18,540 Letters Sent So Far

July 1, 2012

Hi there,

I am writing to you to ask you for your support for H-4 Dependent Spouses to Apply for Employment Authorization. H-4 dependent spouses of principal H-1B non-immigrants who have begun the process of seeking lawful permanent resident (LPR) status through employment and have extended their authorized period of admission or "stay" in the U.S. under section 104(c) or 106(a) of Public Law 106-313, also known as the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21). Allowing the eligible class of H-4 dependent spouses to work encourages professionals with high demand skills to remain in the country and help spur the innovation and growth of U.S. companies, and thus allow the United States to remain a world leader in high technology. Already published in the Unified Agenda......

Please pass this rule!!!!

Thanks and Regards!

Harjeet Kaur

Enter Your Name and Submit to Sign

don't show my name
Add your public comments (optional):
View activity report
People signing this petition:     Browse all signers
I am licensed Physical therapist but because of H4 visa status I am unable to practice. I am in United states for almost 4 years after marriage and unable to work because of H4 visa
I am a h4 visa holder and have been unemployed for 2 years. I really hope H4 holders can get work permit so that I can work and help my family.
I had been working with a good company in India for almost 8 years before coming to US with my husband. While coming to US I had to take the hardest decision in my life - Work or Family. Now in H4, I am feeling that all my hard work till now for earning a good degree as well as a good job has just gone waste as I cannot use those anymore for my benefit or for the benefit of my family. I feel like I am just forced to stay back at home doing household work and taking care of my kids.Please do allow all of us in H4 to work instead of making us sit at home and waste the valuable time of our life
It hurts me to say to my wife who is winning scholarships at her school for outstanding academic performance that she cannot work here because she is on a H4. I request the authorities to please allow H4 (spouses) of H1-B to work.
I have been on h4 for a year. I am a highly skilled women who got married to one highly skilled man. Never knew this skill would be so hard to deal with without being able to work. I understand that H4 s know what they can do nd what they cannot while they file for a visa, but it's a mutual world. A wife becomes happy and is willing to support her husband when a good oppuryunity comes over to him and vice versa. And yes, I could hve stayed in my own county and work but till how long? I cannot stay away from my husband , neither can he. So, we can quit USA and go back. Okay, but another H1 and H4 story will begin again when some one else comes to replace us. So, USA either stop issuing H1 to skilled professionals from other countries or if you still have to issue then let their dependents work too.. It's a basic right to work and survive.
need immidate action i am here more that 14 years no jobs
I want to work / contribute to this nation. I also want to financially support my family. Staying at home would rust me and my talents.