First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
Sheri L. from Delhi, CA writes:
If the American people, who do not suffer day in; day out 24/7 SEVERE intractable pain, could remotely understand what we CPP go through on a constant daily basis, we wouldn't be in this predicament. It IS so life alternating the public has a hard time fathoming such suffering. And ALL they're getting is a skewed version that the media puts out. If they were educated about the other side of this so-called "opioid epidemic" from CPP themselves, it would change the world's view. The problem lies with addicts & alcohol | drugs. Not CPP opioid therapy. And if things aren't changed the addicts WILL find some other substance, CPP WILL suffer OR commit suicide OR be forced to commit a criminal action to stay out of pain. Nothing will get fixed. And this country will have BIGGER problems as a result. I implore you to please take this issue serious & turn things around before it gets any worse. Thank you~
Someone from Centralia, WA writes:
Please, we have suffered now for years as our family also do with us. This would be an easier sacrifice if we knew that we were helping in some way,if there were finally an end to the torture. Did we save anyone's life? Unfortunately we have increased ODs & suicides bigly. While we who are still here become weaker & sicker simply from loss of mobility. Leaving us unable to shop for food, clean our home's or just wash our cut our hair. Lack of mobility leaves us with needing more medical assistance, from wheelchairs, rides to appointments & buying necessities, the list goes on.
Someone from Centralia, WA writes:
Someone from Shelbville, IN writes:
This inhumane treatment WILL affect EVERYONE in this country one day and now this madness has spread to other countries The elite really did a number on the people with this fake narrative. There is a HEROIN crisis NOT a prescription pain medication crisis. There is also a pain crisis in now thanks to knee-jerk reactions by our government who is listening to Kolodny. He has NO clue how to treat my disease and has NO business telling our Drs how much they can prescribe!
dan b. from Santa Cruz, CA writes:
STOP THE PHONY WAR ON Legal RX pain meds. The CDC, PROP, and Andrew Kolodny manipulated the statistics about opioid deaths, failing to differentiate between Illegal opioid deaths and legal Rx opioid related deaths. The FDA TWICE told them that this methodology was wrong. Kolodny, who is not a pain doctor, wants opioid use for chronic pain banned despite its efficacy at helping people with chronic pain live functional productive lives. The DEA has been targeting legitimate pain doctors declaring a War on Rx Pain Meds and Pain Patients. THERE IS NO OPIOID CRISIS for Rx opioids Except AGAINST people in pain. Illegal fentanyl and heroin are causing the increasing death rates but DEA is useless combating this. Please let Doctors and patients make their own decisions and get the DEA and CDC out of the doctors offices
dan b. from Santa Cruz, CA writes:
Jan 13th, 2018
Julie N. from Sturtevant, WI signed.
Chris C. from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
This is a terrible era to be sick. The war on Chronic pain patients has to stop. The DEA has no right to interfere with patients and their physician. Please stop the attacks on the innocent chronic pain patients and their highly trained physicians.
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
Please stop this insane war against people in pain. Despite going to a pain specalist my meds have been cut by 90% soon to be cut more, This needs to stop before more people die, before I was permanently injured by a distracted driver going over the speedlimit,rear ending me when I was stopped resulting in a Collision speed of over 150 mph the police officer said. As a result I now live with permanent damage to my spine,Farther compounded by a botched spinal fusion. So instead of spending my golden years enjoying retirement I live with severe debilitating pain farther caused by this ridiculous crack down on doctors and People living in severe pain. Please STOP THIS MADNESS AND TORTURE
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
Isabel E. from Bridgeport, CT writes:
STOP THE TORTURE OF PAIN PATIENTS!!! RESTORE OUR BASIC CIVIL RIGHTS!! WE ARE PAIN PATIENTS NOT ADDICTS!!!
kandace f. from Montville, OH writes:
I'm so exhausted from being in pain, I'm losing my will to keep fighting.
Someone from Lisle, IL writes:
My bff has chronic pain,hardware from car accident and has worked his*****off for 25 years to make this country great and keep people able to use indoor plumbing.hes got a great big heart and sacraficeses for his kids and everyone who crosses his path.he told me last year that his dr cutoff his pain meds with no reason or warning.he never did anything wrong.he used to be able to hang out at my house somtimes or go the grocery store once in a while.he never looked high or ever had any pass outs.he never abused his meds or sold them as he makes enough money to barely support himself but he learned to do without luxuries.hes always beennhappy.ever since then,ive watched a great person i envy for strength and caring,turn to a mass of dispair and pain.he never comes by.he rarely calls or goes out unless its to his dr.he talks of killing himself cuz his pain is do bad now most of the day.hes confined to his room,n doesnt even open the shades.i can tell he wants to be dead.he will prpbably,in my opinion,kill himself before the year is over.he says he just hurts now for no reason.he id in pain,and its causing anxiety and deep depression.i dont blame him.i can try to talk to him but hes smart,and already has a plan.how do you think his dr came to cut him off after 7 years with the same dr? Hes never used drugs and doesnt drink.he never drove n texted.for gods sake,why did he lose the little quality of life he had? I found rhru internet searches and talking uo others w pain,that the cdc and dea may have threatened his dr with jail or worse if he didnt cutoff pain patients.i understand the cdc guidelines were used as rules and hysteria of misundrestood drugs like heroin and meth cdused the prob.but noone is letting anyone w pain just be treated .his dr treated him and his dr did nothing wrong.if the dea(i believe it) threatened drs,the dea broke the law.the dea is not authority over drs,especially when treating people who are on disability.no government person or body should be telling doctors how to treat patients.my dr knows me best.he is the only one that should make decisions on my hwdlth.i hope a class sction lawsuit agsinst the dea and cdc is coming in the future.the federal government is guilty of murder,cuz i know pain patients have commiyted suicide too.
Suzanne W. from Mertztown, PA writes:
Please let doctors treat patients again. This hysteria is hurting real people whose only crime was to get sick or injured. They are essentially being denied pain medication not for anything they did wrong but due to the actions of others. These patients have been on stable doses prescribed by there doctors without any problems. This is leaving chronic pain patients living in the hell of unrelenting and never ending pain. Please stop scapegoating patients and stop the witch hunt against doctors who are only living up to the oath they took.
Katharine W. from Garfield, AR writes:
Please stop failing to treat one group of patients due to a desire to protect another. Do no harm! I have no arrests, convictions or addictions. I have a chronic/incurable disease. Why reduce my quality of life?
Dee E. from Burke, VA writes:
Our doctors should be the only ones treating us. People in pain are dying because the doctors are being targeted, raided losing everything. People are so afraid they are putting off surgeries. How will this work, no doctors, no patients, collapse?
Kelli P. from Canton, MA writes:
Ever been in excruciating pain? (Need help imagining...ever given childbirth or kneed in the balls?) Now imagine that 24/7 week after week, year after year! Imagine no relief from that pain. There is only so much one can handle. People are committing suicide, including those you asked to fight for this country, because they can only handle so much. GET OUT of my doctor’s office!
Kelli P. from Canton, MA writes:
Jan 13th, 2018
Kelli H. from Dayton, OH signed.
Elmer T. from Buffalo, NY writes:
This is an echo of the millions of us treated similarly.after being stable with a semi quality of life,my meds were denied in june of 2017 without warning or reason.The guidelines are clearly stated as not rules or laws.The current hysteria about interchangedble words opioid and pain meds has caused pain patients like us to seriously consider suicide(mine is planned for my birthday this year).The heroin and illegal fentnyl flowing into the country has caused so many more deaths yet the only people punished are good doctors and pain victims.I have been fuffering severe chronic pain in spine neck shoulders hips knees,for 14 years.Ive had no issues of arrest abuse or diversion,and always talked frankly with my primary doctor.He assures me as i know,im not an addict.The fact that the money to treat addiction is beyond comprehension and treating me with inexpensive medications that are supremely effective .Millions are suffering,and noone seems to ask any of us.I dont need a pain managment,my pcp was skilled and a 30yr veteral md.pain mgt drs are less than 10% trained,most anestesiologists.return my pain management responsibilities to my highly skilled md as well as my right to be treated as he sees fit.noone belongs in your drs office telling them how to treat you.ive seen the same drs over 7 years and have 100%trust but now i only think how is he being bullied?
Someone from Sedona, AZ writes:
Chronic pain patients deserve medication that helps them function in life, have quality of life as much as possible. They should not be in the same group as drug addicts. Since they are suicide is the only option for some pain patients. Is this what you want?
Nicole B. from Spring Hill, FL writes:
Doctors should be able to practice medicine without the government getting involved. They go to school for years to learn how to practice medicine. Not DEA agents. This is getting so far out of hand and chronic pain patients are suffering.
Someone from Chapel Hill, NC writes:
Doctor patient relationship has been damaged by these draconian oversights. Docs are highly trained, let them do their job without fear of jail/raids/harassment just for practicing medicine!!
Jan 12th, 2018
Judith R. from Istachatta, FL writes:
I live in hell everyday from serious injuries I received when I was hit by an intoxicated driver in 2001. I can't even get minimal pain relief now. I've had epidurals and trigger point injections. Since my injuries resulted in spinal stenosis the shots do no good. I get treated like garbage bc of what the federal government has done to us.
Jan 12th, 2018
Someone from Newark, NY writes:
I have suffered more than a vet would let an animal suffer. My pain meds were taken away a year and a half ago and i have had no quality of life since. I have never abused my medication , always took as directed and it helped me be able to function and have a halfway normal life. I feel unfairly treated because others chose to abuse their medication and other opiates. People in pain that do not abuse their medication and need them should not have to suffer because others chose to stick a needle in their arm or abuse opiates. Its causing doctors to be neglectful of the oath they take to help patients when they cant prescribe what they need and what works.Why blame a medication for others abuse of them. Its like blaming a pencil for a misspelled word
Jan 12th, 2018
Someone from Big Bear Lake, CA writes:
DEA all drs pharmacies er hospitals if I hear about DEA one more time ....lets see what happens when they are in pain.
Jan 11th, 2018
Someone from Springfield, MO writes:
Dear DEA, Stop treating legitimate pain patients like criminals! Stop creating a system that discourages suffering old people from attempting to have some quality of life. Stop paving the road to heck with good intentions gone bad. Stop rationalizing that you are not doing real harm to good people with legitimate pain issues. I feel like Dr. Bones McCoy from Star Trek coming back in time and saying "What is this, the Spanish inquisition? You have stepped over the line from an agency for the public good to one that should be put down, like you have already done to untold numbers of innocent taxpaying senior citizens who in desperation turned to illegal drugs that have killed them. Stop increasing the cost of care for those who can not afford it by creating regulations that make it impossible for weak old women to get relief. They can't jump over hurdles anymore, common man! Dr. Mengele would be proud of you.
Jan 11th, 2018
Someone from Springfield, MO writes:
Jan 11th, 2018
Someone from Mcminnville, TN writes:
I've been left with horrible chronic back pain since June of 2009. After 36 hours of labor (with dr.s trying to stop labor) I was then sent by ambulance to Erlanger in Chattoonga, Tn. Where I was rushed in for a Emergency C-Section. With both myself & baby in distress, along with everything happening so fast the lady (a student at the hospital) who gave me my spinal block missed the 1st time she stuck me. I tried everything before i ever ended up on lortabs. I even went thru months of physical therapy prior. Tried tens units, rubs/sprays, u name it I'm sure i triedit with no relief until finally gettin prescribe the lortabs. I have gotten a script since the end of 2009 beginning of 2010 every single month, that is up until August of 2017 when my Dr. Stopped writing me my scripts referred me to a pain clinic that was over a hr away for me I went for 3 months payin outrageous (with insurance at that time also) & still hadn't been able to get my lortabs back. I have 2 kids a 8 yr. Old & a (very active) 2 yr old son, which they had even kept me on my lortabs (4xs a day) & my Xanax (3xs a day) also the whole time I was preg. With my son (he was born June 2015 via c-section also) but to think it's ok to just take them from me now when I've never abused them, never had a drug or alcohol problem, never failed a urine screen, etc.. To too it off I just lost my daddy in March of 2017 & my grandma in November 2017 & having to deal with that emotionally is enough without having to struggle thru every single day in pain. I literally struggle to every day tasks anymore because it hurts so bad, I can't even bend to pick my 2yr old son up right now its terrible! Please tell me there is something more I can do these past 4 months have been nothing but complete He**. I'm not my happy smiling self anymore, my husband & kids miss there wife & momma being able to smile & not have fight back the tears of pain.
Jan 10th, 2018
Someone from Hamilton, OH writes:
Need pain releif.cronice.looking for an online dropped or Sumthn
Jan 9th, 2018
Nancy C. from La Fayette, GA writes:
I broke my back at age 21. I wore a body cast for 2 years. The broken spinus process on my 5 lumbar vertbrae did not heal l had no insurance at the time and could not get insurance to cover a pre existing condition. I went for 10 years like this without pain meds. I was a total mess. I finally went to school to be retrained to get employment. I finished and got a job. I got coverage after a year of working in severe pain. I had surgery that put me back in a body cast for 11 months of only stand or laying down. No sitting. After the cast came off I still could only stand or lay down. I couldn't sit because I was fixed that way. If I sat I was in severe pain. So I got a job on my feet all day. After 9 years I wore out my hip joints frome the position I was in. I still took no pain meds and I had a nervous breakdown from the pain. I finally gave in and started pain meds. It helped and I couldn't do my job anymore. I was totally disabled. I have been on pain meds for 17 or 18 years now because I didn't have a choice. I tried stopping the meds and had another breakdown. I was ordered by a judge in court to stay on my meds. My Dr is retiring next month and he has handed me over to another pain management Dr. He wants me to get these shots in my spine that surgeons said to not do because I had so much scartissue from the 3 backsurgeries on the same place. I have debilitating pain. Now I am being treated like a drug seeking addict. I never wanted this to begin with. Now it is my only way of not going mental frome the pain. I will end up back a problem to myself and the public around me because it is out of my control by a judge who ordered me to do what the doctors ordered. Now it has been ordered by Congress to stop my pain meds and send me back to court.
Jan 9th, 2018
Someone from Andrews, IN writes:
Those in chronic pain are often disabled because of it. Stop treating us as if we do not deserve to have any quality of life!
Jan 9th, 2018
Someone from Burke, VA writes:
My husband was a long term chronic pain paitient for 15 years. The doctor he is with now, for 9 years told him that per the CDC guideline he would have to get below 120 mg. When he got to the 120, it was then 100, now it is 40mg. Everytime he is able to struggle to get down it is dropped again. My once active husband has been reduced to sitting on the couch. He first began using a cane, now it is a walker. When the CDC guidelins first came out we questioned the doctor and were told. I am your Pain Management Doctor. The CDC guidelines are only for primary care. Within 6 months, this PMP had stopped taking Medicare so we have to pay cash and the reductions began. He is being told that everyone in the doctors practice is being transfered over to Suboxone. I see nothing that states Suboxone will work for severe pain. We are very confused. My husband has beome a lump on the couch. He doesn't do anything, the pain in both knees and spine are severe. He is in intractable pain. Every day I pray that someone will wake up and see what is being done. Surgical patients are told they need nothing for pain after a hip/knee replacement, or for a broken back, brain surgery. A woman just had bowel surgery. She was given Ativan for pain and the nurses stood and laughed at her. Luckily she has a tape of this. Worse than being cut off is the degradation, humiliation that comes from the nurses. What is happening? Franciscan Brothers Hospital would not help a woman with COPD. She broke her back in four places. She needed pain medication to do her deep breathing exercises 3 times a day. She asked, her daughter asked. The hospital said no, she called her doctor he said the hospital said no. the woman, unable to do her breathing exercises contracted double pneumonia and died. Doctors are being attacked by the DEA. They come into a town, then look at the PDMP to see which doctor prescribes the most. That doctor is raided, records taken, patients left without a doctor. Even if the doctor is found innocent his practice is ruined and most times he loses his home and family has to file bankruptcy. What is happening? I find it odd that at the same time China began manufacturing illicit fentanyl carfentanil disguising it as various pain pills, the govt has decided that people are taking too high of a dose. So, as they are cut off, no taper, they have a choice, go to the street, suicide or Suboxone. Many pain management doctors are now becoming addiction doctors and are transfering their pain patients to Suboxone. Suboxone is not for severe pain. Is it because the generic drugs aren't making anyone money? Isn't this elder abuse? Are the baby boomers in the way?
Jan 9th, 2018
Someone from CHAPEL HILL, NC writes:
Pain send people into depression, and suicide. It damages cardiovascular health, thyroid function, and increases the risk of heart attack, stroke, qnd stress related conditions. Please stop harassing and vilifying the doctors who treat pain.
Jan 9th, 2018
Sherrie S. from Roseville, CA signed.
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
I was on pain meds. two times the last time my doctor dismissed me because they took me off almost 60mg worth of meds.and a month later . They said that I didn't have any meds. in my system . The messed up thing is that I was taking my meds. And now I am having a very hard time finding a new Pain Management that will take my insurance or one that will give me perscriptions for Oxycotin that are time released .What is the bad part is they don't care if you hurt . I felt like I was on probation because the last clinic ****ed me every month for two years . Then they don't believe you when you tell them you are hurting .
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
Jan 8th, 2018
Someone from Stanley, VA writes:
Jan 7th, 2018
Someone from Aiken, SC writes:
I was on pain meds for over 8 years and my pain management dr stopped taking Medicaid and now I can't find a pain management dr who will write oxycodone.