Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Sep 16th, 2017
Jeter A. from Fort Worth, TX writes:
My husband is going through the same thing. He is doing everything by the book. However she paints him out to be a monster. She changes the rules as she goes, she does not follow court orders. We have been forced by her attorney to make a down payment on her a new car, pay her cell phone and storage for her things, child support through attorney general, then again through the attorney (double dipping on C.S.), and pay her attorney fees or he has been threatened they will send him to jail for 6 months. We have been doing this for 5 years now. We cant even afford an attorney of our own because of this. She has held the kid for 6+ months, won't answer the phone. The ex wife will not let the little girl see My husband's parents, or be around me because she says we are trash and she is better than us. I am a nurse who is currently working on getting My nurse practitioner and My husband is a millwright with the union, also my husband is a combat veteran , so it's not like we are deadbeats or trash My husband just wants to see his kid. We talked to one attorney she sucked up 3000 in phone calls, we never stepped foot into the court room. We tried talking to a another attorney and he said basically mothers have all the right regardless if she lies and manipulates the situation. Can someone please help guide us, losing hope in Texas.
Sep 15th, 2017
Heather v. from Days Creek, OR writes:
It has to stop!!!!!!
Sep 14th, 2017
Janice H. from Logansport, LA signed.
Sep 14th, 2017
Jason G. from Des Moines, IA signed.
Sep 13th, 2017
Corey K. from Manchester, TN signed.
Sep 12th, 2017
Mike S. from Rochester, MN writes:
I am currently fighting against false testimony my wife gave to authorities. It is a living night mare I know she has a mental disorder (borderline Personality disorder) my opinion. She does meet most of the criteria. Unfortunately you can not use that as a defense. It has been 18 months I am going to trial next month. This will have cost me over $30k. She exploited 100's of thousands of dollars from me in the 12 years we where together. It is almost impossible to have a great divorce attorney and fight criminal charges at the same time. The prosecutor is young and has women that wants me to burn. Another personality trait of disorder. I never cheated on her and I paid for the majority of the house expenses and help her kids through college because there Father lost all there money month before starting college. Changes have to made women need to be held accountable for what they say and do.
Sep 11th, 2017
Someone from Seal Beach, CA signed.
Sep 11th, 2017
Someone from Washington, DC signed.
Sep 11th, 2017
Someone from Omaha, NE signed.
Sep 11th, 2017
Jacob C. from Avondale, AZ signed.
Sep 10th, 2017
Someone from Mount Pleasant, MI signed.
Sep 10th, 2017
Someone from Mount Pleasant, MI signed.
Sep 10th, 2017
Someone from Mount Pleasant, MI signed.
Sep 9th, 2017
Someone from New Orleans, LA signed.
Sep 9th, 2017
Someone from Fremont, CA writes:
Ex claimed i "assaulted" her in the horse shoe parking lot of a elementary school while kids are being dropped off for school. Out of the 100 or so moms/dads that witnessed the incident not one came forward. So officer doesn't arrest me, but my ex requests that the officer file a report. After officer does that the D.A. gets the report and decides not to charge me. Then we go to court and judge finds by a " preponderance of the evidence" to give her a DV restraining order against me. Which now means, if i want joint legal and joint physical custody of my son, i would need to take 52 weeks of domestic violence classes. She used the key words "in fear of my life" which is such a joke.
Sep 8th, 2017
Someone from Cecil, AL writes:
My nephew is going to have to stand trial for domestic violence because a woman he hardly knew (and who he foolishly let stay at his house because she was going thru a divorce and said she had no where to go) wrecked his house and stole his phone so that he could not call police. He attempted to restrain her by grabbing her shoulders to keep her from doing more damage but someone called police and now he's accused of a felony strangulation. He has never hit anyone in his life. He never hurt her. But no one even bothered to ask him his side of the story. She has brain damage from an athletic injury and is on drugs and alcohol and has had numerous arrests. He has never been in trouble. They only believe her. Please pray for him. This is in Texas.
Sep 8th, 2017
Someone from Savage, MN writes:
I have been divorced from my first wife for over 20 years. She is making up stories now about us moving to Wisconsin to start over from abuse....but it really was about moving away because she had a child by a different man. Yesterday, she wrote on facebook about a friend would always come over on Saturday morning to check for bruises and protect her.....actually that friendship ended when that friend's family member caught the two of them playing footsie with the other in the presence of both of us spouses. I think that friend came over to see my ex. early in the morning to see her braless. At first, I thought it was about a bad brain injury she had gotten.....but now I think she is using these made up stories because I don't have anything to do with her and I have been remarried for almost 17 years. She just turned 63 and is becoming bitter because she doesn't have a serious relationship. Something should be done to be able to stop these stories on social media.
Sep 8th, 2017
Someone from Savage, MN writes:
Sep 8th, 2017
Someone from Seattle, WA writes:
I am going through this right now. I asked my wife for a divorce and she falsely alleged domestic violence. She then went as far as to call the police at my place of work for violating a no contact order (though I was not charged since that was also a false allegation). I was arrested twice due to mandatory arrest laws. This is ruining my life and career and she faces zero consequences for her harassment. Something needs to change.
Sep 7th, 2017
Someone from Saranac Lake, NY writes:
The fact is believe the victim at all costs, combined with the inflated definitions of the words "rape" and "sexual assault", throw in affirmative consent and preponderance of evidence standard without providing all due process rights and yes we have a kangaroo court. Title IX should not be in the business of deciding a young mans future. We need to return these investigations to trained professionals in the criminal justice system! Rape or Sexual assault is a serious crime! Why are we letting college professors/administrators or students determine these outcomes? I ask where is the common sense in this? The current system is not fair to the victims or to the accused. Please help us create a system that is equal and fair for all identified victims and well as the accused!
Sep 7th, 2017
Someone from Saranac Lake, NY writes:
Sep 7th, 2017
Melissa M. from Charleston, WV writes:
So many men suffer because of false charges.. for many different reasons.. And these charges are not even investigated.. Why?? Men lose their jobs..homes...respect and so much more. Time to hold women accountable not only with perjury..but also financially..
Sep 7th, 2017
K M. from Evanston, IL writes:
The abuser uses this technique to further abuse the victim and to create a false persona in which to continue their abuse - with support. Don't be silent. They count on your fear and silence. Speak out.
Sep 7th, 2017
Someone from Gaithersburg, MD signed.
Sep 6th, 2017
Brian C. from Vancouver, WA signed.
Sep 5th, 2017
Joseph B. from Yadkinville, NC signed.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from High Point, NC writes:
It's time to hold women responsible for making false allegations.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from High Point, NC writes:
It's time to hold women responsible for making false allegations.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from Evanston, IL writes:
Being falsely accused doesn't end with proving your innocence. You then have the arrest being in the public record and published on the internet. This further victimizes you and is a constant threat to destroy your employment, housing, and social circles. If the laws require false accusations to be prosecuted, they might be less likely to take the risk in making a false claim. This needs to stop.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from League City, TX signed.
Sep 4th, 2017
Colleen B. from Richmond, TX writes:
Being a true victim of physical and mental abuse and understanding how emotionally difficult it is to build a case and then have the courage to exploit your pain publicly, I find falsely accusing a good man of abuse a very sad and cruel attempt to spread your misery.
Sep 4th, 2017
Wade B. from Des Moines, IA writes:
It is unconstitutional to deny trial and not meet burden of proof bit our court systems not only enable but are accessory to parental kidnapping revolving around this matter. States procedural rules are derogatory towards fathers and courts are using unconstitutional proceedings through family court while mothers are TAUGHT that the courts will simply take their word without proof or even a police report some even 6 months later than the allegations and using protective orders gained under false pretense to keep children from their fathers.
Sep 3rd, 2017
Someone from Nacogdoches, TX signed.
Sep 2nd, 2017
Someone from La Puente, CA signed.
Sep 1st, 2017
Someone from Aurora, CO writes:
I was falsely accused of domestic violence was denied a fair trial and now have lost everything. I now suffer from PTSD and panic attacks along with depression. Lost my job and all belonging i owed. Now since i can't do my classes do to my health i am facing 1 year in jail in my hearing next week.
Sep 1st, 2017
Someone from Aurora, CO writes:
Aug 31st, 2017
Diane M. from Montgomery, LA writes:
I am a mother of a good man being wrongfully accused & arrested time & time again by his once loving wife turned meth user & evil *****.... So evil, even has battery charges from her own/only daughter & neighbor ( helped her daughter)... The right of women or anyone for that matter to obtain a restraining order by hearsay & abuses the law to amuse her is truly out of control nowadays... Rules & laws need to change..! What happened to investigating before an arrest....??? This is/was a man who loved his family, worked hard to give them all they need, but was thrown out to a pack of wolves til he had nothing left ...., Thank god my grand daughter is with her dad...she says...'she wants a stable environment & loves her dad', 'cause mom is sick'
Aug 31st, 2017
Brianne G. from Wichita, KS writes:
Domestic violence is a serious matter and shouldn't be taken lightly but if person is lying about the Domestic violence then that person needs to be held accountable for their actions.
Aug 29th, 2017
Someone from Danville, AL signed.
Aug 26th, 2017
Someone from Wellington, FL writes:
This happened to me by immigrant wife. She was committing immigration fraud. Its a he said / she said. Police show up at 12:30 AM no notification; wake you up and throw you out of your house for no reason with a fake affadavit that she was raped. no evidence at all; totaly un-American; totally unconstitutional; totally unchristian; totally evil