Stop The Choking Game

There is an alarming wave of deaths among our country?s youth; a wave that continues to go unnoticed by mainstream media. Adolescents across the nation are victims of unintentional fatalities caused by their participation in the ?choking game? and though known by many names, the intent is to pass out purposely for amusement or for a ?buzz?. This silent epidemic that focuses the most brutal results on our very young middle schoolers, remains hidden from public attention because currently there is no way to accurately track and report the number of cases. This lack of statistical proof also limits prevention efforts promoted by the grass-roots organization of the thousands of grieving families who have lost a child to this insidious ?game?.

As your constituent, I have signed my name below to ask that you help us help our children by doing the following:

1. Call the CDC and request to be briefed on the issue of the ?choking game?.

2. Support the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services by requesting that the World Health Organization add a sub code that includes the ?choking game? as a cause of death.

3. Include the ?choking game? among the health-risk behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth in the CDC?s Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS), and make the YRBS affordable and accessible for all states.

4. Support the CDC?s Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) model of education as the means to disseminate information regarding the ?choking game?.

Enduring the death of a child is heartbreaking. As my representative to Congress, I ask that you help me prevent other families from this heartache by showing your support in establishing statistical evidence of the ?choking game,? Your efforts will assist us in heightening awareness among teens and their parents, teachers, and health care providers.

Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Manchester, CT signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jul 5th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
Loosing my beautiful 17 yr old niece, Imani Rose Rodriguez on May 4th 2016, has forever drastically change our entire family, her mother my little sister and her father cry everyday, my sister is down to a size 0, cannot eat... we are hurting so bad, my niece also left behind a brother who's autistic, he keeps saying he wants to just say hi to her. We cannot bring her back, and we cannot just sit here and be still.
Jun 6th, 2016
Someone from Apopka, FL signed.
Jun 6th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
Please help stop this awful game. To many people have lost their lives because of this... I don't want anyone to suffer a lost like I did
Jun 3rd, 2016
Someone from Lake Orion, MI signed.
Jun 2nd, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Jun 1st, 2016
Someone from Ormond Beach, FL signed.
Jun 1st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
I've recently lost a good friend of mine due to this "game". It's so indescribably horrible. I see how strong her family is on the outside, but I can tell they are so broken on the inside. RIP Imani ?
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Tipp City, OH signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Someone from Winter Haven, FL writes:
I have lost a cousin to this deadly game.
Someone from Bristol, CT writes:
It's a tragedy when something like this hits close to home. Please please pay attention to our youth. Times are perilous and no one is paying attention.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from East Hartford, CT signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Ormond Beach, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Ormond Beach, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 31st, 2016
Someone from Bristol, CT signed.
May 29th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 29th, 2016
Someone from Simsbury, CT signed.
May 29th, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
May 1st, 2016
Someone from Chattahoochee, FL signed.
Apr 28th, 2016
Someone from West Milford, NJ signed.
Apr 20th, 2016
Someone from Santa Monica, CA signed.
Apr 20th, 2016
Someone from Garden Grove, CA signed.
Apr 13th, 2016
Someone from Conway, SC signed.
Apr 13th, 2016
Someone from Myrtle Beach, SC signed.
Apr 9th, 2016
Someone from Santa Monica, CA signed.
Apr 6th, 2016
Someone from Matoaka, WV signed.
Mar 22nd, 2016
Someone from Dekalb, IL writes:
I lost my cousin to this game at the age of 9. I sign this petition, demanding that our youth are informed properly about the dangers of this game, and the long-term effect that it can have on their lives and the lives of their loved ones.
Mar 9th, 2016
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
I had a friend whose 15 year old died recently. The coroner determined it was suicide. the Choking Game was the first thing that came to my mind. My friend and I are estranged; I couldn't, therefore, suggest that her death may have been accidental vs suicide. I posted the information to my fb page, with the hope that parents/relative/friends/etc. will read about this and have a genuine and concomitantly stern discussion with their children and teens.
Mar 4th, 2016
Someone from San Leandro, CA signed.
Mar 1st, 2016
Someone from Nashville, TN signed.
Mar 1st, 2016
Someone from Buffalo Grove, IL signed.
Feb 13th, 2016
Someone from Asbury Park, NJ signed.