First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
Apr 17th, 2018
Someone from Prairieville, LA writes:
A civilized society is judged by the treatment of their most vulnerable ie: the chronically ill & now cancer pts & hospitals are impacted by distribution cuts & cdc guidelines (complements of PROP legislation)Reports are now being heard from across the country. How about sharing some of the sympathy & compassion HERE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY for Americas chronically ill: BUT instead we wage war on behalf of other countries in the name of COMPASSION!!! WAKE up America- “we could be YOU, someday!” We are in the millions & will be heard at voting time! Stop the torture NOW!!
Apr 15th, 2018
DENNIS l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
REAL CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT BEING TORTURED,BY MEDICAL PERSONAL ,PATIENT IN VERY GREAT PAIN.THEIR'S A TRUTH COMING AND THE CDC REPORT IS A LIE,PATIENT WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN TREATED WITH EVERY TREATMENT ARE NOT GETTING THE RX OPIOID MEDICINE THEY NEED TO LIVE,INSIDE PERSON ABOUT TO GO TO NEWS SAID WE PAIN PATIENT'S HAVE BEEN TORTURED,MURDERED THIS IS A CRIME AND NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED,I BELIEVE IT WILL BE FOR WHEN THE OVER 200,OOO,OOO REAL CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT HEAR THIS ITS NOT GOING TO BE GOOD ALREADY GET READY TO MARCH ON WASHINGTON THE MOVEMENT IS CALLED,STOP THE PAIN NAZI'S FROM TORTURING,MURDERING REAL CHRONIC PAIN PATIENT'S WHO HAVE STOPPED THE ONLY MEDICATION THAT WORKED,RX PAIN MEDICATION,WHEN YOU TREAT A PERSON WHO'S BEEN VERY GREAT PAIN FOR YEARS LIKE A DRUG ADDICT,WHY FOR LIE'S,MONEYIN WHAT NON- OPIOID TREATMENTS,THAT DO NOTHING FOR THIS KIND OF GREAT PAIN,YOU HAVE TORTURED ,MURDERED THEM,YOUR GOING TO ANSWER TO GOD,AND WHEN AMERICA HEAR'S THE TRUTH YOUR GOING TO ANSWER TO AMERICA,TORTURING,MURDERING,AMERICA'S IS NOT MAKING AMERICA GREAT.
Apr 11th, 2018
Anna S. from Star City, AR signed.
Apr 5th, 2018
Stanley S. from Woodland Hills, CA writes:
SO LET US SUFFER IN PAIN AND DIE..........THE WAY I SEE IT. TY.....STAN
Apr 3rd, 2018
Someone from Winona, MN writes:
My Dr ignored neglected and then sent certified letttwill no longer see me immediately after prescribing benzodiazepines to me. I have been suffering from the BENZODIAZEPINES ever since. All Drs since will not prescribe medications. Denying pain patients is HORRIBLE!! You are CAUSING the opioid epidemic to get worse!!
Mar 27th, 2018
Someone from Vanceboro, NC writes:
This situation is only creating a chain reaction that will end up costing the Government millions more dollars. Patient in chronic pain has to stop working and get on disability. Patients get sick from withdrawals and land in emergency room usually with no insurance. Pain patient gets desperate and breaks into pharmacies or robs and steals to get the money to buy street drugs. The drug dealers are the happiest of all. Business is booming for them. Patients in pain are committing suicide adding to the death rate . There are going to be more shootings robberies and killings than ever. Now Please tell me what problems are being solved by these new laws? None and things will only get worse. Somebody better reverse these laws before it's too late for some of us who are afraid to walk in a store for fear of being robbed or killed.
Mar 25th, 2018
Someone from Eaton, OH writes:
Hello my name is Stephanie. I'm 2 months off my pain medicine that I've been on since 2005. I have spinal stinosis, degenerative bone disease, anklizing spondylosis and a broken trimalor (left leg broken with fixtures) no medical treatment until they amputate, just to get started. I have been trying to take alternative medicine from the doctor gabapentin (makes me lethargic) mobic ( Jack's my guts and doesn't work) and as always a muscle relaxer which I take as needed. To live in this kind of pain again makes me go backwards to when this all began and I wanted to kill myself. I can't believe that knowing all this information about me that a doctor would inflict this kind of torture on me again. My doctor is afraid he will be sued just for treating me with the same medicine he's had me on for years. It makes no sense to me that here in Ohio our gov John Kasich is pushing pot onto our streets after we voted against it, but I can't have the medicine that I need. This is a war on all sick people in our country and for the doctors to go along...puts a new meaning on the phrase "do no harm"
Mar 19th, 2018
Angela S. from Dearborn, MI writes:
Please. Do something to help those of us who have to live with chronic pain, which often is debilatating. I have lived in pain since high school. I am about to turn 52...count those years and imagine pain so bad it makes you vomit for days, until you go to e.r. because you have puked up everything in you system including bile. I have tried every treatment out there including holistic options. Oxicodine does nothing for my pain. The only treatment that works is morphine through an I.v. after having been created like a drug addict by Drs in e.r. is very demeaning, I had my Dr. Write a letter (rx) on how to treat and they still refuse. What are we to do??? I understand you want to stop people from overdosing but it should not come at the expense of those who need this medication. Our lives are ruined due to constant pain. I have lost jobs or not been hired due to pain. I have lost close bonds with friends and family and its heartbreaking. I don't live life...I exist from day to day hoping the pain doesn't make me throw up, hoping I can make it to a family gathering. Please don't ignore this whole other side of the coin. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mar 19th, 2018
Angela S. from Dearborn, MI writes:
Mar 19th, 2018
Angela S. from Dearborn, MI writes:
Mar 19th, 2018
Angela S. from Dearborn, MI writes:
Mar 14th, 2018
Someone from Elyria, OH writes:
It's worse than some of you think. I now know 3 physicians with well-established reputations who have been threatened by the DEA for doing their jobs. At 67, a military veteran, industry retiree, and even an event in my past (truck smacked me while I was riding a bike!) and NOW we find out we're living in a tyranny? Thanks for the wake-up call, DEA.
Mar 9th, 2018
Someone from Boaz, AL writes:
Today i was denied opiods gfrom a pharmisist cuz of my national origin (lived over 20 miles away) was denied by another pharmacist cuz i wasnt reg customer denied by another cuz i transfered a refill elsewhere denied by another cuz only 1 scrip to fill looked suspiciouse denied by another one cuz theywerent taking new patiants so bottom line surgery today left me without pain meds to recover on i cant care for my disabled spouse my blood pressure has me on verge of a stroke from pain people may die from opiode abuse but thatsa choice the goverment is killing me and thats there choice were not allowed to kill ourselves but the goverment is allowed to kill us its notabout opioide abuse its about. Federal control. Youll die when we say you can die and youll suffer till we allow you to not suffer
Mar 1st, 2018
Gary L. from Brooksville, FL writes:
Four letters 3 I paid to get hand deliverd and Rubio has not responded yet cause he is never in his office.Well 18 years after a broke my back had a 360 fusion of L4-L5 a total of three attempts and was left with failed back surgery.I have had only one Doctor and have never went elsewhere for my meds nor have I ever been in trouble with any kind of drug!So they say go get a pump? who is going to pay for that and the refills.I really dont trust Doctors anymore I think they just want some mortgage money for there house or boat,ect! If the DEA would have stoped the lines going around these clinics instead of letting it happen the RX people would not forced to go elsewhere. YOU DID NOT FIX ANY THING. A junkie will find anything (Tide Pods)or what ever it takes meanwhile we live in hell.Please make a change for the people who are responsible and are in real pain.
Feb 27th, 2018
Kim L. from Cleveland, OH writes:
I am a chronic pain patient who is suffering because of "the war on opioids." This war is misguided and misdirected. The majority of people who are chronic pain patients comply with their doctors. People who are addicted and overdose, primarily overdose on multiple drugs, especially illegal fentanyl. By lumping all overdoses under prescribed opioids EVERYONE suffers. People who are overdosing have been wronged because of an incorrect approach to the problems of addiction. People who suffer chronic pain are being forced into suffering because doctors are no longer prescribing the correct medication because of the crackdown by OUR government. The United Nations declared not treating people with pain is equivalent to torture. Our Governments current approach to the "opioid epidemic" is a failure.
Feb 21st, 2018
shane c. from Buckhannon, WV writes:
Torture, suffering and death being purposely done to the elderly, sick,hurt and all by the government, while the Clinton cartel brings the heroin in to kill off and prey on the rest.. The government and doctors are murders period. All so they can pack there 50,000 dollar purses and wear there thousand dollar clothes around while others and children go hungry and homeless, they by god are greedy, evil, selfish murders and they need brought up on genocide and murder charges "PERIOD"......
Feb 7th, 2018
Someone from Penokee, KS writes:
Quality of life over quantity. It's just human dignity.
Feb 7th, 2018
Alexandria G. from Brooksville, FL signed.
Feb 4th, 2018
Patricia G. from Fort Smith, AR writes:
Patients rights are human rights! This dangerous false narrative punishing and in some cases killing legitimate patients who have pain is an egregious violation and must stop.
Feb 4th, 2018
Donna S. from Rutland, MA writes:
Pain patients don't need to suffer in order to help addicts. Two different issues. My daughter suffers from severe pain with no cure for her illness. If you watched your daughter suffer like I have, I think you would all want to protect them. My daughter should not have to live a life of pain.
Feb 3rd, 2018
Kate L. from Boynton Beach, FL writes:
By restricting good drs from treating chronic pain patients you aggregate the street drug problem because that's where suffering patiehts will go. Before they commit suicide . By also restricting ER's from giving opiate pain meds IV , you force innocent trauma victims into life threatening conditions . If you are actively aware that you are causing great harm and possible death , then you all need to be tried and sentenced in The Hague for crimes against humanity . Is this how you want America great again?
Feb 3rd, 2018
Joe N. from Seville, GA writes:
The DEA has absolutely no business in a doctor’s office trying to make the lives of Chronic, Intractable Pain Patients full of agony. Get back to doing your real job which is stopping illegal fentanyl and leave innocent, suffering patients and their doctors alone. Do you feel brave by hurting these innocent people who do not even carry guns or try to kill you? Shame on You, DEA!!
Feb 3rd, 2018
Joe N. from Seville, GA writes:
Feb 3rd, 2018
greg c. from Mena, AR writes:
It sad how we are being treated,this is going on with me now,its wrong in so many ways.Its the United States of suffering anymore,,,not good!!!
Feb 3rd, 2018
April B. from Urbana, OH writes:
Removing safe prescribing from clinical settings will cause more harm than good, and that's EXACTLY what is happening. Doctors, fearing prosecution, are abandoning patients with chronic intractable painful conditions and illnesses. We're begging you to notice the harm being done. Many suffering from painful conditions have already committed suicide due to their endless suffering. You can turn this genocide around!
Jan 31st, 2018
Kristy S. from Eatontown, NJ writes:
I want to say that I have been tossed from doctor to doctor after 3 surgeries going on 4 due to a condition called ENDOMETRIOSIS. Nobody will treat my pain except suboxone seems to be a “ safe” alternative. Well, when a doctor hears surgery, suboxone and pain let me tell you they have a nurse rip that IV out and cancel surgery right then and there. Leaving me alone, in pain and scrambling to find a treatment plan. I’m not a doctor but I know how to get my neural receptors to free up space so opioids will work post op. Easy solution right? WRONG! No doctor in NJ will follow the national pain management protocol because NJ has terrorized doctors and created an epidemic of people being left out to dry and suffering. The focus is on “ heroin deaths” “ heroin addiction on the rise”. As a former addiction counselor I will tell all of you why your “ heroin epidemic” is coming out of the wood work. People need help, they go to the street after every resource has been exhausted and they are unable to work so they are living on disability suffering a battle that nobody could understand unless they personally felt the pain and anxiety. If you want addicts to stop overdosing on heroin then stop using fear tactics to make doctors under prescribe LEGIT sick people. There is always a happy medium but this is unconstitutional!
Jan 31st, 2018
shane c. from Buckhannon, WV writes:
The government and doctors need brought up on torture, inhumane, evil, genocide, murder charges... They are ate up with greed and "PURE EVIL"....
Jan 29th, 2018
Lanora H. from Jerome, MI writes:
Please let physicians treat their patients as they see fit and without pressure from the DEA and the CDC! This is criminal targeting physician's treating patients for pain. Because of this, physician's have abandoned their patients and many pain patients have committed suicide. Protect our physicians.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 25th, 2018
James W. from South Lyon, MI writes:
I'm 61 years old I only was taking two Norcos a day now it's hard to find a doctor to give them to you I don't abuse medication I just try to get to my day of work not being in pain
Jan 23rd, 2018
dennis l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
Dieing, from pain so great no human should go thru.