Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Jan 30th, 2017
Someone from Dallas, TX writes:
I too have been a victim of unfairness by the Texas Family Courts System by Judges that are Pro-Mothers as it is in the state of TEXAS. This should not be the case any more where a Judges decision is always in favor of the mother getting custody. Judges should not be allowed to rule or decide who the child or children live with even in cases of Abuse and Neglect by Mother and her boyfriend. To often the CPS system has failed so many families, and children are returned to allow the abuse to occur. Our Family Courts System needs a Watch Dog Organization that is Not For Profit or create a Government Agency to make fair rulings and allow fathers to co-parent instead of incarceration for being behind on child support. I am a firm believer in joint parenting and all Fathers should be given the opportunity to prove themselves.
Jan 30th, 2017
Beatrice D. from Dallas, TX signed.
Jan 30th, 2017
Someone from Deming, NM writes:
signed
Jan 30th, 2017
Robert W. from Austin, TX writes:
Get the hell away from these people. Why would you go through life expecting anything better from a female? Start looking into MGTOW. Seriously. It's becoming a huge movement. Take your power back men. Wtf!
Jan 30th, 2017
J M. from Roseville, MI signed.
Jan 29th, 2017
Elisha D. from Lancaster, CA writes:
Ex girlifriend used false dv to make me homeless and not be able to contact my step kids which I treat as my own why the entire time I was the abused individual
Jan 29th, 2017
Someone from Austin, TX writes:
I am appalled, this happens to women just as often as men. I am currently facing a false domestic violence allegation because I was trying to leave my boyfriend and he called and filed false charges against me, while I was three months pregnant at that. I was arrested but since this is my first criminal offense for anything, ever, I was released on my own recognizance but it's not over. The DA has six months to either take it to trial or dismiss. He is doing this to defame me and scheming to take my baby when it's born. He is a narcissist and a sociopath. Please change the rhetoric of the petition as women are falsely accused too.
Jan 29th, 2017
Charlene E. from Macomb, MI signed.
Jan 29th, 2017
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
I agree people lives are getting destroyed because of females lies which is stop them from getting in the military or other excellent jobs
Jan 29th, 2017
R J. from New Baltimore, MI signed.
Jan 29th, 2017
Coleen C. from Roseville, MI signed.
Jan 29th, 2017
C C. from Roseville, MI writes:
On Christmas Day my brothers soon to be ex-wife (whom we are 99.99% sure she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder) Filed False D V charges on my brother. She had threatened him that if he takes the kids to our Family Christmas it will get ugly. Now mind you she celebrated with her family Christmas Eve and INSISTED she was coming to our celebration. When my brother made it clear (for the 20th time over the past month) she is not invited she undressed the children and made the comment that it will get ugly. I came over and video taped the whole ordeal of her using the children as pawns and threatening to call the police. That's why I had to protect ourselves with video in case she manipulated the situation. Thank GOD I did or my brother would be in jail...The police showed up to my parents house to arrest my brother for his X telling dispatch we restrained and assaulted her. Our video saved my brother from going to jail because she was upset she didn't have control , which a narc must always have , they win at all costs in their mind. So We just got notice that there will be a warrant out for her making a false police report ( which the consequence in UNJUST for the crime she FALSELY accused my bro. of) IT SHOULD BE THE SAME PUNISHMENT FOR WHAT THESE PEOPLE FALSELY ACCUSE THEIR POOR VICTIMS OF. All someone has to do is hit themselves, poke, cut , scratch etc. and say someone else did it and someone so innocent has their whole life and reputation ruined. THE LAW HAS TO BE CHANGED REGARDING THEIR PENALTIES....INSTANT 30 DAYS BEHIND BARS $5,000 FINE FOR 1ST OFFENSE....THEY NEED TO BE TAUGHT A LESSON...But its so sad that she will probably get probation and a hundred dollar fine...Slap in the Face...We have more disturbed people in this world now than ever and the LAWS need to be updated NOW to prevent these sick disturbed vindictive people from ruining innocent lives.
Jan 29th, 2017
Jennie S. from Irving, TX writes:
You can't always belive what a woman says, some will say and do just about anything cause they know the law is on their side
Jan 29th, 2017
Someone from Clayton, NC writes:
This needs to stop now! DA's need to start prosecuting for perjury in these cases! My soon to be ex wife put a dvpo on me stating a bunch of stuff, all lies all because she wouldnt talk to me civily about custody of our kids so i had to file a normal non emergency custody order. So she reciprocates with the dvpo. She has done this to other people in her life, thrn she dismisses the order later.
Jan 27th, 2017
Someone from Philadelphia, PA writes:
I had to put a PFA on my daughter and file custody of my grand daughter cause I have raised my grand daughter since she was 5 days old. Because my of my daughters drug use and her violence against me and my grand daughter. When I went for the PFA appointment the judge automatically was on her side, because she brought to people to lie for her and I was all by myself. After the judge vacated the order and told me to return my grand daughter to my daughter. My daughter put a PFA on me stating that I kidnapped my grand daughter and I attacked her. My daughter since she was 15 years old she always had been a violent person to me and other individuals in the pass. My daughter has committed defamation and perjury against me and I that like myself that a lot of innocent people are being accused falsely and not giving them a chance to prove our innocence. I am very said and concern of my grand daughter not knowing what condition my grand daughter is in and if she is healthy. Until this day my daughter is still accusing me of violence making my life a living nightmare.
Jan 26th, 2017
Abril C. from Roswell, NM writes:
Hi I am a woman, a mother, citizen and I have been going through this since july 2016 and my life has been destroyed im fighting and will not stop. This individual my ex has gpne over board, me being victim of the abuser has now been flipped and I have been accused to be the criminal please help my life is different now due to all false allegations, I cnt walk out of the house without something be said or done , to having warrants being thrown at me. Stop this so I can return to my life and kids whom I haven't seen in two months :'(
Jan 25th, 2017
Someone from Vincentown, NJ writes:
False Domestic Violence Charges are being used by male and female spouses from other countries to get a green card. Many times, there are no issues and the foreign spouse only married to get petition to stay in America. This happened to me and they need to change and fix this law before more people suffer for this. I'm trying to argue here on the state level but this really needs to go to the Feds.
Jan 25th, 2017
Someone from Gaffney, SC writes:
Son was falsely accused and is in jail awaiting trial. Alleged victim got a order of protection based on false allegations that were NOT verified before they arrested him. The alleged victim was told by family court judge to call 911 if he did anything. She made up false text messages/calls and posts on social media to give to police. She said it is all a "GAME" to her and they "Victim Advocate, Safe Homes and DSS" was playing the game very well.
Jan 24th, 2017
Scott R. from Palm Bay, FL writes:
Hello, my name is S.Rutherford... My X girlfriend is trying to pull me they the wringer with false allegations and keeps filing lies at the clerk office to try to illegal evict me from our home. She stole my jewelry and sold my motorcycle and she continues to call police at least once a day and makes up all kinds of lies. How can she get away with this over and over.. This is in Brevard county Florida There was now also 2 incidents where one of her friends threatened me with a gun and he also files allegations against me. Why and how can this go on, I'm baffled
Jan 24th, 2017
Ronald P. from Charleston, WV writes:
Dear Sir or Madam, My sister Jaqueline Pray had seperated my eklderly parents by sixty miles, Took my father who had Alzheimer's disease into her attorney's office and had him sign a suspicious Power of Attorney that unlawfully included guardianship in it. In Florida, guardianship is granted by a judicial review and not by a power of attorney. She then had this fraudulent guardianship supported by the sheriff and the court where she fraudulently filed on our parents behalf. She embezzled their two properties by putting her name on the deeds and when I caught her, she decided to go after me. First by filing a fraudulent Baker Act, and when that didn't work, she filed a Domestic Violence case against me with our two parents as co-plaintiffs on their behalf. The court has been unable to serve me court papers but have put a permanent injunction on me that has been in the NCIC computer for the past 12 years and counting. I am an innocent man and am being destroyed by Florida's unconstitutional domestic violence law that denies due process while taking away rights. I need your help. Respectfully, Ronald Pray
Jan 24th, 2017
Sam C. from Lexington, MA writes:
I am now the victim of the falsely alleged domestic violence by my wife. Even my son is angry for what his mother done on me. The woman is no longer the weak population opposite to the man today. The law cross the fair boarder too far.
Jan 24th, 2017
Greg F. from Philadelphia, PA writes:
I'm appalled by what is allowed to be perpetrated against innocent men throughout this country. I'm not speaking of men who do indeed abuse there wives. The latter are scum. The same type of scum that makes up women who try to lie, manipulate, goad men who s biggest indiscretion is that they tried making an honest woman out of someone who was severely lacking in the honest department. Everyone falls for the poor damsel in distress routine , god forbid someone actually look at the integrity or character of the person making the accusations the claim . So frustrating...
Jan 24th, 2017
Christopher B. from Jacksonville, FL writes:
This exact thing happened to me. The day I broke up with my girlfriend, I went home and was almost immediately attacked. I didn't even fight back, I had a ripped shirt and bloody nose. She marked her own neck up. She then called the police and told them I attacked her, and with barely any questions they took me to jail, and allowed her to sleep in my bed in my home while I went to jail. This is a real thing, women do it all the time, please help.
Jan 23rd, 2017
Richard L. from Hampton, VA signed.
Jan 23rd, 2017
Someone from Portage, MI writes:
Things like and this is just one example (other are mentioned above and some not mentioned above) an accuser (man or women) who is a mentally disturbed individual (such as one suffering from a personality disorder esp. cluster a and b) using such laws to exact her (or his) revenge against a man (or woman) who simply does not want to be in a relationship with them anymore, did not do something they wanted them to do, would not support their alcohol or drug habit by giving the accuser money/alcohol/etc, would not agree on with the accuser about something trivial as what time to take out the trash or not show up to a dinner with the accuser cuz they are ill, etc. I am not saying that every person man or woman that accuses another man or woman (usually a spouse or bf or gf) of domestic violence/abuse is lying nor everyone who accuses has a mental illness etc. Most are not lying and are in fact telling the truth and are the real victims. The accused then do deserve to be charged etc. However the men and women who are innocent and the real victims should not be punished, files charged against, their lives ruined, etc cuz of someone pretending to be a victim and lies etc to cops, law, courts, judges etc to get the real victims/innocent ones put behind bars, forced to pay fines, stuff on record, etc. for whatever reason (revenge, etc). Perhaps those accusing ppl should have to go under an evaluation and lie detector test before any charges can be officially filed and lives ruined etc. and if found to be lying even when mentally not well (such as pd etc) then they will be the ones penalized put in jail forced to go to court and seek help for their issues etc. and all charges against the person they filled against will be dropped. Punish the real abusers/ppl committing domestic violence/abuse... not the innocent ppl the real victims for lack of better wording. Idk I guess what I am trying to say is something needs to be done something needs to change some ppl with and without power need to do whats right etc. Innocent ppl man and woman lives should not be ruined cuz of ppl falsely accusing them of things they did not do. Ppl should not be to have someone or them selves inflict harm onto themselves and say it was who they accused it was and the accused go to jail etc when they are innocent either. The right ppl need to have files charged against them, the right ppl need to go to jail and pay fines etc. Innocent ppl do not need to go to court need to go to jail etc.
Jan 23rd, 2017
Jorge C. from Apo, AE writes:
Mi nombre soy Jorge Cardona, civilian trabajando por el Gobierno de Estados Unidos, He sido falsamente cusado de abuser fisica y siologicamente a mi mujer, las acusaciones son falsas y pueden ser provadas, decia que la mantenia encerrada, pues ella entraba a la base military a clases de Ingles y Aleman, ademas iba a las tiendas; esto nunca lo miraron, ella tenia o tiene tarjeta de crdito/debito, tambien tiene identificacion como mi depende, esto sirve para mirar cuando ella entraba, en la base. Los cargos de abuso fisico, ella , me trato de atacar con un cuchillo, lo reporte a FAP representante y me dijo que ella no pdia hacer reporte porque aca en alemania, ellos solo ven casos de soldados, la representantede FAP llamo a la Policia Militar de Estados Unidos y acuerdo a ella dijo "ellos tampoco pueden recibir el reporte porque no soy military, ellos no tiene nada que ver con civiles". finalmente despues de 6 meses fui escuchado por la Policia Militar Americana de aca (Alemania) despues de que hice el reporte de abuso, fui acusado (sospechoso) de interferer con la justicia y proveer false declaraciones. Mi mujer durante su declaratoria dijo que yo era que le habia agredido fisicamente, y que las marcas y mordidas que ella me causo era por defenderse. yo estaba en peligro ella me amenazaba que si me iba me acusaba a la policia, despues de lograr grabar algunos eventos en mi cellular, con el apoyo de companeos de trabajo sali de la casa, y todo ha sido una pesadilla.
Jan 22nd, 2017
Marylou W. from Gulfport, MS writes:
I am a domestic abuse survivor and work with victims of domestic abuse. Women/girls who falsely accuse because they want to get even, take the blame off themselves or get full custody need to be held accountable. Men's lives are ruined from false accusations! I have written books and articles about abuse and am in the process of writing about false accusations about domestic abuse. www.goodkarmayoga.simdif.com
Jan 21st, 2017
Someone from New York, NY writes:
Currently living this nightmare. Was charged with misdemeanor aggravated harassment for making threats to an ex. The charges are baseless. In fact, the reason she filed a complaint was because she found out i was getting ready to do so. However she got there first, so I am now assumed guilty by the judicial system. I have no criminal record and am a pacifist. Nevertheless, I was arrested even though there is ZERO evidence and my ex is currently trying to recant her allegation but the DA is insisting on moving forward. I spent 48 hours in the "Tombs" at Manhattan central booking. Most of that time was in a 6x6 cage covered in feces and urine. No food, no water, nowhere to go to the bathroom. Was even kept for close to 24 hours after my bail was posted because my paperwork was "misplaced" I have been humiliated and have already spent over $10,000 in legal fees and associated costs all for simply having the misfortune of dating a malignant narcissist. When my case is resolved I will be pressing my own charges against her as well as a civil suit agains her, the NYC DOC, and the Manhattan DA's office. I am the victim here! Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Is this really a smart way to be using taxpayer money?
Jan 20th, 2017
Brian and Tanisha M. from Havana, FL signed.
Jan 20th, 2017
Buffy B. from Dunedin, FL signed.
Jan 19th, 2017
Someone from Wellesley, MA writes:
My son is currently incarcerated because of false allegations and he has been there since before Christmas and he will not be released until sometime in April. he caught his wife cheating on him with her ex, and he left the house. she begged him to come home when he said "no, I'm filing for a divorce, and I'll get everything and you will get nothing because I have proof of you cheating on me." she went to the local police station and said my husband attempted to kill me and she knew the proper wording to use "strangulation" so now my son is facing 5 years in jail. They own two homes, and he has a great profession! He has two amazing kids by another woman that he was very involved with and they miss him terribly!! :( they cry for him all the time he can call them, however they say" Daddy come pick me up right now " its heartbreaking for our whole family. He is the most amazing son a mom could ever want. He has lost his job, and meanwhile she's sleeping with her ex-boyfriend in the house that my son bought and remodeled!!
Jan 19th, 2017
Julianna R. from Reston, VA writes:
I personally am a victim of REAL Domestic Violence - However - I am more importantly a survivor of Domestic Violence. I have recently married a man that has been abused himself, accused falsely by his x-wife and son's mother who collude together. But because he is black, over 6'foot and 280lbs the courts allow all of the allegations be drug in to court at the expense of attorney fees, money that could have gone to his children, and have every false allegation thrown out. We got married and now they have filed reports against me! which at the expense of hiring an attorney was money that would have been spent on his children. These orders (yes, they filed one against him also) where filed to prevent him from spending his court order Christmas visitation 2016 with his children and new wife. He has not seen his children for 45 days. one child is a 13 yrs. old boy and the other is his 8 year old daughter, both testified in court on my PO hearing and were cross examined by his ex-wife and lied. The wife represented herself, the judge called out the both of the mothers - This needs to stop! Because as a survivor I could not get one person/agency/department NO-One to help - Have Pictures names all documentation - would be happy to share it - This is taking away from the PEOPLE who really need the recourses and giving it to malicious vengeful, usually women, who are lying for there own benefit.
Jan 19th, 2017
dustin s. from Canton, NC signed.
Jan 19th, 2017
Carol M. from BOYNTON BEACH, FL writes:
This has happened to me and it continues to ruin my life. The act of false allegations and the corrupt police who arrest innocent people is a crime within itself and should be dealt with as so.
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Bronx, NY writes:
I will sign the petition
Jan 18th, 2017
Sandi D. from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
I accused my husband of DV when it wasn't true because of his past there,sticking it to him hard I wanna tell the truth but don't know we're to start help
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
Jan 18th, 2017
Someone from Saint Louis, MO writes:
Sad that no one seems to recognize what's going on. Punishment is well called for. Male or female, lie to the law, go to jail. As fair as can fair can get.
Jan 17th, 2017
Clint E. from Hays, KS signed.