First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
Jan 13th, 2018
Someone from Chapel Hill, NC writes:
Doctor patient relationship has been damaged by these draconian oversights. Docs are highly trained, let them do their job without fear of jail/raids/harassment just for practicing medicine!!
Jan 12th, 2018
Judith R. from Istachatta, FL writes:
I live in hell everyday from serious injuries I received when I was hit by an intoxicated driver in 2001. I can't even get minimal pain relief now. I've had epidurals and trigger point injections. Since my injuries resulted in spinal stenosis the shots do no good. I get treated like garbage bc of what the federal government has done to us.
Jan 12th, 2018
Someone from Newark, NY writes:
I have suffered more than a vet would let an animal suffer. My pain meds were taken away a year and a half ago and i have had no quality of life since. I have never abused my medication , always took as directed and it helped me be able to function and have a halfway normal life. I feel unfairly treated because others chose to abuse their medication and other opiates. People in pain that do not abuse their medication and need them should not have to suffer because others chose to stick a needle in their arm or abuse opiates. Its causing doctors to be neglectful of the oath they take to help patients when they cant prescribe what they need and what works.Why blame a medication for others abuse of them. Its like blaming a pencil for a misspelled word
Jan 12th, 2018
Someone from Big Bear Lake, CA writes:
DEA all drs pharmacies er hospitals if I hear about DEA one more time ....lets see what happens when they are in pain.
Jan 11th, 2018
Someone from Springfield, MO writes:
Dear DEA, Stop treating legitimate pain patients like criminals! Stop creating a system that discourages suffering old people from attempting to have some quality of life. Stop paving the road to heck with good intentions gone bad. Stop rationalizing that you are not doing real harm to good people with legitimate pain issues. I feel like Dr. Bones McCoy from Star Trek coming back in time and saying "What is this, the Spanish inquisition? You have stepped over the line from an agency for the public good to one that should be put down, like you have already done to untold numbers of innocent taxpaying senior citizens who in desperation turned to illegal drugs that have killed them. Stop increasing the cost of care for those who can not afford it by creating regulations that make it impossible for weak old women to get relief. They can't jump over hurdles anymore, common man! Dr. Mengele would be proud of you.
Jan 11th, 2018
Someone from Springfield, MO writes:
Jan 11th, 2018
Someone from Mcminnville, TN writes:
I've been left with horrible chronic back pain since June of 2009. After 36 hours of labor (with dr.s trying to stop labor) I was then sent by ambulance to Erlanger in Chattoonga, Tn. Where I was rushed in for a Emergency C-Section. With both myself & baby in distress, along with everything happening so fast the lady (a student at the hospital) who gave me my spinal block missed the 1st time she stuck me. I tried everything before i ever ended up on lortabs. I even went thru months of physical therapy prior. Tried tens units, rubs/sprays, u name it I'm sure i triedit with no relief until finally gettin prescribe the lortabs. I have gotten a script since the end of 2009 beginning of 2010 every single month, that is up until August of 2017 when my Dr. Stopped writing me my scripts referred me to a pain clinic that was over a hr away for me I went for 3 months payin outrageous (with insurance at that time also) & still hadn't been able to get my lortabs back. I have 2 kids a 8 yr. Old & a (very active) 2 yr old son, which they had even kept me on my lortabs (4xs a day) & my Xanax (3xs a day) also the whole time I was preg. With my son (he was born June 2015 via c-section also) but to think it's ok to just take them from me now when I've never abused them, never had a drug or alcohol problem, never failed a urine screen, etc.. To too it off I just lost my daddy in March of 2017 & my grandma in November 2017 & having to deal with that emotionally is enough without having to struggle thru every single day in pain. I literally struggle to every day tasks anymore because it hurts so bad, I can't even bend to pick my 2yr old son up right now its terrible! Please tell me there is something more I can do these past 4 months have been nothing but complete He**. I'm not my happy smiling self anymore, my husband & kids miss there wife & momma being able to smile & not have fight back the tears of pain.
Jan 10th, 2018
Someone from Hamilton, OH writes:
Need pain releif.cronice.looking for an online dropped or Sumthn
Jan 9th, 2018
Nancy C. from La Fayette, GA writes:
I broke my back at age 21. I wore a body cast for 2 years. The broken spinus process on my 5 lumbar vertbrae did not heal l had no insurance at the time and could not get insurance to cover a pre existing condition. I went for 10 years like this without pain meds. I was a total mess. I finally went to school to be retrained to get employment. I finished and got a job. I got coverage after a year of working in severe pain. I had surgery that put me back in a body cast for 11 months of only stand or laying down. No sitting. After the cast came off I still could only stand or lay down. I couldn't sit because I was fixed that way. If I sat I was in severe pain. So I got a job on my feet all day. After 9 years I wore out my hip joints frome the position I was in. I still took no pain meds and I had a nervous breakdown from the pain. I finally gave in and started pain meds. It helped and I couldn't do my job anymore. I was totally disabled. I have been on pain meds for 17 or 18 years now because I didn't have a choice. I tried stopping the meds and had another breakdown. I was ordered by a judge in court to stay on my meds. My Dr is retiring next month and he has handed me over to another pain management Dr. He wants me to get these shots in my spine that surgeons said to not do because I had so much scartissue from the 3 backsurgeries on the same place. I have debilitating pain. Now I am being treated like a drug seeking addict. I never wanted this to begin with. Now it is my only way of not going mental frome the pain. I will end up back a problem to myself and the public around me because it is out of my control by a judge who ordered me to do what the doctors ordered. Now it has been ordered by Congress to stop my pain meds and send me back to court.
Jan 9th, 2018
Someone from Andrews, IN writes:
Those in chronic pain are often disabled because of it. Stop treating us as if we do not deserve to have any quality of life!
Jan 9th, 2018
Someone from Burke, VA writes:
My husband was a long term chronic pain paitient for 15 years. The doctor he is with now, for 9 years told him that per the CDC guideline he would have to get below 120 mg. When he got to the 120, it was then 100, now it is 40mg. Everytime he is able to struggle to get down it is dropped again. My once active husband has been reduced to sitting on the couch. He first began using a cane, now it is a walker. When the CDC guidelins first came out we questioned the doctor and were told. I am your Pain Management Doctor. The CDC guidelines are only for primary care. Within 6 months, this PMP had stopped taking Medicare so we have to pay cash and the reductions began. He is being told that everyone in the doctors practice is being transfered over to Suboxone. I see nothing that states Suboxone will work for severe pain. We are very confused. My husband has beome a lump on the couch. He doesn't do anything, the pain in both knees and spine are severe. He is in intractable pain. Every day I pray that someone will wake up and see what is being done. Surgical patients are told they need nothing for pain after a hip/knee replacement, or for a broken back, brain surgery. A woman just had bowel surgery. She was given Ativan for pain and the nurses stood and laughed at her. Luckily she has a tape of this. Worse than being cut off is the degradation, humiliation that comes from the nurses. What is happening? Franciscan Brothers Hospital would not help a woman with COPD. She broke her back in four places. She needed pain medication to do her deep breathing exercises 3 times a day. She asked, her daughter asked. The hospital said no, she called her doctor he said the hospital said no. the woman, unable to do her breathing exercises contracted double pneumonia and died. Doctors are being attacked by the DEA. They come into a town, then look at the PDMP to see which doctor prescribes the most. That doctor is raided, records taken, patients left without a doctor. Even if the doctor is found innocent his practice is ruined and most times he loses his home and family has to file bankruptcy. What is happening? I find it odd that at the same time China began manufacturing illicit fentanyl carfentanil disguising it as various pain pills, the govt has decided that people are taking too high of a dose. So, as they are cut off, no taper, they have a choice, go to the street, suicide or Suboxone. Many pain management doctors are now becoming addiction doctors and are transfering their pain patients to Suboxone. Suboxone is not for severe pain. Is it because the generic drugs aren't making anyone money? Isn't this elder abuse? Are the baby boomers in the way?
Jan 9th, 2018
Someone from CHAPEL HILL, NC writes:
Pain send people into depression, and suicide. It damages cardiovascular health, thyroid function, and increases the risk of heart attack, stroke, qnd stress related conditions. Please stop harassing and vilifying the doctors who treat pain.
Jan 9th, 2018
Sherrie S. from Roseville, CA signed.
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
I was on pain meds. two times the last time my doctor dismissed me because they took me off almost 60mg worth of meds.and a month later . They said that I didn't have any meds. in my system . The messed up thing is that I was taking my meds. And now I am having a very hard time finding a new Pain Management that will take my insurance or one that will give me perscriptions for Oxycotin that are time released .What is the bad part is they don't care if you hurt . I felt like I was on probation because the last clinic ****ed me every month for two years . Then they don't believe you when you tell them you are hurting .
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
I was on pain meds for over 8 years and my pain management dr stopped taking Medicaid and now I can't find a pain management dr who will write oxycodone.
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
Jan 6th, 2018
Adam G. from Fountain, CO writes:
I have served my country overseas, Army. I have served my country at home (firefighter). I raise three children alone. I pay taxes and help others at every chance. I have never been in law trouble. I am a good citizen. Just because there is only one medication that the good lord gave us, that works on my individual pain, and allows me to continue to live a NORMAL LIFE, that does not make me an addict or seeker. 2% of the the people abuse it, yes. For the love of GOD STOP HURTING ALL US OTHER 98%, and look at us as less than anyone. Just like you neeeeeed your starbucks in the morning to operate NORMALLY is yhe exact same as us needing a med so we can as well. All you hypocrites can hopefully expierience it for a week, not longer because I dont wish it on nobody to live witb the cronic, debilitating pain that I do EVERYDAY. This country is supposed to to FREE!! But are we?? Get out of my doctors and my treatment. What is good for one might not be good for anyone else. Im a grown*****man and I, and I ALONE KNOWS WHAT WORKS FOR ME.
Jan 6th, 2018
Someone from Roseville, CA signed.
Jan 5th, 2018
Someone from Alvin, TX writes:
It has become disgraceful in this country that Drs are not allowed to decide what is good for their patient and yet the horrific long nights of sitting up in pain you begin to wonder what nightmare of a country you live in with no compassion. It is not the elderly or chronic pain patients breaking the law but a younger generation using for fun. But we are to protect them from themselves and screw the real patients. This is disgraceful and wrong. And now to pass recreational weed. I'm a child of the 70's and never meet a pothead that had any ambition to get off their couch or to even get up in the morning without a smoke. Medical marajuana I can see but we already have a generation with no social skills or ambitions outside of video games lets and weed to it and have nothing but young lumps.
Jan 5th, 2018
Someone from Moretown, VT writes:
I have been dealing with devastating pain in the brain and entire body for over 15 years. My doctor retired and i was assigned a new Dr. fresh out of medical school. I had been on very high does of Methadone. Managed by my long time Dr. When she first saw me over a year ago, she said i was crazy and gave me threw a piece of paper with the # of the nearest Addicts House. Since that first meeting she has reduced my pain meds. from 12 10 mg a day down to 3 10 mg day. I have told her i can not live in state of agony. I have asked her if she has even looked at my file and she told me NO she had not. I have had 5 TBI'S. Crushed the left side of the brain. Several operations on the spine, brain, head. I have tried to go to other Drs. as well as pain clinics. Due to the file that she needs to send to the other Drs. They have refused to see me.
Jan 4th, 2018
Carrie W. from Eugene, OR writes:
Please restore our freedom of how our pain is treated. Abolish the new dea regulations on opioids the false war. These new dea regulations were put in place by the Obama administration and should be done away with as well as all the other executive orders he signed. Opioids are the safest pain relief I have been treated with. It's hard to find things that work, so when we do don't get rid of it with a lie.
Jan 1st, 2018
Someone from Flintstone, GA signed.
Dec 31st, 2017
Someone from Montgomery, AL writes:
My doctor said they would no longer write my prescriptions because a drug test had come back with NORCO and this doctor is the one who prescribed it! I’ve been prescribed NORCO many times over the years but it was the first time with this doctor and apparently they did not notate it in my file and argued and said they did not prescribe it. Even after I took a picture of my pill bottle showing the prescribing doctor they won’t return my calls.
Dec 30th, 2017
Someone from Kingsport, TN writes:
I am in pain from several procedures to repair rotator-cuff's that have only caused more pain. I was on pain meds for 12 years due to the fact my injuries can not be improved, then then my PCP became scared and stopped my meds...life has been hell without pain management ! I took my meds perfect 100 percent. I was only required to make a visit co-pay every 90 days. I am now bed bound, depressed and at the end of my life. Thanks DEA for destroying my life. If I were going to over dose, now would be the time...not during the 12 years of perfect management. These new drug clinic's are where you will find the problems, not traditional PCP practice ! " THE DUMB LEADING THE DUMBEST" IT'S MY DAM BODY ! DEA, HEAR ME -LIKE I SAID, I'M AT THE END OF MY LIFE ! AND THANKS FOR NOTHING ! I HATE YOU SO MUCH, YOU MAKE ME SICK ! YES YOU ! OK-CRYING IN PAIN AND NO SLEEP DUE TO PAIN...
Dec 29th, 2017
Tim M. from Fritch, TX writes:
I suffer daily with chronic back pain. I am on the waiting list for a nuerostymulator implant in the meantime I am left in pain . my pain management doctor is afraid to give medication and my nuerosurgeon says pain meds need to come from my pain doctor.what am I supposed to do other than suffer daily y
Dec 29th, 2017
Tim M. from Fritch, TX writes:
Dec 29th, 2017
Geri M. from Los Angeles, CA writes:
It's so wrong that people who suffer chronic pain conditions like myself are suffering because of maybe drug users who abuse drugs not for painful conditions. Pls help keep us with painful conditions safe, with dignity and pain controlled so we can live decent lives for ourselves and our families.
Dec 29th, 2017
Someone from Ronan, MT writes:
everything here is totally the truth. I am so sick of being labled n treated like somebody who doesn't deserve to get the help we need. I"ve suffered since a accident in 2004. at this point I was 13 years sober. started drinking in 05, By 2010 I was using meth. busted sent into treatment so now I get treated like another drug addict indian seeking drugs this is all us native Americans are on the reservation. I am alone, don't want to go anywhere, am a ***** to all, want to die, ask God everyday to take me, so sick of living like this. my dr. was sending me to a pain center, but they don't take people like me. I have Anemia, anxiety with depression, cervical spine pain s/p multi fusion, chronic pain, chronic pain of right knee, cognitive changes, TBI, gilberts and graves disease, hypothyroidism, lumbar spine pain. mri 2015, nerve impingement, fusion, multiple vehicle accidents, osteoarthritis, seronegative rheumatoid arthritis, thoracic spine pain, sleep apnea, tenosynovitis of wrist flexor, trigger finger. a few more. I worked heavy highway for 30 years, 55 yrs old 5" 138. cant stand myself a lot. see mental health. mostly due to pain other loss of family. I'm tired. you should see the list of medications I'm on. at least 15. maybe this will let someone who might care HELP me?
Dec 29th, 2017
Someone from Ronan, MT writes:
Dec 28th, 2017
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
I'm in the position of trying to find a new doctor that will give me the pain medication that I am used to and I am having a hard time finding one..without jumping through hoops in order to find the right doctor.. It takes alot time.. I don't have..or they r open only a few days or certain hours or I need to drive out of my range..very hard when caring for kids of different ages.. Keeping up with household duties and in pain..care for eldly mother and husband with care issues..
Dec 22nd, 2017
Someone from Port Washington, NY writes:
Where is my comment t payed for?
Dec 22nd, 2017
Someone from Port Washington, NY writes:
Where is my whole story? I pay to have it sent and it disappears? Why?