Serve 65% of time in prison instead of 85% for non-violent crimes

Change the law for non-violent offenders to serve 65% of their time instead of 85%. Too much time is being giving to non-violent offenders. Most get more time than the person that killed, raped, molested, etc and it's not fair.. Fairness for everyone is all I'm seeking regardless of who you are. The law that's in effect now targets certain people.
2 days ago
Someone from Thorofare, NJ writes:
Once a plea has been taken it appears the entire sentence must be served. This is unfair as often the subject is urged to take a plea even if he wasn't guilty for fear he will get an even longer sentence if it goes to trial. I truly believe the 65% for all is fair.
2 days ago
Someone from Thorofare, NJ writes:
2 days ago
Someone from Thorofare, NJ writes:
2 days ago
Someone from Thorofare, NJ writes:
May 19th, 2019
Marcey G. from Palatka, FL signed.
May 9th, 2019
Diane O. from Lawrenceburg, IN writes:
Lawrenceburg Indiana is one of the roughest States there is. You get a public intoxication charge you'll stay six months to a year if you don't have bond money. It's totally ridiculous what they get away with in this town so yes I totally agree with 65%
May 7th, 2019
DEBORAH J. from Gainesville, FL signed.
May 5th, 2019
jimmy D. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
I really do think mind ages prisoners are doing too much time they should do 65% and not 85%
May 5th, 2019
Maria W. from Orlando, FL writes:
Especially in these little small towns like Martin County, they were trying to give my husband 12 years for attempted theft and possession of burglary tools we pleaded out to the judge and wrote letters. We got it down to 5 years, but I still think that's too much. I agree something needs to change.
May 1st, 2019
Jeffrey B. from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
For those who don't understand it's a financial gain to keep inmates in jail longer, that's why they took all programs out of prison
Apr 30th, 2019
Ebony W. from Auburndale, FL writes:
It used to be 65 percent for all that is the way it should be for all not just for some people
Apr 28th, 2019
Carin H. from Summerfield, FL writes:
Apr 28th, 2019
Carin H. from Summerfield, FL writes:
Apr 28th, 2019
Someone from Phoenix, AZ writes:
Yes, my husband needs us we have 2little ones he got 2 aggravated dui's and he got 7years thats BS. I think he shouldve got less years ridiculous. Hoping 65percent passes.. We need him especially we have 2 little ones.
Apr 24th, 2019
Marsha M. from Waynesville, NC writes:
It is absolutely ridiculous that baby rapper will serve less time your taking a child innocence but you try to make 20 dollars for you do years absolutely ********. Geneva Whitten Waynesville nc
Apr 24th, 2019
Marsha M. from Waynesville, NC writes:
Offenders that's not violent give them less time their children ,family's need them to close for offenders with drug charges less time in prison and get them help for their addictions
Apr 23rd, 2019
Lekietha J. from Bradenton, FL signed.
Apr 23rd, 2019
charlene d. from Palm Harbor, FL writes:
why are 1st time non violent offenders spending so much time in prison while serious violent offenders make deals for reduced sentences
Apr 23rd, 2019
charlene d. from Palm Harbor, FL writes:
Apr 23rd, 2019
charlene d. from Palm Harbor, FL writes:
Apr 23rd, 2019
charlene d. from Palm Harbor, FL writes:
Apr 22nd, 2019
Lataquwanda S. from Melbourne, FL writes:
This needs to be done at state levels and not just federal.
Apr 22nd, 2019
Denise C. from Port Charlotte, FL writes:
It is not fair that rapists and murderers get lesser sentences then drug addicts. My husband and I were both sentenced in 2007 for drug trafficking. My husband was sentenced to 3 yrs min, mandatory and I was sentenced to 2 yrs house arres, followed by 6 yrs felony drug offender probation, with a ten yr suspended sentence. Unlike popular belief, we were not saving money, we were supporting our habit. Were we doing wrong? YES!!!! HOWEVER we were not rich, we were drug addicts. My friend is currently serving ten yrs for the same charge and it is not fair. My husband and I have been clean since 2007, but that is only due to outside rehabilitation and counseling that we took upon ourselves, not incarceration. We are also grateful to the government's suboxen program, which has saved our lives. I am on disability , and my husband has a real job. We spend our spare time with our grandchildren and life is great. Please pass this 65% petition. Thank you
Apr 21st, 2019
Someone from Macclenny, FL writes:
Not all people that are arrested & convicted of violent crimes or any crime for that matter are guilty, there are alot of innocent people in jail & prison due to lack of proper investigation by law enforcement & they are excessively punished for crimes that they did not commit.
Apr 20th, 2019
Joyce W. from Panama City, FL signed.
Apr 20th, 2019
Natasha S. from High Point, NC writes:
I don’t think it’s fair for all the murderers and rapists to get less time than drug dealers. My husband has not been in trouble in over 15 years and they gave him 5-7 years. I know people who go to jail every year for the same drug charge and only get 1-2 years it’s not right. They took my husband from our kids
Apr 17th, 2019
Shamika J. from Jacksonville, FL writes:
Pass the Bill Non-violent offenders need relief .Prisons are crowded.Prisoners are barely being Fed.. The food is horrible.
Apr 17th, 2019
James B. from Orlando, FL writes:
I'm posting this from a Florida doc prison in the pan handle there are alot of good people who deserve another chance. Ya there are some scumbags in here for sure but overall just some people who got ****ed and I don't believe that everyone is innocent bs alot of people deserve to do there time but HFO 30 years mandatory for a 2nd degree felony is ****ed up...
Apr 7th, 2019
joyce r. from Tampa, FL writes:
prison reform is a joke in florida.wtf. really. people are in prison who should not be non violent drug offenders. there's no treatment in prison only punishment and that's not the answer people
Apr 7th, 2019
joyce r. from Tampa, FL writes:
Apr 4th, 2019
Tina J. from Defuniak Springs, FL writes:
I feel you should be sentence for your crime but I was way over sentenced 10 years for 55lortab 7.5
Apr 4th, 2019
Wendy B. from Defuniak Springs, FL writes:
I dont honestly know how you lawyers and judges can sleep at night knowing that u pamper to a child molester or rapist and go hard on others. My boyfriend got sentenced to three years. Same day they sentenced child molester with an admission of guilt to only eighteen months. As they say , ' money talks and ******** walks.' Was a damn good golf game for somebody . It sickens me.
Apr 1st, 2019
Gerrie H. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
We need to reform non violent offenders try training or rehab centers They don’t learn anything in prison
Apr 1st, 2019
Virginia R. from Fort Myers, FL signed.
Mar 31st, 2019
Andrea C. from Rio Rico, AZ writes:
Agee 65% law
Mar 28th, 2019
Natasha S. from High Point, NC signed.
Mar 28th, 2019
Dalia R. from Mission, TX writes:
Totaly Agree for 65% my kids miss their father
Mar 28th, 2019
Yasmin I. from Desoto, TX writes:
I agree less time for non-violent offenders
Mar 28th, 2019
Jamie A. from Billings, MT writes:
Absolutely!! Long over due!!!
Mar 25th, 2019
Stephanie from Orlando, FL writes:
Agree, the time of Pretrial should also be taken into some form of credit on time based on the life changing effects of pretrial waiting in some cases by the time a offender even reaches a trial they can be reformed. Courts are over loaded and prisons are over crowded by some who are potentially already reformed. Being in Prison can have a detrimental effect on loved ones effecting more than just the defendant or inmate.