Ensure Medicare Patient Access to Cancer Care

I am writing to express concern about the proposal by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to cut Medicare payments to cancer care providers, such as hematologists/oncologists, nuclear medicine specialists, urologists and radiation therapists, beginning in calendar year (CY) 2010. As you may know, over 25% of the total proposed cuts in 2010 will be directed towards the above specialists.

President Obama recently pledged that the passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), "will launch a new effort to conquer a disease that has touched the life of nearly every American, including me, by seeking a cure for cancer in our time". Thus, it is perplexing that the cuts outlined by CMS will negatively impact cancer patients, making advances in cancer care more difficult to deliver.

To be successful in the very personal war against cancer, each patient must have access to the full range of cancer therapies, to cure cancer, to control the growth of cancer, or to relieve pain and other cancer symptoms. It is imperative that the continued achievements of various cancer care therapies be made available to all Medicare patients.

I urge CMS to refrain from finalizing the reductions in Medicare payment for cancer care providers, as proposed in the CY 2010 Physician Fee Schedule Rule.

Nov 21st, 2015
Someone from Fostoria, OH writes:
What do you study? albuterol inhaler online The world's biggest and second biggest retailers, Wal-MartStores Inc and French retailer Carrefour SA are for now slugging it out alone, although there have beensuggestions that Carrefour too could be seeking a local partner.
Nov 21st, 2015
Someone from Jay, OK writes:
I'd like to open a business account apcalis london A three-point strategy is required to create a strong domestic offshore wind supply chain, according to the report, which recommends that the UK government should attract turbine manufacturers, support export opportunities for UK firms and build on the strengths of other companies in the supply chain.
Nov 21st, 2015
Someone from Edgar, NE writes:
Can I use your phone? will retin a fade acne scars "If they put another 20,000 border patrol agents on the border, we will have to explain to folks what their rights are as residents," says Vaughn Cox, the program development director for La Union Del Pueblo Entero, a local immigrant advocacy group. "Whether or not they are documented, everyone has Constitutional rights."
Nov 18th, 2015
Someone from Shippensburg, PA writes:
My FIl didnt get all his meds. he couldnt afford them. he passed away a year later. his insurance wouldnt pay for them.
Nov 17th, 2015
Someone from Brierfield, AL writes:
I'd like to send this parcel to accutane prescription uk A mong the fiercest of battlegrounds is the battle among parents to land their 4-year-olds in public school gifted-and-talented classes. While they wonâ??t kill for spots, some moms and dads will sue for them.
Nov 17th, 2015
Someone from Townsend, TN writes:
What sort of music do you like? get accutane The benefits of marriage aren't all about sharing expenses, either. That helps, of course, especially when it comes to combining resources to buy a home, open a checking account or shopping two-for-one sales. But singles can also find ways to make expenses go further.
Nov 11th, 2015
Someone from South Lyon, MI signed.
Nov 5th, 2015
Someone from Dallas, TX signed.
Oct 28th, 2015
Someone from Bardstown, KY signed.
Oct 27th, 2015
Someone from Chandler, AZ signed.
Sep 3rd, 2015
Someone from West Roxbury, MA signed.
Jul 23rd, 2015
Someone from San Jacinto, CA signed.
Jul 21st, 2015
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Jun 18th, 2015
Someone from Lewiston, CA signed.
May 30th, 2015
Someone from Bismarck, ND writes:
I FEEL THAT IF THEIR IS A CURE FOR DIABETES TYPE 2 DEALING WITH STEM CELLS THE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE IT TO LIVE LONGER LIVES AS WELL FOR PARKINSON DECEASED.
May 8th, 2015
Someone from Downey, CA signed.
May 8th, 2015
Someone from Hanford, CA signed.
May 8th, 2015
Someone from Santa Maria, CA signed.
May 8th, 2015
Someone from Cedar Rapids, IA signed.
May 8th, 2015
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
May 8th, 2015
Someone from Palmdale, CA writes:
I believe that lifers need to b with there loved ones @least twice out of the month or just once the ones with no violent abuse in there cases...plz...pass the law again I really want our loved ones to spend more time with them besides 5 hrs once a month
Apr 27th, 2015
Someone from Midway City, CA writes:
Need advice on my Cancer surgery of Colon Cancer,developed two Hernias from negligence and had emergency surgery on the wound from the stitches after Cancer surgery.
Apr 9th, 2015
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
God please help us all because law enforcement courts and ssa surely will not
Mar 29th, 2015
Someone from Memphis, TN signed.
Mar 21st, 2015
Someone from Kemp, TX writes:
2012 I was in a bad accident, I was crushed and the heavy object,@ 6000 lbs, was dropped back on me during my extraction! Severe internal injuries, arm detachment, split shoulder blade, numerous crushed ribs, #4 rib punctured my lungs, my sternum bulges 1" from my chest, as I attempted to breathe the skin lifted from my chest as on a croaking bullfrog! the first hospital was unable to tend my wounds,so got sent to another hospital, already 5 hours in the first hospital. The next hospital I was taken to by ambulance, my lungs could not take the pressure of a helicopter ride. The next East Texas hospital put me in a room,said to be trauma 2, it was a storage room, nearly 6 hrs I lay with no attention for me! It became apparent I was being left to die, I to my girlfriend to go get me something to wear,my clothes were removed at the first hospital. When a family member arrived and my girlfriend could get away to get me clothes and did, when she returned I was being put in ICU on a respirator, to inflate my lungs! only 3 1/2 days I was kept, and then sent home! My two week check up, I was unable to get the financial support and the doctor told me if any other issues go to local emergency room! so, I lay in my bed and put my body back in place! it's been over two years and it has been difficult but I have been capable of making a good partial recovery, but because injuries are mostly internal, I look mostly normal, but I am easily strangled and with my sternum ripped from my ribs, using my arms can be painful, nothing to keep my ribs from squeezing my lungs when I attempt to lift objects! In the beginning a Dr said 15 lbs could be fatal and their were no aid for me! I have paid taxes and help so many others! I was left to die! My will and my lords wish gave me a reason for life! A burden of life for others, I asked to be taken, but was given a will for life! So now I'm living, constant pain and suffering and those close to me, I have to watch their sad eyes and pity for me! How many more must suffer from an unfortunate accident or medical condition that affects quality of life and the pain is a second x second thing, sometimes so hungry and to move your arms, you will starve while staring at the plate of food, because to eat, movement is only pain and the loss of appetite! So you fall asleep and live another day!
Jan 27th, 2015
Someone from Lorain, OH signed.
Nov 2nd, 2014
Someone from Nicholasville, KY signed.
Nov 2nd, 2014
Someone from Nicholasville, KY signed.
Oct 11th, 2014
Someone from Sebring, FL signed.
Oct 8th, 2014
Someone from Weare, NH writes:
I am so tired of the sick and elderly who are suffering (and dying) just because of all the politics. I have 3 very close friends and 2 very close family members lose their battles to cancer. Sadly, most of our highly paid government officials couldn't care less about middle America, in spite of what they say. I see it in all facets of life.....once a person has success and power, all their wonderful ideas are overcome by their ego and paybacks to friends. Too bad they don't have the sense to realize that their friends are only 'friends' because of what they can do for them. Politics is everywhere, but it's almost impossible to find honesty and integrity.
Oct 5th, 2014
Someone from Brant Rock, MA writes:
There has always been a Federal Law/Act in place since World War 2, that not a lot of people know about. That is the Hilburton Act. This covers free health care for all. Not many will tell you this, because it somehow affects this so called Obama care.. apparently, nobody was doing their homework.. Oh well, what else is new. Sadly, just because we elect officials, not all.. William Keating, is one of the best, as far as I'm concerned. However, Duval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts, apparently had no idea that this Federal Law has existed since World War 2 and then revised in the seventies and then recently revised. So with this, I am one who called Duval Patrick;s office, quite some time ago, to let them know that this Act/Law has existed for years, (apparently, they did not know), but that is why you have interns, or as a govern officials you should know what you are doing legally or at least get an intern who can help you with this... Sadly, in this country, some officials aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, if you know what I mean... Oh well, sad but true.. In my work, I've had to deal with this many times.. that is why I am informing those who do not have any knowledge regarding a law/act that has been on the books for many, many years... I thought that I would do so for the sake of everyone of this forum.. and for those officials who have never heard of the Law.. I am only here to help... Please feel free to look up this Law. I've done many talk shows Nationally on other legal issues. So, please trust me on this. thanks again, Denise, Director of Victims Fighting Back, a non profit organization that advocates on behalf of victims of DV... Please feel free to check out these Laws that have been on the books for years.. this should be a help.. especially for cancer victims, etc. Good luck.. Denise Gordon....
Aug 3rd, 2014
Someone from Auburn, WA signed.
Jul 29th, 2014
Someone from Almonesson, NJ signed.
Jan 12th, 2014
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
Nov 16th, 2013
Someone from Pflugerville, TX writes:
Please do thing for my son. Your kind conseration will be highly obliged.
Oct 7th, 2013
Someone from Mobile, AL signed.
Oct 7th, 2013
Someone from Mobile, AL signed.
Sep 27th, 2013
Someone from Junction City, OR signed.
Aug 14th, 2013
Someone from Brookfield, CT signed.
Jun 26th, 2013
Someone from Scott, AR signed.