END DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Please stop the messing with our schedules. It's an antiquated practice that only aggravates people. As it is Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, and America Samoa do not participate in this practice.
Mar 8th, 2019
Annabelle M. from Eugene, OR writes:
This whole thing about Daylight Saving Time is just plain unnatural! To be totally honest with you, it drives me mad! Being that I'm both totally blind and have Autistic Spectrum Disorder, I'm one of those girls who is resistant to change. And, I'm one of those girls who believes that Mother Earth (I don't believe in God, thank you), made our bodies to wake up with the sun, no matter what our clocks might say. Also, think of the poor farmers, whose cows, horses, pigs, sheep, chickens, and so on, are confused by the semi-annual madness of Spring Forward, Fall Back. Like me, the farmers and their animals don't care what time the clocks say, they wake up with the sun! I mean, in the spring and summer, I hear a rooster crow outside my window from the house behind my apartment building at 5:00 AM! Despite the fact that a law in Eugene, Oregon says that residents aren't allowed to have roosters in the city limits. Hens are OK, but roosters can get you in trouble! That is, unless of course you're a farmer. But then again, farms are usually out in the countryside. For me, this whole Daylight Saving Time is hard on me because it messes with my natural sleep patterns. It seems the only way I can adjust to Spring Forward is to go to bed at 9:00 when I usually go to bed at 10:00, and wake up at 4:23 when I usually wake up at 5:23. Another thing that drives me mad is I have to set my analog clocks an hour forward, because when Spring Forward begins, I'm an hour behind! When my alarm clock says 5:23, my computer's clock, which is on a satellite time server, automatically says 6:23! Even worse, I end up passing out in the afternoon when I want to stay awake. Then I end up staying awake for an hour and go to bed at 11:00 PM, when I usually go to bed at my regular time of 10:00 PM. Why can't we all just agree to stay on Standard Time? November 4, 2018 was the first night I slept well in 8 months! In 2015, I wrote a letter to all three senators in Oregon, and I got an answer saying that sure, Oregon can come off Daylight Saving Time, but it won't happen until 2021! That's ridiculous! Grrr it makes me grouchy in the mornings when we spring forward! I say stop it, and I say stop it now! I've got an idea. Why don't we, as a nation, all band together and make a movement to abolish this ridiculous, antiquated practice that is Daylight Saving time. Let's stop it before it even starts! Or, if we can't get rid of it altogether, let's make a plan to Spring Forward an hour for the three months of spring from March 20 to June 21, then go back an hour in the summertime, since the days are already longer in those months. Who's with me on that one?
Mar 8th, 2019
Cynthia P. from Lynnwood, WA writes:
It’s truly making people sick it’s not necessary and all it does is make for crabby people in this world it needs to seriously end. Plus they’re now proving that by not taking your meds at a certain time every day and having it switch it literally causes you severe medical issues no joke so let’s stop the madness end it now !!
Mar 8th, 2019
Dave S. from Elliston, VA writes:
End DST
Mar 8th, 2019
Bob H. from Rochester, NY writes:
There are some who feel year round DST is preferable to changing clocks twice a year. Original intent was to add daylight in the evening hours from last weekend of April to the last weekend in September, up through 1954 in NY state. Then, it got extended to late October starting in 1955. More expansion of the Federal DST period started in 1987 and again in 2007. Originally, under the "guise" of energy savings, lowered crime in the evenings. But lobbyists were at work and those special interest groups, such as the golf industry, barbeque industry, and shopping centers wanted more daylight in the evening. Well, they got their way. To the point we now only have about 150 nights/days of standard time. To deny morning daylight to commuters and school kids, from October up through March serves no purpose for their safety. Solution? There are one of two options: 1.) Put USA a half hour ahead of Standard time or half hour slower than daylight time, and keep it there permanently. 2) Or, keep the country on year round Standard Time. States such as Michigan and Indiana, should re-examine as to why they are observing Eastern instead of Central time. Same for most of Kentucky. Southern states take notice as well. Georgia should be on Central, as well as most if not all of Florida. Doubting that would ever happen, I believe the solution is the half hour adjustment, and keep it there. That is, GMT -4.5 for Eastern, GMT -5.5 for Central, etc.
DIANNE C. from Greeley, KS writes:
Please stop daylight savings time. It's time to keep standard time.
Someone from Arlington, TN writes:
I am totally opposed to daylight savings time change. It messes everyone and everything up. If God wanted the time to change, HE would have done it. It is senseless.
Someone from Collins, GA writes:
Standard time should be the only time we recognise, end this nonsense of daylight saving
Someone from Collins, GA writes:
Someone from Collins, GA writes:
Someone from Collins, GA writes:
Joseph D. from Des Moines, IA writes:
People who suffer from depression need more daylight, end the time change and add more daylight time!
Stanley E. from Elkhart, IN writes:
This system is outdated and no longer serves a purpose. Please stop putting millions of Americans through this every year.
Bob R. from Prudenville, MI writes:
Michigan is too far West to be in the Eastern Time Zone, who needs it light out at nearly 10 PM during the Summer. I prefer the morning light.
Steve H. from Burton, MI writes:
Daylight Savings Time actually increases electrical demand, as air conditioning has eclipsed lighting as the main use of electricity.
Maureen M. from Nanuet, NY writes:
Standard time is NATURAL TIME!!!!!! Leave it alone !!
Mike P. from Chesapeake, VA writes:
Yes! Let's all say never again to Daylight "Saving" Time!
Joy B. from Portales, NM writes:
PLease DROP DST !
Joy B. from Portales, NM writes:
PLease DROP DST !
Mar 6th, 2019
Dianisse P. from Schertz, TX writes:
Say no to permanent daylight savings time! That practice is ancient and no longer necessary! Didn't the U.S. had a year-round of daylight savings time! We've been there, done that! It's over! We must move on with this switch!
Mar 6th, 2019
Someone from Saratoga Springs, UT writes:
I have a toddler and an infant and, let me tell you, there's no rest for the weary when Daylight Craving Time comes to a screeching start. My kids can't read clocks. My toddler has woken up at the same time every day since she was two months old and has gone to bed at the same time too. To that end, during the long, dark winter months, she goes to bed extremely early and wakes up extremely early, thus destroying any chance mommy and I have to sleep in. At night, after a full day of dealing with her hijinx, my wife is ready to simply collapse as soon as the sun goes down, leaving no time for us to do something together. Even dinners hardly happen since, by the time those of us who can read a clock are ready to eat, our little girl's acting like Godzilla with our house the proverbial Tokyo. Then, the summer months come around and, due to my little one not adjusting to the new schedule, she demands to have every aspect of her daily ritual performed an hour later. It's frustrating to go from putting her to bed too early to eating dinner too late, but that's what you get when you have a bundle of joy. As for the newborn, his feeding schedule isn't going to change on Sunday when the clocks do. He's got no idea what a clock is, much less how it has a direct impact on daddy and mommy's life. In the end, my work hours get skewed, my family interaction gets thrown off and, just when we think we have gotten into good habits, we learn that DST starts on Sunday. With all of the misnomers, misinformation and misremembering about why we mess with a dimension outside of our physical understanding, we forget that time is only measured unto man, but babies, animals and nature itself aren't affected by red tape.
Mar 6th, 2019
Someone from Saratoga Springs, UT writes:
Mar 6th, 2019
cheese h. from Coventry, RI writes:
I like light in the morning, because it helps me wake up and start the day. Can we not mess with the natural order of things?
Mar 6th, 2019
Clayton O. from Chicago, IL writes:
This is cray, like just cray.. How does this shiz still happen? Cray I tell ya!
Mar 6th, 2019
Pat H. from Kasota, MN writes:
STOP...PLEASE...STOP! Changing the time messes up with my depression!
Mar 5th, 2019
Someone from Vancouver, WA writes:
Please stop this madness!
Mar 5th, 2019
Janet B. from Mountain View, MO writes:
I am so tired of this every, single, year!!! I can't sleep when it is light outside and I have to rise at 4:45 to get to work! This is VERY UNHEALTHY! Please Missouri! End this awful practice!
Mar 4th, 2019
Someone from Farmington, CT writes:
You lose actually 2 hours a day! 60 effin hours a month!
Mar 4th, 2019
Mike B. from Horicon, WI writes:
With all the technology we have people can adjust to the light factor where you live on this earth. I say leave time alone!
Mar 4th, 2019
Johnlee W. from Midway, GA writes:
Once again our idiot government proves you just can’t fix stupid.
Mar 4th, 2019
Johnlee W. from Midway, GA writes:
Once again our idiot government proves you just can’t fix stupid.
Mar 4th, 2019
Johnlee W. from Midway, GA writes:
Once again our idiot government proves you just can’t fix stupid.
Mar 4th, 2019
Johnlee W. from Midway, GA writes:
Once again our idiot government proves you just can’t fix stupid.
Mar 4th, 2019
john b. from Grand Rapids, MI writes:
if the time stays it will get light out by 4 am and night hours 9 pm dark - 10 pm when its night spring a head - people are out summer time
Mar 4th, 2019
Someone from Maryville, TN writes:
I work a weekend shift. This makes me have to get up at 3am instead of 4. That hour of sleep I loose is very draining
Mar 4th, 2019
Someone from Maryville, TN writes:
Mar 3rd, 2019
Greg Z. from Bensenville, IL writes:
When will the government start listening 2 the people. Soon, I hope.
Mar 3rd, 2019
Someone from Taylorsville, UT writes:
Let's stop messing with the clocks. I don't care which time we choose. Just stop. It wrecks our health. I see that there are thousands of people who agree with me. Why won't our elected officials take action? We don't deserve to suffer twice a year with this.
Mar 3rd, 2019
Someone from Scotch Plains, NJ writes:
Why "spring forward" when it is still winter? Almost half the country is covered in snow. At least move it to April again when the days are longer and morning travel isn't so treacherous in the cold dark.
Mar 3rd, 2019
Someone from Clearwater, FL writes:
l think that we should get rid of Daylight Saving Time, because it doesn`t accomplish anything. You have darker morning hours as well when the clocks go forward one hour, it effects people in the morning including myself. when l got to work. and having daylight saving time. Also if having Daylight Saving time year round aspecially in the winter would be a very dark morning hours. l think that Standard Time is the best, give or take. Also Standard Time is the correct time, NOT Daylight Saving time. President Lynden Bains Johnson signed the uniformed timed act in 1966 having to change the clocks back and forth, the flip flopping of time twice a year. It`s time to bring back Standard Time all year round<NOT Daylight Saving Time, even if daylight saving time were year round, Standard Time Only!
Mar 3rd, 2019
Denise B. from Monticello, GA writes:
Please stop daylight savings time. This affects our health.