Ensure Medicare Patient Access to Cancer Care

I am writing to express concern about the proposal by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to cut Medicare payments to cancer care providers, such as hematologists/oncologists, nuclear medicine specialists, urologists and radiation therapists, beginning in calendar year (CY) 2010. As you may know, over 25% of the total proposed cuts in 2010 will be directed towards the above specialists.

President Obama recently pledged that the passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), "will launch a new effort to conquer a disease that has touched the life of nearly every American, including me, by seeking a cure for cancer in our time". Thus, it is perplexing that the cuts outlined by CMS will negatively impact cancer patients, making advances in cancer care more difficult to deliver.

To be successful in the very personal war against cancer, each patient must have access to the full range of cancer therapies, to cure cancer, to control the growth of cancer, or to relieve pain and other cancer symptoms. It is imperative that the continued achievements of various cancer care therapies be made available to all Medicare patients.

I urge CMS to refrain from finalizing the reductions in Medicare payment for cancer care providers, as proposed in the CY 2010 Physician Fee Schedule Rule.

Apr 11th, 2018
Sheanie M. from Bogalusa, LA writes:
I'd like to start a petition for reduction of first time violent offenders reduce their time to 75 percent.
Oct 20th, 2017
Abdulaziz B. from North Kingstown, RI writes:
President Donald trump with all do respect I am please you being the president of United States. I ask you please with the lords name to support our Kurdish regime and country. We as Kurdish people got many enemies in different areas in the Middle East especially the Iraqi Sheia law and the Iranian terrorist groups. We need all the support there is to defeat our enemies to take over Kirkuk city and have an independent Kurdistan country. You know as a president of a free world we are the only friends Americans have. As for me I am an American citizen and I'm Kurdish but I am American now I support United States at all times. So please help us win this war and let us Kurds live in peace. Thank you for your time and much more respect to you.
Oct 5th, 2017
Ronda G. from Pooler, GA writes:
Due to the lack of action on my government to see that the federal immigration violation laws and federal child support enforcement laws for immigration in our military I may have to resort to Medicaid for my child as he has had a kidney condition since a child and Social Security it such a mess his records were returned with a females Social Security claimants information and ss# in it so please...we will meed it. As I requested assistance from my representative and they wanted me to reword my request, without the HIPPA complaints as I also had a deceased male veterans info in MY VA CFile....needles to say I have gotten NO help from my elected officials!
Oct 5th, 2017
Ronda G. from Pooler, GA writes:
Oct 1st, 2017
April W. from Roseville, MI writes:
We need change for the medical 111 Device the essure harmed all of us women .
Oct 1st, 2017
April W. from Roseville, MI writes:
We need change for the medical 111 Device the essure harmed all of us women .
Aug 10th, 2017
Diane H. from Lakeside, AZ writes:
Why can't you just leave us a little something of our heritage. I am so sick of the destruction of our lands and the creatures that live there. These wild horses and burros do nothing but give us great pleasure when we see them out in their natural habitats. Please just leave them alone.
Jul 27th, 2017
Golzar A. from Fairfax, VA writes:
I fully support the referendum is about time for the Kurd.
Jul 27th, 2017
Delair A. from Fairfax, VA writes:
I fully support the referendum is about time for the Kurd . Flag Comment
Jul 23rd, 2017
Chra N. from Lincoln, NE writes:
I don't vote for Kurdistan's refrandom, I'll vote ( NO )
Mar 26th, 2017
David H. from Austin, TX writes:
Every medicare recipient should absolutely have access to cancer care, however "cancer care" should also include a much wider array of accepted treatment options than are generally included in most plans today. Alternative therapies to chemotherapy should be available at the discretion of the patient and their doctor. This then creates the need for discussion and debate on what exactly would and wouldn't be allowable and to what limits. With that said I am signing this petition to pledge my support of cancer care inclusion in medicare. That should be a mandate. If we can at least agree on this as a requirement at some level, then the discussion must turn to this more detailed discussion.
Mar 23rd, 2017
Chad B. from Houston, TX writes:
Cancer research and therapy should be one of our top priorities as a nation and globally.
Mar 22nd, 2017
Someone from Detroit, MI signed.
Mar 16th, 2017
THOMAS H. from Coal City, WV writes:
I agree totally with above!
Feb 15th, 2017
Someone from Mission Hill, SD signed.
Dec 1st, 2016
FMF Vietnam Corpsman P. from Langhorne, PA writes:
Fellow Brothers and Sisters in Arms: When many do a little .... a lot can get done. We can say Mountain move and it will move We need to have a call to action regarding the next Secretary of Veteran Affairs. Please read my message to Congress as I have detailed why I have petitioned them. Sarah Palin is in the running for that position. That scares the bejesus out of me. I feel either Jeff Miller or General Petraeus should be getting the nod as they have the credentials that Palin could not hold a stick to in any way. Thank you for reading this and hopefully, your support in this effort. When many do a little .... a lot can get done. We can say Mountain move and it will move
Dec 1st, 2016
FMF Vietnam Corpsman P. from Langhorne, PA writes:
Nov 13th, 2016
Someone from Etna, NH signed.
Oct 27th, 2016
Loretta l. from HOUSTON, TX signed.
Sep 20th, 2016
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
Sep 15th, 2016
Someone from Washington, DC writes:
Any policy or law that denies health care treatment should be voided, especially for terminal illnesses...
Sep 9th, 2016
Someone from Westport, WA signed.
Aug 30th, 2016
Someone from Yuma, AZ writes:
Reese the Beast is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 24th, 2016
Someone from Brunswick, GA writes:
We need to get 35 States to get the 28th amendment passed. Find it and read it and you will understand
Aug 19th, 2016
Someone from New Carlisle, OH writes:
Please donot cut payments for any health care provider.
Aug 16th, 2016
Someone from Mcdonough, GA signed.
Aug 6th, 2016
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Columbus, OH writes:
I think the federal government should not have any right to tell your physician what he can or cannot prescribe to a patient that is one reason he went to school they treat doctors and people like children and if we don't speak up that they have no business in our medical problems what are they going to try to take control of in our lives next when it comes to medical issues I don't think that is anyonebody's business but you're own
Jul 20th, 2016
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
May 17th, 2016
Someone from Fort Smith, AR signed.
Apr 25th, 2016
Someone from Taunton, MA writes:
the government shouldn't have control of our healthcare rights
Mar 14th, 2016
Someone from Luther, MI signed.
Mar 13th, 2016
Someone from Sylvester, GA signed.
Mar 12th, 2016
Someone from Hollywood, FL signed.
Feb 27th, 2016
Someone from Carol Stream, IL signed.
Nov 28th, 2015
Someone from Lerna, IL writes:
Could I take your name and number, please? buy mebendazole albendazole 'You can just sit there for a while,' is the message to Vettel, who is 3.5 seconds adrift of race-leader Grosjean. Hulkenberg is enjoying another stellar afternoon. The Sauber driver is fifth and crawling all over the back of Ricciardo's Toro Rosso gearbox.
Nov 28th, 2015
Someone from Summerton, SC writes:
Whereabouts are you from? order albendazole online Indeed, I'd ask every member of Congress, and those of you watching at home tonight, to view those videos of the attack, and then ask: What kind of world will we live in if the United States of America sees a dictator brazenly violate international law with poison gas and we choose to look the other way? Franklin Roosevelt once said our national determination to keep free of foreign wars and foreign entanglements cannot prevent us from feeling deep concern when ideals and principles that we have cherished are challenged.
Nov 21st, 2015
Someone from Tomahawk, KY writes:
Thanks funny site buy gabapentin 800 mg A senior U.S. diplomat has held talks with Egypt's interim president and prime minister-designate in the highest level visit by an American official since the Egyptian military ousted the country's first democratically leader.
Nov 21st, 2015
Someone from Kipnuk, AK writes:
Could you transfer $1000 from my current account to my deposit account? neurontin 800 mg price “There’s definitely a different breed of ballplayer coming out,” Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire said last weekend. “This seems to be one of those cycles where a lot of young players are flashing quick.”
Nov 21st, 2015
Someone from Sherwood, AR writes:
I've been cut off where can i buy albuterol Cantor, as well as other House Republican leaders, insists that the GOP’s strategy is “going to be a lot more deliberative and smart” than the comprehensive approach the Senate took to pass legislation earlier this summer.