Investigation into Lupron Side Effects (Leuprolide Acetate)

The purpose of this petition is to warn others regarding the drug Lupron (Leupolide Acetate) mfg. by Takeda/Abbott Pharmaceuticals in the hope that further long-term safety studies are done before it disables or kills more women. This drug was originally marketed to treat prostate cancer patients but now is widely used for the treatment of endometriosis, infertility, fibroids/ovarian cysts and even precocious puberty.

Many women are continuing to suffer the side effects long after taking their last dose even though their doctor and the pharmaceutical company states that the side effects should go away within 3-6 months. Side effects include but are not limited to: hot flashes, memory loss, tachycardia, hematura, hypotension, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, depression, Vitamin D deficiency, constant gnawing bone/joint pain, osteoarthritis, osteopenia, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, autoimmune diseases, blood disorders, cancer and many others including death and yet not one long term study has been conducted.

It is devastating to us that we agreed to take an FDA approved drug under the care of our physician whom we trusted only to find ourselves sicker than you could imagine ---- in pain and unable to get the proper treatment or even believed that Lupron caused our problems.

We hereby request that an investigation be undertaken into the short term and long term effects of Lupron on women. We further request that all outcomes and results of such trials be released and published so that both patients and doctors alike may have the benefit of all the information regarding this drug.

Mar 24th, 2017
Amy B. from Elko, NV writes:
In 2002 I was give one shot a month for six months I had many surgeries and was only 23 the drug Lipton threw my body into menopause I went crazy depressed it ended with a full hysterectomy as soon as the Injections were over now I have osteoporosis bone degeneration and vitamin d defetioncy I have no idea if these problems are caused by Lipton just thought I would share my experience I'm now 39 and have a lot of problem
Mar 23rd, 2017
Someone from Bellevue, WA writes:
I had problems at the time I was on this awful drug but hadn't been informed of the possible side effects so didn't attribute them to the medication. And I continue to suffer from those early effects (it's been over 3 years since I got my 2 injections), and 2 years ago I developed some additional things as well. I now wonder if I'll ever be back to my pre-Lupron level of health???
Mar 22nd, 2017
heather b. from Schenectady, NY signed.
Mar 22nd, 2017
Someone from Roseville, CA writes:
This drug ruined my life.
Mar 22nd, 2017
Angela G. from Winchester, KY signed.
Mar 21st, 2017
Stacy D. from Bolingbrook, IL writes:
I've been suffering for over a year now with long lasting side effects. I was not told what this drug was and what it could really do to me. I won't stop until I find out exactly what this drug has done and can do to others.
Mar 20th, 2017
jessica L. from Bay Shore, NY writes:
I was on Lupron from oct 2014-mar 2015. I still ended up needing surgery to clean out the endometriosis afterwards. Regardless, it is now 2017 and i and still dealing with the side effects yet they are getting worse and ruining my life. I was a hair stylist since I was 16 (32 yrs old now). And can no longer do it. if I'm lucky if I can get out of bed my legs hurt so bad and are so weak. They give out for no reason and no doctor could tell me why except assume from the Lupron side effects. I lose feeling in my arms and legs. My hair is falling out so incredibly bad and that was the one this I had control of and loved. I had fun thick hair now I have half the amount and thinning almost baldish spots at the temples. I blackout.have mood swings so bad I either am crying screaming and yelling at someone for nothing giving an attitude and then going back to be happy. Have a hard time walking. Have severe fibromyalgia.i have joint nerve and muscle pain that is only treated by heavy pain killers. Horrible migraines that require another medicine. I was a healthy young dance teach , hair stylist, mommy who never missed a god damn thing at school for my daughter. Now I miss almost everything bc of the pain and I'm embarrassed and I hate that she's so upset. Went on this because I though I was doing something good for myself to have another child. I've since had an early on miscarriage, can barely get out of bed , cant work, had to give up driving , and our car because we couldn't afford it anymore, about to lose out apartment. It's amazing how you think your are doing something good for yourself and it ends up destroying you and your life and families. My poor daughter feels the brunt of it. mind my language but **** You Lupron! You took my life away. Best part I have to go get another laparoscopy every 2 years still. Hope the drug company enjoyed their $1500/shot that I had to beg my insurance company to cover and fight with my husband to let me go on. How more women are you going to let be highly depressed anxious and suicidal?
Mar 14th, 2017
Catherine H. from Birdsboro, PA writes:
Took Depot Lupron 20 years ago. For over a year. 2 different occasions. Still have joint pain, Depression, Migraines chipping teeth, etc We cannot let this continue. I am also a DES Baby.Wichita ramifications started at 12 yrs of age. Giving these hormones and giving kick backs to Doctors and not thinking what is in the best interest for the patient should be a crime that the Pharmaceutical Companies and Physicians should be held accountable.
Mar 13th, 2017
Someone from Denver, CO signed.
Mar 13th, 2017
Someone from Barrington, IL writes:
I had 6 months of lupron shots about 20 years ago for uterine fibroids. While having the shots, I suffered from extreme depression and mood swings. I had vision problems and increased migraines. I developed autoimmune conditions that require daily medication. I have a vitamin D deficiency. I experience joint pain.
Mar 9th, 2017
Stephanie D. from Rockledge, FL signed.
Mar 8th, 2017
Someone from Sherrills Ford, NC writes:
I was given Lupron injection after having endometriosis surgery 9 yrs ago. I told the nurse I was pregnant showed her my positive test. She gave me a pregnancy test and waited 2 mins looked at the test said its negative and gave me the injection. 2 weeks later they confirmed I was pregnant. Needless to say I miscarried one of the twins and the second was born with 2 testicular hernias and some developmental delays. I also suffer with constant hot flashes, joint pain, and migraines. These are just a few of my ongoing issues with Lupron.
Mar 8th, 2017
Someone from Warren, MI writes:
I had Lupron 10 years ago that was the begin of my memory loss, joint pain that has lead to rheumatoid arthritis. It took longer to go through the change of life because I refused to have a hysterectomy.
Mar 6th, 2017
Michelle M. from Marcus Hook, PA writes:
This drug should be pulled. It is a pharmaceutical disaster.
Mar 6th, 2017
Patricia C. from Chicago, IL writes:
I had Lupron shots 14 years ago. My health has been horrible ever since - fibromyalgia, migraines, IBS, osteoarthritis... It has been a brutal battle just to find some relief. I am the mother of four sons, and was always incredibly active. This is not the life I dreamed of....
Mar 5th, 2017
Someone from Milan, TN writes:
I have had 2 shots so far. I have a constant cough and been sick with bronchitis since January. Nothing I'm taking is getting rid of this. I haven't been this sick ever. I usually bounce back but nothing is helping. I have experienced joint pain especially in my knees all the way down to my toes. I have felt so awful since being on this shot. I really think this needs to be took off the market. I am one of many who is experiencing series side effects from the shot
Mar 4th, 2017
noel b. from Saint Petersburg, FL writes:
STAY AWAY FROM THIS POISON! I had six shots of Lupron in 2008, and to this day I still suffer from severe insomnia. I also have severe osteoporosis in my left foot, my left hip, both hands, both shoulders and in my back. I have the body my mother had when she was in her late seventies. I also spent three days in hospital with shingles, which I got after going 6 months sleeping an average of 2 hours a night. my body is devastated and it is harder and harder to do my job.
Feb 27th, 2017
Someone from Rochester, NY writes:
Do NOT take this poison. It has ruined my life. The side effects are worse than cancer. I did a one month shot for breast cancer treatment and it's been 6 weeks and I am still a mess. Mostly now only suffering from daily migraines, my anxiety is through the roof and debilitating and I am in constant pain. DON'T DO IT
Feb 27th, 2017
Someone from Griffin, GA writes:
I took Lupron several years ago , and I have severe tooth problems and decay. I also have joint pain, weight gain, and depression this drug is horrible and the long term results are not worth it.
Feb 21st, 2017
Someone from Charlotte, NC signed.
Feb 19th, 2017
Amtul W. from Avon, MA writes:
Lupron ruined my life. I had no idea about lasting sidd effects innthe long term. I had to quit school and my job. I am disabled can no longer leave the house except for appointments, can no longer drive, amdI am in constant, debilitating pain and my endometriosis is worse than ever. I am also broke. My memory is shot. I am not the same person. My entire life is ruined. I will never has a house or a child. I am only 27.
Feb 19th, 2017
JimmiXzSw b. from New York, NY writes:
BU5rMI http://www.FyLitCl7Pf7ojQdDUOLQOuaxTXbj5iNG.com
Feb 17th, 2017
Tonya C. from Patterson, LA writes:
I took lupron for a year and I feel the side effects til this day. It has been ten years almost and I still feel even with a healthy lifestyle my body is fading away. My teeth, bones, health, hair, skin... Has never been the same.
Feb 15th, 2017
Someone from Springfield, OR writes:
My husband is suffering many of these same side effects.
Feb 13th, 2017
Judith B. from Butler, GA writes:
(MUST READ: COPD TREATMENT) I am Judith Hall from Portland, Oregon, USA. I was diagnosed of COPD/Emphysema in Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in 2014. In August 2016 my condition worsened and my doctor adviced me for Lung volume reduction surgery to remove part of my lungs, making room for the rest of the lung to work better, considering the risk involved i was scared and i resorted online for help, I was in a health website when i read a testimony of a woman from Canada who was totally cured of COPD through the herbal remedy she purchased from a herbal clinic in South Africa, i immediately contacted this herbal clinic via their website and purchased the COPD herbal remedy, i received the herbal remedy within 7 days via courier service and commenced usage. After four weeks and two days of usage, i did another lungs function test and CT scan to be sure, my doctor confirmed my airway are repaired, Thank you Health herbal clinic. Contact this herbal clinic via their website www(DOT)healthherbalclinic(DOT)weebly(DOT)com
Feb 12th, 2017
Alecia W. from Hamilton, OH writes:
I took Lupron as a treatment for my endometriosis about 9 years ago. I had 9 doses given to me as monthly shots in my lower back/hip area. Since taking these shots my teeth have been badly disintegrating, I experience horrible hip pain someone's to the point that i can't walk, and my endometriosis has only gotten worse. It saddens me that a drug i took to alleviate my pain has only worsened it.
Feb 10th, 2017
Mary O. from Tewksbury, MA signed.
Feb 9th, 2017
Rebecca P. from Foothill Ranch, CA signed.
Feb 8th, 2017
Someone from Baton Rouge, LA writes:
Downward Spiral..!! :'-(
Feb 7th, 2017
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
Feb 7th, 2017
Becky B. from Butler, GA writes:
I am a 79-year-old lady. My FIBROMYALGIA disease appeared at the age of 74, with no hope of a cure from the hospital i looked further for an alternative treatments, a friend of mine told me about Health Herbal Clinic in Johannesburg South Africa who sell herbal treatments for diseases including FIBROMYALGIA disease, I contacted the herbal clinic via their website and purchased the fibromyalgia herbal remedy. I received the herbal remedy through DHL couriers within 8 days and i immediately commenced usage as prescribed, i used the herbal remedy for about a month and 1 week, my condition has greatly improved, all my symptoms including Chronic muscle pain, Abdominal pain, nausea, I am fibromyalgia free! contact Health Herbal Clinic via their email healthherbalclinic AT gmail DOT com or visit www DOT healthherbalclinic DOT weebly DOT com PLS fibromyalgia is not a death sentence, there is a cure!
Feb 7th, 2017
Bernadette G. from Baraboo, WI writes:
I was givendors Lupron in 2007. I have had intestinal issues and chronic muscle and joint pain since. It is getting progressively worse. I also have excessive facial hair and hyperprolactinemia. It might help to obtain information to determine any relationship for treatment options.
Feb 6th, 2017
Kara F. from Ashland, OH writes:
I was on Lupron in 1999 and received 6 injections in 6 months. I have developed a severe vitamin d deficiency, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, AS, and thyroid goiter and nodules to name a few. It didn't not help my endometriosis or PCOS.
Feb 4th, 2017
Someone from Lewisville, TX writes:
This drug -or any drug - should be prescribed to anyone, particularly children and adolescents, for the purpose of permanent body changes to suit a mental disorder. This has got to stop!
Feb 4th, 2017
Someone from Arlee, MT signed.
Jan 31st, 2017
Someone from Bend, OR signed.
Jan 31st, 2017
Someone from Portland, OR writes:
Given series of six (6) lupron injections for fibroids & endmometriosis in 2007 at age of 44. Since that time, I have developed degenerative disk disease, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, Vit-D deficiency, cardiac issues AND now, rheumatoid arthritis. Lousy drug. Too bad most of the Congress Critters are paid off by drug companies to enable bad drugs like this to be pushed to market.
Jan 31st, 2017
Someone from Portland, OR writes:
Jan 28th, 2017
Alexis S. from White Plains, MD writes:
I was given 2 rounds of Lupron in January 2014 (1st shot) and April 2014 (2nd shot) for severe endometriosis. I just turned 25 when Lupron treatment began and was diagnosed with endometriosis at 23. The shots gave me severe hot flashes, fatigue, chest pain, bone pain, irritability, worsened insomnia, and memory loss where I struggle to identify and pronounce words correctly. I had no issues with speech/memory before Lupron. After 6 months of treatment, I was told by my doctor that my symptoms would disappear and I would not likely experience them again. It is January 2017 and I still have memory problems, chest pain, joint pain, occasional hot flashes, and bone pain in my hips. I'm 27 but feel a lot older. I am unable to exercise due to recurring pelvic and hip pain. My endometriosis is not better and I have experienced increased gastro problems (internal hemorrhoids related to chronic constipation due to endometriosis) since discontinuing the drug. The "best" treatment for endometriosis, according to my GYN, is Lupron, but the side effects are horrendous! It is not worth it to be relieved of severe pelvic pain for 6 months just to have lasting side effects with no possible cure. Please do more investigations!
Jan 27th, 2017
Sandra C. from Oak Forest, IL writes:
Far too many FDA approved are causing more and worse problems than the original issue they were supposed to correct, especially where reproductive health is concerned. This drug needs to be stopped until THOUROGH research has been conducted as to it's long-term side effects.