Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Jan 24th, 2017
Sam C. from Lexington, MA writes:
I am now the victim of the falsely alleged domestic violence by my wife. Even my son is angry for what his mother done on me. The woman is no longer the weak population opposite to the man today. The law cross the fair boarder too far.
Jan 24th, 2017
Greg F. from Philadelphia, PA writes:
I'm appalled by what is allowed to be perpetrated against innocent men throughout this country. I'm not speaking of men who do indeed abuse there wives. The latter are scum. The same type of scum that makes up women who try to lie, manipulate, goad men who s biggest indiscretion is that they tried making an honest woman out of someone who was severely lacking in the honest department. Everyone falls for the poor damsel in distress routine , god forbid someone actually look at the integrity or character of the person making the accusations the claim . So frustrating...
Jan 24th, 2017
Christopher B. from Jacksonville, FL writes:
This exact thing happened to me. The day I broke up with my girlfriend, I went home and was almost immediately attacked. I didn't even fight back, I had a ripped shirt and bloody nose. She marked her own neck up. She then called the police and told them I attacked her, and with barely any questions they took me to jail, and allowed her to sleep in my bed in my home while I went to jail. This is a real thing, women do it all the time, please help.
Jan 23rd, 2017
Richard L. from Hampton, VA signed.
Jan 23rd, 2017
Someone from Portage, MI writes:
Things like and this is just one example (other are mentioned above and some not mentioned above) an accuser (man or women) who is a mentally disturbed individual (such as one suffering from a personality disorder esp. cluster a and b) using such laws to exact her (or his) revenge against a man (or woman) who simply does not want to be in a relationship with them anymore, did not do something they wanted them to do, would not support their alcohol or drug habit by giving the accuser money/alcohol/etc, would not agree on with the accuser about something trivial as what time to take out the trash or not show up to a dinner with the accuser cuz they are ill, etc. I am not saying that every person man or woman that accuses another man or woman (usually a spouse or bf or gf) of domestic violence/abuse is lying nor everyone who accuses has a mental illness etc. Most are not lying and are in fact telling the truth and are the real victims. The accused then do deserve to be charged etc. However the men and women who are innocent and the real victims should not be punished, files charged against, their lives ruined, etc cuz of someone pretending to be a victim and lies etc to cops, law, courts, judges etc to get the real victims/innocent ones put behind bars, forced to pay fines, stuff on record, etc. for whatever reason (revenge, etc). Perhaps those accusing ppl should have to go under an evaluation and lie detector test before any charges can be officially filed and lives ruined etc. and if found to be lying even when mentally not well (such as pd etc) then they will be the ones penalized put in jail forced to go to court and seek help for their issues etc. and all charges against the person they filled against will be dropped. Punish the real abusers/ppl committing domestic violence/abuse... not the innocent ppl the real victims for lack of better wording. Idk I guess what I am trying to say is something needs to be done something needs to change some ppl with and without power need to do whats right etc. Innocent ppl man and woman lives should not be ruined cuz of ppl falsely accusing them of things they did not do. Ppl should not be to have someone or them selves inflict harm onto themselves and say it was who they accused it was and the accused go to jail etc when they are innocent either. The right ppl need to have files charged against them, the right ppl need to go to jail and pay fines etc. Innocent ppl do not need to go to court need to go to jail etc.
Jan 23rd, 2017
Jorge C. from Apo, AE writes:
Mi nombre soy Jorge Cardona, civilian trabajando por el Gobierno de Estados Unidos, He sido falsamente cusado de abuser fisica y siologicamente a mi mujer, las acusaciones son falsas y pueden ser provadas, decia que la mantenia encerrada, pues ella entraba a la base military a clases de Ingles y Aleman, ademas iba a las tiendas; esto nunca lo miraron, ella tenia o tiene tarjeta de crdito/debito, tambien tiene identificacion como mi depende, esto sirve para mirar cuando ella entraba, en la base. Los cargos de abuso fisico, ella , me trato de atacar con un cuchillo, lo reporte a FAP representante y me dijo que ella no pdia hacer reporte porque aca en alemania, ellos solo ven casos de soldados, la representantede FAP llamo a la Policia Militar de Estados Unidos y acuerdo a ella dijo "ellos tampoco pueden recibir el reporte porque no soy military, ellos no tiene nada que ver con civiles". finalmente despues de 6 meses fui escuchado por la Policia Militar Americana de aca (Alemania) despues de que hice el reporte de abuso, fui acusado (sospechoso) de interferer con la justicia y proveer false declaraciones. Mi mujer durante su declaratoria dijo que yo era que le habia agredido fisicamente, y que las marcas y mordidas que ella me causo era por defenderse. yo estaba en peligro ella me amenazaba que si me iba me acusaba a la policia, despues de lograr grabar algunos eventos en mi cellular, con el apoyo de companeos de trabajo sali de la casa, y todo ha sido una pesadilla.
Jan 22nd, 2017
Marylou W. from Gulfport, MS writes:
I am a domestic abuse survivor and work with victims of domestic abuse. Women/girls who falsely accuse because they want to get even, take the blame off themselves or get full custody need to be held accountable. Men's lives are ruined from false accusations! I have written books and articles about abuse and am in the process of writing about false accusations about domestic abuse. www.goodkarmayoga.simdif.com
Jan 21st, 2017
Someone from New York, NY writes:
Currently living this nightmare. Was charged with misdemeanor aggravated harassment for making threats to an ex. The charges are baseless. In fact, the reason she filed a complaint was because she found out i was getting ready to do so. However she got there first, so I am now assumed guilty by the judicial system. I have no criminal record and am a pacifist. Nevertheless, I was arrested even though there is ZERO evidence and my ex is currently trying to recant her allegation but the DA is insisting on moving forward. I spent 48 hours in the "Tombs" at Manhattan central booking. Most of that time was in a 6x6 cage covered in feces and urine. No food, no water, nowhere to go to the bathroom. Was even kept for close to 24 hours after my bail was posted because my paperwork was "misplaced" I have been humiliated and have already spent over $10,000 in legal fees and associated costs all for simply having the misfortune of dating a malignant narcissist. When my case is resolved I will be pressing my own charges against her as well as a civil suit agains her, the NYC DOC, and the Manhattan DA's office. I am the victim here! Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Is this really a smart way to be using taxpayer money?
Jan 20th, 2017
Brian and Tanisha M. from Havana, FL signed.
Jan 20th, 2017
Buffy B. from Dunedin, FL signed.
Jan 19th, 2017
Someone from Wellesley, MA writes:
My son is currently incarcerated because of false allegations and he has been there since before Christmas and he will not be released until sometime in April. he caught his wife cheating on him with her ex, and he left the house. she begged him to come home when he said "no, I'm filing for a divorce, and I'll get everything and you will get nothing because I have proof of you cheating on me." she went to the local police station and said my husband attempted to kill me and she knew the proper wording to use "strangulation" so now my son is facing 5 years in jail. They own two homes, and he has a great profession! He has two amazing kids by another woman that he was very involved with and they miss him terribly!! :( they cry for him all the time he can call them, however they say" Daddy come pick me up right now " its heartbreaking for our whole family. He is the most amazing son a mom could ever want. He has lost his job, and meanwhile she's sleeping with her ex-boyfriend in the house that my son bought and remodeled!!
Jan 19th, 2017
Julianna R. from Reston, VA writes:
I personally am a victim of REAL Domestic Violence - However - I am more importantly a survivor of Domestic Violence. I have recently married a man that has been abused himself, accused falsely by his x-wife and son's mother who collude together. But because he is black, over 6'foot and 280lbs the courts allow all of the allegations be drug in to court at the expense of attorney fees, money that could have gone to his children, and have every false allegation thrown out. We got married and now they have filed reports against me! which at the expense of hiring an attorney was money that would have been spent on his children. These orders (yes, they filed one against him also) where filed to prevent him from spending his court order Christmas visitation 2016 with his children and new wife. He has not seen his children for 45 days. one child is a 13 yrs. old boy and the other is his 8 year old daughter, both testified in court on my PO hearing and were cross examined by his ex-wife and lied. The wife represented herself, the judge called out the both of the mothers - This needs to stop! Because as a survivor I could not get one person/agency/department NO-One to help - Have Pictures names all documentation - would be happy to share it - This is taking away from the PEOPLE who really need the recourses and giving it to malicious vengeful, usually women, who are lying for there own benefit.
Jan 19th, 2017
dustin s. from Canton, NC signed.
Jan 19th, 2017
Carol M. from BOYNTON BEACH, FL writes:
This has happened to me and it continues to ruin my life. The act of false allegations and the corrupt police who arrest innocent people is a crime within itself and should be dealt with as so.
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Bronx, NY writes:
I will sign the petition
Jan 18th, 2017
Sandi D. from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
I accused my husband of DV when it wasn't true because of his past there,sticking it to him hard I wanna tell the truth but don't know we're to start help
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Saint Louis, MO writes:
Sad that no one seems to recognize what's going on. Punishment is well called for. Male or female, lie to the law, go to jail. As fair as can fair can get.
Jan 17th, 2017
Clint E. from Hays, KS signed.
Jan 17th, 2017
Someone from Sparks, NV writes:
I am a victim of being falsely accused of domestic violence law. Men are being punished so law enforcement can justify their jobs. I will sign this petition.
Jan 17th, 2017
Someone from Richmond, VA writes:
i fell victim to this and abuse of power as my fianc├ęs mom is a ex cop. she messaged the d.a. and forced her way and my alleged victim who said it was all b.s. couldn't do anything while her mom used her power and personal vendetta to keep her daughter and i from moving away. I was going to be a marine and now i cant as i have a domestic felony.. odd we are together and have no problems and have still managed to move away. did that make my prison term right?!
Jan 15th, 2017
Someone from Roanoke, VA writes:
Its against the law in EVERY state to lie under oath, but these false accusers are given a pass. In my state (Virginia), its Felony perjury, but NEVER prosecuted!! The Commonwealth Attorney told me, (after my ex-wife admitted to the Judge that she had lied under oath, thereby committing felony perjury), "we will never prosecute someone for lying to get a protective order"... Those were the Commonwealth Attorney's exact words, and THAT is exactly why they keep doing it. PROSECUTE these false accusers.
Jan 15th, 2017
Edward R. from Roanoke, VA signed.
Jan 15th, 2017
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
These laws are blatantly misused to file false allegations. Police and Prosecutors take no action against the accuser when the lies come out. The system needs more checks and balances to prevent misuse of these laws. Our society is over criminalized and people's lives are being destroyed by such biased laws.
Jan 15th, 2017
Someone from Columbus, OH writes:
The system should handle DV like any other case. The petitioner has special protections that are only for DV cases. Like the petitioner is protected from being charged for making multiple fulse police reports. Its crazy
Jan 13th, 2017
Bobby P. from Maysville, NC signed.
Jan 13th, 2017
Someone from State College, PA writes:
A restraining order was used to kick me out of my home and take away my access to my children.She made sure I was served in front of my kids just after I came home from work. My wife also put me in the demeaning position of only allowing visits through my 70 year old mother who lives 5 hours away. She is now trying to fight my custody case (I'm only asking for every other weekend) by claiming concerns about my mental health. All I've done is yell in the house as a response to severe provocations by her, as well as instances of direct physical abuse by my children toward me. I am distressed that anyone could be full of so much bitterness and anger and do this. This is a system whereby someone can psychologically abuse you, and then point toward your difficulty coping with it to further take away your property and rights and worse of all harm your children severely.
Jan 12th, 2017
Eduardo S. from Germantown, MD signed.
Jan 11th, 2017
Falsely A. from Roanoke, VA writes:
If you CURRENTLY have a Protective Order issued against you.... CHALLENGE the Constitutionality of YOUR order in Court, and take it ALL the way to the Supreme Court! You will need a good lawyer, who believes in the Constitution of the United States. Not all lawyers will be willing to do this. FIND ONE! Find a GOOD lawyer, and tell them to use "Crespo vs Crespo" in New Jersey as a reference. Crespo WON!, but it was later overturned on appeal. A Judge in New Jersey ruled that these Protective Orders and Restraining Orders are, in fact, un-constitutional (duh)... but, another Judge overturned the decision on appeal, to keep with the status-quo. These orders WILL be ruled un-constitutional. We need several people, in their own respective states, to challenge their OWN orders, because it violates their constitutional right to due process, among many other civil rights abuses. These orders, and the false accusations that go with them, will STOP. Its only a matter of time. The ACLU may be able to help or at least refer a lawyer. Find a GOOD lawyer, who believes in the Constitution, and challenge YOUR Protective / Restraining Order in court, on the grounds that it violates your constitutional right to due process. Tell your lawyer to reference "Crespo vs Crespo" in New Jersey (google it). These orders and false accusations will stop, we just need more people challenging them IN COURT... this is rarely done, on a constitutional basis. Take it all the way to the Supreme Court. It won't be easy, but it WILL eventually happen. Your Protective Order / Restraining Order MUST be CURRENT. These orders are nothing more than tools for manipulation, and they are CLEARLY a VIOLATION of EVERY American's most BASIC Civil Rights. END THEM!
Jan 11th, 2017
Someone from Solon, OH writes:
I have been accused of D.V. Was arrested, my bond was set at 150,000! Absolutely absurd. Actually I was at Verizon wireless buying a phone on camera in their lobby during the alleged attack or beating so she claimed. She also claimed pregnant so which made it a felony so it was bound over to the Cuyahoga County grand jury an set for an indictment to be handed down. I posted my bond and I went downtown a week later to the hearing pled not guilty he and was thrown in jail and arrested immediately on the spot for reasons that she claimed I was contacting her and she was scared which was ridiculous as well because no such thing happened. I was put in the county jail for 10 hours and they opened the door twice to say anything to any of us prisoners. They wanted me on there to wait for probation to put a ankle monitor on me the set a safe zone for her and keep me off my street where my house was. Meanwhile she changed the locks on my house that she lived in for only three months. I had been there 5 years. With the help of my ex. Her and I recorded her multiple times making a plan to work with ex to help her get custody back of our daughter who is 3. I recorded her making a plan to recant her statement, not be available for questioning by disappearing and not being available for the subpoena from the state to testify against me. Therefore, a reduced charge, or some sort of deal because there was no secondary witness. Then I recorded the lawyer telling me the plan as well and "it was gonna cost me" I turned this over to my lawyer and immediately started working with law enforcement. Within 3 days several arrests were made and the prosecuted himself called the alleged victim to "behave herself""her D.V. Case was shot and to move out of my house. It took prosecutors 2 weeks plus to get the monitor off my ankle. The detective I worked with locally told his other officers that it was a B.S. Arrest and she was a liar. He monitored my house from 4 houses down for a week of it and observed her and 3 accomplices 3 truckloads and a uhaul steal my entire house. Still have no access to my house, the neighbor calls my mother and tells her that the air conditioner is running and it's making a loud noise. It 40 degrees outside. Police arrive, none is home locks are changed so they pulled the breaker for the air conditioner to shut it down. 8 days later we were able to hire a locksmith get into the house change all the locks again and walked into a disaster. The basement was floded, and over 25,000 dollars worth of my belongings were gone. Within the week she was picked up for 2 felony charges due to her involvement in this crime. Then she filed one of those expartake protection orders in a neighboring county. As well children services was called on me for neglect in a third county. Absolute waste of 4 different public services time and money with no punishment for her falsification of these crimes she alleges. The police and the courts were her muscle to cost me over 50,000 dollars in defense.
Jan 11th, 2017
Someone from Lake Mary, FL writes:
My former spouse filed 3 bogus injunctions against me before our divorce making all kinds of outrageous claims of my domestic violence against her and our kids. They were all dismissed by court after thousands of dollars spent on lawyers from both sides. I thought that the show was over. We divorced and got 50/50% custody. Almost a year later, out of the blue, she filed one again, claiming I physically and sexually abuse my kids (while living with my new GF?) asking for 100% custody and large monthly child support. This is a terrible feeling and experience to deal with. This outrageous legal loophole has to stop!!!
Jan 11th, 2017
Jason M. from Valley Springs, CA writes:
In Dec of 2015 my "ex" pulled the lever. She kicked me out after 5+yrs together. She kept my money, my belongings, 3 weeks prior got me fired from my job with the help of a co-worker who she had been cheating on me with, dumped my cats (that she named after her dead mom) and wouldn't tell me where they were and worst of all didn't let me say goodbye to a boy I loved like a son and raised for 5 out of his 6 years. She withheld and tore me away from everything I loved in the blink of an eye. A month later after countless mind games and torment came to my new residence to supposedly bring me my stuff but decided starting a physical altercation instead was a better idea. After almost hitting me with her car she began to hit me with her fists, something she had a history of doing while we were together and bit my arm (which is a FELONY) and proceeded to call the cops saying I was the agressor. This led to me getting arrested, as well as her, and charges being filed against me. Despite the arresting officer BOTH telling me she had no visible marks, even the intake deputy who looked her over upon getting to jail not finding any marks on her, was able to file a "supplemental report". This report was made after getting released with the help OF HER FEMALE SHERIFF DEPUTY FRIEND and now somehow erased or shielded any report stating she didn't have visible marks. I was never allowed a copy of anything, made 3 seperate reports against her myself, but yet nothing was done. She went ahead and filed a restraining order against me, mind you a month after the altercation. She ended up winning a 5 yr order against me based on lies mainly due to her sheriff friend. The Dept. in my county did nothing to help me, nothing to assist me, nothing but cover up their shady coworker. I now live in a tent with my puppy. I have no job, no money, no vehicle and no home and no justice at all. This false report weighed heavily in court and no disciplinary action was taken at all when I attempted to file my complaint. Of all the things she knew about me from the beginning of our relationship it was the fact I despise men who abuse women...
Jan 10th, 2017
Someone from Redmond, OR writes:
The night of Oct 15th 2016 The WIFE (female) of my friend (male) became aware he had finally reached out for help, speaking to me and a few of his long time friends several times to this night. On this night - Oct 15th 2016 I wintmessed her abuse to both he and his minor son. I had called 911 (non emergency) prior to the night of Oct 15th 2016 in an attempt to receive some sort of assurance that my friend - a man, 6'1" weighing 200 Lbs - an abused man, who has been in panic and very fearful to call 911 OR to try to get help from authorities as he believes men are always arrested esp in the state of Wa. Fearing he would be arrested, because he is a man, his choice out of fear of her further retaliation- the 10 mos of abuse in ehich he shared his hellish life from which he and his minor son has been suffering for more than a year before he talked to me about it. Every day since Jan 2016 we talked on average 4 hours with my concern always for him to get help, call the authorities, etc. His fear caused him to just continue to "de escalate" the situation. On this night of October 15th 2017 Once again his life was in turmoil from her. After he chose to let me witness her abuse Via "face time, I pleaded with him to let me call 911 on his behalf. Once again asking me to let him try and de escalate the situation. Upon his wife hearing me say "i'm going to call 911" she became very irate, threatening me my life, she (his wife) called 911 before I could. I was still on "face time" with him witnessing both visually and audibly her talking with the police dispatch. Because of my previous call, my being out of their state of Wa, the police told her they would arrive to their home in 15 minutes. Her 911 call stated to dispatch "she was being emotionally abused". Rediculous and making a false report My friend (her husband) and 16 yr old son both suffering from her violent abuse at that point for over a year and a half. Because she knew I had witnessed her abuse on "face time" this very night (along with my seeing videos and hearing her rages from our phone conversations knew she had to lie to protect her "bad behavior" knowing she would be arrested. Rather than try to "work" through their problems, chose to go to the police department the very next day and file a abuse report against my friend stating she was the victim- not him. Her 911 call did indeed have officers show up to which both officers agreed my friend was correct in continuing to keep aaay from each other. Instructing HER to leave my friend and their minor son alone. Impressing upon her for the most part, if they were called back "someone would be arrested. Still on the phone with my friend Within 2 minutes after the officers left she began harassing and "menacing" him. Taunting, pushing, kicking and following him inside and outside the house. She was laughing as I listened to her state out loud how she would make sure they believed her NOT him. The wicked laughter along with saying "go ahead call 911 you can't prove anything. I'll make sure you are arrested along with your friend on the phone. "I'll see you both in jail". If you call 911 back they won't believe you - ha ha ha". I pleaded with my friend to call 911 immediantky. His fear of her evil manipulation was and IS a fact. Because of his "abuse syndrome", her being the "abusor" and quite certain she could control him has led to what has been the "worst hellish time of his entire life". Her report provided zero proof of her allegations was file on Oct 19th 2016. It's important to know from that noghtbof Oct 15th 2016 to Oct 1, 2016 she left the residence with the only working vehicle. Leaving him with their 2 children - one being a minor without means and any transportation. Vital point here is minor son was without his dr's prescribed medication in need of and she refused to pick it up as she was celebrating her birthday. She did not return to the home-- staying away saying she was infear. On October 19th 2016 she filed her report with the police dept. A protective order which followed just a few hours later with the police physically removing my friend from the home. Since that ddate with only the clothes on his back, 1 extra pair of pants and a light weigh jacket was ordered he could not be within 500 ft of her, the home or the children. She had taken away everything from him including his ID. My friend has since then been homeless, without contact with his minor son whom he had been taking care of as she was not. Today being Jan 9,2017 the enormous amount of personal loss is tremendous and extremely unjust as she was and us continuing to perjure herself with false accusations. He has pictures of her bloodied attacks to him, videos made of her attacking both he and his minor son. All the evidence proves she has been and continues to abuse them. Their minor son is with hsuffering from her abuse. Her actions since continue to prove her abuse to my friend. Continual perjury, filing false statements to her Attny, forgery along with causing financial devastation, character assasination, much more, and preying upon his mentally challenged mother for own further financial gain. These facts along with the insurmountable health factors my friend is going through brings me to utter disgust that "anyone" can file through our legal system false abuse reports. He is battling everyday to navigate the "road blocks" her Attny continues in building from the daily false accusations of manipulating affidavits. I am exhausted helping him through this nightmare. My priority is to sign your petition for this injustice absolutely needs to stop. The accusations are completely false. Along with being judged gulikty prior to having amy control except hiring legal representation - she continues to lie without stopping. She has to be made accountable for perjury. Causing such horrific damage to him without proving her alligations gives her "the abisor" power and. Ontario whic "abusor's thrive on.
Jan 10th, 2017
Chad W. from Wichita, KS signed.
Jan 9th, 2017
Tari M. from Long Beach, CA writes:
I am in California and my husband moved out and then came over one night and called the police and said I abused him, the police beat me up in my own home as my husband of 24 years sat and watched them beat me up. I was then arrested for 51/50 and taken to a psyco hospital for 3 days. While i was gone my husband was busy getting a restraining order to have me thrown out of my home so he could move back in. He also filed for divorce during this 3 day period. Well I was not allowed to go to my home and I had nowhere to live, he took every penny we had in our accounts and I had not a dime to my name. he somehow managed to get the restraining order good for 1 year and I was not allowed to go to my home, speak to him, email him. The only time i seen him was in court. This is so wrong especially since he moved out and told me I could stay in the house then he files a false restraining order and throws me out in the street with no money after 24 years of marriage. My life has been completely destroyed and it is wrong he should be charged with filing false domestic abuse charges and he should have to suffer for his lies.
Jan 9th, 2017
cindi k. from Antelope, CA writes:
I was beaten , drug by my hair across rocks , punched ex broke his hand on my face, an punched an ex got R.O. on me police tell you makes it worse to press charges so now ex setting me up to put me in jail is what 2 of his friends told me. So now i have 3 false orders on me 7 warrants an all lies. 7 witnesses an tons of proof but no way to pay to defend my self. 5 false police reports an witnesses to prove it. How much worse can this be ex was training for UFC fighting. I have survived an he still control's my life your on yur own no help no one listens. Abused an more abuse courts an laws help abusers control the abused even more no one helps they look the other way. lost my home everything. i had my son i had to move him to his dads so he would be safe ex threatened to beat my son if he left a mess. help me i will be in jail or dead. police would not let me press charges. i isolated myself from everything ... i dont go out or date, no friends since 2011 he took my life trust no one. all so he could get a house use women and keep his aids a secret from his new one. He beat her to looking for a young chick to take care of him dying to many steroids. justice where is it ? he gets away with this ..... thank you so much...
Jan 8th, 2017
Someone from Elkview, WV writes:
I too was falsely accused of domestic violence and subsequently an order of mental hygiene was also filed. Within 10 days I was supposed to have a hearing but the magistrate was scheduled for holiday I was put on hold for 30 days. I do not drive so when 2 city police cars 2 county cars and a couple of suv trucks showed up to escort me from my home at 3:00 in the afternoon in front of God and all my neighbors most of whom I've known nearly 20 years, I could have been knocked over with a feather. I have been a stay at home mom, yes I am a women, all 95lbs of me and my husband was 195 lbs career military man who had left me as I recover from cancer treatment. Of course that is not how his petition read. The only true provided information he gave was his name B/D license and social. No questions asked I don't think it was even read. I believe if the signing magistrate had asked him if he was aware of penalties of perjury and the serious nature of the allegation, espeacialy if the are false, he may have given pause, but it was easy to banish me from my home and hopefully lock me up in a facility for God knows how long but the 30 days preventing me from seeing or speaking to my 15 yr old son, or returning to my home was cruel and Inhumane as I have been isolated from family and friends mostly because of my husband and truly had no where to turn in any comfortable sense. He filed twice more and he was not only believed over my word but arrest warrants were published in my name leaving me feeling followed even now. He slandered me to my neighbors at the local grocery and our bank, I had no idea because i had become much like a hermit I was ashamed of our problems not wanting to offer explanation. He then closed aal accounts and opened new ones in only his and his mothers name. Ithe hearings to follow at least found that I was sane and I was no danger but also said that my husband also was no danger to me! After the 6 months of torturous homeless and often hungry with no where to live in a stable manner no stable income I am home again sleeping in the floor with advances made by him frequently. I am judged for returning but I think I would be judged poorly no matter what I do because the petitioner in my case is adamant that he Owns the house and won't pay child support or share one penny with me, which was the whole motivation for all the lies he has told. He has admitted to me he lied on the court record with his smug defiant face and I must cower because I am tired and I want to be with my son. Still I have no idea where to turn for help. So please be aware that there are abusers out there that are the wolf in sheeps clothing and the may present themselves very well mine did and does. The laws MUST CHANGE for every husband AND wife that is the true victim.
Jan 8th, 2017
Manette C. from Lancaster, OH writes:
My 28 yr old son is going thru battle of false accusations by the woman he has been with for 10 years. She is a habitual cheater and drug user. Childrens Services gives her a heads up for drug tests so she can get stuff to test clean. We have the phone of my sons, that she had turned on in her name, showing drug deals to her drug addicted mother and others, text to her newest boyfriend (she had move in my sons house after she had him falsely arrested) where they're plotting in instigate him. They want to live in his house together. It's been a month. My son is still paying all house payments and bills, buying groceries for his 3 daughters, along with diapers and other necessities. He only makes $14/hr and is told by the courts " he makes too much money for a public defender ". Legal Aide won't help on criminal charges. He has no extra money from supporting his home, while driving to my city to sleep and shower. Sometimes he sleeps in his car at work to save gas. He barely eats. He's about to plead no contest to get it over with, even tho he's innocent. He has cerebral palsy. He needs help and every lawyer wants atleast $750 down. Innocent men are paying. She's the physical and mental abuser to him and my granddaughters.
Jan 7th, 2017
Someone from Elmer City, WA writes:
my ex daughter in law is trying to get my son vilated on his parole by calling his po 5 days in a row and claiming he is traveling to washington from idaho with a travel permit trying to see her their children. this is a lie he has not tried once to see kids and no one has seen the kids since she trew a fit and kept them away from everyone since december 13 th 2016. he does have visitation on record, but he has not sought them out. she is just trying to get him jailed again. i live right up the road and am sick. my son has come to see me with his parole officers permission, but he has not tried to see his kids at all. what can we do? she is being mean and vindicitive. her sister has alot of money and has it out for my son to. please help us.