First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 25th, 2018
James W. from South Lyon, MI writes:
I'm 61 years old I only was taking two Norcos a day now it's hard to find a doctor to give them to you I don't abuse medication I just try to get to my day of work not being in pain
Jan 23rd, 2018
dennis l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
Dieing, from pain so great no human should go thru.
Jan 23rd, 2018
dennis l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
Dieing, from pain so great no human should go thru.
Jan 23rd, 2018
dennis l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
Dieing, from pain so great no human should go thru.
Jan 19th, 2018
Someone from Texas City, TX writes:
This inhumane treatment WILL affect EVERYONE in this country one day and now this madness has spread to other countries The elite really did a number on the people with this fake narrative. There is a HEROIN crisis NOT a prescription pain medication crisis. There is also a pain crisis in now thanks to knee-jerk reactions by our government who is listening to Kolodny. He has NO clue how to treat my disease and has NO business telling our Drs how much they can prescribe!
Jan 17th, 2018
Elizabeth M. from Butler, GA writes:
I had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) for 15 years. My first symptoms were dry cough, chest tightness and shortness of breath. My first chest x-ray only showed bronchitis. Finally I went to a pulmonologist, After many tests it was a CT scan that showed COPD, and scarring in my lungs. I quit smoking 17 years and 6 months ago. But the damage has been done. I got to the point I couldn't catch my breath and was coughing so hard I thought the top of my head would blow off. The day after I had the scan I was on oxygen the next night and was on it 24/7. December 2017 my pulmonologist and I decided to go with natural treatment and was introduced to Mbeki Herbal Clinic natural organic COPD Herbal formula, i had a total decline of symptoms with this COPD Herbal formula treatment. The infections, shortness of breath, fatigue, dry cough and other symptoms has subsided. Visit Mbeki Herbal Clinic official website ww w. mbekiherbalclinic. com or email herbs@ mbekiherbalclinic. com. I have had great improvement with my over all respiration with this product and i breath very much easier, i can never be thankful enough to nature
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
I was told by my pain mgmt dr I had to choose between her and my psychiatrist. Now I can’t leave the house without extreme pain and I’m in bed most of every day. I no longer have a life of any kind. I pray my life ends soon.
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
Someone from Buda, TX writes:
I was given pain medicine as one way to control pain in my back due to herniated from degenerative disk disease which I was diagnosed with over 25 years ago. I never took pain meds until 7 years ago when I had a tear in my labrum and had formed bone spurs in my arthritic hips. I also was then diagnosed with stenosis in my neck. Bad genes for sure because my dad and sister suffered from many of these. When I was sent to pain doctor I tried all the injections numerous times, was told surgery would not help and discouraged me from finding a permanent solution, and unfortunately found that the meds work and they were the least expensive, least time consuming, and most helpful thing given to me. All of a sudden my doctor has cut back on my dosage acknowledging that everything is worse with age, and why wouldn't it be? He gave me no alternative except for more costly shots which caused me to take time off work which is almost impossible at certain times of year to do. The medications helped me do my job in between shots, physical therapy etc. He is the one that pushed this on me to begin with, and I haven't found anything better an am on a low dose. Now the does is so low it barely helps. I feel like a beggar and held hostage to his demands of shots and more shots or no medication to help me live. I thought I had found a very compassionate doctor that believed how much pain I was in and that the drugs were not my idea, but his. It turns out he just wanted me to depend on him so that he could order expensive time consuming procedures because I have good insurance and can pay. I'm so scared. Both of my parents passed away this past couple of years, both my daughters went to college, and I went through a divorce. I do not have a lot of support as in driving me to shots. Also, I have to keep my job because it is just me taking care of myself at 53 and I feel helpless, alone, panicked, and bullied, and the sad thing is the doctor seems to like the control he has and has implied that I'm too dependent on the narcotics he prescribed and worked for me. I've told them the reduced dose doesn't work as well as the pain has gotten worse. I took a few more which made my urine test seem to have no opiods in it. I was honest though, then they said if that happens again I will have to come every two weeks to take a urine test. Do I lie, do I be honest, do I not take medicine that helps when I need it? I am very frustrated and mostly scared and confused. Please stop messing with pain treatments especially if they are minimal to begin with.
Someone from Buda, TX writes:
Someone from Buda, TX writes:
Someone from Buda, TX writes:
Someone from Buda, TX writes:
Someone from Buda, TX writes:
Jan 14th, 2018
Linda H. from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
DEA are not trained in medicine or the treatment of pain. If they would focus on illegally imported synthetic fentanyl being mixed with heroine which is causing the spike in drug deaths and bring those perpetrators to justice we'd be over half way home.
Jan 14th, 2018
Someone from Laurel, MS writes:
I am one of those people who cannot take inflammatory medication due to 2 bleeding ulcers. In fact, the ulcers were caused by over the counter ibuprofens trying to relieve the pain. All I can take is Tylenol. We all know just how much Tylenol helps don’t we. Suicide is always a thought in my mind, but, my religion tells me that suicide is a sin. So for now, I am here. But I never make a promise about tonight or tomorrow. I have had 8 back surgeries. All the records are right there in the filing cabinet. But you have the medical society so scared that no one gets help. I feel like a 2nd rate citizen not important enough to consider helping. I am afraid to go to the street or order from overseas. You see, I don’t want to die. I want to live as much as you do. I just want to do it with less pain. No pain would be ideal, but, less pain is better than what I am currently living with. Please re-consider helping those of us with legit pain. Save a life!!!! Thank you and God’s blessings!!!!!
Jan 14th, 2018
Someone from Spring Hill, FL writes:
Depriving patients of pain management is cruel and unusual punishment. It is in humane and wrong you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Jan 14th, 2018
peggy o. from Scottsville, VA writes:
You have personally deprived me of my very quality of life! You took my ability to care for me an mine away and flushed it down the toliet. In your ignorance an greed you grouped us with the poir addicts who DESPERATELY need good treatment facilities, aftercare, an insurance. Look to Portugal's excellent program for them. Stay out of our doctor's office, give us back our ability to live an enjoy our lives because daily suffering is no way to live.
Jan 14th, 2018
peggy o. from Scottsville, VA writes:
Jan 14th, 2018
peggy o. from Scottsville, VA writes:
Jan 14th, 2018
Someone from Mc Nabb, IL writes:
No one asks to be diagnosed with disease/disorder that’s come with or causes chronic pain. Add a injury or two and that life is forever changed, not for the good. Please let our doctors be doctors, without the government in the examination rooms. I understand that my life is always going to be associated daily with pain, that’s bad enough. Allow me a post trauma life with some sort dignity.
Jan 14th, 2018
Melissa A. from Kingman, AZ writes:
Some people are truly in chronic pain from no fault of their own. They are not addicts and should not be treated as such. Please do not punish honest doctors or honest patients. It is not fair. It is not right. Thank you-
Jan 14th, 2018
Sherry S. from Scranton, PA writes:
I have been suffering for about 15 years with chronic pain. I have multiple autoimmune and chronic illnesses. I waited 10 years before going on pain meds and just as they started to work and I started to slowly get my life back this hysteria began and I have been suffering more than ever now that I was cut down on the medication i need! I never filled early or abused my medication! This is a sad witch hunt and making Americans suffer in the worst way is pure evil!