First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
2 days ago
S T. from Cartersville, GA writes:
Legitimate pain documented from a gymnastics accident at age 16, and auto accident at age 17. I have an X-ray showing a broken L-4 vertebra and degenerative disc disease shows on an MRI. I got nothing but anti-inflammatories until I got heart damage from them. Also, now I'm on Coumadin so those drugs will cause bleeding of the GI tract. I worked in pain and my doctor told me to apply for disability. Opiate pain medication has worked for me since 2003 and now, because of DEA intimidation, my pain doctor made me use Belbuca, also known as buprenorphine oral film. Because of the DEA and the drug Belbuca, I now have been diagnosed with a NEW heart condition, A-Fib or atrial fibrillatipn. It is dangerous and sometimes fatal. I have higher blood pressure requiring more anti-hypertensive meds as well. I am still no over the side effects of Belbuca and it has been almost 2 weeks since my last dose. The ER doctor told me to never take it again! Now what, DEA???
Feb 8th, 2019
J. Renee B. from Lagrange, GA writes:
I was in a MVA in 1975, there were 5 of us in a Ford Pinto, the driver got too close to the curb and back tire hit the curb as we are going down the road, we immediately got turned to the left, went airborne, jumped a fence, and hit a tree head on. My head went into the back of the drivers seat. My aunt and uncle went out to tell my parents that we had been in a wreck and got killed in their car. So the ER was flooded that night. My spine was not checked at that time. I knew that i had body pain from then on. I was told i had depression and never looked to see the problem until 1998 when i got clean and sober. I realized my pain was more than i really knew. I took every kind of aspirin product that i could through the years of working and drinking. My favorite was Goody powders. I messed my stomach up with this. When i had my first MRI in 1998, they found severe spinal cord compression at C-7, and 6 more herniated disc. I had a lamenectomy in 99, got hit between the shoulders 5 mths post op and had to go back for the discectomy and fusion from C3/4-C7/8. The lamenectomy was done at the same place. The hit caused nerve damage in my left arm. I wore a cervical hard collar for 2 years. During all the testing that was done, i was told i had stenosis, myelopathy, degenerative disc,radiculopathy, brachial neuritis, and arthritis. The last MRI that i had was in 2013, and i had 11 herniated disc on top of the metal plate in my neck, and i have also been diagnost with fibromyalgia. Ive had to have my stomach fixed from an umbilical/abdominal hernia in 2006. Before finding out about my spine with all the pain in my upper body, i had a breast reduction in 1986 thinking the weight was causing my pain. Recently my dr of 15 years that had me comfortable on meds had to send me to a pain clinic. Because of the DEA messing with him. I have been reduced by 150mg of morphine equivalent medication and i just so happen to be buying my first home, plus i have 2nd degree burns on my feet from dropping boiling hot coffee in my lap caused by being nervous from withdrawal symptoms and nerve damage in my arm. I am now prescribed less meds than i was given in the very beginning of this awful journey that started 20 years ago. It makes me so upset that i have to suffer worse than a dog that has been hit by a car. How is it possible that we have better laws that protect animals than chronic severe pain patients. I should not be forced to suffer every minute of every day because of a damn idiot that abuses drugs. I have not ever abused my meds, failed a drug test, or not had the amount of meds in my system. I dont buy, sell, trade, or share my meds This whole thing thats going on is not right. Dont we have enough technology to figure out who abuses their meds and who doesnt. The idiots that are overdosing on pain meds are not the honest people that need help with their medical condition. I feel so violated as a human being that i cant stand it. To think that anyone has the right to say how we feel or suffer is outlandish. It is going to come down to people committing suicide because they cant take the suffering. What good is life if all you can do is lay in the bed and pray to God for relief.? You cant even take a bath when u have severe pain. It just makes me sick that i can finally own my own home but cant enjoy it cuz im having a level 10 pain every day. This is completely inhumane. Are we not as important as an animal? Seems like they have more rights in this country than humans. What a crying shame that we have come to this point in this world. Its just ridiculous. I bet if the lawmakers walked in my shoes we would get relief. Oh, i can go get some liquor and get drunk. After being clean for 20 years. Great. Just GREAT!!!!
Feb 8th, 2019
J. Renee B. from Lagrange, GA writes:
Feb 3rd, 2019
marcy h. from Buckhannon, WV writes:
Just how is taking medicine from the elderly and pain patients and human beings period stopping the fake so called drug war? All that is does is make human beings suffer until they die, kill them selves or go try to find relief from the street and make a more of a market for drugs. It is obvious denying pain relief is inhumane and wrong. Who even in there right mind could not know that. What the hel_ has this country came to.
Jan 23rd, 2019
shane c. from Camden On Gauley, WV writes:
F Trump, the DEA, Natzie coward doctors and the government. They are lying, evil, greed stricken, cruel, evil, inhumane creatures that need all put in prison for the humiliation, suffering and death they have caused by denying human beings the right to pain relief. They are worse than addicts yet they are getting away with torture. May they all suffer 2 fold and burn in hel_. They are evil and hated denying the elderly, sick, hurt and veterans the by god right to pain relief. May they burn, burn, burn in hell_. F them all. Now our country is really a inhumane, cruel shi_ hole because of them. F them, f them, f them all. " THEY BY GOD ALL NEED PUT IN PRISON. IF THEY CAN PUT ADDICTS IN PRISON, WELL BY GOD THEY BELONG IN PRISON FOR THE SUFFERING, TORTURE AND DEATH THEY HAVE CAUSED PERIOD. MAY THEY ALL BY GOD BURN IN HELL. KARMA WILL COME TO GET THEM ALL." THEY ARE EVIL AND HATED.
Dec 8th, 2018
John K. from Escondido, CA writes:
Dr.s are scared of the DEA. Why would a Dr. from Scripps healthcare in San Diego prescribe me over 12,000 Opioid pain pills? Now after 2 years without them suicide or using Heroin are my 2 choices. I wish I died before I got old. I have had my kids and grandkids so I lived a full life. A shame 55 yrs. old is now the NEW 85 yrs. old. Too bad for me I did not die on a battlefield, now I wish I had. Why are we Drug testing our Senate and Congress members??? F. America.
Dec 8th, 2018
John K. from Escondido, CA writes:
Nov 20th, 2018
Someone from Fort Collins, CO writes:
Standard of Care should be based on medical science not drug war laws, and doctors should not be made to fear reprimand by the DEA for practicing medicine as they have been trained to do. This is the only country that is persecuting chronic pain patients in this way, and this needs to end. Please allow doctors to practice medicine and stop wholesale labeling of chronic pain patients as addicts, when this is not the case. Get the DEA out of the patient doctor relationship.
Nov 20th, 2018
Someone from Fort Collins, CO writes:
Nov 20th, 2018
Someone from Fort Collins, CO writes:
Nov 11th, 2018
Charles P. from San Antonio, TX writes:
Hi Senator, You’ve probably not listened to my voicemails that I’ve left for you at your D.C. office, or the people who listen don’t care ENOUGH to give me a call back, so I’m going to try this avenue to get your ATTENTION ON WHAT I NOW CONSIDER SOMETHING THAT HAS ENGULFED MY LIFE, WHERE I THINK ABOUT IT EVERYDAY. THAT IS LIVING WITH CHRONIC PAIN. WITH THE AMOUNT OF PAIN MEDICATION THAT I WAS TAKING FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS SINCE I HAD AN HORRIFIC CAR WRECK BACK IN 2003, I’VE BEEN ABLE TO MANAGE MY LIFE AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE. BUT “NO MORE”!!!! Pres. Trump and the unJustice Dept. have grouped myself and the approx. 25 million chronic pain citizens of this great country into ADDICTS! LIKE THOSE WHO’VE BEEN LIVING UNDER BRIDGES AND BOXES IN THIS COUNTRY! AGAIN, LIKE MOST THINGS, THE GOOD GET HURT FROM THE BAD! SENATOR, I TRIED TO CALL YOU, BECAUSE OF ANYONE IN D.C. I’VE ALWAYS LIKED YOUR “ROGUE” ATTITUDE REGARDING HOW WE SHOULD PUT CITIZENS AHEAD OF POLITICS. EVEN THOUGH I VOTED FOR PRES. TRUMP IN 2016 I will not Vote FOR HIM AGAIN!, AND I WILL MAKE THIS GUARANTEE! A LITTLE MATH LESSON. LET’S SAY OF THE APPROX. 25 MILLION CHRONIC PAIN PATIENTS IN THE U.S. PROBABLY AROUND 90% ARE REG. VOTERS. OF THEM SAY 22 MILLION THAT ARE REG. VOTERS ARE 50% REP. AND 50% DEM. I CAN MAKE THIS STATEMENT, AND I KNOW I’M REAL CLOSE ON THIS ONE, OF THOSE APRROX. 11 MILLION REG. REPUBLICAN VOTERS I WILL SAY AT THIS POINT IN TIME APPROX. 90 TO 95% OF “US” WILL NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP IN 2020, TRUMP WILL LOSE THE 2020 ELECTION BY AT LEAST 9 MILLION VOTES AND WITH THAT AMOUNT OF NON-VOTES, HE HAS NO SHOT TO WIN THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE AND THUS GET RE-ELECTED! FOR HOW HE HAS FORGOT US. HOW IRONIC THAT HIS RALLYING CRY FOR 2016 WAS “ THE FORGOTTEN MEN AND WOMEN” OF THIS COUNTRY” AND THAT HOW HE’LL TAKE CARE OF US. WELL, WE HAVE BEEN THROWN ASIDE! I HAVE SEEN ELDER PATIENTS COMING OUT OF MY PAIN MANAGEMENT DR.’S OFFICE, CRYING WHILE THE NURSE TELLS THEM, DONT’ WORRY, EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT! REALLY? ONLY BECAUSE FOR THAT PERSON SAYING THAT, THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME SKIN AS THAT PERSON WHO’s LIFE NOW IS CONSUMED WITH WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. MY STORY, OF 3 MAJOR SURGERY’S, 2 BOTCHED, WHERE “MERSA” ATTACKED MY SPINAL CORD, WHERE I SPENT 4 MONTHS IN ICU IN A COMA FILLED WITH NIGHTMARES THAT SEEMED LIKE I WAS LIVING IN REALITY. WHEN I WOKE UP, I NOW HAVE SEVERE NEUROPATHY IN BOTH LEGS AND FEET, A BACK THAT LOOKS LIKE SWISS CHEESE AS THEY ENDED UP CUTTING MY URINARY NERVES SO I NOW WEAR A FOLEY BAG.! I’M NOT SURE WHICH NIGHTMARE IS THE BETTER ONE. ESPECIALLY WITH TRUMP AND SESSIONS CRACKDOWN. ONE THAT HAD NO THINKING OF THE BACKLASH THAT IT WOULD CREATE. I’VE ALREADY HEARD STORY’S OF PEOPLE KILLING THEMSELVES. IF IT WEREN’T FOR MY TWINS AND WIFE, I’M NOT SURE IF I’D WANT TO STAY ON THIS EARTH EITHER, AS AT LEAST IN A COMA OR DEATH, THERE IS NO PAIN! HOW SAD THAT IS! PLEASE HELP US! PLEASE GET CONGRESS TO PUT THE BRAKES ON THIS TERRIBLE WAY OF DOING THIS. THE BEST LINE COMES FROM THIS PATHETIC WUSSY ATTNY. GENERAL WE HAVE. (LORETTA LYNCH WOULD HAVE TOLD CONGRESS THAT SHE’LL OVERSEE A RUSSIA PROBE, IF THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE ON OBAMA). OUR WASTE OF AN ATTORNEY GENERAL JEFF SESSIONS SAID: "PEOPLE NEED TO TOUGHEN IT UP SOMETIMES, AND TAKE AN ASPIRIN” !!!! IS HE “EF-in” SERIOUS? THAT PROVES THAT THIS PATHETIC PERSON HAS NO CLUE! IF HE ONLY KNEW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO LIVE WITH CHRONIC PAIN! LIFE ISN’T WORTH LIVING IF YOU LIVE: EVERY SECOND, EVERY MINUTE, EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY, EVERY WEEK, EVERY MONTH, EVERY YEAR, TILL YOU COME TO THE GATES OF HEAVEN? PROUD TO BE A PART OF CIAAG~ PLEASE HELP~ CHARLES PATRICK
Nov 7th, 2018
Someone from Seattle, WA writes:
Why are your parents, siblings and friends being forced to live in pain? Chronic pain was something that happened to me, just like a cancer, a car wreck, a fall from a mountain top, it was unexpected and unwelcomed but zi have it. I have done and tried every treatment and therapy and non opioid medication to no avail. I sm not a drug seeking addict, all I seek is a life, a day to day real life, not one where I lay on my bed and cry because I tried to go to a fair or watch my grandsons basketball game or sit tbrough a movie with friends, friends who disappear after multiple no shows because I am in too much pain to keep my dates with them. I can no longer work unless I am able to get up or lie down or do whatever is needed, whenever its needed, to alleviate my non stop pain. Doctors are supposed to Do No Harm, yet they are tbrowi g people under the bus by taking them off pain medications cold turkey. I thought this was America! America, where people are treated with respect and compassion. If I can take less, I will try, but throwing me into withdrawals with no alternative is criminal, cold hearted and unbelievable. Every person who thinks we are not in need of the medication that allows us to live full, happy, productive lives, would not last a day suffering the pain zi have 24 hours a day without the only medication that allows me to get up in the morning and want to live. I am not on large doses, I am not getting high, zi am 68 years old and before this pain came into my life, I rarely took an aspirin for a headache. I dont drink alcohol or do drugs. I only want to live my life as best zi can, and the small amount of opioid I take allows me to do this. In 5 days I will be for ed, by medical professionals, to suffer withdrawals, taking my dignity away as well. This has to stop. We are not taking opioids for fun. I don't remember what fun or normal is anymore. Now I look forward to being humiliated by doctors when zi end up in sn ER begging for medication to keep me from having a complete physical breakdown as well as a major panick attack, knowing that its going to happen and nobody will care.
Oct 25th, 2018
William S. from Wetumpka, AL writes:
Unfortunately, our country is capitalist which means freedom is the last thing most politicians have on their minds. All US legislation can be linked to money changing hands in some way. That means people getting pain relief medication through legal routes which make "big pharma" less profit are at a dissadvantage. Notice the links found to black market selling by publicly traded corporations only aired a week or so but the "opiod crisis" is still being pushed for several years now. The ignorant public masses have to be guided properly or profits will fall. Luckily there are herbal remedies still legal for the time being but those are always at risk too if they get too popular. Just ask your doctor about it and get the speach about how much money is made every year selling supplements. I believe supplements which includes vitamins, the lion's share of over the counter meds, account for 1/10 the profits of pharmaceuticals. Also concider the break up of those profits among the companies involved. There are only about 1 dozen pharmaceutical companies vs multiple thousands of supplement companies that enter and leave the market at will. Which do you think will have an easier time buying your congressman's vote? For that matter look at who pays for the training of doctors in this country. A very large portion of most medical schools' funding comes from 1 group. Not to mention bonuses and other insentives paid to doctors by that same group through hospital donations. I know this sounds like a communist's love letter but that government was no better. Mankind is ruled by greed before anything else in our current age. Wether it be a greed for power or for monitary wealth, both are basically the same. Until we learn a better way, we're at its mercy.
Sep 26th, 2018
Someone from North Tazewell, VA writes:
As a person who has seen the way chronic pain patients are being treated as criminal s for having pain, is criminal to me . IMO ! Because people are not getting pain relief from their doctors, they have to turn to the street. And we are seeing how that’s going. As an amputee and having dozens of surgeries myself I deal with this myself. I wish the DEA could see me when I don’t have my medicine. I become bedridden, literally screaming in pain , sleeping only for less than a hour , after being up for days. Then you wonder if the only relief you can get is death. If I have to go back to that I would rather die. I have a great life when I m able to live it. Because of the opioid crisis is shown on the news on repeat the pendulum has swung to the point of over reaction. I wish they would do a story about how people who cannot get out of bed are able to live productive life’s . I understand that some people use and abuse the medicine they are prescribed. But the people who need it aren’t the one s doing that. So making us have to travel hours to see dr s isn’t the right answer imo .
Sep 7th, 2018
Someone from Linton, IN writes:
I have taken pain Medicine for ten yrs to function, have never had any problems except with pharmacies because of doctor in trying different doses and in trying to find right medication makes my history look like I'm on or have taken various medicines which was a trial and error thing, my doc has me on same med now for awhile finally and because so many different meds were and dosages were tried and makes me look like a drug seeker I can't be honest about pain level for fear of another drug being tried or added so I've accepted what I get, at least I can function better, though recently had to choose between pain med or anxiety med because pharmacy says they can't fill both, ridiculous that I had to choose pain relief over mental stability so I now don't go out of house if can avoid it because of panic attacks ..btw..I never had any issues in taking both, not suicidal though with my recent treatment by pharmacy makes me wonder what worth there is in living anymore. why would the government's war on drugs harm me this way, I never caused any problems, took meds as prescribed, always filled on exactly right day but now I'm stigmatized. I'm sick of it!!!
Aug 26th, 2018
anthony p. from Willow Grove, PA writes:
multiple pain issues my doctors have been raided twiice once in 2015 and once in 2017 every folder has mris showing pain drug tests and pain contracts.....they are loosing the war to fentynal and attacking doctors who have to take more patients because the other doctors have become cowards.
Aug 26th, 2018
anthony p. from Willow Grove, PA writes:
Aug 18th, 2018
Dianne L. from Earp, CA writes:
The CDC plays a more limited role in pain management treatment -- usually not involved at all. Why is that agency involved in this matter at all? Oh, that's right! Addiction is now a communicable disease. Ha! It is actually a mental and emotional problem, but psych care takes longer and costs more. The DEA is the enforcement arm that is supposed to be finding and arresting those who are dealing in illicit drugs. The "War on Drugs" was lost when the courts allowed bail and gave short sentences -- even allowing the perpetrators to escape across the borders. Thanks for nothing, DEA. The FDA is supposed to be about the safety of things before they get to the populace. They deal with the testing and approval of medications and other medical items. There was a time when the FDA was highly respected, but that time is long past. How many harmful vaccines and drugs have been approved since the Salk vaccine that were later proven harmful or fatal? The Salk vaccine put everyone who received it at risk for cancer. This is also the agency with chemical and pharmaceutical company former executives on the approval committees. That plays to them; not to the public. Now the FDA is going after doctors who prescribe pain medication. This is tantamount to the government taking over healthcare. I do not want the government involved in my healthcare. Name anything that the government has been involved in that produced positive results. If you want to gather the stats on prescriptions for pain killers, put a DEA agent in every drug store where people get the medications. Use those stats to go after those who are "over prescribing". From a personal perspective, I am fortunate to not preferring opioids to treat my pain issues. I do not get pain relief from them; I get intoxication and little to no pain relief. My "drug of choice" is Trammadol/aka: Ultram because a low dose handles most of my pain and a double dose will also allow me to sleep. My prescription is written: "Up to 2 tablets every six hours, PRN, pain" and I do follow the instructions. I am currently 71 (almost 72) years of age and have been managing my life since I was 18. I am also currently disabled and have been since 1993. My one and only marriage is still alive and well with no thanks to the medical profession. I now have two doctors that I trust and respect; my cardiologist and my GP. My GP writes my scripts for the pain meds and has never said that he will not do so. Why? Two things I will not do: lie to a doctor; and, misuse prescribed medications. Why not? Because I want to be able to receive treatment for whatever is going on with me without the doctor wondering how much jail time he will get or if he will lose his license to practice. The nearest pain clinic to my home is over 50 miles away. Travel by car is difficult due to Lymphedema, which causes massive swelling in my legs and feet. If the swelling gets severe enough, the pain is hideous. As mentioned above, Tramadol handles the pain, which allows me to do what I need to do in my home and even go out and shop now and then. I didn't lose my life to the pain problems, but the pain can stop me cold when it is bad enough. Pull the pharmacies into this mix. Legal prescriptions that do not go over a number set by common sense should be easy to figure out and have the pharmacies produce actual statistics by drug and by prescriber along with the prescriber's specialty, and the patients diagnosis (no identifying data transfer). Do a legitimate study rather than rely on twisted stats. In short, do this the right way and end the shortcuts that are causing the problems. I have had at least seven medical professionals in my family. I never asked one of them to "do me a favor and prescribe (name the drug). Other than addicts, the only people who would want these kinds of drugs are those who are in more than considerable pain. Please wise up and wise up. How many addicts are given repeat doses of Narcain? What is that cost figure? What is the cost of sending them to rehab and having them revert back to drugs? When it can be proven that anyone died from the use of illegal/street drugs and the distribution point is known, the "dealer" should be given a death sentence. Or, better yet, just shoot them and save the taxpayers a fortune in legal and prison costs. They are breaking the law in a more lethal manner than any of their "clients". This whole matter is getting out o hand. It is time to stop the current efforts and move on to an approach that does not criminalize prescribing or taking prescribed pain medications. If one thinks about it, why not tell the drug companies to stop dragging their feet and come up with some better drugs and answers than they are giving now? Yes, that is a serious question. I will wait and watch to see what happens. Believe me, if I do not like the answers, we will have another round of patients at the FDA complaining about over-regulation of medical on the "sayso" of a government agency that uses skewed statistics to start their battle. Sincerely yours, Dianne Long P O Box 1080 Earp, CA 92242-1080
Aug 18th, 2018
Debra U. from Pensacola, FL signed.
Aug 12th, 2018
Kenneth A. from Burlington, VT writes:
I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet and rheumatoid arthritis. The doctors just gave me gabapentin which does nothing for the chronic nerve pain. The government, CDC and the DEA should stay away from doctors who write prescriptions for people with chronic pain as they know better how to treat patients than the people at the DEA and the CDC who are not real doctors. You wonder why more people are committing suicide, it's due to the government restricting our own health care
Aug 4th, 2018
Toni S. from Garland, UT writes:
I ama chronic pain sufferers and I need my pain meds to be able to function daily. If I didn’t have them I can’t get out of bed and go to school to better my life. This is t fair that we are being taken off of our meds due to the government I thought this was America land of the free? Why is the government so involved in our health care it’s not right or fair for them to tell my doctor what I can or can’t have. We all metabolize meds differently so what works for one night not work for the other. I’m not an addict I’m a person in pain who pays my taxes and functions just fine in society, so why am I not able to get the medication I need to function a comfortable life? Our doctors should decide what we take not the government , I’m starting to feel like I’m living in Afganastan where they tell you what you can and can’t do.
Aug 3rd, 2018
Someone from Fortuna, CA writes:
I am a chronic pain sufferer and suicide is always on my mind as there is no doctor who wants to treat a chronic pain patient with the war being waged on doctors and patients alike. I have fybromyalgia, Trigeminal neuralgia (also known as the most painful condition known to mankind and called suicide disease for a VERY GOOD reason) sciatica, flat back syndrome, just to name a few of the conditions that includes pain,LOTS OF PAIN and now I'm stuck suffering from the hernia mesh I have causing Chronic pain and new hernias under the mesh. Yet I can only get a couple of days relief from the ER to bring me back from the brink of insanity and then I'm thrown back into the struggle between life and death because I have no quality of life most of the time but yet I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!! It's not okay or fair for the government to play with the lives of innocent people who want to be a productive part of society. YET now if you are an actual addict your treated with more dignity and respect & petted and coddled than people such as myself and that's really sickening. Stop targeting the wrong people and do things the right way in a humane way!!! Give us our lives back!!!!
Aug 1st, 2018
Lisa B. from Hubertus, WI writes:
After 21 years of pain control and a rewarding career as a RN I am not applying for disability after a forced opioid taper. Suicide is always on my mind. I'm now and irrelevant person something I'd never thought I'd be. Thanks CDC and DEAL for ignoring millions of Americans in your misguidesign efforts in your war on drugs. You're losing by the way. Despite major decreases in prescriptions more are dying from illegal substances such a Fentanyl analogs and Heroin.
Aug 1st, 2018
A K. from Fredericksburg, VA writes:
The CDC quietly admitting to conflating & inflating their data of overdoses & how heroin & illicit Fentanyl are truly the driving forces behind this “crisis”. Stop going after law-abiding patients & doctors! This is only causing significantly more harm, all while doing NOTHING to lower OD or addiction rates.
Aug 1st, 2018
Dawn G. from Vail, AZ writes:
Why are chronic pain patients being stuck in the middle of the opioid crisis? We are responsible and take our pain medications as our doctors tell us to take them. Not once in 15 yrs have I ever overdosed or seemed illicit drugs. This is for me and many who suffer with chronic intractable pain from incurable diseases are suffering because the CDC inflated the opioid deaths. These deaths are from illicit fentanyl and heroin not prescribed pain medications. Less than 1% ever get addicted. We need our pain medications to walk, cook, clean and have a quality of life. Why is the government telling our doctors to "do harm" when their hippocratic oath states "do no harm"? This is destroying many Americans lives and many have already committed suicide due to pain because many can not get our pain medications as doctors are no longer prescribing or quiting all together because of the fear that the DEA will threaten or shut them for prescribing a life saving drug for chronic pain patients. This makes no sense!!! Opioid deaths have rose 30% since the new guidelines came into effect but prescription have gone down. What is the government doing about illicit drugs? Nothing because they are too worried about the wrong war on drugs. We are the invisible that no one cares about and we don't matter it seems. Please do not take away pain medications that help over 25 million chronic pain patients have a quality of life. We are humans and not expendable. No one asked us how it would effect our lives.
Aug 1st, 2018
Dawn G. from Vail, AZ signed.
Jul 26th, 2018
Someone from Roseville, CA writes:
If there wasn’t immunity given to every government employee around these horrible pieces of legislation. There probably wouldn’t be as much of this idea that taking away legitimate medications from 98% of us. I want you to give me one point in the history of our civilization where taking something away from the public that gave 98% positive outcome, i.e., pain relief/functional life. And still proving the same positive result WITHOUT any of us having it. You are literally condoning torture. I have lost my last 2 jobs in just 10 short months because of your legislation and guidelines. I almost lost my wife (to suicide) because her pain doctors deliberately kept her under treated for 3 years at a previous pain management clinic. America has been completely ruined due to this governments love of corporate power and now endless amounts of money without any accountability. And destroying the Middle Class.
Jul 25th, 2018
Someone from Tinley Park, IL writes:
Very sad.. I have a friend who suffers from back disease and was cut off their medication. That person now uses something worse than what the doctor should have never taken away. To me this will cause people to die more than live. It's wrong.. Get real hard chore drugs off the streets instead of punishing those the prescribed drugs were meant for.
Jul 21st, 2018
Someone from Spencerville, MD writes:
Go to pain management for Spine Disease. Gov't want me to not have quality of life, function,be productive..as they are NOT!
Jul 21st, 2018
Someone from Spencerville, MD writes:
Jul 8th, 2018
Someone from CARMICHAEL, CA signed.
Jul 1st, 2018
Christine W. from Clearwater, FL writes:
As a public health nurse who had to give up my dream job due to chronic pain I know first hand the horrors of this pain and the flip side the horrors so many men, women and children go through with chronic pain. The physician is taught by an oath to do no harm. Why is government telling the physician how to practice me dine if prescribing a certain type of medicine will give the patients a quality of life they did not have before?
Jun 24th, 2018
Debbie H. from Muncie, IN writes:
I'd had fibromyalgia for nearly 20 years & was gradually and miraculously healed of it BUT after going off opioids, it unmasked the arthritis pain in my hands which prevented me from doing many things I enjoyed, particularly knitting blankets for my grandkids. However the worst problem was the pain caused my blood pressure to skyrocket! Now instead of treating this obvious issue, the neophyte FP Dr I'd just begun seeing (my prior Dr kicked me out because I'd refused unnecessary lab tests & wouldn't believe meds she had me on were causing kidney damage which they were) refused to treat my pain but instead referred me to a cardiogist & nephrologist to determine why my BP was so high. I KNEW why it was high. When I'd get pain meds after dental procedures, it returned to normal. Having done pain management for many years in practice, following a person's BP was one way I could tell the amount of medication I had them on was working. I could also tell if someone was trying to scam me if they claimed to BE in pain & had NORMAL BP, so I know this topic very well from both sides.
Jun 24th, 2018
Someone from Millsboro, DE writes:
No chronic pain patient wants to deny an addicted patient help, but denying those that need meds to maintain a quality of life does nothing to help anyone with an addiction.
Jun 24th, 2018