Vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton on November 6, 2012, as a Write-in Candidate for President of the United States
Messages Sent So Far
Mr. President, Madam Secretary of State, Madam Chair of the DNC, Distinguished DNC Members and Superdelegates:
We, the undersigned Democrats, want a new Democratic nominee for President who can win in 2012. We are convinced that the only person with the national stature, experience, and high enough approval ratings who can win the general election in November of 2012 is Hillary Rodham Clinton. We demand that the Democratic National Committee convene an Emergency Session of Delegates in accordance with the DNC's Rules and By-Laws Committee to recast their votes for the only viable nominee, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Mr. President, we thank you for your service. However, we must ask you to do the right thing for your Party and your country and step aside, much like Lyndon Baines Johnson did in 1968 when he read the writing on the wall as to his own chances for victory. Renomination is not mandatory, nor is it a right. It is a privilege granted by us, "We the People." On faith, the Party and the nation gave you a chance as a newcomer with little experience to lead us out of the wilderness of recession. We must now ask for the keys back to the Party and to the White House.
Likewise, Madam Secretary, we thank you for your exceptional service to our country as its top diplomat. Your leadership is what this country needs at this crucial time in our nation's history. We respectfully ask you to submit your resignation from the State Department in order to begin a general election campaign for President of the United States, effective immediately. In your heart, Madam Secretary, you know you are the only one with the experience and stature enough to lead this nation through its most difficult hour. We ask you to accept this challenge. We urge you to have the confidence that Senator Robert Kennedy showed in 1968 when he challenged an unpopular President for the Democratic nomination, causing President Lyndon Johnson to withdraw from the race. It is not lost on us that you once held Bobby Kennedy's United States Senate Seat, and like Senator Kennedy, serve in a President's Cabinet. As first lady, you have said you most related to Eleanor Roosevelt. Now we call up you to relate to her husband, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and lead us out of our modern day "Great Depression" as our 45th President of the United States..
And to the Democratic National Committee Chair, Vice Chairs, and Distinguished DNC Members as well as the Superdelegate Members, make no mistake: under NO circumstance will we cast a vote for your current predetermined choice for nominee, Barack Obama. We will not fall in line like last time in 2008 when we were asked to be "good little Democrats" for the sake of the Party. We all know how that worked out. We are fully prepared to take matters into our own hands and launch our own massive write-in campaign, much like Senator Murkowski's successful write-in campaign in Alaska.
We, the signers of this Petition, do not accept the Democratic National Committee's current nominee for President of the United States, Barack Obama. We have signed this declaration because of the following:
1. 23% real unemployment; The 9.1% or 8.6% rate does not reflect workers who have exhausted their benefits (99ers) or discouraged workers who have given up looking for jobs that are not out there.
2. Health Care Bill: Public Option Taken Off Table Before Negotiations Began; Still No Affordable Health Care
3. Under Funded Stimulus (Not Sufficient To Increase Aggregate Demand)
4. Failure To Reinstate Glass Steagall 1933 Banking Regulation
5. Threats to Cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
6. Response to Gulf Oil Spill Insufficient and Delayed: This Administration's Katrina
7. Anemic Response to Haitian Relief
8. Extension of Bush Tax Cuts After Campaign Promise to End Them
9. Afghanistan War: The Promised 2011 Exit Delayed
10. Response to DOMA Too Little Too Late; Respect for Marriage Act purely ceremonial and an olive branch to base to assist reelection with little effect in the divided Congress
11. Support for National Defense Authorization Act's unlawful military detention of citizens without trial
12. Unapologetic use of unmanned drones in Pakistan, killing innocent civilians, including mourners, rescue workers, women and children; use of spy drones in Iran, provoking an already volatile situation between Iran and Israel
13. Failure to consult with Congress per the War Powers Act before committing troops to Libya, even at the request of the Speaker of the House.
14. Using the Office of the President to secure a $500 million loan of taxpayer money for the risky energy firm Solyndra, despite White House emails acknowledging the firm's financial troubles; requesting the firm delay its scheduled layoffs until after the 2010 midterm elections.
15. Failure to accept responsibility in the 'Fast and Furious' / 'Gunwalker' covert mission which resulted in the murder of border patrol agent Brian Terry; failure to request resignations within the Justice Department, despite Congress' demands to do so.
16. Failure to prosecute even one Wall Street executive or banker responsible for practices which led to financial collapse, under false claim that no laws were broken: Sarbanes-Oxley Law
17. Assuming authority to assassinate U.S. citizens suspected of terrorism without due process
18. Refusal to sign Executive Order banning discrimination against LGBT Federal Contract Workers
19. Abandoning unions, the left, and the base in Wisconsin recall effort in order to save own reelection
20. Referring to private sector job growth as "just fine"
21. Suffering weak performances in four primaries where protest candidates earned more than 40% of the vote, including a Texas inmate and "Uncommitted"
22. Release of weak jobs report just five months before general election
So now "We, the People," implore you, for the sake of the Party and of the country, to reconsider your choice for the 2012 Democratic Presidential Nomination. We all witnessed the tremendous losses to our Party in last fall's mid-term elections. It is time to admit that the path chosen in 2008 is not working out, and that as a Party we need to nominate Hillary Rodham Clinton as the 2012 Democratic Presidential Nominee.
Join the Petition on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/kcWALx
Follow the Petition on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VoteHillary2012
Contact us at: HillaryClintonforPresident2012@yahoo.com
View the Petition at http://t.co/IxHI6Cj
Steve Rosinski on 'Cavuto' on Fox Business 1/06/12:
Steve Rosinski on 'Your World with Neil Cavuto' on Fox News 1/10/12:
US News & World Report 'Draft Hillary' Effort Targets S.C., Nevada
"Clinton backers want her to seek the presidency" , the Star-Telegram:
Pat Caddell and Doug Schoen in their Politico op-ed "New Hampshire Voters Should Draft Hillary"
The Week ( UK) " 'Draft Hillary': attempt to push Obama aside looks serious":
Steve Rosinski is the author, creator and administrator of the Petition. Steve worked as a member of the Clinton-Gore Advance Team and is a graduate of Holy Cross College with a degree in Political Science. He can be reached at SteveRosinski@gmail.com
Post Public Comments
2,751 Public Comments So Far
View More Comments: