First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
Feb 27th, 2018
Kim L. from Cleveland, OH writes:
I am a chronic pain patient who is suffering because of "the war on opioids." This war is misguided and misdirected. The majority of people who are chronic pain patients comply with their doctors. People who are addicted and overdose, primarily overdose on multiple drugs, especially illegal fentanyl. By lumping all overdoses under prescribed opioids EVERYONE suffers. People who are overdosing have been wronged because of an incorrect approach to the problems of addiction. People who suffer chronic pain are being forced into suffering because doctors are no longer prescribing the correct medication because of the crackdown by OUR government. The United Nations declared not treating people with pain is equivalent to torture. Our Governments current approach to the "opioid epidemic" is a failure.
Feb 21st, 2018
shane c. from Buckhannon, WV writes:
Torture, suffering and death being purposely done to the elderly, sick,hurt and all by the government, while the Clinton cartel brings the heroin in to kill off and prey on the rest.. The government and doctors are murders period. All so they can pack there 50,000 dollar purses and wear there thousand dollar clothes around while others and children go hungry and homeless, they by god are greedy, evil, selfish murders and they need brought up on genocide and murder charges "PERIOD"......
Feb 7th, 2018
Someone from Penokee, KS writes:
Quality of life over quantity. It's just human dignity.
Feb 7th, 2018
Alexandria G. from Brooksville, FL signed.
Feb 4th, 2018
Patricia G. from Fort Smith, AR writes:
Patients rights are human rights! This dangerous false narrative punishing and in some cases killing legitimate patients who have pain is an egregious violation and must stop.
Feb 4th, 2018
Donna S. from Rutland, MA writes:
Pain patients don't need to suffer in order to help addicts. Two different issues. My daughter suffers from severe pain with no cure for her illness. If you watched your daughter suffer like I have, I think you would all want to protect them. My daughter should not have to live a life of pain.
Feb 3rd, 2018
Kate L. from Boynton Beach, FL writes:
By restricting good drs from treating chronic pain patients you aggregate the street drug problem because that's where suffering patiehts will go. Before they commit suicide . By also restricting ER's from giving opiate pain meds IV , you force innocent trauma victims into life threatening conditions . If you are actively aware that you are causing great harm and possible death , then you all need to be tried and sentenced in The Hague for crimes against humanity . Is this how you want America great again?
Feb 3rd, 2018
Joe N. from Seville, GA writes:
The DEA has absolutely no business in a doctor’s office trying to make the lives of Chronic, Intractable Pain Patients full of agony. Get back to doing your real job which is stopping illegal fentanyl and leave innocent, suffering patients and their doctors alone. Do you feel brave by hurting these innocent people who do not even carry guns or try to kill you? Shame on You, DEA!!
Feb 3rd, 2018
Joe N. from Seville, GA writes:
Feb 3rd, 2018
greg c. from Mena, AR writes:
It sad how we are being treated,this is going on with me now,its wrong in so many ways.Its the United States of suffering anymore,,,not good!!!
Feb 3rd, 2018
April B. from Urbana, OH writes:
Removing safe prescribing from clinical settings will cause more harm than good, and that's EXACTLY what is happening. Doctors, fearing prosecution, are abandoning patients with chronic intractable painful conditions and illnesses. We're begging you to notice the harm being done. Many suffering from painful conditions have already committed suicide due to their endless suffering. You can turn this genocide around!
Jan 31st, 2018
Kristy S. from Eatontown, NJ writes:
I want to say that I have been tossed from doctor to doctor after 3 surgeries going on 4 due to a condition called ENDOMETRIOSIS. Nobody will treat my pain except suboxone seems to be a “ safe” alternative. Well, when a doctor hears surgery, suboxone and pain let me tell you they have a nurse rip that IV out and cancel surgery right then and there. Leaving me alone, in pain and scrambling to find a treatment plan. I’m not a doctor but I know how to get my neural receptors to free up space so opioids will work post op. Easy solution right? WRONG! No doctor in NJ will follow the national pain management protocol because NJ has terrorized doctors and created an epidemic of people being left out to dry and suffering. The focus is on “ heroin deaths” “ heroin addiction on the rise”. As a former addiction counselor I will tell all of you why your “ heroin epidemic” is coming out of the wood work. People need help, they go to the street after every resource has been exhausted and they are unable to work so they are living on disability suffering a battle that nobody could understand unless they personally felt the pain and anxiety. If you want addicts to stop overdosing on heroin then stop using fear tactics to make doctors under prescribe LEGIT sick people. There is always a happy medium but this is unconstitutional!
Jan 31st, 2018
shane c. from Buckhannon, WV writes:
The government and doctors need brought up on torture, inhumane, evil, genocide, murder charges... They are ate up with greed and "PURE EVIL"....
Jan 29th, 2018
Lanora H. from Jerome, MI writes:
Please let physicians treat their patients as they see fit and without pressure from the DEA and the CDC! This is criminal targeting physician's treating patients for pain. Because of this, physician's have abandoned their patients and many pain patients have committed suicide. Protect our physicians.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 26th, 2018
ann e. from Girard, PA signed.
Jan 25th, 2018
James W. from South Lyon, MI writes:
I'm 61 years old I only was taking two Norcos a day now it's hard to find a doctor to give them to you I don't abuse medication I just try to get to my day of work not being in pain
Jan 23rd, 2018
dennis l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
Dieing, from pain so great no human should go thru.
Jan 23rd, 2018
dennis l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
Dieing, from pain so great no human should go thru.
Jan 23rd, 2018
dennis l. from Owensboro, KY writes:
Dieing, from pain so great no human should go thru.
Jan 19th, 2018
Someone from Texas City, TX writes:
This inhumane treatment WILL affect EVERYONE in this country one day and now this madness has spread to other countries The elite really did a number on the people with this fake narrative. There is a HEROIN crisis NOT a prescription pain medication crisis. There is also a pain crisis in now thanks to knee-jerk reactions by our government who is listening to Kolodny. He has NO clue how to treat my disease and has NO business telling our Drs how much they can prescribe!
Jan 17th, 2018
Elizabeth M. from Butler, GA writes:
I had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) for 15 years. My first symptoms were dry cough, chest tightness and shortness of breath. My first chest x-ray only showed bronchitis. Finally I went to a pulmonologist, After many tests it was a CT scan that showed COPD, and scarring in my lungs. I quit smoking 17 years and 6 months ago. But the damage has been done. I got to the point I couldn't catch my breath and was coughing so hard I thought the top of my head would blow off. The day after I had the scan I was on oxygen the next night and was on it 24/7. December 2017 my pulmonologist and I decided to go with natural treatment and was introduced to Mbeki Herbal Clinic natural organic COPD Herbal formula, i had a total decline of symptoms with this COPD Herbal formula treatment. The infections, shortness of breath, fatigue, dry cough and other symptoms has subsided. Visit Mbeki Herbal Clinic official website ww w. mbekiherbalclinic. com or email herbs@ mbekiherbalclinic. com. I have had great improvement with my over all respiration with this product and i breath very much easier, i can never be thankful enough to nature
Jan 15th, 2018
Someone from Cleveland, TN writes:
I was told by my pain mgmt dr I had to choose between her and my psychiatrist. Now I can’t leave the house without extreme pain and I’m in bed most of every day. I no longer have a life of any kind. I pray my life ends soon.
Jan 15th, 2018