STOP THE EPIDEMIC OF PARENTAL ALIENATION NOW! Make Parental Alienation a Crime Against a Child and Punishable by Law.

We the Undersigned Call Upon the U.S. Senate / U.S. House / U.S. Congress of the United States of America to Stop Parental Alienation by Making it a Crime Punishable by Law.

"Parental alienation" refers primarily to the manipulation and brainwashing of a child that a parent resorts to in order to exclude the other parent from the life of the child.

For more helpful information on Parental Alienation please visit our Facebook page.

PARENTAL ALIENATION:

Is the process, and the result, of the psychological manipulation of a child into showing unwarranted fear, disrespect or hostility towards a parent and/or other family members. It is a distinctive and widespread form of psychological abuse and family violence -towards both the child and the rejected family members-that occurs almost exclusively in association with family separation or divorce (particularly where legal action is involved) and that undermines core principles of both the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Most commonly, the primary cause is a parent wishing to exclude another parent from the life of their child, but other family members or friends, as well as professionals involved with the family (including psychologists, lawyers and judges), may contribute significantly to the process. It often leads to the long-term, or even permanent, estrangement of a child from one parent and other family members and, as a particularly adverse childhood experience, results in significantly increased risks of both mental and physical illness for children.

Parental alienation is pathogenic parenting. It is a form of child abuse performed by a hostile aggressive parent against the other, targeted parent, using their child(ren) as a weapon during a child custody dispute between unwed, separated, divorcing or divorced parents.

LOW PARENTAL ALIENATION:

The "Low Parental Alienation" label applies to parents who direct negative behavior or comments at the other parent in front of the child, but who regret the outbursts, worry about their affect on the child, and take steps to explain the inappropriate actions.
Many parents will occasionally engage in low-level alienating behavior, but these parents recognize that the child needs to have a normal, healthy, loving relationship with the other parent. These parents know their occasional outbursts are wrong, and have a healthy enough attitude to correct their mistakes. They may not always want to do the right thing, but they usually do the right thing without regret because they know what's right is what's best for their child.

MODERATE PARENTAL ALIENATION:

The "Moderate Parental Alienation" label applies to parents who mean well; who believe their child should have a normal, healthy relationship with the other parent, but who also believe that the relationship shouldn't come at their expense or in any way interfere with their life.
Parents who engage in moderate alienating behavior usually react to some real or perceived slight from the other parent. Moderate-level alienators have a hard time controlling their emotions and will tend to have more emotional issues than someone who falls into the low-level alienator category. The all out assault on the other parent usually lasts as long as their emotional reaction lasts. When these parents get over their anger, they stop the alienating behavior and move on. While they may not go out of their way to facilitate the child's relationship with the other parent, at least they don't sabotage the relationship. That is, until the next real or perceived slight from the other parent. Then the alienating behavior begins again.

SEVERE PARENTAL ALIENATION:

The "Severe Parental Alienation" label applies to parents with a mission – destroy the previous healthy and loving relationship between the child and the child's other parent. These alienators are obsessed and relentless. They never get tired, stop scheming or pass up an opportunity to reinforce their destructive message to the child. They conscript friends, family members, neighbors, co-workers, the police and social service agencies into their battle against the targeted parent.
When severe alienators are in the throes of an alienation campaign, the child is both a weapon to be used against the targeted parent and a tool to make them feel emotionally complete. They rarely stop to consider how their actions affect the child. If they do consider the child, severe alienators quickly address those thoughts with simple behavior-reinforcing platitudes such as, "I know best," "Whatever it takes," and "It's the other parent's fault." Severe alienators are neither aware of, nor interested in, the confusion and conflicted emotions raging inside the child. These parents are only interested in satisfying their own unhealthy internally driven needs.
Once the alienation is complete and the parent/child relationship is destroyed, unsatisfied severe alienators may continue using the child to exact further revenge on the previously loved spouse. Together parent and child can run up unnecessary bills aimed at leaving the targeted parent in debt. They can make false physical or sexual abuse allegations aimed at branding the targeted parent an abusive parent or sex offender. They can make false statements to the police in an attempt to get the targeted parent arrested and jailed. Severe alienating parents tap a bottomless source of creativity that only hatred, obsession and vindictiveness can fuel.

Thank You for taking the time to address the issue presented. Your support in the matter is needed immediately and is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
The Undersigned
Apr 28th, 2017
Elizabeth B. from Stoneboro, PA writes:
My kids are medical kidnapped by not CPS but a woman got them walking in my house.an now CPS got my youngest baby trying to adopt him out to foster family that was separated an threatened my life twice CPS LEAVES MY SON WITH THEM AFTER ALL THAT AN MORE EVIDENCE TOO.
Apr 28th, 2017
Samantha P. from Orange, VA writes:
Over a year now and have only been separated from my husband for 2 years. How long will it be before I get to see my child again? Father has no job, lives with his parents, has health issues that restrict him from driving and sometimes being functional...how does that get custody over a mother that has had a steady income with a college education, home of her own and perfect health? Because a 12 year old wants to live with dad or might I say grandma that spoils him? How does that make any sence?
Apr 22nd, 2017
Joy W. from Washougal, WA writes:
I am a mother suffering from parental aleniation. My 15 year old is also being physically abused and has cried out for help and no one will help her. Not.CPS not the police no one. When she begs to come home she gets grounded. Here's the twist this is her ex step mom doing this. Her dad died of an od. The judge have gave her to him because she would be better off. Now the judge is forcing my child to stay there because step Mom got an attorney and filed for custody. She won't even talk to her something has to be done to stop this!!!! I can't afford an attorney and no help is available to me. So I am at a plato
Apr 14th, 2017
Barbara V. from Clarkston, MI signed.
Apr 14th, 2017
Amy F. from Muskegon, MI writes:
Going on three years of PA.
Apr 14th, 2017
Amy F. from Muskegon, MI writes:
Going on three years of PA.
Apr 14th, 2017
Martin N. from Hillsborough, NJ signed.
Apr 14th, 2017
Someone from Westlake Village, CA signed.
Apr 14th, 2017
Someone from Lansing, MI writes:
Sounds familiar. Girlfriend of an alienated father (Severe). Mother's been working on it for years. Court not giving consequences despite all the proof a judge should need. Mother has political affiliation in community. Suspect bias because due process not occuring.
Apr 10th, 2017
Diana C. from Osceola, IN writes:
Alienated Grandmother and Father in Indiana
Apr 10th, 2017
Regina C. from Austell, GA signed.
Apr 10th, 2017
Mary D. from Lowville, NY signed.
Apr 10th, 2017
Mary D. from Lowville, NY signed.
Apr 9th, 2017
Peter M. from Fertile, MN writes:
Protect our future, this is destroying a generation!!! Stop Parental Alienation and save our youth.
Apr 9th, 2017
Peter M. from Fertile, MN writes:
Apr 9th, 2017
Stephanie G. from Mount Vernon, TX signed.
Mar 30th, 2017
Kelly T. from Anderson, TX signed.
Mar 29th, 2017
Someone from Peebles, OH writes:
I agree this needs to come to an end. Why should our children be abused like this.
Mar 29th, 2017
Darya H. from Victorville, CA writes:
Parental Alienation can quickly turn into Abduction. Contact Denial and Parental Alienation is CRIMINAL law, not family law.
Mar 24th, 2017
DIANA P. from Pine Brook, NJ writes:
I HAVE A QUESTION. WHEN PARENTS LEAVE THEIR CHILDREN ALONE AND ARE MINERS UNDER AGE 13 Y/O 24/7 AND THE CHILDREN NEVER SEE THEIR MOTHER OR FATHER IS THAT CONSIDERED A CRIME? IF SO, HOW CAN WE STOP THIS AND HOW DO WE GO ABOUT REPORTING SUCH ACTIVITY IN HOUSEHOLDS.
Mar 24th, 2017
Alisha Lynn W. from Trumann, AR writes:
This is an epidemic on the world and its future. It must be stopped quickly. Please don't make our children suffer at the hands of cruelty anymore
Mar 24th, 2017
Alisha Lynn W. from Trumann, AR writes:
Mar 23rd, 2017
Michael P. from Safety Harbor, FL writes:
Government sponsored Parental Alienation bullies parents to DEATH. This can and will be prevented by the people, for the people.
Mar 23rd, 2017
Sarah Z. from Salem, OR writes:
It's abuse. Parental alienation causes long term damage to these children and their families. Children need both parents and more specifically they need both parents to work together in a civil manner.
Mar 23rd, 2017
Torrie K. from Sarasota, FL writes:
My children have been kept away for over a year from a loving positive role model that only desired to be the best support for the benefit of my children, because of a cps coverup that left my stepson in a sexually abusive home. Parental alienation is detrimental to our children. Stop the lies. Stop parental alienation.
Mar 23rd, 2017
Errol A. from Poulsbo, WA writes:
Thank you for everything you do. I am currently writing my Response to petitioner to change parenting plan. In my response I have done my homework and I have documented thoroughly, and I am borrowing what I read on here, and I say in my response that I am not a doctor so I will not give labels however I believe my son and I are victims of (insert the proper names Chad posted earlier. Etc etc.) You are very helpful, i am grateful.
Mar 21st, 2017
Someone from San Pablo, CA signed.
Mar 21st, 2017
Someone from Sterling Heights, MI signed.
Mar 19th, 2017
Dylin M. from Kennewick, WA writes:
It hurts and it destroys lives I most definitly kno the mental and physical toll it can take on a parent being kept from there kid for no good reason at all it happened and is happening to me I didn't see my baby for a whole month then I got her for three days which is wat we agreed every other weekend sun to wed Sunday and Wednesday only being half the day then she makes me go another month and then she only let's me have her for 8 HOURS and that's it won't let me have her over night it so hard not seeing ur child for that long and then seeing her for 8 hours and having to say goodbye again and she just waves to daddy cause she's only 1 1/2 and Iv seen her 3 days and 8 hours in the last 3 months she never used to be able to just say bye when I leave cause she didn't want dad to go now jbhavent been around cause her mom won't let me it's so heartbreaking and mentally stressful everyone please sign this no one should have to go through wat I Iv had to endure and have there lil girl or joy kept from them ;(..
Mar 19th, 2017
Aime C. from Reading, PA writes:
The state of Pa has put a price tag on kids heads causing non custodial parents to brainwash and alienate their children against the loving primary parent. This allows them to stop paying support and hurt the targeted parent . Most these parents would not even be in the child's life if support was not calculated by # of overnights with the child !!! This is CHILD ABUSE
Mar 19th, 2017
Mitzi P. from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Mar 19th, 2017
Mitzi P. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
I'm currently in the fourth year of being kept from my children. And there isn't a day that goes by that I don't cry over the huge hole in my heart that this has created. If you've ever lost a child, then you'll know how it feels being an alienated parent. It feels like you're morning the death of your child. The only difference is that there is an added emotion to the spectrum. You hope, and pray, that your children are doing well. That they are being treated good, and being raised properly by the parent keeping the children. And then the other pain hits, because you're being alienated from your child's life, you have no idea if they are ok. If they are dead or alive. If they are hurting, and so on. Which then just adds more stress, and makes you feel like luge for yourself has ended. That there is nothing left for you to continue to live for. And you withdraw within yourself, and hide from the world. You know that your child is being brainwashed, because you hear it from friends who still have contact with the alternator and children. So then you realize that the children ARE being hurt. Because they are being told that you don't care about them, you don't love them, and that your life and what you are doing in your life right now, is way more important then they are. This IS a form of child abuse, and should be considered as such. Action should be being taken to make this stop! The abuse should be stopped! The child needs BOTH parents in their lives. The time lost between the children, and the alienated parent, needs to be resolved. And the alienated parent needs to feel safe, and avoid conflict with the other parent, when it comes to visitation of the children. There is so much that needs to happen here with this. Laws need to be passed and enforced to protect all parties involved in the matter. Please do something here, before it's too late for many of us, and come up with something to put a stop to parental alienation. I'm missing my babies, and the time is going by too fast. I'm missing watching them grow, school graduations, proms, and their life milestones, all because my ex wants to hurry me. This has to end! Please help me and other parents, so we don't have to cry ourselves to sleep every night, and mourn the loss of our children. The pain is almost too unbearable at times.
Mar 18th, 2017
Peter M. from Fertile, MN writes:
Stop parental alienation.
Mar 18th, 2017
Danielle B. from Tidioute, PA writes:
My daughter has been alienated from me by her father. I have only seen her a few times since june 2016. When she has been with me she does not want to return to her fathers but he demands her to go home by bribing her using her boyfriend. She is 16. I miss her terribly and hate seeing what is being done to her.
Mar 18th, 2017
Suzanne A. from Carlisle, PA writes:
I was alienated from my dad when I was a kid. He died before I figured out what my mom had done. I am now alienated from my three adult children, who in turn has also alienated me from my five grandchildren ages four months thru seven years. It is devestating. Please do whatever you can to keep anyone else from experiencing this pain, that never goes away and has not lessened over time.
Mar 18th, 2017
Serena W. from Houston, TX writes:
Nobody should ever have to feel this pain! Especially our children!!
Mar 18th, 2017
Nick V. from Manawa, WI writes:
Suffering through parental alienation for 6 months now. My ex has refused to talk to me or let me see my Son. I have tried everything I can think of to get her to talk to me see will not. You would think that she would with me being the father of our child but nope she has completely ruined my life. There's some days I don't want to go on anymore. I miss my Son so much! : '( I often at times don't think I'll ever be apart of his life or see him again. His Mother hates me so much and for the likes of me I don't know why... 3 and a half years with someone and then one day just snaps and changes into a completely different person. I have accepted that I probably may never see my Son again... Missed his first birthday on Valentines Day because of my ex. Haven't seen him since October. Please someone hear me and please someone make this a law.... No parent should ever have to grieve over a loss of a child who is still alive... Not like this... :(
Mar 18th, 2017
Brian H. from Sayre, PA writes:
Children are suffering. Mine clearly are, but politics and prejudice have prevented them from living in a stable, nurturing environment. Please
Mar 18th, 2017