Kentucky Medical Marijuana/Cannabis Act
4,816 Letters Sent So Far
3:52 PM 2/1/2010
BE IT KNOWN that it is the intent of this "petition" to collect signatures to be submitted to the Kentucky Legislative body to enact a "bill" to authorize the use of MEDICAL MARIJUANA in the state of KENTUCKY.
This "BILL" will include but is not limited to the following constraints:
1. The "BILL" will enact a statutory mechanism to regulate and authorize the
medical use of Marijuana by "qualifying patients" who have a valid "registry
identification card" (i.e., a "registered qualifying patient") and permits any
qualifying patient to apply to the Department of Health or other entity as set
forth in the provisions of the "bill", for a registry card to be used under the mechanism,
with the application including a health care practitioner's written certification stating
that the qualifying patient is likely to receive therapeutic or
palliative benefit from the medical use of Marijuana/Cannabis.
2. Defines a "qualifying patient" as a person who has been diagnosed by
a health care practitioner as having a debilitating medical condition.
3. Specifies certain Cannabis-related activities,
4. Permits a "primary caregiver" who is at least 21 years of age
to be registered as above.
5. Sets a time limit for approval or denial of an application.
6. Provides for the revocation of a registry card in specified circumstances.
7. Requires the "patient" or "caregiver" to maintain Cannabis/Marijuana plants
in an enclosed area out of public view.
8. Provides certain protections to a registered, qualifying patients and caregivers
related to their cardholder status, i.e., parental rights, employer's, etc.,
9. Specifies that the mechanism DOES NOT REQUIRE:
a. a government medical assistance program or private health insurer
to bear the cost for this "medication".
b. an employer to accomodate the use of Cannabis/Marijuana in the
workplace, nor any employee working while impaired.
10. Imposes functions and duties upon the Department of Health (or other entity),
that relate to the medical use of Cannabis/Marijuana.
11. Establishes an "advisory council" to accept and consider petitions from the
public or physicians to consider the addition of debilitating illnesses.
12. Prohibits any person or government entity from disclosing any information
contained in an application for a registry identification card.
13. "Visiting patients" who have been documented in another state who come to
Kentucky on a limited basis shall be recognized as having complied with the law of Kentucky.
14. Specifies that POSSESSION OF OR APPLICATION FOR A REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION
CARD DOES NOT CONSTITUTE PROBABLE CAUSE OR REASONABLE SUSPICION TO SEARCH OR
SEIZE THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OF THE PERSON POSSESSING OR APPLYING FOR THE CARD.
NO PERSON MAY BE SUBJECT TO ARREST, PROSECUTION, OR PENALTY OR BE DENIED ANY RIGHT
OR PRIVILEGE SOLELY FOR BEING WITH OR NEAR A REGISTERED PRIMARY CAREGIVER OR PA