the government like everyone else seems to do if I had known what the outcome was going to be. Turns out he only wanted them for the $ that comes with them and he had no intentions on ever giving them back. He's basically alienated me from them, talks bad about me to them, I know nothing going on in their lives and my child support was raised based on the fact that "he could only work part time" Now that it was finalized, he has a full time job and makes more than I do. They're in another state and my visitation deviation was lowered because I wasn't visiting them enough. Well I wasn't because it cost more than $100 to travel 8 hours away and stay in a hotel room. Now it's lowered to $75 and I was told it would be taken away if I didn't visit my twice a month....needless to say I still can't afford to do so. My poor husband works over time and is barely home just so we can afford to pay my ex child support that he doesn't use on the children. He also gets my son's social security check by the way and it is not counted as income ( I am not allowed to touch this either while my son is with me). He takes vacations and texts my daughter pictures of his fun time and steak dinners while they're with me during the summer and I'm still paying his sorry butt child support. I get their haircuts for them because their dad won't pay for a haircut. My son's medical needs get neglected and I can't take him while they're with me because I have to ask permission from him in which he says no because he doesn't want to pay half the bill. The courts use the excuse of he still has to provide a home for them for the 2 months they're with me during the summer. Well hello! I still have to provide a home for them while they're with him too but that isn't taken into consideration. The whole system is screwed up. I work to pay my bills, he should have to work to pay his. The child support system needs to come up with a way to monitor what the money is spent on. Not electric, not rent, not a mortgage, not water bills, not cable bills, not auto insurance, not car payments, not the custodial parent's phone bills, not new clothes and shoes for the custodial parent, not haircuts for the custodial parent, not vacations and entertainment for the custodial parent, and it shouldn't be used at all during extended visitations with the non-custodial parent! Put it on some kind of card that can only be used on certain things and take it away if it's not used for that. Do something! The laws are a joke!
Dec 31st, 2017
Brian B. from Shakopee, MN writes:
Listen, Everyone that reads this. Listen. Child support is NOT signed into positive law. Thats correct, its not positive law. No lawyer will tell you that. It deprives man a right granted to him under 42 USC 1983. Title IV/D, cannot constitutionally touch your money. Period. Now, its time in mass to flood the courts, start fighting for your rights. When your case is stopped, meet up at the regional rallies these people put on with the wages of men they steal from, and arrest these people. Use your case against them as evidence of the fraud that is committed by them. Serious. Strike fear into hearts of the Child Support Workers. The game is up.
Dec 29th, 2017
Someone from Sterling, KS writes:
Child support laws are completely broken. Forcing the father to live in a poverty state due to the antiquated viewpoint of the state and judges. Nobody should have to suffer like this, I almost feel like ending it each day because of the financial stress child support has put me in.
Dec 29th, 2017
Luke D. from Sterling, KS writes:
Dec 29th, 2017
Luke D. from Sterling, KS writes:
Dec 28th, 2017
Chad from Green Bay, WI writes:
The woman should work just like the father. There is no reason unless unable to that the woman can't work. The woman gets child support and every type of assistance available while the father struggles. In many cases the father has to pay thousands of dollars and court appearances to get it court order to see his kids. The woman 9 times out of 10 doesn't even have to comply. A man gets behind on child support he gets put in jail. Its absolutley ridiculous. Also why is child support not monitored? It is for the Child not the woman. This needs to all change and be fair for both parents. If a father is there why put him through nonsense?? It will all change one day. Kids need their Dad regardless of what the woman wants.
Dec 27th, 2017
Someone from New Braunfels, TX writes:
It’s still not fair even if the ex-wife works. The father makes less than wife and has to pay 25% of pay, and the wife uses that money for vacations for her and the guy she cheated with. The father still has to buy clothes since the mother won’t. NOT FAIR at all for struggling father who didn’t cause divorce anyhow.
Dec 26th, 2017
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
Women Today are not the Mother's from the 50's or 60's. Unfair broken system, causes bad relationships. Women use it as a way to get over on someone they feel scorned them.
Dec 24th, 2017
M D. from Roseville, MI writes:
IT'S ALL A FRAUD. THIS IS FOR THE STATES TO STEAL MORE MONEY@!
Dec 14th, 2017
Mike N. from Jacksonville, FL writes:
While this is a noble & valiant effort...my opinion is just "give-it-up". NO PETITION sent to A-N-Y CITY, STATE or FEDERAL AUTHORITY will result in ANYTHING true, fair or just. Why? Money. 1) It's what keeps this "cash cow" alive and ensures that the future generations of the those "in this Ponzi-scheme" live comfortably, and 2) They're NOT going to get any from the mother. [They] could care less about you, your child or any financial\emotional burdens (yes, emotional) that you have or WILL EVER HAVE, while you're incarcerated by this false, unfair and unjust system. As a matter of fact, it's again, my opinion, that these side show freaks are BANKING on you LOOSING YOUR COOL...so they can put you IN JAIL. Why? You got it...money. They make it off ya there too. So again, it's my opinion that we could get tens of millions of these petitions signed & the debate\discussion (within Congress) would go on for A VERY LONG TIME & still nothing would be done about this situation. Why? Right again. MONEY. [They] have special interest groups they have to keep happy so they can remain in office. I'll leave ya with..."I used to believe in justice...then I got older." There really is only one form of true & fair justice. And we'll all experience it at the end of this Earthly journey.
Dec 14th, 2017
Someone from Bridgeville, PA writes:
UNFAIR! Women are abusing the system. For instance the woman I had a child with baited me into having the child knowing that I had a good job, and she did not. Within 6 months of the childs creation she bailed by starting a fight out of no where! She did not let me see my child be born - they are able to hide that too from the father! Suddenly I am given a notice to show up in court for child support, and they award her over 1K a month of my money when she makes only 10.00 an hour? It was her decision to have the child too! It should not be based off income - how much does it really cost to keep a child in your house? Here is the truth, not 1K a month! So now my salary is much less and suddenly hers is a lot! Does she deserve it? Hell no! Does she have a history with other men - YES! When is our failing government going to stop women from stomping over men. They are the ones that leave marriages (statistics prove) more than men do! Not all, but the majority. They know how to play the system, and this******government allows them to! This is not the greatest country on earth if you're a man - thanks a lot U.S.A.
Dec 14th, 2017
Dwayne M. from Huntsville, AL signed.
Dec 12th, 2017
Lewis R. from Kearny, NJ writes:
The LBGTQ is a gang they rule and in power and unstoppable. And have all men by the nuts. I hear so many women talking about how independent they're how they don't need a man how men owe them for what they going threw the only thing he's good for is something to wipe her feet on. Women have done a ton of damage on innocent men because they can. You could be doing the right thing and since she's power tripping and she no she can get away with it. I have three brothers on child support including myself. I guess we are all dead beats smh. Women don't get held accountable for there action. The mother of my son went from gay to straight to gay got pregnant by a man put me and him on child support. Stop working because I got a great paying job. I came across tons of information pointing out facts about child support is illegal and unconstitutional and yet they allow them to destroy men and our kid's. Child Support go off of HEARSY obtaining information through fraud and force and tricking you under duress and coerce never telling you child support is a service.... Here's a little something 42 U.S. Code § 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia. The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides, "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly . CASE CITES BY TOPIC: VOID JUDGMENT *Elliot v. Piersol, 1 Pet. 328, 340, 26 U.S. 328, 340 (1828): * Under Federal law which is applicable to all states, the U.S. Supreme Court stated that if a court is “without authority, its judgments and orders are regarded as nullities.
Dec 11th, 2017
Someone from Casselberry, FL writes:
the mother of my child hasn't had a job in 13 years and collect child support and receives food stamps
Dec 8th, 2017
Nicklaus S. from Buffalo, NY writes:
I agree the govt clearly care less about fathers and helped these women get the idea of ruining a man life with child support for the rest of his life while they do less and have more access to being successful then men once they have the children their lives are less demanding in the work field seeing how they can collect child support all year round and file the children on their taxes anyway that's how they are easily passing the men in society by vandalizing our pockets even though we too have to live off that check the court just takes don't ask they don't care if you have rent groceries transportation needs back and forth from work that's not a concern but the women can spend child support on clothes going out drinking or on a new man while we have to break our backs to see anything this is a injustice that's been plaguing the world before I was born but women in all races have developed the scheme on child hustling so many dads have been forced into unsuccessful situations not able to get back to school young dads especially because they have to work for one night mistake that's going to cost them their whole life one night there is no protection for men against these hustlers we need a attentive govt not willing to call us no good because they have families where the women don't act like this is a real society so many men turn to crime after child support and that is running the society and raising the crime rate that was built off men sacrificing themselves it's the govt duty to protect us from these scammers plaguing the men on this society lower the child support kids don't need the majority of the money a kid can survive for a week in school which provides lunch and transportation how many pairs of food and candy bars do you think a kid needs for two weeks while dads are losing their minds because they are working and can't receive their due how about you make the mom work those at these jobs to get that so we can get a second job or go back to college
Dec 8th, 2017
Kareem B. from Newark, NJ signed.
Dec 7th, 2017
Kareem B. from Harrisburg, PA writes:
Trump will never address child support in anyway Trump don't have the power to do so. He will have every state and women at his front door angry. It shows us who have the real power. The mother of my two kid's told me she will make share I don't have two cent in my pocket just because I not kissing her*****it all started over my 11 year daughter Kimani I Barnes who passed away. She said you take care of her more then her two kid's that's a lie Kimani was a sick child with leukemia. It got so bad she had balls to say claim her on your taxes so she can get the money and could care less about my sick daughter dying. I have not had a stable home to live in I'm homeless I can't make ends meet. I have text messages screen shots of her asking, for money day's after she receives child support. I gives her the money and I said stop begging for money. I got a text back **** you your a bum I don't need you your not doing anything for your kid's I'm blocking you, that's a lie I pay child support for 13 years the two kid's are 13 & 16 it should be a law if you have a kid on child support and you have more and put them on child support that should be fraud. It's clearly you can't take care of any of them. So stop making them. Women are out of control with no power steering and laughing at us foot on the gas crash then say your a beat dad dead.
Dec 7th, 2017
Kareem B. from Harrisburg, PA writes:
Dec 6th, 2017
Quinton H. from Bronx, NY writes:
I think child support should be monitored on a card
Nov 30th, 2017
Jennifer O. from Spring Valley, CA writes:
I am a mother of 3...ages 16 14 and 9. I am paying child support for my 2 oldest. I just received a letter from child support office saying the custodial parent is requesting for re eval. Now i am paying $300 a month already. I am barely making ends meet. Custodial parent is married and is working and he is now on ssdi. They bought a house using his cashed out retirement. They opened a child care and also fostering kids. Now that he is on ssdi, he wants me to basically supplement his income because they cant afford the house they live in. Now in CA, they calculate the gross income and they don't take the custodial's spouse's income into account. But if i get married, my spouse's income has to count in the calculation....that is unfair! My expenses might not even be considered into account. I am also on intermittent family medical leave so my check sometimes is only around $900 take home. CA is one of the most expensive place to live in.