First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
Dec 19th, 2017
John M. from Casa Grande, AZ writes:
I totally agree with this. The medical community has had me labeled since 1988 and the medical community destroyed my life within minutes due to an incompetent nurse. Then I get labeled as a "drug seeker" and many other names. I currently have a doctor that stands up to the DEA. I am 64 years old and in chronic pain for 30 years. I don't know what will happen when he is gone. I do know that while the DEA is giving pain patients a hard time their friends in the CIA have to keep our troops in Afghanistan to protect the opium fields because 90% of the world's herion is supplied by Afghanistan. These corrupt jackasses could care less about us. Everyone in this country has a relative someware that has a pain problem yet our phoney government creates an opioid epidemic to screw chronic pain patients. Hitler just murdered his disabled people. Our US government is doing the same thing but they want us to do their heroin then commit suicide. Just a different way of getting rid of the disabled without having murder on their hands. I will be buried face down So they can all kiss my ass.
Dec 18th, 2017
Someone from Fordyce, AR writes:
I'm a chronic pain patient and have been for several years, I have played by all the rules just because I know if I get my pain meds took away I will be out there on the street with all the others responsible for our drug problem in Arkansas looking for something to relieve the hurt. I have Major DDD and RA and can't take NSAIDs because it causes bad issues with my stomach. The Doctors that are playing by the rules need to be left alone and if you want to tackle the REAL DRUG PROBLEM get out there on our streets and get the dope dealers and meth cookers and all them bringing the real deadly drugs to our Nation!!!!!!!
Dec 15th, 2017
Someone from Ellensburg, WA writes:
Suicide or street drugs are going to be the only option soon
Dec 14th, 2017
Don J. from Mortons Gap, KY signed.
Dec 14th, 2017
Amanda J. from Mortons Gap, KY signed.
Dec 14th, 2017
eugene r. from columbia, LA signed.
Dec 14th, 2017
eugene r. from columbia, LA signed.
Dec 14th, 2017
eugene r. from columbia, LA signed.
Dec 13th, 2017
Johny P. from Corbin, KY writes:
Wrong people being punish ! What has happen to our great USA that has created Hitlers Germany? Under treatment/No treatment in Southeast KY.
Dec 12th, 2017
eugene r. from Columbia, LA writes:
I feel for all of you I am in the same boat now my doctor just died. I am 68 years old with polio paralyzed from the waist down since age 5. I was diagnosed with post polio syndrome at age 45 and put on hydrocodone for life because there is nothing that can be done to cure it. The doctors told me to take it regular and get it in my system and it would help the pain. I have followed there orders to the letter but they didn't tell me 63 years later I would be turned down by every doctor I have tried including the pain clinic in Monroe Louisiana. Every joint in my upper body is wore out from walking on crutches all my life but now I am in a wheelchair for the last 5 years , Its bad enough to be crippled for life and then be tossed out by every doctor because they are scared to write a script. One said he didn't want to get audited the other said he was afraid he would get sued. If these doctors had enough guts to stand up for there own rights this would not be happening. I have had chronic pain for the last 24 years and the hydrocodone is the only thing that has kept it under control. They will see all there doing is helping the black market. Hope something happens to help you all but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I cant even find a doctor who knows anything about polio here.
Dec 11th, 2017
Someone from Bellport, NY writes:
They don'the give a dam what pain you go threw.
Dec 11th, 2017
Someone from Kingman, AZ writes:
I have had severe migraines for the last 2 years. Due to my insurance Dr's dismiss ANTHING I say because I have depression. I had completed a nursing assistant course in July and was scheduled to take my exam October 20 2017. I walked out of the DMV Oct 17 and fell. Mind you I had been dealing with this pain on just Excedrin. No pain meds. Went to hospital, than Dr.My current physician would not see me thinking once again. I was seeking pain meds. I stay in bed, my head pounding, I am going lose my car as without extra income I can not pay it. Never move to Az.
Dec 10th, 2017
Christy S. from Clear Spring, MD writes:
I have chronic pain from herniated discs and damaged nerves in my cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. I am so tired of being at the mercy of doctors and pharmacists. I had a pharmacist say he couldn't fill my prescription because it was his "professional opinion " not to.
Dec 10th, 2017
Melissa J. from Blytheville, AR writes:
I suffer every day in pain and I live in Arkansas. I have been living for over 11 years with numerous health conditions that cause my chronic pain. I was on pain medication on and off for 11 years. Now, I can no longer find a doctor that will write me my medications that have given me a tolerable quality of life. Please rethink what laws you are passing.
Dec 10th, 2017
Melissa J. from Blytheville, AR writes:
Dec 10th, 2017
Melissa J. from Blytheville, AR writes:
Dec 10th, 2017
Melissa J. from Blytheville, AR writes:
Dec 10th, 2017
Kirk L. from Springfield, IL writes:
I am A chronic pain suffer it’s horribale. I don’t even ask for pain meds anymore the doctors just humiliate you and give you their speech.I have several herniated disc in back and neck mri that shows damage. I to want my life back I could work before when I received treatment now I can barley get to the store I hurt so bad.I have no quality of life anymore.I have no hope with doctors anymore.
Dec 9th, 2017
Bryant G. from Tyler, TX writes:
I've had (3) vehicle vs. Me a live human being! I have had accidents at work went to Conentra ruined my back doctors read the interpretation and came back and said "Your necks no good" and much more proof the damage to my body a baby boomer works hard and played hard and gets treated for_____. Nothing! I thought it was "Replace" & Repeal yeah replace with nothing. I also take care of my totally disabled wife who gets nothing! I waited untill A.C.A. was gone. Now I have nothing x2! Thanks so much sarcasm intended! Do something to protect patients & Doctors! Give us lives back.
Dec 9th, 2017
Someone from Springfield, IL writes:
I’m Am in pain everyday the silent suffers we suffer daily no help at all from doctors I have several herniated disc in my back ,neck. I have suffered for years now I don’t even ask doctors for anythihg for pain they treat you like dirt and will not even consider any relief for pain there scared and some say it’s not me. So who is telling my doctor who says why yes you would benefit greatly if on that medication. Then does says it’s not me?
Dec 9th, 2017
Kirk L. from Springfield, IL signed.
Dec 9th, 2017
Someone from Holiday, FL writes:
I'm a chronic pain sufferer with spinal stenosis and i'm sick of being treated like a junky cause I need help to maintain a normal life CONGRESS LEAVE US ALONE
Dec 9th, 2017
Richard B. from Charlotte, NC writes:
This is killing military Veterans!!
Dec 8th, 2017
Someone from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
I live with pain every day. Doctors are too scared to treat us that honestly need help. And when we do ask for help we are looked at like scum or drug addicts. We should not be afraid to ask for help from those who are supposed to help us. If we can’t then who can heal us?
Dec 8th, 2017
Someone from Edgewater, FL writes:
I agree with most of the comments from people who suffer from long term chronic pain. I have been going to the same pharmacies for years and on Dec 6 2017 there was a replacenent pharmacist there and waited over 1 hour and all od a sudden said she couldnt fill it. I cintacted the Ins. Company and said that was not true it was her who rejected the Fentanyl that i have been on for years. She filled my oxcy. but not the other she flat out lied to me and like most people im not a drug addict i suffer from long term chronic pain. I have had over a dozen surgeries and am tired of being trated like a drug addict by certain doctors nurses and pharmacies. I agree tell me where to sign a petition to stop this ********. I cant even get out of bed without my meds. Plus the kicker is my wife has dementia and i take care of her.
Dec 8th, 2017
Someone from Edgewater, FL writes:
Dec 8th, 2017
Someone from Edgewater, FL writes:
Dec 7th, 2017
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
what alternative are we left with if the pharmacies are too afraid to fill valid pain perscriptions so that people can have a quality of life or be able to do the tests they need for a full recovery like myself? Obama should have made sure their was other options before he set the DEA out to end opiate pain meds and congress to this day allows this to continue with no hope insight for alternative help. This is prolonging my recovery because I can not even handle the MRI's, MRA's and other tests due to pain during and the need to remain still during the process. Each day that goes by makes me more susceptable to chronic pain and or permenant damage
Dec 6th, 2017
Someone from Jacksonville, FL writes:
We had adequate pain control until the government decided they were doctors. Now I get to watch family members suffer horribly when they previously had some quality of life. It is heartbreaking and devasting to have loved ones crying in pain, unable to function, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to help them. What is the point of being alive if you cannot get out of bed and be a part of the world around you? Stop discriminating against chronic pain sufferers and give them back the medications they so desperately need!
Dec 2nd, 2017
Someone from Brunswick, GA writes:
I am living in pain! Disable my insurance company Caremark & CVS have me not wanting to be here! I pray for relief but, nothing is helping I do not know what to do?!?
Nov 30th, 2017
Someone from Newark, DE writes:
wow the idiocy is strong this year. Drug abuse has always been there with the people who have drug seeking behaviors. Then there's the stupid people who are in shock at the fake "epidemic" idiot Trump says there is. They can't see it because they like Trump, because they can't see that he's smarter than they are with his lies as he damages the country each month. His formula is simple. Wave hands, twist wig, and over exaggerate everything while acting like a reality show host suddenly under pressure. More bluntly, he over exaggerates and uses buzz words to call attention to issues to make them sound like gigantic issues. Like saying "imploding".. before someone says must be a tree hugger, I think politics are stupid and it's so full of lies I'm not on either side. When you show the damage that drug addicts face, and call it an epidemic, well yeah, that's pretty scary. But people are fooled on new "issues" over and over because he scares people, but that's to distract them from the fact that he's usually up to something completely different. In this case, it's about saving tax dollars for the rich, and that has to do with insurance. He goes so far as to pretend people on certain insurance plans are drug users, but the ones that are on others are not. If it's so bad, why let the supposedly "better" people, or richer people buy all they like of oxycodone? Also people on the other plan can also still get the medicine as if they can just get a little more money and try, they can get them filled anyway. The real truth is he wants to axe programs to shift money around, and by fear mongering, he distracts and that works for the credulous. What I really don't like is being people in real pain, who are not druggy, party people having to suffer. Pain can cause people not to be able to work as well, or sleep sometimes, and can cause depression. It's not just old people. Ask any young person born with issues, or hit by a drunk driver who bought legal alcohol that has no role in reducing pain, but is for recreation "relaxing" etc, as their car plows into an entire family going home. Alcohol is in the top 3 list of accidental deaths. But do you see Trump going after that? aha, you see? People needs to think more, but they don't. There are people right now who disagree who will one day have major or chronic pain and think "what in the heck was I thinking". They will be sorry. I don't want that, but it will happen to them too.
Nov 30th, 2017
Someone from Newark, DE writes:
Nov 27th, 2017
Someone from Fort Dodge, IA writes:
File a discrimination charge with the EEOC for denial of access; I have currently filed with our states civil rights division "such a charge" against Centura health - that has already admitted that it terminated two supervisors for propagating the discriminatory policy (or is it that they got caught) It will only be through aggressive litigation - that the medical community will fear the patient more than the DEA. The DEA has made clear that physicians that discriminate based upon the DEA's aggressive action -do so- at their own risk. Ironically; I was also sent to a pain management clinic; for which the doctor stipulated that for a "fee" he'd gladly give me my prescription pain medication... I turned him into the DEA; it is clear that a criminal element is infiltrating the medical community for profits. Beware of pain management clinics. They are a scam! More interesting than this; is the CDC announced March 2017 in a congressional report - that legal prescription opiate usage was not the cause of the epidemic - that they had gotten it wrong - and it was illicit fentanyl... So why is the DEA still aggressively pursuing the issue of legal prescription usage? After all; they work directly with the CDC???
Nov 26th, 2017
Someone from Harker Heights, TX signed.
Nov 25th, 2017
Kelly C. from Springfield, IL writes:
My last pain medicine was 5 /20/16 when my doctors license was suspended and I was unable to get them, at no fault of my own. Went to the ER, 9 days into major withdrawals after taking methadone tabs for 12 1/2 years. They did NOTHING. Told me the DEA wants it that way so I wont want to use again. I had told him my true story and my doctor they all knew about and still treated me like I was an addict, not a pain sufferer. I have all my records showing I have broken my right hip, neck at C3 and C4, arthritis of lumbar/sacral spine and severe fibromyalgia. I am also allergic to NSAIDS which is a red flag as I guess drug seekers use that one. I relied on Tylenol alone for too long. Not good for my liver. On FB I posted about my pain and someone mentioned kratom. IT WORKS. Also Chuchuhuasi 5x Extract. The kratom is excellent for pain and is all natural from a leaf of Asian trees. It has the same alkaloids as opiate pain meds. It is excellent for opiate withdrawal too. It is illegal in a few states. You can go to www.buybulkkratomUSA.com to see if you can get it. It has made my life livable and tolerable again. The Chuchuhuasi 5x Extract is bark from a tree in the Amazon. Buy it by the powder and mix with a drink, I use V8. I tablespoon a day, twice if needed. I take 2 Tylenol a day now. Also seeing a chiropractor. I feel for you all and hope the Trump makes Big Pharma come up with a med that WORKS for pain and isn't for seizures and such, not being worse for you than it is good. I have gone natural with the kratom and Chuchuhuasi 5x Extract have helped tremendously. If you are going through withdrawal, it is a life saver. If only I had known about it when I was going through withdrawal.
Nov 25th, 2017
Kelly C. from Springfield, IL writes:
Nov 23rd, 2017
Renee S. from Sicklerville, NJ writes:
Because they never lived in this pain where someone has to help you to the bathroom, put you on the toilet and pick you back up get in car on your knees beacuse you can't sit !
Nov 23rd, 2017
thomas f. from Natick, MA writes:
THe Doctors have lied and just turned there back on us. They dont want anything to do with pain paitients.They have abandoned us.And the news media only says what the Government wants us to hean they talk about the opiate Epedemic when them and the doctors created it by cutting off people that were prescribed them for years then left us no choice either get on Methadone or Suboxone or your on your own.What did they think was going to happen people who have been on them for years call it addiction call it dependency whatever if your dependent your addicted.A lot of people actually needed them as much for pain as to prevent withdrawls the doctors Knew this for years but kept increasing dosage which really was the right thing to do. Knowing that your tolerance increases with time. So instead of keeping the existing patients on them and not prescribing new patients which would have been the right thing to do.They sent us out to the streets which for me has ruined me financially i could go on and on long story short Doctors and Government sold us out
Nov 23rd, 2017
Laura R. from Rockford, IL writes:
I'm suffering today. My Dr retired and the referral met me once, decreased my medications, and referred me for mental health and methadone treatment... was of my 15 years of pain care was inappropriate. I'm not a criminal, I'm not any addict, I'm a patient with a valid diagnosis and very real pain.
Nov 23rd, 2017