First Do No Harm: The DEA targets Physicians who treat their patients pain.

There are many Doctors who label their patients unfairly, demean these patients and degrade them because they are victims of chronic life long pain.
This is archaic medicine and does more harm than one can imagine. Physicans are afraid to treat patients who are victims of pain. The DEA targets them and instills fear in how they choose to treat their patients and what they prescribe. More and more, Doctors are refusing to treat their patients who have chronic pain. Patients are far too often considered "Malingering" or "Doctor Shopping".

Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.

Much like the Abortion issue, you force these victims of pain into back door alleyways, store front pain clinics and worse. They receive no counseling on how to take their medication and often don't know what they are taking. Like in the past, by treating victims of pain this way, you force them into seeking help and relief outside of the Law. It is one issue to target illegal clinics but another issue entirely to target Physicians who should be allowed and should be treating their patients who have pain. Instead, Physicians are forced, out of fear of prescribing pain medication, to send their patients off to some "Unknown" pain clinic where they suffer yet more humiliating labels and discrimination. Pharmacists often feel the need to "interfere" and embarass the patient when they pick up their medications. They are treated like second or third class human beings.

Why is it that Doctors are no longer treating the 'Whole Patient?" Not addressing the underlying causes of chronic pain? There are many instances when there is NO clear cause for pain but that is not to say it doesn't exist. Pain receptors malfunction. Injuries can cause pain years later.
Elderly patients who suffer every remaining day of their lives are told by their Doctors' that "They are concerned about a possible addiction". What happened to the quality of their life? Their right to live their life to live without debilitating pain? Their only option may be to consider suicide?
The damage caused is a horror. Elderly commit suicide rather than live with this pain.
Physicians are taught (since the very beginning of medical school) that any patient requesting pain medication is to be Scrutinized" and to be "Wary" of them especially if they tell you they can't take anti-inflammatory drugs, that is a sure "SIGN" of addiction.
I was told this by my own Doctor. "What to watch out for when a patient requests help with their pain." They actually have a class for new Doctors on how NOT to treat patients.
Jun 24th, 2018
Jeffrey J. from Alexandria, VA writes:
The opiophobe hysteria has conflated illicit fentanyl and heroin (and meth and coke and and and), with relatively safe tested effective and inexpensive prescription pain medication. Tens of millions of chronic pain patients depend very heavily on these medications and they have been used for literally centuries. As government has cracked down harshly on pain patients and made physicians reduce their prescriptions--regardless of the consequences for the patient--the number of ODs from fentanyl and heroin continue to rise. Obviously, the two are not related. There are very few ODs from pain medicine taken as prescribed. Moreover, addiction rates have been unchanged essentially for decades. The media has spread a tremendous amount of fear and misinformation in this so-called "epidemic" -- the estimated number of deaths from rx medication (NOT fentanyl and heroin) per year is less than .0001. It is essentially statistically insignificant and there is no crisis with prescription pain medication. The real crisis is the war on chronic pain patients, tens of millions who now live in daily unbearable pain with no help in sight. They are suffering and desperate and many of them have committed suicide. That is the national crisis -- widespread undertreated pain.
Jun 24th, 2018
Julie K. from New York, NY writes:
The DEA are depraved heart murderers. Nobody will stop their cowardly targeting doctors who treat incurable disabled. They are a rouge organized crime organization earners for the DOJ going after a legal and necessary profession causing bodily harm and death to the least fortunate citizens.
Jun 16th, 2018
Jolie H. from Loveland, CO writes:
What America has an illegal opioid epidemic not a RX opioid epidemic. Less than . 8% of chronic pain patients become addicted to opioids. There are other ways to dealing with people dying off of illegal opioids. Limiting RX to chronic pain patients causes harm to patients. I am a chronic pain patient. I have avascular necrosis and rheumatoid arthritis as well as many other painful conditions. RX opioids allowed to to work 2 full time jobs, take care of my family and do other things that I love. Now that I am no longer on RX opioids, my quality of life has suffered. I can barely work and not much more. BC says they can NOT limit RX opioids to their patients. Limiting rx opioids you will see an increase in suicides, people dying from side effects from alternatives to opioids, and increased the supply and demand for illicit opioids. In 2016 there were 15k people that died from side effects of NSAIDS. Every year 80k people die from alcohol related complications. 480k people die from tobacco related death . Yet all of these items are easily bought at a store. If we look at history prohibitions do NOT work. They increase the demand just look at reefer madness and prohibition of alcohol.
Jun 16th, 2018
Someone from Indianapolis, IN writes:
I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis back in 2011. I’ve been with the same pain clinic since 2013. It was very hard for me to find one since mine isn’t based on bone issues. Not a lot of drs know much about my disease. After years of trying all of the treatments available my urologist said all we can do is keep you comfortable. After finding my pain we finally came up with a mix of different meds. I finally had a somewhat normal life. Pain meds aren’t meant to take the pain away but to make it manageable. I was on the same does for 5 years. Never having to up my dose. Back in September that all changed. My pain dr said his hands were tied. I had a long acting pain medication (methadone) with dilaudid for break through pain. He had to drop my methadone all together leaving me with a dose of 3 8 mg of dilaudid. My life has basically gone back to when I started my journey. All of the physical therapy and having to be psychoanalyst just to get to a pain clinic. I’ve had er doctors tell me I don’t need those medications but needed to be see by a psychiatrist. This was for post op complications after having my hysterectomy to try to help my IC pain. This dr just looked at my chart then gave me a lecture about how I’m living my life and that being sexually assulted was the cause of my pain. I left there so upset. I wasn’t there for anything related to my ic. I was there to treat the hemorrhaging. I have a 7 year old daughter who saw mommy have a few good years minus several surgeries a year. Now she sees mommy struggling just to do simple tasks. I push through for her to do sports and enjoy things children her age should be doing. Every night after she goes to bed, I lock myself in the bathroom and break down. I do my best to hide my pain and misery from her. It is unfair for us to have to live this way!
Jun 14th, 2018
Someone from Boonville, MO writes:
How is it not totally obvious? If you have chronic intractable pain, it takes over your life, it,warps your personality, and it punishes the people who love you. Your opioid crisis and our pain crisis are NOT related.
Jun 14th, 2018
Stephanie M. from Indianapolis, IN signed.
Jun 14th, 2018
Barbara W. from Kingsley, MI writes:
Thank you for doing this. I wonder if the petition would be even more effective if you attached the studies that you are referring to. That will make it a more solid argument and also the President, Congress, Ect... can look at them.
Jun 13th, 2018
Someone from Belgrade, MT writes:
I live with trigeminal neuralgia. When pain is triggered - by the wind, a sunburn, blowing my nose, breathing wrong - during a period of time when the illness is active, I stop in my tracks. I don't breathe until the pain stops, and not infrequently, when the jolt of pain ends, I literally fall down. The last time I had a severe episode, things got bad enough that I couldn't eat, sleep, or take my pills ( I take lyrica for pain, depakote for seizure characteristics, and armor thyroid for thyroid issues). Once off the pills, things became quite grim. I went to the E.R. they sent me home with pills, despite knowing I couldnt take them. I couldnt even talk! All my answers were written. The next day, my regular doctor gave me a liquid morphine material. Equally useless, as I couldnt take it either. Night 2 at the E.R., more pills. The THIRD night they put me in the hospital, and promptly put me into a coma. I've read, and re-read the notes - as a PhD who used to teach medical students, adequate notes would tell me what happened. All I know is I was found unresponsive about 30 minutes after admission. I lost -totally lost - two weeks of my life. In reading those notes though, I did learn that the first two sets of E.R. personnel felt that the pain was exaggerated. I hope they NEVER feel even half that much pain.
Jun 13th, 2018
Linda W. from Moultrie, GA writes:
My life has drastically changed since becoming disabled from a 1998 car accident and other illnesses. Nine (9) years ago, I weighed over 300 pounds, oxygen dependent, wheelchair bound and no quality of life due to being UNDER treated. I was already in pain management at that time but could not get adequate care. I finally found the right Dr and everything changed. Today I am literally half the person I was, I now weigh 145 pounds and I'm not in a wheelchair or on oxygen BUT I am living in fear of my meds being cut or taken away. My illness has already robbed me of a very rewarding legal career and now I'm facing going back to the person I once was or worse...... I know what it's like to suffer from seizures due to NOT having the appropriate medicine because I've actually tried tapering and it's HELL! The flu does not even come close to the symptoms I had. I currently have a great Dr but I've also lost 2 Drs in the past year due to their fear of these new guidelines. The government is robbing our Drs of their ability to keep their oath to Do No Harm. Why? What gives these people the right to tell our Drs how to treat us? Our Drs know us! The government doesn't! We put you in office, we can take you out!
Jun 13th, 2018
Someone from Pensacola, FL writes:
Five years ago I was doing fine living with CRPS and Ulnar Neuropathy (inoperable due to having CRPS) as my Treatment Plan was for the most part 80% successful. Had Stellate Ganglion Blocks done on both sides every 8 months, exercised routinely to keep my left shoulder from freezing up, prescribed Kadian ER 60mg bid, Lyrica 150mg bid, Dilaudid 4mg 3 x prn, and had the occasional Trigger Point Injections when needed in my shoulders and elbows. That abruptly came to an end shortly after the DEA paid a visit to my Pain Management Doctor. The Practice adopted to follow the CDC’s new guidelines whereas it was stated that it was optional for Pain Management. They violated the Contract I signed stating that all Treatment Plans would be discussed between the Patient and the Doctor before any changes were agreeded to before being implemented. After seeing my Doctors P.A., everything was fine until I was handed a new Rx’s for Kadian ER 40mg bid and told by the P.A. that my Doctor had no choice but to reduce the strength of my prescription, that his “Hands WereTied, Sorry!” That developed into another nightmare that was about to unfold. Kadian ER Capsules have no generic substitute at the 40mg level, no Pharmacy carried it, nor did either of the two Distribution Centers they order it from. CVS Pharmacy tried, they had to order a Special Form to fill out that in turn had to be filled out to order it. Came back a week later when I went to pick up my Rx as denied, meanwhile I only had a 3 days supply of my 60mg capsules left. Being a Disabled Retired Veteran, I went to the Naval Hospital Pharmacy to see if they by chance carried it. Nope, not in their formulary; however, they could order it and did, only it would take 6 days before they could get it on hand even while putting a “priority rush” on it. A three day gap between medications equals one nasty and dangerous “cold turkey” withdrawal! Went to my Pain Management Doctors Office and brought this to the attention of their Nurse in charge of Medication Prescription Refills. She blew me off in front of a waiting room full of patients and their caregivers. Basically told me that it was my problem regarding the gap in pain medication, and was my responsibility to get my prescription filled that the Doctor wrote in a timely manner, not theirs. Could have gone to the ER, got admitted for withdrawal, only problem was if I had any seizures while going through it I’d lose my Drivers License for 6 months and deal with the ******** to get it back. Went home and prepared myself for the inevitable! It was like having the Flu on Steroids along with mild seizures over those first three days, felt better on the fourth day, especially when I finally got the call that my Kadian ER 40mg Rx came in and would be ready for pick up by the time I could get there. Wrong, she was still unpacking the shipment by the time I drove the 6 Miles, cleared the Gateguard Checkpoint, found Parking, and made it to the Pharmacy Pickup Window, about 15 minutes in all! No sooner than I got back to the car, I took one right away hoping to curb any further side effects from withdrawal! Seen my Doctor the following week for my next Set of Stellate Ganglion Blocks, told him about everything that happened. He turned red, left the room, and evidently fired that Nurse on the spot, hadn’t seen her since then. When he came back in he apologized to me and said she overstepped her bounds by not informing him of the exact situation at hand and making a life threatening decision on her own., especially regarding any break in medication. Won’t ever happen again! Took awhile to adjust to the new lower dosage, also noticed I needed more Trigger Point Injections and Stellate Ganglion Blocks are now done every 4 to 6 months apart. Haven’t slept through an entire night since, wake up frozen in pain whether from rolling over in bed applying pressure on my shoulder or elbows. Take a Dilaudud and a Muscle Relaxer, watch TV for about an hour until the Nerve Pain subsides to a level where I can go back to sleep for at least another two to three hours before it happens again. Basically become a shut-in, only leave the house to Grocery Shop, take the Dogs to the Vets, go to Doctor Appointments, and Pick up my Prescriptions; the******you have to do in order to survive. I used to do Yard Work, Maintenance around the house being a “Jack of all Trades” I learned as a SEABEE while serving in the Navy, often drove 1,000 Miles to visit my family and friends in Chicago. All came to a stop, don’t have the energy or stamina anymore, pain rules the day 24/7/365! Everything I did before always came at a price, would take a day or two to recoup and recover, but I did get out, kept in shape, and enjoyed some quality of life. Six months later came ‘Forced Reduction’ part two. This time I was given a choice regarding the Morphine Equavilant (ME) factor. That discussion came down to which do you prefer to reduce, your Kadian 40mg bid, or Dilaudid 4mg 3 x day prn? I was currently at 128ME after being reduced from 168ME and needed to be below the 120ME as near to 90M as possible. Dilaudid is my Breakthrough Pain Medication taken as needed (prn), the Kadian is my constant ‘level drug’ that already falls short of being effective (about 55 to 65% effective). Just fracking shoot me and get it over with already, of course I’ll keep the damn Kadian 40mg being the Level Drug, so they reduced my Dilaudid 4mg dow to 2mg 3 x day bid for a total of 104ME. Eventually I foresee it will probably go down to 1 Dilaudid 2mg tablet for breakthrough pain (glorified aspirin for treating nerve endings on fire) in order to obtainf an 88ME below the 90ME limit, paying no mind to the “Do No Harm” aspect which has stole what “Quality of Life” I had for the purpose of preserving “Quantity of Life” regarding an ME Number! And they wonder why people in our predicament sometimes choose to opt out of life when looking at another 20 years of being stuck in an embodiment of constant pain without any hope of regaining any resemblance of a quality of life! I keep on trudging forward with hope, yet do so with skepticism that our government officials will do right by us. My challenge to the bureaucrats is to p rove me wrong by giving me my quality of life back before you make it any worse than it is!
Jun 13th, 2018
Someone from Pensacola, FL writes:
Jun 13th, 2018
Patricia N. from Finleyville, PA writes:
I’ve suffered with debilitating chronic pain since 2006 , had two spinal surgeries, have titanium rods and screws in my spinal and still suffering with nerve pain. I have Fibromyalgia and an autoimmune disease which contribute to my pain level. I am not a criminal, I am not an Addict ... I am a United States Citizen who has health and physical issues which cause me to suffer with Chronic Intractable Pain. What is wrong with you people?!?!
Jun 13th, 2018
Brett H. from Clinton Township, MI writes:
The Right Majority is so full of crap they choose to believe that they are always right. I believe if you drug tested Congress there would be an incredible mass exodus the day after. The Right has put in place these brainiacs in EVERY branch of the Government just like Trump that spew nonsense they read in Readers Digest ending lives and causing suffering like wildfire. They want to crush us like bugs and the only way to make sure they are gone and some sense comes back to Government is to vote Democratic election day. By the way, I have read and seen signed that some the CDC scientists feel like 30 percent of the "new people" there do not belong and are not using scientific methods on their research. This means they are wasting our money, picking fights and causing us issues in the real world to better the people (their stance on global warming and coal is an example of their indifference and collusion) for their campaign donors not for the people that need something. My God people in need? Tough.. Every one of these agencies and Congress are fighting us. Fight back. Vote. Petition, Call Senators, Write them, Demonstrate if you can especially in front of Government Agencies.
Jun 13th, 2018
Dee g. from Philadelphia, PA writes:
I have severe pain last time i had no meds. I was put in hospital. For 2 weeks to get pain under control they gave me stronger meds then what i ended up with the pain cause me to have 2 stroaks an then found a dr to help me. Now my dr will no longer treat chronic pain because of dea atacking drs an all of us who suffer are being pushed to so cslled pain msng these drs are there to give shots surgery etc for some who have done that only thing left is meds without that i have no quality. Of life...there are some. That have chosen suicide. To stop the pain.this is not fair. My god. What kind of country do we live in..... Where its just fine to let people suffer day in day out.an even their doctor can't help them.....
Jun 13th, 2018
Angela S. from Dearborn, MI writes:
I have suffered with chronic pain for over 30th years. Was treated with Tylenol 3 in high school. I have been on many medications and tried all alternative treatments. I have been in Oxicodine and fentanyl and had no problem stopping either as they did not help the pain. I can no longer get the treatment I need in e.r. when the pain gets so bad it causes non stop vomiting. I have never abused or misused my meds. You are punishing those of us in pain. It is bad enough that we merely exist trying to get through day to day but to take our only form of relief is nothing short of cruel. Our Drs are scared to treat us.
Jun 13th, 2018
Angela S. from Dearborn, MI writes:
Jun 12th, 2018
Linda D. from Maryville, TN writes:
My husband has used these medicines for many years for a injury to his spine and he is not a drug addict. Leave pain patients treatment to their doctors not people in the government who know nothing about medicine.
Someone from Orchard Park, NY writes:
Have been in pain from work related accidents as a registered nurse. Took 20 yrs to get adequate pain relief but now pain management wants to decrease my meds. So depressing and scary. Don't want to live in pain anymore.
Someone from Orchard Park, NY writes:
Someone from Orchard Park, NY writes:
Someone from Orchard Park, NY writes:
Someone from Hemet, CA writes:
RHE DEA IS ITHE LEAST COST EFFECTIVE BEAUREAU. TOO MANY TAKE DRUGS AND MONEY FRO PERSONAL PRIFIT. THE PILL MILLS HAVE BEEN GONE FOR TEARS AS ARE 99% OF THE VAD DRS. HIGH DOSE OPIOID THEREPY WORKS. YOU ARE COPS NOT DRS. STOP BEING PUSSIES AND GO AFTER GANGS AND CARTELLS. I HOPE YOUR FAMILIES ARE IN SEVERE PAIN AND YIU RUN OUT OF YOUR STOLEN STASH. I IHOPE YOU ALL GET SHOT IN THE SPINE AND HAVE TO TAKE TWO BUFFERIN
Jun 10th, 2018
Sarah J. from Priest River, ID writes:
I see a doctor in Washington State. My doctor knows I was already at too low of a dose to properly treat my pain. Yet, here comes another reduction. And another one is planned for next year, I am told. So those of you signing this petition, be aware that I was told next year MME is planned to drop yet again, to 50MME. At least in Washington State. I can't find a doctor in my own state that will take me, so I guess unless something happens, I'll be cut down again next year. If I'm still around that is. A person can only take so much.
Jun 10th, 2018
James H. from Seattle, WA writes:
My Doctors Have Told ME That "The DEA Or The WA. State Medical Quality Assurance Commission Will Take Their Licenses If They Do Comply With The New Guidelines. That Is Blackmail!!! The New Guidelines Are Not To Apply To All Patients Who Are Grandfathered IN According TO THE NEW LAW. IF YOU WERE ON OPIOIDS FOR 6MONTHS OR LONGER...BEFORE THE NEW LAW WAS ON THE BOOKS!!!
Jun 10th, 2018
John B. from Hope, AR signed.
Jun 9th, 2018
Someone from Huntsville, AL writes:
I am investigating a class action lawsuit to just get our rights back to have our pain managed again. A lot of trouble to go through for something so simple. We don't seek any money for our effort from the government. If you want to help us, join the War On Pain (Official) group and volunteer in any way you can to lead meaningful change and help us create the largest civil rights crime since the 1960's. We can find a way to protect our young people from illegal street opiates like heroin and illegally made Chinese Fentanyl that has been found added to boost heroin's effect by the Drug Enforcement Agency. And at the same time protecting the rights of your loved ones or yourself to receive narcotic pain medicine when you are rushed to the ER from a severe car accident, or when your parent in a nursing home falls and breaks their hips and needs some pain medicine to go through physical therapy, or when you have cancer and it invades a tissue that causes severe pain, or when you like me have spinal cord damage and unrelenting intractable severe arm and neck pain and many other ways you can have chronic pain. Our government is not getting the full story and is too focused on the addiction side, and is forgetting about all these real needs of pain relief that give people with severe accidents and severe health issues some relief without resorting to suicide or emigration out of the land of the free and home of the brave. Join the fight for your freedom!
Jun 9th, 2018
Leticia G. from Bryan, OH writes:
My husband has adhesive arachnids,degenerative disc disease ,chronic kidney disease and more.He had been on same dose for 8yrs no increases. Pain mess were a last resort for him so he could continue working to support our family despite suffering intractable pain.His doctor of 18yrs has exhausted all appeals with insurance company. Our government is allowing insurance companies to play doctors because they are quoting the false inflated numbers by cdc. Its hard enough to find a doctor that knows anything about this rare disease and now we are forced to trust and insurance company to know more than a doctor?Not only insurance companies but not we have to get through pharmacist, and now our own states!How can this be legal that all these entities have the right to tell my doctor what's medically necessary for his rare disease. We had to hire a disability attorney. This was a stable high functioning patient with a rare debilitating incurable disease. He is being forced on to disability before his disease took him out.If addicts are allowed life time meds to promote stability and function then why can't my husband be allowed the same treatment. Both meds have potental for addiction and diversion. My husband has never had addictive behavior.He has had same job for 17yrs.We have been married since 1993 and have kids and grandkids. He supports 2 families.
Jun 9th, 2018
Steven H. from Wichita, KS writes:
It is shameful that the United States has allowed the DOJ/DEA to Target and Prosecute Healthcare Providers who care for the voters who have elected Congress to office.