Stop The Choking Game

There is an alarming wave of deaths among our country?s youth; a wave that continues to go unnoticed by mainstream media. Adolescents across the nation are victims of unintentional fatalities caused by their participation in the ?choking game? and though known by many names, the intent is to pass out purposely for amusement or for a ?buzz?. This silent epidemic that focuses the most brutal results on our very young middle schoolers, remains hidden from public attention because currently there is no way to accurately track and report the number of cases. This lack of statistical proof also limits prevention efforts promoted by the grass-roots organization of the thousands of grieving families who have lost a child to this insidious ?game?.

As your constituent, I have signed my name below to ask that you help us help our children by doing the following:

1. Call the CDC and request to be briefed on the issue of the ?choking game?.

2. Support the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services by requesting that the World Health Organization add a sub code that includes the ?choking game? as a cause of death.

3. Include the ?choking game? among the health-risk behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth in the CDC?s Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS), and make the YRBS affordable and accessible for all states.

4. Support the CDC?s Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) model of education as the means to disseminate information regarding the ?choking game?.

Enduring the death of a child is heartbreaking. As my representative to Congress, I ask that you help me prevent other families from this heartache by showing your support in establishing statistical evidence of the ?choking game,? Your efforts will assist us in heightening awareness among teens and their parents, teachers, and health care providers.

Dec 15th, 2015
Someone from Colorado Springs, CO signed.
Dec 11th, 2015
Someone from Smithville, TX signed.
Nov 22nd, 2015
Someone from Nashville, AR signed.
Nov 5th, 2015
Someone from Dallas, TX signed.
Oct 14th, 2015
Someone from East Weymouth, MA writes:
Please talk to your children. Communication is half the battle. Don't ever assume "it's not MY KID". Be someone your kids can come and talk to. Whether it is about their own life or a friends .
Oct 14th, 2015
Someone from Cocoa, FL signed.
Oct 14th, 2015
Someone from Holbrook, MA signed.
Oct 13th, 2015
Someone from Tacoma, WA signed.
Oct 12th, 2015
Someone from Shoshone, ID signed.
Oct 12th, 2015
Someone from Glens Falls, NY signed.
Oct 12th, 2015
Someone from De Witt, IA signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Heath, OH signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Oshkosh, WI signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Keller, TX signed.
Someone from Oshkosh, WI writes:
Help stop the choking game! I lost my cousin to this horrifying so called game. Kids and parents need to be educated on this so called game, not many people know the consequences to playing this "game" THIS NEEDS TO STOP!
Someone from Oshkosh, WI writes:
Help stop the choking game I lost my boyfriend to it.:( 8//16/14 😭
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Kenosha, WI signed.
Someone from Oshkosh, WI writes:
I feel that this chocking game needs to desperately be brought into our school system. So many parents are not aware of this tragic so called chocking game and need to be informed. We lost our 13 year old grandson to this game on August 16th 2014 and have heard of many more young people since. I could go on and on why this needs to happen. Please don't put this on the back burner like so many other things. THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE !!!!!
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Oshkosh, WI signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Euclid, OH signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Racine, WI signed.
Someone from Bountiful, UT writes:
I lost my son to this deadly game
Someone from Nevada, MO writes:
I lost my Nephew to this stupid game. Today he would have turn 18 and a senior in High School. Please make awareness happen. I miss him with all my heart and I feel the same to all families who have lost a love one to this.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Twin Falls, ID signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Minneapolis, MN signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Davenport, IA signed.
Oct 11th, 2015
Someone from Kenosha, WI signed.
Someone from Oshkosh, WI writes:
I lost my 13 yr old Great Nephew to this game on Aug. 16th, 2013. My life has been torn apart because. Now his 4 yr old Brother is suffering by remembering in "detail" what he saw the day he found his brother hanging from the ceiling. The fear that this little boy may one day reenact what he saw is very real. This had got to stop. PLEASE, help us stop this senseless dying.
Oct 10th, 2015
Someone from Oshkosh, WI signed.
Oct 10th, 2015
Someone from Mexico, MO signed.
Oct 6th, 2015
Someone from Chesterfield, MO writes:
We lost our son on March 13, 2015 at the age of 15. There needs to be more awareness about this deadly so-called game. Schools will talk about other risk taking behaviors such as drugs, sex and alcohol but are afraid to talk about the choking game in fear that students will be interested in trying it. This makes no sense! Teens are more at risk for trying drugs, alcohol and sex but yet we still educate them about the risks involved.
Oct 1st, 2015
Someone from Rancho Cucamonga, CA signed.
Sep 30th, 2015
Someone from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
because I loved Luca! and he was a great friend to me
Sep 2nd, 2015
Someone from Holmdel, NJ writes:
Liz A. one of my dearest friends lost her nephew to this game. He came from a loving family and I knew his Dad. His Dad is a good man. No one should experience the loss of a child. The loss of a child to a game is a responsibility we all need to prevent. Always in our hearts.
Aug 22nd, 2015
Someone from Burbank, CA signed.
Jul 27th, 2015
Someone from Chino Hills, CA signed.
Jul 15th, 2015
Someone from Randolph, NJ writes:
Lost a childhood friend to this.
Jul 9th, 2015
Someone from Sutherland, VA signed.
Jul 4th, 2015
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
Jun 29th, 2015
Someone from Newbury Park, CA signed.