Serve 65% of time in prison instead of 85% for non-violent crimes

Change the law for non-violent offenders to serve 65% of their time instead of 85%. Too much time is being giving to non-violent offenders. Most get more time than the person that killed, raped, molested, etc and it's not fair.. Fairness for everyone is all I'm seeking regardless of who you are. The law that's in effect now targets certain people.
Sep 21st, 2018
Bobbie W. from Bradenton, FL writes:
I have a brother who was wrongly sentenced because of his history he hadn't been in trouble in almost 10 yrs he was sentenced to 15 yrs...I also have my BOYFRIEND who was also wrongfully sentenced because of his history. he hadn't been in trouble 7 yrs they were both bogus..I wish they would do something its not fair . this would be awesome these ppl can come home and be with their families.
Sep 20th, 2018
Joseph A. from Orlando, FL writes:
65% is the best idea ever stop screwing peoples lifes up
Sep 11th, 2018
Mary M. from Clermont, FL writes:
My daughter is serving 5 yrs after 4 1/2 yrs on probation out of 5. Dirty urine 29 points 6 yr suspended sentence I agree 65% early release for non violent all within reason deserve that chance. How can an addict be Rehabiltate in prison. Change Florida laws it's past time for a change.
Sep 11th, 2018
Mary M. from Clermont, FL writes:
Sep 5th, 2018
TONYA M. from DAVENPORT, IA writes:
release all non-violent offenders.. drug dealers are not criminals like all the murders,molesters that are walking these streets.
Sep 3rd, 2018
V H. from Ocala, FL writes:
Release all non violent and keep the killers and molesters and abusers
Sep 3rd, 2018
V H. from Ocala, FL writes:
Release all non violent and keep the killers and molesters and abusers
Sep 3rd, 2018
V H. from Ocala, FL writes:
Release all non violent and keep the killers and molesters and abusers
Sep 1st, 2018
Cynthia A. from Terre Haute, IN writes:
Cynthia Allen-Sparks
Aug 27th, 2018
Laquest L. from Columbia, SC writes:
I think that everyone deserves a second chance
Aug 20th, 2018
Luama P. from Gallipolis Ferry, WV writes:
I think the non violent offenders should receive a 35% credit verses a 15% decrease for all inmates.
Aug 20th, 2018
Luama P. from Gallipolis Ferry, WV writes:
Aug 18th, 2018
CRYSTAL B. from Orange city, FL signed.
Aug 11th, 2018
Michelle R. from Westwego, LA writes:
Yes everyone deserves a chance in life
Aug 10th, 2018
Someone from Brownsville, TX writes:
Fair is fair they deserve less time than the real criminals!
Aug 10th, 2018
Someone from Brownsville, TX writes:
Fair is fair they deserve less time than the real criminals!
Aug 10th, 2018
Someone from Brownsville, TX writes:
Fair is fair they deserve less time than the real criminals!
Aug 9th, 2018
Someone from Vassar, MI writes:
This should have been changed many years ago and also billions of dollars ago. Rehabilitation instead of incarceration! Non violent prisoners should be given alot less time than rapists or murderers by far! I cannot believe this isn't a law yet! Its rediculas in my opinion that non violent inmates dont get less time, especially when they have been proving themselves able to be rehabilitated. This needs attention asap and needs to be changed asap!
Aug 8th, 2018
Someone from West Palm Beach, FL writes:
I really feel they should lower it to 65%. My husband was given 30 years for a non-violent crime. Took it back to coury and they took off 15 years. So now he has done 9 years to long already for really something he did not do. They had no evidence on him just him being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel that he has done more thanhe should have . Plz pass this bill and give them a second chance.
Aug 7th, 2018
Sonia M. from Mcallen, TX writes:
With all due respect I feel that the only way to understand this bill and appreciate it is to put yourself in the shoes of an inmate. It's really very simple . You can choose to be on an island vs a prison tank. Your choice. The other choice you get to make is the type of people you will be living with until you are either released or rescued .( depending on where you choose to vacay) Me personally, I choose to have my cellie or Gilligan be a first time non -violent offender. Actually I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say I would much rather have a Gilligan as a roommate, or cellie instead of a PeeWee Herman, or the Subway guy. Or even worse a Charles Manson. I have one better for you. If your kids had to to be in a cell or island what type of individuals would you select. And I say kids for the simple fact that it isn't real until you get that call.When your 18 year old hits the county or even worse ,their tank. The last thing you want is for them to be locked up with a potpourri of inmates. I.e., pedos, the aggravated and violent group, the rapists or serial killers that have been to the rodeo on numerous occasions. And guess what, with the overpopulation of prisons nowadays, you get thrown in to whatever tank is available . There's is no tracking system to keep the non violent offenders separate from the violent offenders. May God help our youth when they land in the aggravated tank. I hope to have made my point. People ask for drugs. People and kids do not ask to get raped, molested or beat. The likelihood of first time offenders being able to re enter society is much greater than a violent offender for the simple fact that the first time offender more than committed the crime to survive or care for their loved ones. I'm not justifying much less giving grounds. What I am saying is that there is still a sense of motivation to provide that is not just for themselves but for others. Now for the other group I cannot say the same. I see the other group like a vampire that has tasted blood. And that will never have a good ending for that individual much less for our society.
Jul 31st, 2018
Someone from Kansas City, MO writes:
yes truely that is just to much time for non violent crime, my son is in prision for non violent crimes an it the lowest letter ones
Jul 31st, 2018
Someone from Kansas City, MO writes:
Jul 31st, 2018
Someone from Gainesville, GA writes:
Let this pass its hard to have someone away from home and that is not a violent person but is a mom and a grandmother, its not just younger people that get in trouble but older people do to and sometimes the older ones need to have time cut as well as younger people let the older get home soon to live there older years comfortably and let the younger ones get out to hopefully turn there life around and do better all in all only time will tell on how a person is going to do on the outside but you have to give them that chance if they mess up again they don't get another chance they sit..
Jul 27th, 2018
Someone from Beaumont, CA writes:
My brother got 15 years and my family is all broken up he never did any jail time before and they gave him 15 years this cant be fair he going to have to do 85% just thinking of it hurts me i know he broke the law but 15 years wow when they give murders less time and predators no time it really hurts please fix this federal system think about the families not just the one mistake that breaks us up
Jul 26th, 2018
Lashonda D. from Henderson, NC writes:
I miss my son as much. First time away from me. No he is not perfect and only beening home a year he see what mom and dad was trying to tell him. It’s crazy how person can murder someone on nothing and gets no time but when.l it come to drugs they get thrown under the jail. Just not understanding the system. Please pass this year. So many people beening more punish that’s why jail and prison overcrowded and understaffed. Not safe for inmates nor staff.
Jul 17th, 2018
Someone from Porter Corners, NY writes:
My son has never been in trouble for anything before. I was told by the courts that he’s a good kid who made an “unfortunate but terrible mistake” but the law is the law. So he was sentenced to four years in prison. Yeah, four years for an innocent mistake. Please reform and make the punishment fit the crime and history. My son didn’t deserve any of this. Missing my son who’s states away, broken hearted and let down by the flawed system.
Jul 16th, 2018
Tammy D. from Lagrange, KY writes:
Any update yet I just want my man home he has been locked up since 2014. Its hard him being away from his family he us a good distance from home hard to visit when i want Bring Jeffrey Dewayne Martin #203925 Home to me. Mr Trump. I just ask you to let him be one that you let leave Lee Adjustment Center Soon,
Jul 15th, 2018
Tammy D. from Lagrange, KY writes:
Please let this pass in Kentucky so my fiancee can come home he has done his time
Jul 15th, 2018
howard o. from Miami, FL writes:
IS THERE any update, yet.?? does anyone know? i am googling now to try and find out, it is hard to find anything about this. PLEASE HELP ME, thank you!
Jul 15th, 2018
Claudia J. from Lakeland, FL writes:
PLEASE PASS THIS LAW! PLEASE GIVE A SECOND CHANCE FOR NON VIOLET CRIMES. FLORIDA BEHIND THE TIMES FOR REHABILITATION AND REFORM!!! HAVE MERCY!
Jul 8th, 2018
Ticara E. from Washington, DC writes:
Yes this needs to be passed! Bring our fathers, brothers and spouses home!
Jul 7th, 2018
April C. from Terre Haute, IN writes:
I agree 65% is more then enough time. Pass the law.
Jul 7th, 2018
Jeremy L. from Saint Rose, LA writes:
Jail should be for reform. Please let this pass for inmate can have a second chance at a life.
Jul 6th, 2018
Someone from Woodlake, CA signed.
Jul 5th, 2018
Doreen P. from Gretna, LA writes:
Please let this action past they are non violent . They just want to come home and raise there children to better citizens and give the chance to make better decisions then they have made. These are our love ones!!!
Jul 4th, 2018
Natasha S. from High Point, NC signed.
Jul 4th, 2018
Rafael P. from Miami, FL writes:
Nonviolent federal crimes should serve 65 %, they deserve a second chance
Jul 4th, 2018
Ydalmys S. from Miami, FL writes:
Please, pass this law, in prison there are many people who deserve a second chance
Jul 3rd, 2018
Natasha S. from High Point, NC writes:
Please pass the law it’s so many kids going without there mom or father for nonviolent crimes
Jul 3rd, 2018