Serve 65% of time in prison instead of 85% for non-violent crimes

Change the law for non-violent offenders to serve 65% of their time instead of 85%. Too much time is being giving to non-violent offenders. Most get more time than the person that killed, raped, molested, etc and it's not fair.. Fairness for everyone is all I'm seeking regardless of who you are. The law that's in effect now targets certain people.
Jan 9th, 2019
Someone from Jacksonville, FL writes:
My son is a first time offender and they are trying to give him 20 years to life for a roost rage incident involving a 40+ year old man that was bullying a car full of teenagers. Talking about victim’s rights. I have lost all respect for the juvenile justice system. Mind you my son is mixed and the victim is Caucasian.
Jan 8th, 2019
Jessecca D. from Saint Petersburg, FL writes:
My love was sentenced to a 12 year sentence to do 85% on a first time ever charge thats crazy.
Jan 7th, 2019
Ashlee B. from Mcalester, OK writes:
My Guy was given 30 years and an 85% sentence on a first time offense... we are fighting hate to get things overturned but in Oklahoma we are the 2nd to the highest incarceration rate in the US. Ridiculous is not even the word for it... he has letters from counselors and guards and has been the highest security lever for over 5 years now but the judge would not even look at any of the recommendation letter or people that too their time out of their day to come to court to tell them that he don’t need to be locked up anymore...
Jan 6th, 2019
Rachel E. from Casa Grande, AZ signed.
Jan 2nd, 2019
gaylan t. from Tucson, AZ writes:
We are Americans we all deserve a chance God bless us all
Jan 2nd, 2019
Elaine T. from Tucson, AZ writes:
My daughter 15 years old is currently serving 5 years in prison for a non dangerous non repetitive crime she has never been in trouble been in trouble before seeing what happened to this CHILD has made me loose complete faith in the az justice system Arizona's punishments are too harsh especially with first-time offenders with very little way for a person to reintegrate themselves into society which leads a person with a higher probability of going back to prison which keeps the taxpayers in a vicious cycle of having to pay for people going back to prison this is just a vicious cycle for the taxpayers and the prisoners that have been released most prisoners have nothing to come back to or nothing to go home to so they have to be given away to reintegrate and to society so they can do things right when they do get out into society
Dec 29th, 2018
Someone from Jacksonville, FL writes:
I think if it is not a murder or a violent rape the time you have to serve is 65%.
Dec 28th, 2018
Someone from Norfolk, VA writes:
Free the non-violent! My future fiancee is serving, has served almost 4yrs come December 2019 for probation violation and petty larceny. She has three children that is missing her and needing her daily. Her mother health is not great to continue to provide and care for them like she need to. Her some is troubling, which he's currently in the group home. Please free her early...her children need her.
Dec 27th, 2018
Jason N. from Martell, NE writes:
I agree their is a lot of non violent offenders doing to much time leave it for the hardened criminals. So e of us have already change before serving time and still have to go serve 10 years .
Dec 27th, 2018
Jason N. from Martell, NE writes:
Dec 27th, 2018
Gina M. from Marengo, IL writes:
I agree..only serious deadly dangerous offenders need to stay in jail_prison.
Dec 26th, 2018
Kristen G. from Pensacola, FL signed.
Dec 26th, 2018
misty c. from Wadesboro, NC writes:
I know for a fact the incarceration process in nc state prisons only teach them how to come out and do it differently. The ones that change are stuck in there with ones that get a slap on the wrist and are back again and again. please pass this law. my fiance has been in there 2 1/2 yrs and this was his first drug related offense, but the ones that have been in there time and time again are getting 6months for their 3rd and fourth time. I dont get it how can you sentence people with drug abuse problems to prison their first time instead of a good treatment facility. In my opinion the government has failed its people you have created the drugs they abuse and then when they figure out how to get it themselves you shove them in prisons with rapist murderers child molesters the worst of the worst when you could have sent them to a real rehabilitation facility with the money youre investing into make them career criminals. Many of the ones that my fiance try to witness to tells him that they have a new spin on it this time and when they get out they doing it again. He just walks away because he is done with that mistake. im not going to hide my identity either i am not scared and the truth is welcome in the eyes of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Sorry if that offends anyone but it is past time that we stop getting offended by what others say or the color of skin, or the sex of the person speaking. It is high time to go back to In God We Trust we have forgot he is the reason we breathe and our heartbeats. So if you want a better America you first need to take care of the ones in America, stop making it all about the government.
Dec 26th, 2018
misty c. from Wadesboro, NC writes:
Dec 22nd, 2018
Danny L. from Kittrell, NC writes:
My Grandson should be out of prison already.He made a stupid mistake for his best friend.
Dec 21st, 2018
Someone from Spring Hill, FL writes:
Yes pass this bill.. Some learn some don't but regardless those who finally say enough are trapped. I've been there I've changed my life because of this. Help them
Dec 21st, 2018
Someone from Spring Hill, FL writes:
Dec 21st, 2018
Someone from Henrico, VA writes:
Yes pass this bill....
Dec 21st, 2018
Someone from Punta Gorda, FL writes:
Yes!!! Pass this! The amount of people in prison for nonviolent charges is INSANE and cruel! I am for this 1,000%
Dec 21st, 2018
Judith M. from Garner, NC writes:
I honestly believe 65% is definitely enough time.There is no such thing as rehabilitation in a prison institution, being given the chance to be in society and prove themselves is the best thing.
Dec 20th, 2018
Someone from Camden, NJ writes:
Yes I believe 65% of the time served it’s good enough!! Ppl with harse crimes murder hate crimes definitely dealing with children get less time than a simple non violent or minor drug offense & that’s sad!!
Dec 20th, 2018
Someone from Camden, NJ writes:
Dec 19th, 2018
Joyce J. from Cameron, NC signed.
Dec 19th, 2018
Judith M. from Garner, NC writes:
65% of the time is ENOUGH FOR NON VIOLENT OFFENDERS!!
Dec 19th, 2018
naquirah g. from Trenton, NJ writes:
My mom is in prison and she 85 we want to know more
Dec 19th, 2018
Mike G. from Mesa, AZ writes:
I don't understand why the 65% rule didn't pass in AZ. The prisons are way over crowded. According to a female I know and write to often is always telling me how a two person cell is actually being used by three women. At night I guess they have to choose which of the three is going to sleep on the floor. Not because I want her out, but these are a little extreme conditions.
Dec 18th, 2018
Cristina V. from Hollywood, FL signed.
Dec 18th, 2018
Someone from Hollywood, FL writes:
Have they passed it yet???? My husband has been serving time since 2012 for a non violent crime. He needs to come home just as well as everyone else with non violent charges. They need a second chance.
Dec 17th, 2018
Someone from West Palm Beach, FL writes:
Did the law pass yet
Dec 17th, 2018
Someone from West Palm Beach, FL writes:
Did the law pass yet
Dec 16th, 2018
Daddy’s G. from Decatur, GA writes:
Pass the bill and free my father!!!
Dec 15th, 2018
JANE L. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
IT'S TIME TO DO SOMETHING. DRAIN THE SWAMP PASS IT.
Dec 14th, 2018
Barbara D. from Tucson, AZ writes:
My daughter is in jail over 52 dollars. She got 3.5 yrs. Thats rediculous.
Dec 14th, 2018
Barbara D. from Tucson, AZ writes:
My daughter is in jail over 52 dollars. She got 3.5 yrs. Thats rediculous.
Dec 14th, 2018
Rene S. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
Pass it
Dec 14th, 2018
Rene S. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
I say we should pass this law.
Dec 13th, 2018
Someone from Winston Salem, NC writes:
Dec 13th, 2018
Someone from Portland, OR writes:
first time offenders get more time then repeat offenders and measure 11 was not well thought up it has just caused more money and over crowding and grief
Dec 13th, 2018
Someone from Leland, NC writes:
Pass it
Dec 13th, 2018
Someone from Bluefield, WV writes:
Pass the 65 percent! Inmates that have crimes against children get less time that a drug charge!