Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Dec 15th, 2016
Someone from Grass Lake, MI signed.
Dec 14th, 2016
Laura V. from Montebello, CA writes:
My son x is a undocumented 17 year old that when she don't get her way with my son she is all against him..She ran away from her house ended up at my house cause she said she was being abused. Now she went to make a report saying my son hit her and that he yells at their baby...I also over heard her mom say now you can get papers.
Dec 14th, 2016
Laura V. from Montebello, CA writes:
Dec 13th, 2016
Someone from Covington, KY writes:
77 year old woman has done this twice. Once to a stage 4 cancer patient. The second time to an end life congestive heart failure patient. Both times she filed for divorce when both of these husbands were dying. Assainating their character CLAIMING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE while filing for divorce during the end stage of life of both of these men. Both times no evidence of domestic violence. No police reports, witnesses, hospital reports, doctors reports, no neighbor complaints, never a broken bone, chipped tooth absolutely no medical evidence to support these grotesque allegations. She did it because the laws allow for it. Why is this not pre-meditated murder? Character assaination while her husbands are dying was not enough. She had to expedite the deaths by filing for divorce while her husbands were dying. ( THEY JUST WOULD NOT DIE FAST ENOUGH FOR HER). The law must be changed. It is a free stay out of jail card for the accusers as the law stands now. ACCUSERS MUST BE ABLE TO PROVE IT OR BE CHARGED AND SENTENCED WITH THE SAME PUNISHMENT THE FALSELY ACCUSED ENDURE. CHANGE THE LAWS NOW ON A FEDERAL LEVEL. THIS WOMAN WHO DID THIS IS MY MOTHER. BOTH MEN SHE DID IT TO WERE MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER AND STEP FATHER. I WAS WITNESS TO HER ABUSE TOWARD BOTH OF THEM, I KNOW I LIVED IT I grew up her victim. I have a hole in my skull where as a preteen she split my head open for not dusting the living room furniture to her liking. My biological Father did not report it or take me to the hospital because he was scared to death she would go to jail for it. Remember this is one of the men she accused of domestic violence and he was protecting her. He was protecting her because she always threatened to take full custody and he was too devoted as a Father to live without his children. The ones pointing the finger, do so because they can without any consequences. What I have learned in my unfortunate life being her daughter is, usually the one pointing the finger should be pointing their thumb. Also, mandatory psychological evaluations of the accusers should be required.
Dec 13th, 2016
Andrea A. from Modesto,, CA writes:
I was charged and convicted with 5 counts of d v. Was Put on probation for my husband's crime. I will win.
Dec 12th, 2016
Someone from Fort Collins, CO signed.
Dec 12th, 2016
Someone from Gilbert, SC writes:
people have the potential to misuse this law based on the fact that lack of physical evidence as not being relevant. Anyone seeking revenge on a partner for whatever twisted reasons can misuse this law without fear of repercussions. They , if found being guilty of false/frivolous reporting are guilty of perjury and must be prosecuted in order to stop unjust actions against innocent people.
Dec 11th, 2016
Michael S. from Orangevale, CA signed.
Dec 11th, 2016
Felton C. from Suffolk, VA signed.
Dec 10th, 2016
Donald C. from Blythe, CA writes:
In 2007 I was discharged from the Air Force Under Honorable Conditions (General) due to "misconduct": many issues with my now ex-wife, mostly false allegations of domestic violence. After my ex-wife, I got into another relationship with the SAME issues of false allegations of domestic violence (yes, I know...)... Aside from a drunk in public (paid fine and reduced to infraction) and three fix-it tickets, I have never been arrested, handcuffed, cited, or charged with anything else in my life. About a year ago I applied with CDCR: passed the written test, qualified for veterans preference, passed physical, passed a computer voice stress analysis, then failed the background investigation. Their reasoning was a "history of poor impulse control, lack of good judgment, risk taking behavior and misrepresenting yourself in police contact for domestic violence...".
Dec 9th, 2016
Someone from Loretto, MN writes:
We need to increase the penalties for false allegations and any other crimes that are out of hand! No one should be befitting from lying or false allegations or be told to do this by attorney's, send them to jail too for advising to use false allegations.
Dec 7th, 2016
Someone from Cerritos, CA signed.
Dec 7th, 2016
Shirley B. from Columbia, SC writes:
my son decided to ask for custody of his daughter by previous relationship and she accused him of shoving her in chest when exchanging their daughter,then 4 months later his own wife decided to use that same tactic to cause him to lose custody of his daughter by accusing him of hitting her when she actually fell while running during an argument...she recanted and admitted she had researched the law and knew she could do it because the ex did it..she is from a foreign country and did not realize that he would actually be arrested and everything turn upside down
Dec 6th, 2016
Someone from Knoxville, TN writes:
Men are just as guilty of making false allegations, especially those in law enforcement or other public figure. They know how to manipulate the justice system to there advantage while innocent females are trying to survive the damage caused out of malice.
Dec 6th, 2016
Ryan I. from Arvada, CO signed.
Dec 6th, 2016
David M. from Albuquerque, NM signed.
Dec 5th, 2016
Someone from Englewood, CO writes:
My son nips in Colorado and in a common law marriage. She used the domestic abuse laws as a weapon against him. To control him. She even baits him and taunts him with text messages from ghost telephone numbers. And, he is the one jailed. She is an untreated alcoholic and wants control. she should be jailed for all the lies and baiting she does. She even had his cell phone pinged.
Dec 4th, 2016
Joan E. from Aurora, IL writes:
My sister is a victim from a same sex partnership. No history ever of vuole
Dec 3rd, 2016
Matthew S. from Mckeesport, PA writes:
I pushed my girlfriend off me and she bumped her head and it her lip after she crushed me in the head with a teapot full of water because I yelled at her for dropping my baby down the stairs. Seems fair I'm looking at years in prison right.
Dec 3rd, 2016
Betty P. from Anderson, SC writes:
I totally agree. The accused does not even get the chance to rebut the charges placed against him. In fact his incompetent lawyer wouldn't even let him read the statement "she"had approved before sentencing phase. Also, these women's groups are putting a lots of pressure on these judges. Weather the facts are true or not! The lawyers don't care if he is sentenced to the max or not, they've got their money and assets from the deal.
Dec 1st, 2016
Someone from Pompano Beach, FL writes:
I am in a similar situation where I was falsely accused of domestic violence by my now ex-wife almost 11 years ago. At the time I placed myself in the wrong place with a person who had ulterior motives (immigration motives, as persons with green cards are given expedited US citizenship when they are "victims" of domestic violence). At the time I was advised by my attorney that under Florida Law it was a "he said/she said" case and that the best economic and criminal defense was to plead nolle contendre to what is in Florida a misdemeanor offense. Now almost 11 years have gone by and I have been happily re-married for 9 years and have a wonderful 8 year old son. However, that horrible miscarriage of justice has now come back to haunt me. I was on the Board of Directors of my son's school and decided to form and coach a school baseball and softball team. in the process of doing so I was required to fill out a form (in which I disclosed the arrest and outcome as well as circumstances) and be finger printed. Of course the finger prints brought up the old domestic violence false allegation. When my son's private school and governing body found out, I was told to resign from the board and have no contact with any children at the school despite my request to present evidence of the false allegations as well as testimony of my current wife and countless people who I have served in the community in the capacity as a Little League Baseball coach (with background check) that I have never had any violent tendencies. The governing body of the school had no regard for my due process rights despite their own guidelines that require them to consider all factors before denying a person the ability to work with children. So beware, these false claims can have a life long impact on you! Very sad!
Dec 1st, 2016
Rebecca J. from Sartell, MN signed.
Dec 1st, 2016
Someone from Albuquerque, NM writes:
My sons ex-girlfriend, who is an alcoholic, has been falsely accusing him of domestic violence for almost two years. As a result of that, he ended up in jail for almost 7 months altogether. My son is a recovering alcoholic and has quit drinking since he left this toxic relationship. Even nine months after his breakup with her-she came over drunk to my place antagonizing him and his current girlfriend and used a wooden rod to attack them. The judges do not listen to my sons side of the story, nor do the police. The police actually leave key witness's out of their reports. This lady is a big headache and knows how to waste public resources. I'm surprised the court's buy into her lies. As a family, it has taken a toll on us emotionally and financially. Having to start and stop jobs and school is ruined and delayed having a good job and school for my son. His EX is a sick person who does not know how to move on, She wants people to suffer. They need to make it a national law that both parties go to jail and get counseling in a domestic violence call, like they do in Washington State. The system in New Mexico brings out the psycho in women that are crazy.
Nov 30th, 2016
Taylor L. from Pasadena, TX writes:
I am a women who's boyfriend was falsely accused of hitting me by a neighbor. There were no marks on me and my story was the same through and though, as he TRULY did not hit me. We've been to court for almost a year now, paid 5,000, have been mistreated by law enforcement and by our own paid attorney. No one will listen to me- the alleged victim. It's as though I have no voice in this and I'm starting to grow livid.
Nov 29th, 2016
James S. from Poway, CA signed.
Nov 27th, 2016
Roman from Ford City, PA writes:
I will sign this because it is not equal justice and fair laws, if someone wishes to accuse another person of committing a sexual act against them, which causes serious consequences, this should not be allowed. I do not understand how any state can do this to others. it is bad enough defending yourself against any crime, a sexual crime leave much more attachments. if a so called victim can wait to scream rape without being held accountable if found to be untrue, there is something terribly wrong there. If anyone cries wolf and lies for whatever reason the then so called victim should have to face some kind of accountability! This should be the same for any crime being accused. This type of stuff happens too much leaving many men and women lives destroyed!
Nov 27th, 2016
Beth E. from Mount Vernon, WA writes:
I am a 5 ft 3 inch 120 lb woman falsely accused of assaulting a 6 ft 4 in 190 lb man who was a tenant/employee of mine in a "work exchange for rent" agreement. Your article assumes that men are the victims of false reporting but women are being accused more and more frequently now. This false allegation cost me my house and my ability to employ anyone. No consequences for the lying young man, but I spent 9 days in jail and lost literally thousands of dollars. What can be done to protect the civil rights of the falsely accused and falsely arrested??
Nov 27th, 2016
Someone from Tooele, UT writes:
Absolutely must be addressed these people should be in jail!
Nov 27th, 2016
Someone from Red Springs, NC writes:
My wife left the house on a monday she was cheating with my best friend and then on friday i got arrested becuase i was falsely accused that i beat her up all her body on tuesday they did no even give me a chance to explain and show the proof they took me and arrest me i have not seen my kids since one month and a halve and am scared for her to do me something they can do whatever they want and honest men have to suffer everything.
Nov 27th, 2016
Someone from Danville, CA signed.
Nov 26th, 2016
Angela C. from Dallas, TX writes:
The entire DV "industry" is fueled by dishonest partners, cops, prosecutors and judges. Although real DV cases must be taken seriously, most of them have been provoked by the aggressor, later be named "the victim". The police make up testimonies, everything to support the victims story and the courts are all to eager to dish out mandatory DV classes (in many states ONLY for men......women are not eligible for DV but get Anger Management instead). Many accused do not stand a chance and are advised to take a plea, without being thoroughly told what the consequences are. Prosecutors twist facts or even make things up. Often there are no facts except "hear-say". The current DV culture is a myth, harming real victims and many who got the bad side of the argument. Women should stand up for real victims, not the phony attention seekers who abuse the law and wreck peoples lives. At the end no one profits except the court system and law enforcement.
Nov 26th, 2016
Someone from Mountain Rest, SC writes:
"I Justed her to leave me alone" Our system is broken, even with evidence against my ex showing aggressive behavior, her flipping out, rage fits, and threatening to stop me from my daily work routine. Which she followed through with resulting in me getting arrested after trying to keep her off of me and us falling leaving a mark on her head. The courts only saw that she had a mark on her, nothing else. Now I am facing a felony, and struggling to make ends meet while paying my lawyer, due to a felony charge is double the cost! After two hearings the courts don't seem to interested in her aggressive, repetitive behavior, threatening messages, and her actions. I have never been in trouble nor do I have a record of any sorts, while she had a CDV a few years back. I am having a difficult time dealing with the stress of work, court, lawyer's fee's, and public scrutiny because I am considered a woman beater by the small town I live in. I lost 20lbs in a month, and it is hard for me to sleep. I never thought even with the proof I had I still would barely have have a 50/50 chance of not getting convicted. I just wanted her to leave me alone, and this is my punishment for breaking up with her. She had the upper hand and exploited it to it's full extent. I hope I can clear my name. This is going to a difficult time in my life and I am fearful of my future. All I wanted to do is be left alone by her. No one believed me when I said self defence, they looked at me like i was an idiot due to her size and she bashed me on social media looking for symphony and wanting more to bash me beat me up, hack accounts and more. I need prayers, I tear even thinking about getting convicted, because her and I know the truth, but my words have fallen of death ears. I have see women beat on men and turn around and say he hit me. I never thought I would in that situation, or arrested period. We need to address this crisis.
Nov 25th, 2016
Someone from Willoughby, OH signed.
Nov 25th, 2016
Kelley B. from Coloma, MI signed.
Nov 25th, 2016
Someone from Coloma, MI writes:
I am in the nightmare of being falsely accused of domestic violence. I'm 55 and have never acted in a violent way in all those years. The "victim" who has a history of emotional problems wants to tell the truth. The prosecutors office won't even listen to him. I have lost one job already ( I was just released from jail the day before yesterday) and can't fully work at my second job because of the curfew the judge imposed. I am like most Americans trying to survive in hard economic times. The job of local and federal prosecutors is to seek justice for the people who pay them to do so. Our current system does nothing of the sort when dealing with false allegations in domestic violence cases. I would have been better off being falsely accused of robbery. The system MUST change. This has been the most devastating experience of my life. I suffer from heart disease and I.know this is effecting my health and probably will cause serious health problems. The problem of false allegations is all too real and growing. We need to change the laws to protect everybody. I am, as a US citizen and my basic right of life, liberty, and the pressure of happiness have been stripped from me.
Nov 24th, 2016
Kelley D. from Dallas, GA writes:
I am a living, caring father who was falsely accused of domestic violence. It has, so far, cost me my home, my income, and most importantly, my children have been forced into a broken home without a choice, as well as a healthy relationship with their father. These allegations were not taken through the proper legal channels, thus, no due process of law was applied. Yet, i was treated like a criminal, not allowed to see my children without supervision, and ultimately I found that the entire process was voluntary, yet the local dfcs lied to me and told me I had no choice. These family services should be required to prove their case in a court, just like any other charges. This entity has the unfounded ability to force a parent from their home, in violation of their human rights, in an effort to assist a mother in a divorce case, with NO EVIDENCE of abuse whatsoever. This is a violation of fundamental parental rights, as well as the mandatory laws requiring a father to work and pay spousal suppory and child support. This is legal slavery. I am required to work. I am required to make a certain amount of money. If I do not perform labor required by the state, I am imprisoned. This is slavery. I have broken no laws. My parental rights have been infringed and the only difference is that I am not living with my child's mother. We need our nation's constitution to protect our rights as fathers who care about their children.
Nov 22nd, 2016
Someone from Sweet Grass, MT writes:
I am a victim of False Allegations of Domestic Abuse. I fought hard to sponsor my wife to come to Canada. After appealing and successful with her Permanent Resident and she arrived in Canada. Her fake love for me disappeared and her affairs back home was discovered and admitted by her. The next day she went to Immigration and told them I abuse her so they gave her shelter and accused me as the abusing husband. I then received threats from her and her family to stop the fraud investigation or else they will charge me for abuse.
Nov 21st, 2016
Someone from Auburn, WA writes:
men do this too, btw. my ex husband wanted custody of our son. he was the abuser during our marriage i never reported it just divorced him and he gave me custody of our children. After my ex retired from the army he decided toolie munipulate our son into co-battering me and ended up using his mental health against him, and me causing our son too be hospitalized then accused me of abuse. UNfounded abuse but still it took a year to prove my innocence and my son was brainwashed in my ex husbands tempoary care for a year! So yes it is way to easy in WA st to do this and im sure many other states. Escpecially when children are involved.
Nov 20th, 2016
Monica M. from Burton, MI signed.
Nov 20th, 2016
Dan P. from Louisville, KY signed.