Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Jan 8th, 2017
Manette C. from Lancaster, OH writes:
My 28 yr old son is going thru battle of false accusations by the woman he has been with for 10 years. She is a habitual cheater and drug user. Childrens Services gives her a heads up for drug tests so she can get stuff to test clean. We have the phone of my sons, that she had turned on in her name, showing drug deals to her drug addicted mother and others, text to her newest boyfriend (she had move in my sons house after she had him falsely arrested) where they're plotting in instigate him. They want to live in his house together. It's been a month. My son is still paying all house payments and bills, buying groceries for his 3 daughters, along with diapers and other necessities. He only makes $14/hr and is told by the courts " he makes too much money for a public defender ". Legal Aide won't help on criminal charges. He has no extra money from supporting his home, while driving to my city to sleep and shower. Sometimes he sleeps in his car at work to save gas. He barely eats. He's about to plead no contest to get it over with, even tho he's innocent. He has cerebral palsy. He needs help and every lawyer wants atleast $750 down. Innocent men are paying. She's the physical and mental abuser to him and my granddaughters.
Jan 7th, 2017
Someone from Elmer City, WA writes:
my ex daughter in law is trying to get my son vilated on his parole by calling his po 5 days in a row and claiming he is traveling to washington from idaho with a travel permit trying to see her their children. this is a lie he has not tried once to see kids and no one has seen the kids since she trew a fit and kept them away from everyone since december 13 th 2016. he does have visitation on record, but he has not sought them out. she is just trying to get him jailed again. i live right up the road and am sick. my son has come to see me with his parole officers permission, but he has not tried to see his kids at all. what can we do? she is being mean and vindicitive. her sister has alot of money and has it out for my son to. please help us.
Jan 6th, 2017
James Y. from Fort Lauderdale, FL signed.
Jan 6th, 2017
Louis M. from Cove City, NC writes:
I was accused of domestic violence on 2-15-15, I never hit my ex I never even yelled at her. When she returned from Norway on 7-16-14 I didn't even get a hello. At that time she told me she wanted to return to Norway, and if I signed over the rights over to my child I could see him maybe once a year if I bought the plane tickets. If I refused she would charge me with domestic violence. I refused from that date forward I was told 3 to 4 times a week I was going to get arrested for domestic Violence. On 2-15-15 her son was screaming about the food I bought for the family, saying he wanted the money demanding it was returned. I told him that was my money he started walking into me I moved up my arm to block him from walking into me, then he started throwing punches, to beating me with a pot. Right after she told me I attacked her son, she took the pot outside and hid it. I was surprised it was like this was rehearsed. It was dropped in court but since this time she has refused for me to see my child. A child needs both parents. I'm still fighting in court to see my child.
Jan 6th, 2017
Someone from Greenwood, IN writes:
I was falsely accused of domestic violence by my wife in the state of Indiana. She has tried to gain sympathy by fabricating a lot of truths, half truths and lies. She has alienated my children from me.
Jan 6th, 2017
Veronica G. from Galatia, KS writes:
My brother was unjustly accused of domestic violence love his wife then never happened if you looked at my brother and then looked at his wife you would have seen he could have done so much more damage and she had no bruises nothing to her she would have been in the hospital 4 months years if he would have touched her he was released and unfounded but things went on terribly and he still has a record that was very unjust of domestic violence and now he can't have the things she wants and many more things that happened ditch is it unfair and just against her
Jan 5th, 2017
Someone from Fairmont, MN writes:
Im a woman who has been a domestic victim for 11 years. 2 years ago i was charged with the dv charge. A crime i didnt comit. My husband lied and now admits he lied. Please make a law for us innocent people to reverse our records to being innocent again. This destroyed my life. My dream job was to be in criminal investigations to become a law officer as well. I have haddreams of helping people my entire life. My dreams are shattard. I need peace. I need my life back. I never even touched him . I had the abuse marks. But i paid the price in so many ways.
Jan 5th, 2017
Someone from New York, NY writes:
My wife made false accusations against me to the NYPD and they arrested me not only without proof, but with proof the allegations were false. She didn't think I was going to get arrested. She just wanted a record of her alleged "brutal beatings" so she could use them to get citizenship. It wasn't enough that I was helping her get citizenship. she needed a backup plan to prove that she was the victim of domestic violence. The system supports this kind of behavior and they will arrest you will glee. They blindly trust any woman who makes an allegation. I don't hate cops btw I hate the system. Domestic Violence is perpetrated equally amongst men and women. All you have to do is research violence in lesbian relationships and you will see that there is roughly the same level of violence in couples with two female partners. yet incredibly the NYC law makers claim that most women who are arrested for domestic violence didn't do it! Men and Women deserve equal rights for equal crimes. Anyone who makes a false allegation should be vigorously prosecuted and restitution is only fair. We need to end this brutal cycle of lies that is supported by the state and the government using a false narrative.
Jan 4th, 2017
Someone from San Francisco, CA writes:
The objective is to create as many criminals as possible...on and increase consumer spending. Male false DV..got one...the children who grow up malnourished with a dangerous and dishonest (probably filthy and can't cook) Female so they become real criminals too!..got another one. The step boyfriend...he's alrEady a Felon...trifecta! Now get out there you addicted to retail consumer Female and spend that money! Every dime so the entire Family can be broke, no futur, and children who grow up to be angry pharma'd out adults. By golly we gunna have more gubment jobs JOhnny!
Jan 3rd, 2017
Rebecca D. from Forney, TX signed.
Jan 3rd, 2017
Frank R. from Redmond, WA writes:
I have been victim of false allegations, specifically through fraudulent protection orders. Now my lawyer tells me it is virtually impossible to prosecute the perjury my abusers have committed! To this day, I am trying to get justice! I had been abused and then further victimized by my abuser, through administrative violence. Stop false accusations! Read my story on http://realdanniaskini.wordpress.com.
Jan 1st, 2017
Lisa LeAnn P. from Nashville, TN writes:
The standard of "innocent until proven guilty" must be the only standard used in every court for justice to be served. Family court should not be an exception. Period.
Jan 1st, 2017
Edward R. from Roanoke, VA writes:
ALL initial Protective Orders / Restraining Orders are issued "ex-parte'" (ex-parte' means without trial), literally based on NOTHING but an accusation. In many cases, the accused doesn't even know they've been accused of anything! Its done this way, because its considered an "emergency" situation where someone is in "imminent danger". If the person (male or female), is in "imminent danger", shouldn't they be directed from the courthouse, (the one they're currently located in, with armed police officers / deputies), straight to a domestic shelter, where there is security? Why would the magistrate send the person RIGHT BACK to the place where the "abuse" is allegedly taking place, with a piece of paper that says "don't abuse this person anymore"? Its because these people are not in danger.... they're not scared.... they are STEALING money, possessions, and custody of children from the accused, with the help of the courts, and using law enforcement as their "muscle". Multiple studies prove this... look them up. Change the laws, or don't.... I don't really care anymore. I will live the rest of my life COMPLETELY alone, and I will avoid ALL human beings (male or female... no one can be trusted when our laws allow for people to be falsely accused this easily), as much as possible, until I die. If the loneliness gets to be too much, I will commit suicide, like so many other men have done, and do, every day. I just want the US Government to finally ADMIT that THEY are causing this! Our laws are literally set up, to ALLOW this! They even encourage it, in many cases. When it comes to domestic violence, if you are accused, you are guilty! It is literally that simple. You will be forced to prove you did NOT commit the abuse, which is nearly impossible. How do you prove a negative?
Dec 30th, 2016
Someone from Folsom, CA writes:
Wow. Great to see I'm not alone. My now ex-wife of 25 yrs had apparently been planning to divorce me for 3 years prior according to my kids. I got hit with a DVTRO at family court, I thought we were going to agree and keep the kids out of it but she dragged them in and served me the same day. It ended up backfiring and they rejected it but to this day she tells everyone the reason for leaving was abuse. Its sad to think I spent my whole life with this person. So shallow. Now i'm 10 years from retirement, living check to check paying alimony until the day i retire, knowing I'l barely be able to afford to live at 70. While my ex only spends on herself.. It's Financial suicide..
Dec 29th, 2016
Someone from Kent, OH writes:
I am experiencing this situation right now and its the most helpless feeling in the world. It started with her beating me up and calling the cops and she was afraid I was going to tell so she said I pushed her. in spite of me having a black eye and scratches on me, they arrested me for DV. SHe later admitted I didn't touch her but it was too late, they convicted me. Since then I took several more beatings from my bi-polar girlfriend and when I finally left her and she was convicted of DV and assault, she went and got a DV civil protection order and has called police twice when seeing me in public and I'm now facing felony charges. I am stunned and at a loss and don't have any idea what to do. I have tons of proof of her abuse, but nobody cares..
Dec 29th, 2016
Someone from Hayward, CA writes:
I myself am a victim of false allegations of domestic violence because I simply filed for a divorce there has been many attempts to have me arrested since the trio was approved and none have been successful also there was never any reports of violence throughout our marriage all of these false accusations have been made after I filed for divorce I am now broke struggling to make it struggling to find a job and struggling to maintain my relationship with m our children this has made me really wonder about our justice system and also wonder how is it that the courts main concern is the safety of the children if they put children with a parent that can't even set an example of being an honest person our system has a huge flaw and kids all over our country are being deprived and raised by parent who can't set an example that is most important when before any person even speaks in court "I promise to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth ". This is sad and these words you just read are true !! ,Sad very sad !!!!!
Dec 29th, 2016
Someone from Hayward, CA writes:
Dec 29th, 2016
Someone from Hayward, CA writes:
Dec 28th, 2016
Rena D. from Irving, TX writes:
False accusations leave a lifetime scar. As a female I am ashamed of those who cry wolf and I hurt dearly for those who are abused. Something has to be done.
Dec 28th, 2016
Polly J. from Pilot Point, TX writes:
My boyfriend and I are going through DV right now. We were hanging one night I got mad at him and went after him and he had marks on his face. Liquor was in the mixs I black out and started hitting him he tried to sto stop me. He had to hold me down so I would stop coming after him when I came back from being black out he was on top of me I got scared and take off and the cop were called I didn't tell them much about what happens because I was still drunk and confused about what was going on now he is getting trouble for me making a big mistake he has a lawyer and I am trying to help him get out of this bc he did nothing wrong to me I help bc I don't want him to go to jail for what I did to him
Dec 28th, 2016
Paul S. from Appleton, WI writes:
As the victim of years of emotional abuse, I was convinced by medical providers that in order to provide a safe environment for my family, I needed to leave my emotionally abusive wife and provide a safe and stable home for my kids. When I filed separation papers, my ex lashed out with a string of false claims. Due to the strict domestic violence laws in my state, I was arrested multiple times, faced multiple criminal trials, and was financially ruined. After the 4th such accusation, my lawyer finally presented facts that showed my ex had knowingly modified evidence she provided to police and made false statements. The case was dropped but the DA refused to press charges against my ex for the crimes of perjury and providing false testimony to a police officer. The results of my ex wife's previous false accusations placed her in a protected status and the DA was unwilling to prosecute a "victim" despite overwhelming evidence that she had actually committed a crime. She used her falsely obtained status as a victim of domestic abuse to secure custody of our children, multiple special welfare programs designed to help true victims of domestic violence, gain valuable resources from local charitable institutions whose aim is to help women in actual crisis. My children are left in the care of a severely emotionally unstable woman, while I am kept in financial ruin dealing with continual allegations made in civil court which, though repeatedly found to be unsubstantiated, the legal system is unable to dismiss. There is simply no legal means to defend myself from such legal harassment due to the politically and morally charged deception that she is a survivor of any type of actual abuse. She is stealing resources and privileges designed to help the brave women who are actual victims of abuse, and using her ill-gotten status to leverage the legal system into her own institutional weapon for continued and effective emotional abuse, even after I have left the marriage. I cannot begin to express the sense of hopelessness and injustice I live with knowing that I have zero legal protection from this atrociously unstoppable legally protected form of harassment.
Dec 27th, 2016
Mary I. from Tres Pinos, CA writes:
I know a young man that is going to court did nothing wrong but because he finally said no to his wife of 2 years in a relationship for 6 and tried to stop her from scrambling with the kids for fourth time. When she does this she only lets them talk to him for 25 seconds we have timed the phone calls. Once a day sometimes twice a day. He stood up for himself , not even touching her but leaving with one of their children and called police to let them know and they said it was a civil matter. Then she called accused him of hitting her and grabbing their daughter , she charged him with domestic violence and now cant see his children till the court date. I was a witness to the incident , via phone he was the one calling for help and we have it on tape. But because she was a woman and said he hit her with no evidence he suffers. They call this justice?????
Dec 27th, 2016
Someone from Ankeny, IA signed.
Dec 27th, 2016
Olivia M. from Tucson, AZ signed.
Dec 26th, 2016
James R. from Yonkers, NY writes:
I married a immigrant woman she has put domestic violence charges on me in order to petition to get her green card. I am now going through a legal battle to prove my innocence. Something has to be done to stop this dreaded crime. These people are ruthless, destroying innocent people lives they need to be held accountable.
Dec 26th, 2016
from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
Hi iam a good man I took a woman who had a child with another man married her while in the service got out then she went back to here home town and cheated on me and then I get a call from the Department of child services that my child that I've taken care of at 3months till recently not being cared for,so I call her . I let her know why I called and asked her if I could meet her to talk she agrees I go talk and pick my daughter up and take her with me after she agrees then nexts couple hours go by I get a call from her to bring my daughter back fyi there's no child custody order and legal on her birth certificate iam her father. To sum it up I was informed days later that I have a warrant for my arrest I turn myself in and began my trail this next year so I think knowing both side of the situations helps so I think before filling charges they should really get statements and witness from both sides because in my case I knew she would do something like that if I didn't bring anyone that why I had my friend go with but still it's very damaging to the child but me as a father it's more hurtfully because I just wanted to be a father to my child and if she's not being cared for then it's not right
Dec 26th, 2016
Manisha S. from Plains, PA signed.
Dec 24th, 2016
Someone from Greensboro, NC writes:
I am currently being ruined by a vindictive and resentful woman. False allegations of domestic violence. It has cost me my job, my freedom, along with friendships, and my dignity. Stop these women now. Make this a crime.
Dec 23rd, 2016
Falsely charged with Domestic Violence T. from King, NC writes:
I had a baby with a woman that is married to another man on a K1 visa and she took our baby away from me and I got a DNA done and got a lawyer to get 50/50 custody. The woman who I got pregnant came from the Philippines. She got so angry I was awarded 50/50 custody that she lied on me and said I commited domestic violence and she had no proof and she took a 50-B on me for 7 days. We had a court date and I couldn't afford a lawyer, but I represented myself well and proved everything she said was a lie. The judge awarded her wish and stuck me with domestic violence and now the 50-B is extended for 1 year. Now I have a bad record over lies and false allegations and I don't know what to do. I know she done it to take custody away from me and to help get her green card faster as well as get child support money to send to her country because she is too lazy to get a job. She doesn't even love her husband. She used him just to bring her to America by marrying him.
Dec 22nd, 2016
Someone from New York, NY writes:
Most of the foreign spouse falsify the statements and files Domestic Violence cases just to get the Permanent residence card. Because in the immigration if your are divorced within two year the only way you can get green card is by showing that they were abused and victim of domestic violence. And if you go to court however is first to go to court automatically you get Temp restraining order until hearing. and they use that document to get the green card in immigration. Before giving restrain order of any kind please hear or listen to both sides. Stop the Misuse of the system.
Dec 22nd, 2016
Someone from East Elmhurst, NY signed.
Dec 22nd, 2016
Michael B. from Little Falls, MN signed.
Dec 22nd, 2016
Someone from Tarrytown, NY writes:
This has to change. The children are the ones who suffer most, without a voice, law guardians are puppets of the system. I have been vindicated and still continue to fight my way out of the unsubstantiated Pit of darkness.
Dec 22nd, 2016
Karen C. from Long Beach, CA signed.
Dec 22nd, 2016
sonya s. from Charlotte, NC writes:
Yes we need reform, 50/50 co-parenting ...we are fed-up with the courts manipulations and destroying families!!!
Dec 21st, 2016
Willie S. from Memphis, TN signed.
Dec 21st, 2016
Someone from Stratford, NJ writes:
Domestic violence legal theory is produced to fight the evil of violence in relationships, but in its current form is not conforming with the Bill of Rights or 5th amendment promise of not taking peoples right away without due process. A strangely political idea of not having to adhere to due process as long as a 'victim' cries foul loud enough. In my neighborhood two cases of killing of spouse or love interest were not stopped by those laws. One did not even reach the courts - in the other the male perpetrator was too disturbed to even care. In both cases the female victim was dead after being so well protected. For the rest of the normal population even being accused of such abuse will strip you of your parental rights, residence or make you loose your rental and take your gun ownership rights. I will always feel sorry for the real victims, but one sided claims do not establish guilt and lies will be lies.
Dec 17th, 2016
Pamela A. from Marshfield, WI signed.
Dec 17th, 2016
Kimberly G. from Milton, WI signed.
Dec 16th, 2016
Someone from Burton, MI writes:
I've seen the results first hand that someone will claim abuse and use it to justify the kidnapping of a child and to prevent a parent who is loving and wants to be a part of the childs life at a distance. Especially after the person and their family both threatened making certain they will never see their child again and threatened to destroy them and their reputation.