Investigation into Lupron Side Effects (Leuprolide Acetate)

The purpose of this petition is to warn others regarding the drug Lupron (Leupolide Acetate) mfg. by Takeda/Abbott Pharmaceuticals in the hope that further long-term safety studies are done before it disables or kills more women. This drug was originally marketed to treat prostate cancer patients but now is widely used for the treatment of endometriosis, infertility, fibroids/ovarian cysts and even precocious puberty.

Many women are continuing to suffer the side effects long after taking their last dose even though their doctor and the pharmaceutical company states that the side effects should go away within 3-6 months. Side effects include but are not limited to: hot flashes, memory loss, tachycardia, hematura, hypotension, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, depression, Vitamin D deficiency, constant gnawing bone/joint pain, osteoarthritis, osteopenia, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, autoimmune diseases, blood disorders, cancer and many others including death and yet not one long term study has been conducted.

It is devastating to us that we agreed to take an FDA approved drug under the care of our physician whom we trusted only to find ourselves sicker than you could imagine ---- in pain and unable to get the proper treatment or even believed that Lupron caused our problems.

We hereby request that an investigation be undertaken into the short term and long term effects of Lupron on women. We further request that all outcomes and results of such trials be released and published so that both patients and doctors alike may have the benefit of all the information regarding this drug.

Jun 15th, 2017
Mena R. from Staten Island, NY writes:
I was healthy, happy, energetic, and was living life. In 2007, I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo and was prescribed Lupron after I had a lap done. I have taken Lupron injections 3 times for a total of 13 months worth of injections. Since I have taken the injections, I have been diagnosed with various diseases and have absolutely zero quality of life! If I had known then what I know now, my life would be so different! Please see that Lupron is investigated and taken off the market before more women suffer from its' long term side effects that are only expected to last "3 to 6 months" from date of last injection. It has been far beyond 3 to 6 months and I'm still suffering and unfortunately, only getting worse with time! This drug is deadly and should not be used especially not for endo patients! Do what's right instead of being money hungry and save lives!
Jun 4th, 2017
Someone from Rockaway Beach, OR signed.
Jun 4th, 2017
Toby M. from Rockaway Beach, OR signed.
Jun 2nd, 2017
Kelli H. from Broken Arrow, OK signed.
May 30th, 2017
Debra R. from Gilroy, CA writes:
Lupron is a toxic catagory X drug
May 30th, 2017
Debra R. from Gilroy, CA writes:
Lupron is a toxic catagory X drug
May 29th, 2017
Maya N. from Mesa, AZ writes:
I am a mother of 2 and lupron is breaking my body down i cant work the company making it should be held responsible.
May 27th, 2017
Summer C. from Duluth, MN writes:
This drug has ruined many lives.... It shouldn't be used for the "treatment" of endometriosis This drug is poison, it has a lifetime usage of 12 months in totally Any other drug similiar to this drug in any form i.e. shot,pills etc need to be taken away for the treatment of endometriosis
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 25th, 2017
Amy M. from Chesapeake, VA writes:
What happened to the 30,000 plus signatures counted as of yesterday ????
May 25th, 2017
Amy M. from Chesapeake, VA writes:
Why was there over 30,000 signatures just yesterday and today the count is down 1/3 ! ????
May 24th, 2017
Jana N. from Salt Lake City, UT signed.
May 24th, 2017
Emily B. from Chesapeake, VA signed.
May 24th, 2017
AnThony D. from Virginia Beach, VA writes:
Ban Lupron
May 23rd, 2017
Sarah S. from Chesapeake, VA signed.
May 22nd, 2017
Brianna B. from Macomb, MI signed.
May 22nd, 2017
Christa I. from Chesapeake, VA signed.
May 22nd, 2017
Amy M. from Virginia Beach, VA writes:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/lupron-must-get-taken-market-endometriosis-and-newly-created-trans-kids-are-danger It's time WE GET HEARD and Save LIVES and preserve Quality !
May 17th, 2017
Mary V. from Oregon, OH writes:
2nd day of my 1st shot! I'm exhausted,dizzy, leg cramps, no appetite, chills, nauseated, itching, moody, this drug is horrible! And severe headaches! I won't be getting another shot! I'd rather lose my last ovary than feel like this! My family and friends said I'm pale as a ghost and can see I'm sick from this shot! I hope this ends soon! I'm a wife and mom and I'm so exhausted even to shower I started seeing spots and had to sit on the shower floor! Please look into this! If you are thinking of this shot please look up the lawsuits and side effects!
May 8th, 2017
Someone from Nacogdoches, TX writes:
I was put on Synarel for severe endometriosis. For 30 years subsequently, I have suffered every day with crushing pain and fatigue, of which, I cannot truly and adequately describe, since it is baffling, all-intrusive, and life-killing. I struggle with glandular disorders, deficiencies, allergies and sensitivities, non-refreshing sleep, and all manner of disturbances, just to name a little of what I go through every single minute of every single day. I have been effectively taken out of life. Within the healthcare system, I have been treated like a liar, a pariah, a mental case, a guinea pig, a dumbass, and a near criminal undeserving of the smallest amount of dignity, much less relief from a massive, cascading "syndrome" of physical problems. Labeled with trash diagnoses, we, the woefully de-energized, have to fight for any semblance of care and understanding. The doctors and drug companies and insurance fiascos take our money, tell us some b.s., and leave us to a fate much worse than death. I reiterate: much worse than death. It is neverending and much too much. We are brave and tough people - nobody could live this way without a ton of character and fortitude. We are your mothers and your daughters, and we are suffering. Please help us.
May 7th, 2017
Angelina R. from Portland, OR writes:
My best friend has been given this and is due for another shot end of month which she is refusing. It is not ok to give someone who has hopes of being normal again something that makes them feel they're loosing grasp of everything in their life. No person should ever go through this. Please make sure nobody else has to suffer as she has.
May 7th, 2017
Veronica D. from Portland, OR writes:
This injection has ruined my life and I will never get it again. Stay away.
Apr 30th, 2017
Someone from East Brunswick, NJ writes:
I was on lupron for only about 11 days four months ago. The side effects (tingling from head to toe, headache, anxiety, palpitations) were so bad that I had to stop treatment. Now four months later I still have major anxiety and I have NEVER had anxiety in 41 years-EVER. The joint and back pain, nerve pain, insomnia and other symptoms are just not going away. This drug needs to be re-evaluated to a significant degree.
Apr 28th, 2017
Amy M. from Virginia Beach, VA writes:
We new decades ago this drug causes more harm than good and to witness it resurfacing and being repurposed as a puberty blocker in children is like watching violent crime take place before your eyes
Apr 25th, 2017
Someone from Knoxville, TN writes:
I was on Lipton in 2009. I took the injections for 6 months. I had a horrible experience. my eyebrows got thinner and thinner and eventually I ended up with no eyebrows and they never grew back. My hair thinned some. I have constant body ache and chronic fatigue. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am only 41 and feel like I'm 80. I ended up having to have a complete hysterectomy anyway. I wish I never did this.
Apr 21st, 2017
Someone from Menifee, CA signed.
Apr 17th, 2017
Ashley M. from Monaca, PA signed.
Apr 12th, 2017
Someone from Elgin, SC writes:
I took these shots between1998 and the early 2000's. I have had progressive bone/joint and muscle problems since stopping this medication. I now have all-over osteoarthritis. No one in my family has had this problem. All major joints are affected. Concerned that I am heading toward total disability. I was in my early 40's when I started these shots and bone/ joint-wise, I was having no problems. How do you stop this from progressing to being bedridden? This stuff needs to be taken off the market.
Apr 6th, 2017
Someone from Heflin, AL writes:
I took Lupron over a year ago. I have horrible pain in my legs, my teeth are falling out. Someone should be responsible. My iron is low. My blood count low.
Apr 6th, 2017
Becky H. from Dubuque, IA writes:
My life will never be the same. And for anyone who doesn't believe our government would allow us to be harmed like this, come talk to me personally. Or ask any vaccine-injured-child's parents.
Apr 6th, 2017
Becky H. from Dubuque, IA writes:
Apr 3rd, 2017
Craig B. from Grafton, OH writes:
When surgery, radiation, etc. fail to arrest prostate cancer and PSA is rising androgen deprivation therapy is often the first method employed to lower PSA and delay onset of clinical metastasis. Steroids (DES) and estrogen were effective prior to Lupron but did increase the risk of blood clots, liver damage, and heart attack. Lupron doesn't produce blood clots it merely makes us stupid, fat, lazy, with breasts, brittle bones, and depressed. Estradiol transdermal patches are a cost effective and rational alternative that greatly lowers blood clot and liver risk; used by millions of women and tens of thousand male to female transsexuals. Breast development may remain a side effect but bones stay strong and other Lupron side effects including cost are mitigated.
Apr 2nd, 2017
Someone from Bridgeton, NJ writes:
I had started to take lupron and this drug play with your emotions big way... I been feeling a lot of anger since then , depressed , emotional ... I don't recommend this drug at all ( further investigation needs to be made in order to Removed this med out of the market .
Mar 31st, 2017
Barnypok H. from Medinah, IL writes:
pR7bmN http://www.LnAJ7K8QSpkiStk3sLL0hQP6MO2wQ8gO.com
Mar 30th, 2017
Sophie S. from Carlsbad, CA writes:
Suffer from Terrible joints pain, weakness and bone pain. Mental confusion and got diagnosed with early onset of problems with my parathyroid and other hormones. I know now it's from the Lupron shoot because I stopped for 8 months and got back on it a few weeks ago. Worst decision of my life. I have also low levels of vitamins D
Mar 27th, 2017
Someone from San Jose, CA writes:
I took a 3 month dose of Lupron Depot at my Gynaecologist's advice. Her plan was to do a minimally invasive hysterectomy after a 6 month dose. She said that the Lupron will cause a temporary menopause and shrink the 9x10cm fibroid and a similarly sized irregular shaped adenomyosis. I have suffered with pain due to endometriosis for 14 years since my C-section. I thought so was finally going to get relief. I accepted to the plan and took a 3 month dose on Jan 23, 2017. Within 2 weeks of taking this injection, my right eye started swelling up and the eye started protruding out. The Ophthalmologist at Stanford Hospital has adopted delaying tactics and does not want to address the problem of diagnose it. It has been 1.5 months since my first consultation and yet no diagnosis. Nobody wants to acknowledge that this is a Lupron side effect. They tried to blame it on thyroid disease (Graves) but my TSH is normal. Now they're sending me to an Occuloplast surgeon, I'm skeptic about every step the medical professionals take. They act like lawyers than functioning as compassionate care givers whose ethics should be to cure patients. Instead they are in the business of CYA for themselves and for the big Pharma! I wish I had known Lupron would cause life time disability! Right now I'm worried about what happens after the three month dose wears off... will I ever be "normal" again, the way I was prior to Lupron?! Like someone else shared, I would take the pain due to endometriosis than the long term side effects of this deadly drug!
Mar 24th, 2017
Deanna D. from Utica, NY signed.