Serve 65% of time in prison instead of 85% for non-violent crimes

Change the law for non-violent offenders to serve 65% of their time instead of 85%. Too much time is being giving to non-violent offenders. Most get more time than the person that killed, raped, molested, etc and it's not fair.. Fairness for everyone is all I'm seeking regardless of who you are. The law that's in effect now targets certain people.
May 1st, 2018
Gaylan T. from Flagstaff, AZ writes:
Dear congressman I sign this petition in hopes that someone will take serious the debt that Arizona is in due to the overpopulated overcrowded prison and the flood system we are under having non dangerous nonviolent criminals in prison for 5 plus years and extremely violent criminals in prison only for 2 years does not seem to make a whole lot of sense the overcrowding is due to keeping non-dangerous non-violent criminals in the system and not giving them some kind of reward system to move forward with their life
Apr 24th, 2018
Elaine T. from Winslow, AZ writes:
My daughter 15 years old was put in prison for a crime she did not commit but 5 full grown men commited she is still keeping god close to her even though most would of just gave up on the idea of god i love her and she has a beautiful soul
Apr 24th, 2018
Auzerria J. from Charleston, SC writes:
My dad is a loving person just got caught up in some mess he took care of his family my mom missed him so much as do my sister's and I send my Dad home illya wright we love you change your Laws... He has nonviolent charges
Apr 24th, 2018
Essence W. from COLUMBIA, SC writes:
I totally agree my husband is also down at the moment for burglary second charges nonviolent I just pray that things change with the system they get treated worse than animals I believe in second chances send our men and women home....
Apr 20th, 2018
Airick C. from Blytheville, AR writes:
I am in prison with a 188mo sentence for conspiracy to distribute meth.never was caught with any!!!
Apr 19th, 2018
Someone from Perth Amboy, NJ writes:
If we all were to stand up and fight this ..then something could be done .....but since we aint going against them thats why ....we all get ****ed with the system.....cause we let them get away with this ******** ...prosecutor aint shit....
Apr 14th, 2018
Someone from Port Charlotte, FL writes:
My husband was sentenced to 8 1/2 yrs with no background never been in prison ever the thing he did was to save our son my husband is no criminal never did anything don't belong there left me his wife and 7 yr old adpoted daughter he is a family man please send him home we are from port charlotte fl
Apr 12th, 2018
Someone from Labelle, FL writes:
My family and I are suffering right now because of my Fiancé was taken from her daughter and home and sentenced to 36 months// 3 years for a woman that has No history of anything. The State of Florida Prosecuting Attorney did Not nudge at all , they gave her the 36 months but instead they could of gave her 21months. She begged for probation, community service, House arrest, reduction of sentencing. They didn’t care and gave her max of 36months. We need help?? This woman needs to be home with her daughter. She is deeply remorseful and sadend. Non violent affenders don’t need prison time. Please help and change this?
Apr 12th, 2018
Someone from Labelle, FL writes:
My Fiancé is 41 years old and she has NO Priors at all. She is single mom with a 8 year old little girl, and her daughter’s father committed Sucide when she was 5 yes old. She made one mistake in her life only. And they just sentenced her on March 6,2018 for 36 months. 3 years. Now the state prison system just took this little minor Child without her mom now. Both parents gone. There is NO reason to put this mom into prison for 3 years. Give her house arrest and probation ????
Apr 7th, 2018
Someone from Laredo, TX writes:
Their are alot of families like myself that have been through a family of domestic violence, CPS, not being raised with parents.. I always promised my self i would break that chain and have a loving home example for my children after 18 years of doing it my spouse did a mistake that can change our lifes... Not saying he should not get punished but should get a break To stop our future our children that we do get chances cycle can be changed... God will make this petition happen of our loved ones.. God bless each of you.
Apr 5th, 2018
Denisha J. from Saint Paul, MN signed.
Apr 5th, 2018
Tammy S. from Lawton, OK writes:
Yes 65% is long enough! Prisons are over crowded
Mar 30th, 2018
Someone from Fort Worth, TX writes:
For my love who made the mistake of being brought here as a baby but not the advantage of being born here ❤️
Mar 29th, 2018
Erica N. from Allentown, PA writes:
They should be entitled a second chance, many are doing more time than inmates with violent crime, where is the fairness. Let them go already, many have done more than 50% of their time and deserve an opportunity to be free again.
Mar 29th, 2018
Erica N. from Allentown, PA writes:
Mar 26th, 2018
Jessica D. from Wise, VA writes:
For my fiancé who only made a bad decision and got 10 yrs. getting married this year regardless.
Mar 23rd, 2018
Anthony E. from Leesburg, FL writes:
For a friend in prison for 5yrs for dwls
Mar 23rd, 2018
Alfred S. from Leesburg, FL writes:
For my sister in prison with cancer
Mar 20th, 2018
Someone from Sarasota, FL writes:
Yes needs to be reduced!! ASAP
Mar 18th, 2018
Yan C. from Cockeysville, MD writes:
Agreed 65%
Mar 15th, 2018
Someone from Charlotte, NC writes:
Continue: mass incarceration should paroned non-violent crimes State and Federal offenders.
Mar 14th, 2018
Someone from Henrico, VA writes:
agreed to 65%
Mar 11th, 2018
Someone from High Point, NC writes:
Agreed 65%
Mar 5th, 2018
Dave S. from Gilbert, AZ signed.
Mar 5th, 2018
Brittany W. from Gilbert, AZ writes:
There are FAR too many People in State prisons Serving Ridiculous amounts of time for Non Violent Crimes and even some that are first Offenders that could be Contributing to Our society and Economy... Instead WE as tax payers continue to have to Support these offenders. My Mother is in Prison in Arizona for a White Collar crime. It is her First offense, she served our country in the United States Navy and her Sentence is a Ridiculous 3 YEARS! Most people in The Prison System shouldn’t be there... WHY are we forcing these inmates to go through these strenuous Senteces instead of putting them back out into Society to Help our economy instead of Hindering It!?.... Look Around World!
Mar 3rd, 2018
Arleen B. from Pinellas Park, FL writes:
Change the law for non-violent offenders to serve 65% of their time instead of 85%. Make this retroactive, bring families back together. We the families of loved ones in state prison in Florida are also doing the time, Florida needs a drastic change in its sentencing guidelines, now is when listen to your taxpayers 85% to 65% is a must !!!
Mar 1st, 2018
Christine G. from Sheridan, OR signed.
Feb 26th, 2018
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
65% is a must
Feb 23rd, 2018
Someone from Pearland, TX writes:
I totally agree ! Vouching for my father . A non violent offender himself . There’s murders rapist thieves etc. who roam the streets daily harming innocent people yet they’re completely looked over !
Feb 17th, 2018
Someone from Columbia, SC writes:
It’s time for a change. These men need a second chance at life and especially nonviolent offenders. Prison is what turns a nonviolent person into a violent one. A lot of inmates are locked up for long years over something they did wrong as a youngster and have now grown up and ready for a second chance. They mature and outgrow and learn from mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance
Feb 16th, 2018
Anna R. from Oceano, CA writes:
Did they law pass?
Feb 14th, 2018
David M. from Gilbert, AZ writes:
Has this passed?!?!
Jan 31st, 2018
Kari W. from Melbourne, FL writes:
I absolutely agree. Why waste government/state money on good people that might have made one bad decision? The justice system has very little justice... the persons character, their history, circumstances, and intent are hardly even considered, if at all, it's all a numbers game and offenders are not treated as people. The sentences are set up to punish rather than educate and rehabilitate. Why not use that money elsewhere and let good men and women, who made one mistake, go back to their families and go back to being productive members of society.
Jan 14th, 2018
Lorraine M. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
I totally agree ...punish them who rape molest children ...murders etc ...give others an opportunity to cone out n start a new life ..everyone deserves a chance especially when its there first time in prison
Jan 14th, 2018
Lorraine M. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
Jan 14th, 2018
Lorraine M. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
Jan 14th, 2018
Someone from Whittier, CA writes:
I agree, you allow murders, child molesters and rapists to walk free with less time. It's crazy the way the law works and someone who steals food in a grocery stole gets more time in prison to you robbery is worse than someone being murdered. All crimes are bad but I just think the laws need to be revamped, the health care of inmates is ridiculous especially in Arizona so many inmates have died in prison they have them living in tents in Florence prison with serious medical conditions. It's crazy. They don't have the funding to take care of them medically but want to keep them incarerated they are people they are someone's family. People make mistakes in life find programs to make them better you make them worse in there.
Jan 14th, 2018
ANGELA T. from Largo, FL signed.
Jan 13th, 2018
Yuni M. from Tampa, FL writes:
I agree with this bill they need to be released soon. There are criminals child molestors etc with less time is not fair. I hope this takes effect this year and release these non violent offenders. There families need them. Thank you
Jan 13th, 2018
Ashley G. from Anderson, SC writes:
I agree with this bill to let offenders out early. There are a lot if good people locked up who have learned by their mistakes and need a 2nd chance. Please pass this bill. There are not bear of prison staff to even run and take care if the prisons. They deserve a 2nd chance and their families do also. They do deserve to get out after serving 65% or less. PLEASE help these peopl6. There are A LOT of good people locked up who have learned from their mistakes and they need their lives and families back. Thank you.