Serve 65% of time in prison instead of 85% for non-violent crimes

Change the law for non-violent offenders to serve 65% of their time instead of 85%. Too much time is being giving to non-violent offenders. Most get more time than the person that killed, raped, molested, etc and it's not fair.. Fairness for everyone is all I'm seeking regardless of who you are. The law that's in effect now targets certain people.
Dec 13th, 2018
NaToya J. from Richmond, VA writes:
PASS THE 65% LAW for all our non-violent offenders. It’s time for change!! So many families that our discouraged because there loved ones aren’t treated fairly in the system.
Dec 12th, 2018
Someone from newark, NJ writes:
Pass the law 65%
Dec 10th, 2018
Leteaka T. from Atlanta, GA writes:
Pass THE LAW! To 65%
Dec 9th, 2018
Sandra A. from Reidsville, NC signed.
Dec 9th, 2018
vansheika h. from Petersburg, VA writes:
i want the law to pass !
Dec 4th, 2018
Tasha B. from Gaithersburg, MD writes:
I would like to see the law pass to 65 percent
Nov 16th, 2018
nicole s. from Avondale, AZ writes:
Almost 4 years ago my step daughter passed away, my husbands only child at the time (besides my 1 year old daughter at the time that he is in the process of adopting) and my husband unfortunately instead of dealing with his pain he drowned in it and succumbed to a pill addiction. Sadly he was getting himself scripts illegally and had to face the consequences. He was clean and sober a year before he was caught or even investigated. He volunteered and taught soccer at our local church. And we were raising our family of 6 together (I have 3 daughters, and during all this we had a son together he is now 2). He was yanked from our lives leaving 4 crying children fatherless and a wife to pick up the pieces. I know that him leaving is more detrimental to his recovery than him being taken away.
Nov 8th, 2018
Someone from Council Bluffs, IA writes:
My fiancé Was charged 15 years or conspiracy in resulting in a death. Sad thing is she didn’t even give the boy the drugs her boyfriend at the time did an he amid To it to the prosecutor and judge . She took the one boy to the hospital and by the time she came back it was too late for the second kid. She never been in trouble her whole life. Yeah she did have a drug problem which she finally getting help for. But 15yrs for someone who was guilty by association is wrong. I know so many drugs dealers who keep going in n out of there still didn’t get that much time or drunk drivers killing someone only getting a couple of yrs have you ask me our whole system is whack it makes no sense. something has to change.
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Pensacola, FL writes:
Back in 2013 my fiancé went to apply for a shotgun to go huntin. As he was filling out the application at our local Walmart, he came across a section that stated if he was a convicted felon. He checked no. Now, before going to apply for this gun, we went to the clerk of courts, and FDLE to see if he was a convicted felon, we have documentation stating he was NOT a convicted felon. Also, a family friend looked him up in the system and showed no flags on him stating he wasn’t suppose to have a gun. So back to the story, he finished the application. It denied him. He asked the associate why and the associate stated he will get a letter in the mail for an appeal, never received the gun roughed the gun, nothing! so fast forward 9 months. Me and our son who was almost 2 at the time were at home. 2 deputy sheriffs start beating on my door. When I answered they asked for my fiancé, who was working out of town, I stated he’s not here can I help y’all with anything. They said he has a warrant for his arrest. I asked them why. He stated for falsifying information on an application of a firearm. Which the deputy that told me that he was the one who put out the warrant, it was under his descresion. He did not have to put it out. But anyways, I showed him why he put that, all of the documents stating he wasn’t a convicted felon. He tells me, that until the age of 24 he is considered a juvenile delinquent, which is the same thing as a convicted felon. At this time he was 23 about to be 24 in a few months. Now you tell me, where in the heck has that ever been stated because when he finished his program when he was 19 the judge stated that there is no longer any jurisdiction he could do because his juvenile age has exhausted. Being told that by a judge..you think you are no longer considered a juvenile. He goes to jail, we hire a lawyer..the stated wanted to give him 5 years in prison.. for what??? Because that was the max sentence. Lawyer got him 3 years probation, when this should of been thrown OUT!!! Come to find out the juvenile age changes every 2 -4 years. So when he was 19 the age was 19 and it’s change 3 times since. This is not RIGHT! The is trying to get someone hemmed up. Everyone who has been affected by juvenile records, if bills/laws or anything change change they should be notified by certified mail, if they are within that age group or time frame. Honestly I am curious how many innocent people this has happened to. Now, do to certain circumstances, probation is a load of crap. Everyone knows that it’s a waiting game, wanting for someone to mess up, he is having to be without his family for way longer than he should. 2 years is a ridiculous amount of time for something so petty. Molesters, Killers, they all usually get a slap on the hand and get out in less time than that. We need to speak up about the laws and government attacking people wrongfully. Please help! If there is anyone out where reading this that knows anything about this stupid charge, please let me know! Reach out to me!!!
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Banning, CA writes:
My son got a year sentence to him for a DUI in Arizona I believe that is way too harsh for a young man that did not even commit the crime and was charged for it how do I get some help finding out how we can reduce his sentence
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Banning, CA writes:
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Banning, CA writes:
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Banning, CA writes:
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Banning, CA writes:
Nov 3rd, 2018
Desirae M. from Tucson, AZ writes:
My husband Christopher Peil is being wrongfully convicted for a Dui that happened on April 1st, 2017. We were not husband and wife at the time, but it was him, I and another male in the vehicle. I accidentally turned out way to wide and was on the wrong side of the road. There was no traffic accept for one vehicle and it happened to be a police vehicle. He shined his spot light at me and I immediately got off the road and turned down a neighborhood street. At some point before I stopped the 3rd person in the vehicle jumped out and ran. Christopher jumped into the back and I jumped onto the passenger seat. The cop hurting me yelling that I wasn’t switching with him which was true but I was telling him I wouldn’t switch with him and couldn’t let him get in trouble for me. Once the cop approached the vehicle I freaked out and lied to save myself because all I could think about was my daughter. I also wanted to be with Chris at the time but he didn’t want to be committed yet and was seeing other people as well was I. So I figured well if he’s in jail he can’t be with anyone. We were all drinking and I was scared. They pulled Christopher out of the backseat and put handcuffs on him before reading him his rights or anything. One cop questioned me and I lied and everything that happened I told him was Chris and that Chris was driving not knowing they would be trying to give him 10 years in prison. They didn’t even breathalyze me and just believed me and assumed it was Chris because he was on parole and had a prior dui. Once I found out how much time he was facing and how I would be destroying my best friends life, I told the truth. He had no idea what happened that night the next morning and I let him believe he was the driver and he honestly thought he was. I told my parents the first night as soon as I was home with my daughter. I told Chris first lawyer about 2 weeks maybe less after he was in jail. It was even before his first court date. His lawyer did nothing and told him to turn down his first plea because it was a scare tactic and that he would be offered another one. While in jail there was a phone call of him insinuating that if someone else were to take the blame than it would change everything. That was before he actually knew there already was someone else driving. He said those things because he was scared so would anyone else in his position. They used that in the court to find him guilty. The prosecutor said I only said I was driving to get him out because we were together now. No I told the truth because I felt guilty everyday and my parents kept telling me I couldn’t let someone innocent suffer for me. Also because I was told all I could get was a misdemeanor so I wasn’t scared anymore. I also knew that now I could tell the truth and he would be out and we would be together. Crazy and sad I know. He got out on bail August 1st , 2017 and we figured we could fight it together from the outside. Well he had trial a couple weeks ago, was found guilty and is now in Pima county jail waiting for sentencing. The minimum he can get is 10 years for a crime he didn’t commit. We just got married January 11th 2018. We just had a son. He was born on August 18th, 2018. I also have a daughter that he is adopting who never had a dad involved before him and he has a 10 year old son who really needs his Dad. He was the only provider for us and had been out of custody for 14 months and did nothing wrong. My selfish actions at the time are now affecting my amazing hard working husbands life and future and our kids lives. We are doing everything we can to fight it and put me in there instead since it’s my crime. Him being in there is a win for the state and with me there is no trouble I can really get in so they don’t want it to be me. Instead there willing to send an innocent man to prison. If we don’t win this fight I atleasy want his time to be shorter. He’s in there because of me yet still loves me.
Nov 2nd, 2018
Sandr R. from Glyndon, MN writes:
Please let my daughter Francine J Granados get released early she is not a criminal. She got 24 mths federal just for sending a message on Facebook. She didn't harm or threaten anyone. She lives in MN, but the case was in Montana, she didn't have a fare trial and from the prosecution giving her a deal of 1yr probation and polygraph test to dropping the charges if her co defendant pleads guilty, she was found guilty from and all white jury. He lawyer said Montana is a very prejudice state. My daughter had part in anything only sending a message on Facebook and they charge her with Tampering with a witness. Prosecutors and FBI thought she new more then what she was saying. When 99% of the case was co defendant and 1% was about her sending a message on Facebook. Were is the justice here. Child molesters, rapiest, and killer and drunk drivers that kill people don't even get that much, or rich people. When my daughter got charge with this federal charge she was out on her own recondence for about a year and a half, had to report to 2 probation officers one in Montana and one in Minnesota, she did that with no problem and in the end no kind of credit for it or anything. What she got was 24mth in Federal prison. The reason was from the judge role in the offense, mental and emotional condition , and non Violent Offender. Prosecutors wanted to give her 8yrs for a message on Facebook really, but judge gave her 24mth base on that. My daughter didn't deserve 24mth, if anything she should have gotten probation or credit for the time that she was on probation wait for trial. So yes free my daughter from this prison wall and put a killer a rapist or a really criminal in there, not non violent offenders or innocent people. So please set my daughter Francine J Granados free from the prison walls, so she can be home where she belong with her family that loves and misses her dearly.
Nov 2nd, 2018
Deanna L. from Carriere, MS writes:
Michael lossett please let him go he's missing evey thing and kids life
Oct 30th, 2018
Someone from Keithville, LA writes:
Please release Buster Ayers!
Oct 30th, 2018
Someone from Keithville, LA writes:
Please release Buster Ayers!
Oct 30th, 2018
LINDA H. from Payson, AZ writes:
Our system is truly broken.There are so many places for the ones with drug addictions that rule their decisions end up spending years in a facility so corrupt they cannot ever heal, but there is money being made for everyone so they don't want them in facilities that cost 1/3 and have an 85% success rate. Let's take the money and so called heroism from them and they might have to actually look at each case remember they are human beings needing help. The prisons set them up for return because they fight everyday not to be abused raped or used where drugs and violence run rapid, Let's start with getting the ones out of office who don't have the ability to change bad laws.
Oct 30th, 2018
Ruby B. from Covington, GA writes:
My cousin Nathaniel Dean has been a model inmate for 27 years. He is at the USP Atlanta Federal Prison in Atlanta, Georgia. It's time for him to come home.
Oct 30th, 2018
Ruby B. from Covington, GA writes:
Oct 28th, 2018
Tina T. from Shreveport, LA writes:
Release Buster Ayers
Oct 28th, 2018
Someone from Denham Springs, LA writes:
My cousin buster Ayers has paid for his crimes it's time to let him go
Oct 23rd, 2018
Stacy C. from Buena Park, CA writes:
I noticed in Orange County, inmates serve half time. It used to be 85% a few years ago. However, the initial time being sentenced is longer now, so no one is actually getting out any sooner than they were before. My brother always served 85% of three weeks for probation violations, (and they were always minor violations, like showing up late for an appointment or something.) Anyway, he’d be released a little more than two weeks later. NOW, he’s being sentenced to 90 or 120 days at half time. But he’s serving MORE time than before for the same bs violations. So be careful what you ask for. If time gets reduced to 65%, the initial sentence will just be made longer, and NOTHING changes.
Oct 22nd, 2018
Charlie C. from SAINT PAUL, VA writes:
My wife is lock up he first afen and she go 5 month 10 days I'm raising our kids alone and it's so hard.i pray this law gets changed so my wife can come home to me and our kids
Oct 20th, 2018
Gina S. from ROANOKE, VA writes:
My husband is in Federal prison ,I feel that he has pay for his punishment already he is missing out on family and, granddaughter. By the time he gets out she will be 4 - years old before he ever see her.
Oct 19th, 2018
Lauralee M. from Waco, TX writes:
My oldest son was only 19 years old!! who had a whole life ahead of him now I’m watching him turn from a boy to a man being a kid made a mistake,first offense never been in NO trouble EVER and was sentenced 16yrs! He never got no chance not one so yes if nothing else 65% should be approved
Oct 18th, 2018
Someone from Greenville, NC writes:
My one and only brother is in Jessup Ga,FCI him and my mother was set up by federal government and was over sentenced . We could not afford a high paying lawyer. We in NC and he 6-7hours away. PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION
Oct 16th, 2018
Deanna L. from Carriere, MS writes:
My husband is prison for 8 years I need him and my kids need him
Oct 10th, 2018
Someone from Maricopa, AZ writes:
my son is in prison and I hope they change the law he made a mistake that is costing him dearly and also his family three children that need him . please change to 65 % even that is to long when you have small children who need their father.
Oct 1st, 2018
KEITH W. from Saint Petersburg, FL writes:
I am so glad people are finally seeing how Florida judges and prosecutors have abuses it's judicial power. Especially in Pinellas County. Any minority who has ever been sentenced should have their case(s) reviewed. State prosecutors exaggerate the charges leading to a higher conviction rate and longer jail time. Public defenders work to help the prosecution for a conviction and the judges are quite aware of what's going on and allow it. They are paid for convictions and will do unethical things to get that check. Pinellas County is notorious for this. There should be a review of cases done in Pinellas and if found that the prosecutors or judges have violated their oath as lawyers they should be jailed and have to serve 85% of their sentence and their should stiff sentences imposed on them as they have imposed them on others. Just saying...
Sep 24th, 2018
Margie I. from Hialeah, FL writes:
Dear Someone from Scottsdale, AZ; Good Afternoon. I see that you have nothing better to do, because I was writing in reference to the issue at hand which is too help our inmates get a 65% rate of time in prison, instead of 85% and all you could do is concentrate on the fact that I addressed our president as "Mr. Donald Trump" instead of "President Trump". I called him by his name and not out of his name, so what are you talking about? Concentrate on the issue, how about that!!!!! Have a great and blessed day Someone from Scottsdale, AZ!!!!!!!!
Sep 24th, 2018
Margie I. from Hialeah, FL signed.
Sep 24th, 2018
Margie I. from Hialeah, FL signed.
Sep 22nd, 2018
Someone from scottsdale, AZ writes:
I think it is terrible that you disrespected our President by not addressing him properly which is "President Trump"