Investigation into Lupron Side Effects (Leuprolide Acetate)

The purpose of this petition is to warn others regarding the drug Lupron (Leupolide Acetate) mfg. by Takeda/Abbott Pharmaceuticals in the hope that further long-term safety studies are done before it disables or kills more women. This drug was originally marketed to treat prostate cancer patients but now is widely used for the treatment of endometriosis, infertility, fibroids/ovarian cysts and even precocious puberty.

Many women are continuing to suffer the side effects long after taking their last dose even though their doctor and the pharmaceutical company states that the side effects should go away within 3-6 months. Side effects include but are not limited to: hot flashes, memory loss, tachycardia, hematura, hypotension, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, depression, Vitamin D deficiency, constant gnawing bone/joint pain, osteoarthritis, osteopenia, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, autoimmune diseases, blood disorders, cancer and many others including death and yet not one long term study has been conducted.

It is devastating to us that we agreed to take an FDA approved drug under the care of our physician whom we trusted only to find ourselves sicker than you could imagine ---- in pain and unable to get the proper treatment or even believed that Lupron caused our problems.

We hereby request that an investigation be undertaken into the short term and long term effects of Lupron on women. We further request that all outcomes and results of such trials be released and published so that both patients and doctors alike may have the benefit of all the information regarding this drug.

Jul 6th, 2017
Jaime B. from Three Rivers, MI writes:
I was placed on Lupron due to Sever Stage 4 Endometriosis at the age of 31. I am now 33. I have been battling it my entire pubescent life, but my husband and I wanted children. I was desperate. I was willing to try anything. It failed and now I now have such severe joint pain that it can become even more debilitating than the excruciating pain I already face due to my body's condition from the Endo. My hair started falling out after the second shot, but I was assured it would come back. It "technically" did...my once think, lush, curly hair is now a shadow of itself. It is almost exactly half the thickness is once was and listless. My skin has changed as well and I feel like my weight (which has NEVER been a problem - I was 5'6" 125 pounds and very active prior to this sh*t of a drug) is an uphill battle now. I gained over 45 pounds in under 3 months and have only been able to take 5 off. 5. I am now 5'4" 162 pounds. My joints have suffered irreparable damage and I fear that I may end up on disability from the amount of pain and stiffness I suffer from. Oh, and I also still have every symptom from my Endo, but worse on the paid scale and I cannot stop the bleeding with birth control like I could prior to this SH*T. It became an end to a means. I have no baby and I have lasting side effects that have destroyed what little joy I have left. To know that there are insurance companies that FORCE woman to take this crap before they will allow a hysterectomy is disgusting. Yes, I am putting my full name. If an attorney happens to find this, I am easily found and you MAY contact me to become part of a class-action lawsuit to stop these *******s.
Jul 4th, 2017
Lisa C. from Elgin, IL writes:
Nearly killed me after one injection.
Jul 4th, 2017
Lisa C. from Elgin, IL writes:
Nearly killed me after one injection.
Jul 4th, 2017
Lisa C. from Elgin, IL writes:
Nearly killed me after one injection.
Jul 4th, 2017
Lisa C. from Elgin, IL writes:
Nearly killed me after one injection.
Jul 1st, 2017
Evelyn V. from Raymond, WA signed.
Jun 25th, 2017
Someone from Grayson, GA writes:
My husband of 45 years received Lupron Depot shots for prostate cancer. He was never depressed before and certainly not suicidal. A month ago he committed suicide and I firmly believe the Lupron was responsible.
Jun 25th, 2017
Alexa B. from Aurora, CO signed.
Jun 23rd, 2017
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
I just recently made the correlation between the Lupron injections I've been taking for IVF and my joint pain. Prior to IVF, I experienced occasional joint aches in my knees which I believe was attributed to yoga. Once I started taking Lupron, the aches became pain and seemingly moved from my knees to my shoulder-arm joints, right hip, and left ankle. I can even feel a gnawing sensation in my upper thigh muscle that radiates down the my entire length of my leg and I have a very difficult time walking because of it. I feel like my body is slowly turning to stone. It's awful. I don't even have the same gait anymore, instead I move around like my 75-year old father. I feel embarrassed by it and my condition depresses me because I can't move and do all the things I did just before I started taking Lupron. I'm asking for more research to be done so that other women can be armed with facts and possibly avoid experiencing the joint/muscle pains associated with taking this medication.
Jun 22nd, 2017
Sara R. from Puyallup, WA writes:
Lupron has absolutely ruined my health. My bones feel as they are breaking and have me in tears. My joints ache on a daily and I lose function in my hands do to the pain. I have had endometriosis for 17 years, in that 17 years I have had a dozen surgeries. I was on Lupron for 2 years from 2015 to 2017. I am 36 years old and I feel like I'm 50+. I would highly recommend you find a different way of treatment and NOT get these injections. You may think these us are crazy but there is TOO MANY of us with the same issues to not look into this further.
Jun 17th, 2017
Cathleen J. from Bourbonnais, IL writes:
Lupron ruined my health and my life. I was relatively normal before I was forced to use this "medicine:" I could walk, stand, work, etc as long as I needed to. Now, I am practically crippled - bone pain that feels like limbs are breaking and exhaustion/weakness. I need my husband and Senior Citizen mother to do anything that takes more than 10-30 minutes to do... I have had to change careers twice because I CAN'T work; now that i've found a job I am actually able to do, I am discovering it's not enough income to cover my minimal monthly expenses so I am applying for Disability (at the age of 37). I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a year after I stopped taking Lupron and I am wondering if taking 4 doses of Lupron actually CAUSED the Fibro. I am warning every woman I meet not to take this drug. Lupron was supposed to destroy my massive fibroid - but it ended up killing ME.
Jun 17th, 2017
Kimi C. from Buffalo, NY signed.
Jun 17th, 2017
Brittany P. from Dayton, OH signed.
Jun 17th, 2017
R J. from Dry Prong, LA writes:
Please rid us of this poison!!
Jun 17th, 2017
Barbara B. from Ford city, PA writes:
what's up with this? this is the 2nd time I've written a long letter. The first letter did not appear after I've sent it. The second one disappeared before I could send it
Jun 17th, 2017
Barbara B. from Ford city, PA writes:
Jun 17th, 2017
Barbara B. from Ford city, PA signed.
Jun 17th, 2017
Barbara B. from Ford city, PA signed.
Jun 15th, 2017
Robin S. from Louisville, CO writes:
Been on it for three months and the migraines are so debilitating that I can't function without take a very high dose of pain meds. I have missed out on so much in my family life that I feel I'm losing my connection.
Jun 15th, 2017
Jennifer B. from Prospect, CT signed.
Jun 15th, 2017
Mena R. from Staten Island, NY writes:
I was healthy, happy, energetic, and was living life. In 2007, I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo and was prescribed Lupron after I had a lap done. I have taken Lupron injections 3 times for a total of 13 months worth of injections. Since I have taken the injections, I have been diagnosed with various diseases and have absolutely zero quality of life! If I had known then what I know now, my life would be so different! Please see that Lupron is investigated and taken off the market before more women suffer from its' long term side effects that are only expected to last "3 to 6 months" from date of last injection. It has been far beyond 3 to 6 months and I'm still suffering and unfortunately, only getting worse with time! This drug is deadly and should not be used especially not for endo patients! Do what's right instead of being money hungry and save lives!
Jun 4th, 2017
Someone from Rockaway Beach, OR signed.
Jun 4th, 2017
Toby M. from Rockaway Beach, OR signed.
Jun 2nd, 2017
Kelli H. from Broken Arrow, OK signed.
May 30th, 2017
Debra R. from Gilroy, CA writes:
Lupron is a toxic catagory X drug
May 30th, 2017
Debra R. from Gilroy, CA writes:
Lupron is a toxic catagory X drug
May 29th, 2017
Maya N. from Mesa, AZ writes:
I am a mother of 2 and lupron is breaking my body down i cant work the company making it should be held responsible.
May 27th, 2017
Summer C. from Duluth, MN writes:
This drug has ruined many lives.... It shouldn't be used for the "treatment" of endometriosis This drug is poison, it has a lifetime usage of 12 months in totally Any other drug similiar to this drug in any form i.e. shot,pills etc need to be taken away for the treatment of endometriosis
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 26th, 2017
Matthew E. from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
May 25th, 2017
Amy M. from Chesapeake, VA writes:
What happened to the 30,000 plus signatures counted as of yesterday ????
May 25th, 2017
Amy M. from Chesapeake, VA writes:
Why was there over 30,000 signatures just yesterday and today the count is down 1/3 ! ????
May 24th, 2017
Jana N. from Salt Lake City, UT signed.
May 24th, 2017
Emily B. from Chesapeake, VA signed.
May 24th, 2017
AnThony D. from Virginia Beach, VA writes:
Ban Lupron
May 23rd, 2017
Sarah S. from Chesapeake, VA signed.
May 22nd, 2017
Brianna B. from Macomb, MI signed.
May 22nd, 2017
Christa I. from Chesapeake, VA signed.