END DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Please stop the messing with our schedules. It's an antiquated practice that only aggravates people. As it is Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgina Islands, and America Samoa do not participate in this practice.
Mar 25th, 2017
Juanita R. from Bremen, ME writes:
Changing the time upsets sleep, work, and leisure patterns. Makes you more tired as you try to adjust. Keep it simple; don't change the time. We can all be much happier, much happier, and more productive.
Mar 25th, 2017
Terree K. from Brick, NJ signed.
Mar 25th, 2017
Someone from Franklin, TN signed.
Mar 25th, 2017
Someone from Charleston, WV writes:
Daylight savings time was first enacted in 1918. 2018 would be the perfect year to move forward to Daylight Savings time for one last time and end the clock changing. I think most people are used to having extra daylight in the summer months and would prefer to be ahead one hour from now on. Even if it means being on standard time forever it would be a better compromise then switching twice a year. I will help support legislation in West Virginia.
Mar 25th, 2017
from Wells, ME writes:
For the sake of everyone's health, and to avoid adding any more stress to the lives of parents with young children, PLEASE STOP the practice of daylight savings time!!!!!
Mar 25th, 2017
Someone from San Lorenzo, CA writes:
Please stop this. There is no benefit. Messing up the every one's biological clock in my family! Twice a year is way too much!
Mar 24th, 2017
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
Linda G. from Chillicothe, IL writes:
Get rid of it. I like getting up with the sun, not in the dark
Jose G. from Leesburg, VA writes:
Please stop this already!
Someone from Dallas, TX writes:
In the US, ?Fast Time? as it was called then, was first introduced in 1918 when President Woodrow Wilson signed it into law to support the war effort during World War I. The initiative was sparked by Robert Garland, a Pittsburgh industrialist who had encountered the idea in the UK. Today he is often called the ?Father of Daylight Saving?. Only seven months, later the seasonal time change was repealed. However, some cities, including Pittsburgh, Boston, and New York, continued to use it until President Franklin D. Roosevelt instituted year-round DST in the United States in 1942. Please Please stop the time change. It wreaks havoc on our body clocks to change it every FIVE-SIX months...this cannot be healthy...what is the reason for it NOW?? All who have signed this are serious! Don't ignore us.
Canaan B. from Boston, GA writes:
Please stop changing our time! There is no benefit, only aggregation! Especially to us parents that have to deal with our children being grumpy and not getting enough sleep due to the time change!!
Someone from Bountiful, UT writes:
There is no reason to keep this going...none. STOP Daylight Savings!
Pamela S. from Tollhouse, CA writes:
Time to stop this ridiculous practice! Daylight savings time is dangerous to our health.
from Austin, TX writes:
Let's fall back to regular time permanently!
Mar 24th, 2017
Someone from Flint, TX signed.
Someone from Flint, TX writes:
Time change needs to stop. It throws me and many others off balance. It's not healthy. Please stop time change.
Mar 24th, 2017
Melinda C. from Modesto, CA signed.
Mar 24th, 2017
Joel P. from San Leandro, CA signed.
Mar 24th, 2017
Someone from Alpharetta, GA signed.
Someone from South Point, OH writes:
I don't understand why this is such a death march. Why could we not even try natural time for just one year, to see the difference? If there's nothing to be gained, why don't we scrap this? I would vote for any Presidential candidate who would do this.
Someone from South Point, OH writes:
Someone from Henderson, NV writes:
When we fall back an hour, the sun sets around 4:30 causijg my mood to change since I spend a significant amount of time in the dark
Someone from Campbell, CA writes:
There is an increase in car accidents the first week after we spring forward. Not to mention the myriad of other signs that we are all sleep deprived ... increase in stress levels, grumpiness, and attendance issues. Antiquated, unnecessary, and unsafe.
Someone from Scott, LA writes:
It should be left in the spring forward time!! Best ever having long days.
Melissa G. from Santa Monica, CA writes:
Changing our sleep wake cycle does not feel good. Especially for us who provide 24 hours care (nurses, doctors etc...). It takes me weeks to recover each time.
Mar 23rd, 2017
eileen b. from morristown, NJ writes:
DST comes way too early now, and makes me feel odd! It is not natural to be so light at night this time of year. I can feel the same vague effects every year and it is not healthy.
Mar 23rd, 2017
Pangi T. from Redford, MI signed.
John S. from Lone Wolf, OK writes:
**** Daylight losing time, and the antiquidated practice ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Donna H. from Export, PA writes:
It is time to move on from DST. It is confusing, useless, unhealthy, less safe and illogical in today's society. I don't know anyone who likes it except perhaps electric companies. Never, never have I heard someone say, "Great, It's DST. Now it will get become dark before I leave the office." Rather I hear universal complaints every single year.
Joslyn E. from Durango, CO writes:
Just as we are coming out of winter and getting more light in the mornings, this time change hits and makes it so those of us who have to get up early are getting up in the dark again. This is bad for our bodies and brains and bad for productivity. The days are naturally longer in the summer, there is NO NEED to artificially alter time! Please let's be on permanent standard time!!
Mar 23rd, 2017
Someone from Plano, TX signed.
Catherine E. from Spanaway, WA writes:
Parents of young children complain about how much it negatively affects their kids behavior due to sleep changed. Adults experience increased risk of health problems as well as accidents for the 3 weeks after each time change. It does not save energy, it just shifts the time of use. School kids only gain 2 weeks of morning daylight to walk to school in the fall and then they get 2 weeks of darker mornings in the spring. It makes no sense. PLEASE stop it this year. It has been a week and a half and my body is still messed up.
Mar 23rd, 2017
Lauren C. from Perkasie, PA signed.
Rosemarie P. from Freehold, NJ writes:
It is an unhealthy practice and difficult to adjust to. Totally unecessary
Someone from Portland, OR writes:
Please stop this madness!
Amanda D. from Painted Post, NY writes:
It's horrible. Make it stop.
Jason G. from Winchester, TN writes:
END DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME !!!!
Micah T. from Clovis, NM writes:
I have noticed that it takes almost a full month for me to gain even a foothold on the schedule change. It really messes up mine and my children's lives and affects the entire day for weeks on end. I absolutely hate this practice
Mar 23rd, 2017
Micah T. from Clovis, NM signed.
Donna G. from Sylvania, OH writes:
Yes, with daylight savings time, we have extra daylight at the end of the day, but then we have extra darkness at the beginning of the day which is dangerous for children walking to school, and in my case, walking my dog before going to work. Plus it wrecks havoc with my body clock.