Stop The Choking Game

There is an alarming wave of deaths among our country?s youth; a wave that continues to go unnoticed by mainstream media. Adolescents across the nation are victims of unintentional fatalities caused by their participation in the ?choking game? and though known by many names, the intent is to pass out purposely for amusement or for a ?buzz?. This silent epidemic that focuses the most brutal results on our very young middle schoolers, remains hidden from public attention because currently there is no way to accurately track and report the number of cases. This lack of statistical proof also limits prevention efforts promoted by the grass-roots organization of the thousands of grieving families who have lost a child to this insidious ?game?.

As your constituent, I have signed my name below to ask that you help us help our children by doing the following:

1. Call the CDC and request to be briefed on the issue of the ?choking game?.

2. Support the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services by requesting that the World Health Organization add a sub code that includes the ?choking game? as a cause of death.

3. Include the ?choking game? among the health-risk behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth in the CDC?s Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS), and make the YRBS affordable and accessible for all states.

4. Support the CDC?s Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) model of education as the means to disseminate information regarding the ?choking game?.

Enduring the death of a child is heartbreaking. As my representative to Congress, I ask that you help me prevent other families from this heartache by showing your support in establishing statistical evidence of the ?choking game,? Your efforts will assist us in heightening awareness among teens and their parents, teachers, and health care providers.

Someone from Germantown, TN writes:
**In memory of Austin Spicer**
Someone from Leander, TX writes:
In memory of Austin Spicer
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Arlington, TN signed.
Someone from Memphis, TN writes:
#spicer33
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Millington, TN signed.
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Arlington, TN signed.
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Memphis, TN signed.
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Arlington, TX signed.
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Arlington, TN signed.
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Memphis, TN signed.
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Memphis, TN signed.
Someone from Cordova, TN writes:
#Spicer33
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Pitkin, LA signed.
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Memphis, TN signed.
Someone from Cordova, TN writes:
In memory of Austin James Spicer 3/28/16
Jul 19th, 2016
Someone from San Fernando, CA writes:
I cannot begin to express appreciation for the work of JUDY ROGG of Erik's Cause. I have tapped into the wealth of information she has amassed for the benefit of all parents to consume so that we can educate our sons and daughters and STOP the tween and teen Death Toll because of the Choking Game. NOW IT'S TIME FOR CONGRESS TO TAKE ACTION ON THIS ISSUE. RESPOND TO THIS PETITION WITH THE LEVEL OF URGENCY IT DESERVES!
Jul 6th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jul 6th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jul 6th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jul 6th, 2016
Someone from Woodbridge, VA signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Apopka, FL signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Hartford, CT signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
I'm so sorry for those who have lost a child to this madness...I have a 3yr old just frightening to see what this world is coming to. Prayers for a better future for our kids!!!!
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Manchester, CT signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
Loosing my beautiful 17 yr old niece, Imani Rose Rodriguez on May 4th 2016, has forever drastically change our entire family, her mother my little sister and her father cry everyday, my sister is down to a size 0, cannot eat... we are hurting so bad, my niece also left behind a brother who's autistic, he keeps saying he wants to just say hi to her. We cannot bring her back, and we cannot just sit here and be still.
Jun 6th, 2016
Someone from Apopka, FL signed.
Jun 6th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
Please help stop this awful game. To many people have lost their lives because of this... I don't want anyone to suffer a lost like I did
Jun 3rd, 2016
Someone from Lake Orion, MI signed.
Jun 2nd, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jun 1st, 2016
Someone from Ormond Beach, FL signed.
Jun 1st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
I've recently lost a good friend of mine due to this "game". It's so indescribably horrible. I see how strong her family is on the outside, but I can tell they are so broken on the inside. RIP Imani ?
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Tipp City, OH signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Winter Haven, FL writes:
I have lost a cousin to this deadly game.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Bristol, CT writes:
It's a tragedy when something like this hits close to home. Please please pay attention to our youth. Times are perilous and no one is paying attention.