Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Nov 2nd, 2016
Someone from Lake Junaluska, NC writes:
please stop this I'm in the middle now of this an it's Not right!
Nov 1st, 2016
Carol M. from Boynton Beach, FL writes:
I am a woman who has never hit anyone in my entire life, who was falsely arrested for domestic battery by my criminal, battering ex, and now, for a crime I never committed or was convicted for, is preventing me from getting applicable employment. People who make false allegations should be charged and prosecuted for a felony, which is a punishment, unlike mine, that suits the crime. This has ruined my life.
Oct 31st, 2016
Someone from Blairsville, GA writes:
Yes, I agree 100%! It is not just women who are stooping so low as to committ this type of legalized purgery, but men are jumping on the band wagon as well. And it is not just about spouses either. My brother filed a PO on me out of disgruntled anger and caused me to have to make 3 seperate trips out of state for 3 different court appearances before if was finally dismissed. He was trying to paint me as some dangerous criminal and digging up bones (in this case it was 20-year old traffic violations) to make a case. Fortunately the Judge was sharp enough to pick up on it and dismissed it on grounds that he did not consider me dangerous.
Oct 30th, 2016
Lindsey C. from Hannibal, MO writes:
My brother in-law is going through this right now. A woman he had been seeing off and on for two years accused him of hurting her really badly, but from what it is looking like from the police and doctors is that her injuries were self-inflicted. She has slandered his name and is constantly spreading more and more lies which is making him afraid to be alone in public and sometimes he doesn't want to leave his house. I worry about his well-being, because every time she post something on social media about "her story", I see people posting that he needs to be castrated or beaten badly. For someone to falsely accuse someone of something like domestic violence is extremely cruel. My mother actually went through domestic violence for years, and it isn't something anyone would actually want to experience. My brother in-law is a Marine, a father, and went through painful divorce while he was deployed. Just because he didn't want to be with this girl he dated for little bit, doesn't mean she needed to ruin his life and drag his name through the mud like she has. The courts know the truth, but the public thinks he is a monster and I wish they could eventually hear his story, but the case is still open. We need to more outspoken about this subject and educate people.
Oct 29th, 2016
Stacy A. from Mchenry, IL signed.
Oct 29th, 2016
p s. from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
I am a victim of false accusations , lost all I had , 8 months in jail , all charges dropped but still paying the price, immigration only sees the charge and not the outcome, these orders should not be given lightly like it is no big deal, I am probably getting deported at some point, not only I was abused , proven more then once , but also the consequences are disastrous while the real abuser just goes on with her life like its a normal thing to do, I understand some people need protection but its completely out of control and its used for 90 percent as a weapon of destruction to petition for an injunction, even cruel lawyers use it as a tool to gain advantage in a divorce for their customer, it is a huge issue and should be changed
Oct 29th, 2016
Garrett K. from Woodbury, MN signed.
Oct 28th, 2016
kelvin w. from houston, TX signed.
Oct 28th, 2016
kelvin w. from Houston, TX writes:
MY GIRLFRIEND OF MY 3 KIDS LIES ON ME ABOUT D.V NOW WE HAD SEX IN WHICH SHE AGREEDED NOW SAYS I RAPED HER NOW SHE IS BACK HOME SHE IS ILEGAL HERE IN U.S.A I THANK SHE IS TRYING TO GET ME ON VAWA SO SHE CAN GET HER GREEN CARD/HOUSING/FOODSTAMPS. SHE DOESN'T WORK PLEASE HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Oct 27th, 2016
Joshua H. from Umatilla, FL signed.
Oct 27th, 2016
Robert D. from San Dimas, CA writes:
I'm in desperate need of some advice. I've been wrongly accused of domestic violence . The night the incident supposabely occurred I was at a friends house. I'm now being faced with 2 years in prison possibly five if I lose the trial. The woman accusing me has wrote a letter to the district attorney stating that she had relapsed after a year of sobriety and lied to the police due to the fact that she was angry with me over us breaking up.. it is my understanding that there is something called battered woman's syndrome and because of this syndrome district attorneys go with the first statement made. I'm in fear of being ripped away from my children and the emotional damage this may have on them if I was to be sent to prison. I understand that if I was guilty of this crime I should be punished. However where is the justice for the innocent.. any help will be greatly appreciated thank you for your time
Oct 26th, 2016
Gen A. from redondo beach, CA writes:
reform now! people who got raped r victims not criminals! rapists r the true criminals!
Oct 26th, 2016
Someone from Louisville, KY signed.
Oct 26th, 2016
SHERRY R. from Eugene, OR signed.
Oct 26th, 2016
Mark L. from Tampa, FL signed.
Oct 25th, 2016
Brett W. from Bellefonte, PA writes:
Thank you for spearheading this effort, raising awareness, and seeking change. The effects of this practice and barbaric for children who are already being forced to deal with the unfortunate nature of even a civilized divorce/separation.
Oct 24th, 2016
Florida Resident from Orlando, FL writes:
If you are living with somebody which is illegally residence be careful because they are using this law to get the legal residency in the fastest and economy way. I have US citizens friends in this situation been accused and get arrested just to be find out that the only intention was to get the legal residency. Most of them are women from Dominic Republic. This law need to be changed and allow prosecution for false charge of domestic violation.
Oct 24th, 2016
Someone from Stratford, NJ writes:
I have seen many story like Rio Rico on this site. I can sympathize with all people that are law abiding, not abusing even caring individuals that get hit with the law enforcement action that does not care to determine who is right or wrong. They do follow their own rules - are very likely scared out of their mind to run into an unbalanced person with guns and are doing in the above instances the work for the unbalanced person. I do mind that people get arrested based on first accuser principle or predominant on a gender preference. That the current law allows the first accuser to take possession of house and children and accessible money of the accused is a punishment before a guilt is even established and does not really speak to the so called nation of law and justice. I would call them quite unconstitutional and they are only on the books because law makers seem to have gotten too much money from the trial lawyers and not enough common sense. With these laws the first that are thrown under the bus or let's call them have been made victim of an incredible slow moving and expensive legal process are the children, the family and the wrongful accused person. No wonder dissatisfaction with the work of the lawmakers is at a historic high, when special interest has more input than common sense.
Oct 24th, 2016
Stephen M. from Indianapolis, IN writes:
When either party in a divorce proceeding, the husband or the wife, falsely alleges crimes of domestic violence such that it amounts to perjury, there should be some type of punishment.
Oct 24th, 2016
Someone from Rochester, NY writes:
I recently had a situation where my girlfriend of 3 years got drunk and disorderly. I left her alone for two minutes and returned to find her claiming another man punched her in the arm. The man apologized and she went off on me because I would not do anything except to advise her to contact police. Needless to say she did bit out of spite contacted police on me. I was arrested falsely and I have no family. I was homeless living out of my truck for two weeks. I am an emotional wreck and have no legal recourse. What to do. I have been without my belongings for 2 months now. I think the courts should have more consideration as men are victims too.
Oct 24th, 2016
Someone from Rio Rico, AZ writes:
this is true! My x wife L.D.E accuse me. i was 1000 miles away from her,,i said things ,out of anger, after finding out things, get home 2 days later. 15 min. after getting home, was arrested. Did not know i had a restraining order, it was on r anerversary, 02/14/16 at noon in Rio Rico, Az. As soon as i got home, my 8yr. old duagter, hiding behind the dr to scare me ,like always, when i get in, My duagher said, "RAAWW!!" and hung on to my leg ...when i walked in..,that was the last hug i got from her. My 14yr. old daughter was sitting in the living rm, with her aunt MARIA QUINTERO BELTRAN, (x wifes cousin)lives in NOGALES SONORA,MX. shes a child sycologi. My 14yr.old duagther ,said "ola papi"got up ,gave me a hug and a kiss, Maria, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and a handshake. X, comes out the room, my 8 yr.old, still on my leg. X ,ask me "what am i doing here?"" i said " What?, will talk ,as soon as we get finish getting the things i brought u guys". My kids and her.. She said ,i aint talking to u, and called the police,. The Sheriffs, r the ones that handle RIO RICO AZ. were it took place. its a small community, so they got ther fast, My 14yr.old and her aunt Maria, wanted to go outside, i told them, dont, so u can c, im not hurting ur mom,. My 8yr. old,was ther the hole time with me.. As soon as LDE ,herd the sirenes, she ran outside and started crying histerically, My 8yr. old ask her "mami, xk lloras, k t pasa???".(why u crying mami,what happened???") When the cops got ther, first thing they said, step away from her, i was saying, mija ,y u cring? and repeated it to her. i steped away, like the officer said,! My 8yr. old. was still by my side, started crying, seeing her mom cry., so i picked her up, and she also put her arms around me, the officer said, let her down, step away from her!!! i said "what???" more officers got ther., i let my duagther down, ( i was away for a week) when i get home, my, 8yr.old. always wants to b with me, the SARGENT intervied everybody at home, i was outside by the patrol car, sargent came outside, putting his gloves on, asked me what happened??? i told him, i just got home,. He turned me around, slammend me against the car, and handcuffed me. He said he dosent like lieres,, "that my story didnt match thers".i said "ask my 8yr. daughter, she was, with me the hole time", the srgent said "he did". , but its not valid, cuz shes to YOUNG." i said " y did u interview her ,in the first place??? if u already know shes to young ???". The Sargent said "he dosent like my attitude," and had an officer take me to jail. My rights were never read. I ALSO HAVE AN 18 yr.old son, that was supppsed to be home. he recently left to BOOT CAMP, in August. to serve in r US MRINES. im very priud of him. He called me an hr. and half earlier, telling me he was about to board a buss,to visit his grandma , that lives in Mexico, and also bring his car, i gave him, for his birthday. that his mom(LDE) ,gave him permission to bring it, on that day, "SUNDAY," when she new i was getting home. . Me and my x, agreed, we were going to surprsise him, a day before his graduation. LDE knew ,if my son was ther, i would have never been arrested. I was detained for 3days, my kids also have a restraining order on me,. i never had priors of domistic violence, on her or my kids, my kids schools know me. We heen marrierd since Feb of 97. LDE cleaned my personal bank accts.over 300k. LDE, OPENED ACCTS. FOR her "parents", and deposited my funds. i reported it, to the same dept. that arrested me, also showed them proff, 3rd, party apps from google, she's using, to get me violated and arrested. The Sherriff officer threaten me, he was going to arrest me ,for disordally conduct. " To man up ,my situation ,and take it." i havent been able to c or talk to my kids, since this incedent. i have court on the 3 of Nov. 2016. For supposaly, i been, harrasing "LDE" by calling her. , when i was detained and sent to jail, in court, 24 of Feb. for recieving a call,from my son, on 17 of Feb. MY son getting home fron school, also got in that same day from Mx. he called me, concernd. that he hasent seen me, since getting back. I told him what happened, My son did not believe me,.. he thiught i was joking. i told him," its real." My son started crying, that he didnt know anything. his mom never told him, he started apoligizing. He felt guilty,,, saying, if he wouldent have left, none of this would have happend,,, i started crying also,, telling him , its not his fualt, things will get better soon. .... But they havent. I as ther father, was ther when my kids were born, always on ther first day of school and last , ther birthdays, first cumunion,.,every holiday, and now, i missed my son's graduation from High School and his departung day to BOOT CAMP, to serve r NATION. Just cuz my x ,accuse me of "DOMISTIC VIOLENCE.". Its a living nightmere. Just cus SHE said.
Oct 22nd, 2016
Michael T. from Lyman, SC signed.
Oct 20th, 2016
Richard M. from Georgetown, MA writes:
Incarcerate every single one of them!!!
Oct 19th, 2016
randolph w. from Springfield Gardens, NY writes:
A false charge nearly ruined my life
Oct 18th, 2016
Someone from Westland, MI writes:
This is not only about the men. I am a woman who was falsely accused of domestic violence and a PPO to follow. A man that cried wolf & self inflicted himself with a scratch because I was divorcing him. Yes ive been there, The man has tried to do his best to mentally destroy my life & my life with my son. Keep your heads up falsely accused KARMA, it will get them.
Oct 17th, 2016
Someone from Marion, MT writes:
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/crime/gallatin-county-judge-rules-domestic-violence-law-discriminates-against-men/article_5961828c-01ca-5662-bff8-b4a6cd201011.html Gallatin County judge rules domestic violence law discriminates against men
Oct 17th, 2016
Christy T. from Greenfield, IN writes:
My husbands ex wife has made so many false reports of me. I have had so many witnesses to back me up but it's like that still doesn't even matter. This needs to stop!
Oct 17th, 2016
mark s. from Indianapolis, IN signed.
Oct 16th, 2016
Linda J. from Yreka, CA writes:
What do I do I falsely aquised my husband of abuse. Please help asap. He is an innocent man. And I have a documented mental disorder that caused me to do this Help!!! No one is listening!!
Oct 16th, 2016
Someone from Stuart, FL writes:
I was attacked by my girlfriend and her daughter, I called 911, yet I was arrested. The police took pictures that showed my face bloodied and pictures of the women with no injuries. Three neighbors gave statements that the women were faking their injuries. turns out that the daughters husband knew the arresting officer. He would not allow me to even make a statement on the arrest affidavit. While I was taken away to jail the officer allowed the women and the husband to loot my home of all my property. The only good thing in this case happened when the State Attorney dismissed the charges against me because of the evidence against the women. I am currently suing to recover my property.
Oct 16th, 2016
Falsely A. from Charleston, SC writes:
I too was falsely accused of domestic violence by my vindictive girlfriend who in turn physically hits me. She is the one who is guilty of the violent charges brought against me. I'm have been presumed guilty until proven innocent. She does not have a shred of evidence. I had a clean record and good reputation in my community yet received no benefit of doubt or presumption of innocence and now I'm not allowed to see my own children.
Oct 15th, 2016
KANONA M. from STATEN ISLAND, NY signed.
Oct 15th, 2016
KANONA M. from Staten Island, NY writes:
MY SONS BABY MOTHER LIED AND MADE A FALSE REPORT ABOUT MY SON--AND I TOLD THE POLICE SHE WAS LYING ABOUT THE FIGHT --SHE WAS CHEATING WITH HER OTHER CHILD FATHER AND ALSO BROUGHT THE GUY TO MY HOUSE TO PICK UP HER STUFF --AND POLICE SAID NOTHING --AND NOW FALSE ALLEGATIONS ARE BEING BROUGHT AGAINST MY SON--AND HE CANNOT SEE HIS DAUGHTER AND I CANNOT SEE MY GRANDDAUGHTER THRU LIES --THIS GIRL IS SOMEONE I HELPED MY SON WITH OFF THE STREETS WITH NO WHERE TO GO WITH HER 2 OTHER CHILDREN -IN A YEAR IN A HALF SHE TURN MY LIFE UPSIDE DOWN--AND MY SON HAS CHUMPED UP CHARGES --WHAT DO YOU DO ???
Oct 15th, 2016
Someone from Citrus Heights, CA writes:
I am going through this nightmare and will do everything within my power to help bring about change. Stop the injustice!!!
Oct 14th, 2016
Brian B. from Chicago, IL writes:
I went to the police because my girlfriend at the time who is an elected official was punching me in the car. I had a busted lip, a bite mark on my forearm, a torn shirt and scratches all over my chest. I WAS THE ONE ARRESTED. She didn't have a scratch on her. I have never been arrested, now I can't work because I'm a physical therapist with a doctorate, and you can't practice with a domestic.
Oct 13th, 2016
Karwan J. from Pittsburgh, PA signed.
Oct 13th, 2016
Someone from Rolesville, NC writes:
I have recently been falsely accused and ordered into a DVPO without the burden of proof in North Carolina. I will spend the rest of my life towards supporting and changing the laws that are grossly misused by women to vain control of personal property and custody by using a system that is flawed.
Oct 13th, 2016
Heather C. from Stephenville, TX signed.
Oct 11th, 2016
Matthew P. from Cranston, RI signed.
Oct 10th, 2016
Stephen B. from Louisville, KY signed.