Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
May 28th, 2010
Someone from Grapevine, TX writes:
During my divorce, my ex made false accusations against me, the fourth man she has made them against, it did not matter, I was charged as if guilty, without any evidence, only her word.
May 28th, 2010
Someone from Irving, TX writes:
There are many people who have been falsely accused which totally changed their lives and not for the better.
May 28th, 2010
Someone from San Bernardino, CA signed.
May 27th, 2010
Someone from Daly City, CA writes:
My fiance falsy accused. The children are the ones who suffer the most. We have spent a great amount of money on our defense. We have a great attorney. The law will prevail. We will win this. But for now, we wait until the trial. Coming soon and cant wait.
May 26th, 2010
Someone from Little Falls, NJ signed.
May 26th, 2010
Someone from Little Falls, NJ signed.
May 26th, 2010
Someone from Little Falls, NJ signed.
May 26th, 2010
Someone from Marion, VA writes:
I came across this petition while searching for any domestic violence cry wolf laws that might exist for the state of West Virginia. My brother who is currently still married to his acuser and a father to their two daughters in reality has been the victim for over 5yrs now. In the past 5yrs she has filed 12+ domestic assult charges against him and most recent 2 protective orders for her and the girls because she fears for their lives. Not one time has there been any evidence at ALL that he has laid a hand on her other than her word. He has not seen his girls but for 2wks in the past 3mths and that was when she asked him to come back home the day after filing the second protective order and now it won't be till the middle of July when they go for the divorce hearing that he might get to see them again. How sad for those children! He is unemployed and has no money, resources or will power left to fight her. Something has got to change and someone in the courts have to realize the pattern here. I hope in some way by me signing this petition and telling only 1/3 of my brothers story that it will help.
May 24th, 2010
Someone from Fort Drum, NY signed.
May 23rd, 2010
Someone from Trenton, NJ signed.
May 22nd, 2010
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
May 21st, 2010
Someone from Spring Hill, FL writes:
My 40yo son was a law abiding citizen, a professional job for 20 yrs is now unemployable, homeless, lost everything including self esteem, has custody of three children, all hurt badly by two yr marriage to a vindictive jealous stepmom who made false allegation of dom viol thanks to VAWA. My son is all but dead. Stop this insanity
May 20th, 2010
Someone from Kenosha, WI signed.
May 19th, 2010
Someone from Cincinnati, OH writes:
I was just acquitted of a false allegation in March, this is the second time my spouse tried this avenue, she was the abuser in both situations, and the police refused to take a complaint from me. With evidence to prove he the perp, i was still turned away, REFORM VAWA NOW. Where is my equal protection and programs.
May 18th, 2010
Someone from Jacksonville, FL writes:
My wife of 3 years has repeatedly used the threat of calling the police for DV as a way to keep me from filing for divorce. Once she tried while I was away for work and I get a call from an officer asking me to come to the police station. I explained I was about 650 miles away and would be home on Friday. He seemed perplexed as she had just reported that I struck her and left the area. Once I returned home I went to the sheriff office to clear this up and was promptly arrested even though I had I plane ticket and hotel receipt from the city I was in. I had to bond out and basically fight for every little thing against a system setup to fight men. Once in court it was thrown out and proven that she lied, but NOTHING (I MEAN NOTHING)happened to her and I have a record now of having had a TPO on me. This is with out a doubt the saddest form of American justice there is.
May 16th, 2010
Someone from Walkersville, MD writes:
Immigrant spouses use false allegations of domestic violence against their citizen spouses in order to circumvent US immigration laws and get a green card.
May 16th, 2010
Someone from Athens, TX signed.
May 16th, 2010
Someone from Tyler, TX writes:
False allegations of domestic violence have become the weapon of choice for some vindictive women who lack integrity. VAWA has given them the full resources of state and fedral government to abuse what should only be used as a shield.
May 14th, 2010
Someone from Glendale, AZ writes:
MY EX FOUND I HAD GOT AN ATTORNEY (WE WERE IN THE PROCESS OF SEPARATING) SHE DISAPPEARED WITH MY SON. AT THAT POINT MY SON WAS 1 AND A HALF. I WENT TO SEE MY SON WITH A CAMCORDER ROLLING TO SHOW THE JUDGE SHE WAS REFUSING TO LET ME SEE MY SON. I HAD IT TAPED THAT I JUST REQUESTED TO SEE HIM AND LEFT NO THREATS NO VERBAL ABUSE EVERYTHING WAS RECORDED. THEN AFTER I LEFT SHE CALLED THE POLICE MAKING A FALSE POLICE REPORT THAT LATER TURN INTO A RESTRAINING ORDER. WHEN WE WENT TO COURT AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE MY SON FOR A MONTH ALL SHE GOT WAS LECTURED BY THE JUDGE ON HER CHARACTER AND VALUES FOR 3-5 MINUTES. AND THE JUDGE THEW IT OUT.... FAST FOWARD TO 3 YEARS LATER. SAME PROBLEM WE SIMPLY DISAGEED ON A MINOR PARENTING ISSUE AND A FEW DAYS LATER I RECIEVE ANOTHER RESTRAINING ORDER... THIS TIME I MISSED MY SONS FIRST DAY OF 1ST GRADE. THIS TIME WE GO TO COURT AND THE NEW JUDGE THAT SAW US RIPPED INTO HER FOR ATLEAST 15 MINUTES BRINGING HER TO TEARS. IM WAITING FOR HER TO DO THIS AGAIN BECAUSE THERE IS NO PANALTY!!THERE NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY AND PENALTY ON THE JUDGES AND PEOPLE THAT MAKE THESE FALSE ALLEGATIONS.
May 14th, 2010
Someone from Bartlett, IL signed.
May 13th, 2010
Someone from Reynoldsburg, OH signed.
May 12th, 2010
Someone writes:
My brother has been wrongly given tro .few days from now he is going to have a heart transplant .His wife goes to work every morning and comes back in evening while my brother gets the kids ready for school drops them and picks them before she is back from work ,I the evening he helps the kids with hw.and puts them to bed she never cooks just opens some packets and feeds the kids junk food and my brother fends for himself....He needed to be taken care of instead she walks around the house with a perpetual sulk....i guess to hide her plain laziness and guilt she picks a fight and calls the police this is the third time she did and this time my brother needed to be in bed waiting for surgery but no siree she gets him thrown out and he is running around looking for a place to rest while she lounges around in the comfort in the house that he built from scratch....anyone can suggest where can he go to be heard
May 12th, 2010
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
Its ridiculous, I now live alone and very little contact with kids and some of my civil rights are negated.
May 12th, 2010
Someone from Auburn, IN writes:
We parents took EVERY PREVENTIVE step to protect our g/ 6 days before birth. We drove 13 hrs to return our daughter & g/d, only for the dad of our g/d molest her at 7 months, than again at 1 yr old.He was deliquent on court ordered chils supp, petitioned to take med. responsibility only to leave a trail of neglect, then falselly acused me of stalking, which he & both his lawyers were guilty of in 2 states..This abuser has at least 5 know victims...No law has protected us during all this family court corruption..Then a prot. order of lies from cps, sac, & neglecent detect..no- one had proof...but pointed the finger at me...Now i'm on a registry for being on call 24/7 to protect our g/d..Laws need to be changed nationwide so judges are required to "VIEW EVIDENCE" before the prot. order is served...Now our g/d who will be 7 yrs old soon is TOTALLY ISOLATED from the g/parents who saved her life..
May 12th, 2010
Someone from Scottsdale, AZ writes:
Tougher laws to prevent false allegations is a must.
May 7th, 2010
Someone from Othello, WA writes:
Screening for d/v needs shown. The persons involved needs to fill out sign a cert-form for truth. If a cry-wolf false d/v call comes in the caller needs held accountable with fines and jail time. It should never be like in our case that the caller is protected over the real victim. Trully if a women calls d/v on the husband as I have seen over again just to get the guy out and have control over the perhaps kids and child support/alimony...This is always about power control money. If kids are involved they have the biggest loss in all of it. We need better laws/rules/accountablity. Those given the power and control also need to really pay attention care and follow the law themselves.
May 7th, 2010
Someone from New York Mills, NY signed.
May 5th, 2010
Someone from Medford, NY writes:
My boyfriend is in jail right now, all because his ex gf lied to get revenge from his subpoened testimony against her at her divorce trial. She knew how to work the cops and court in CT. A good man, with no record now suffering in jail for nothing, and she gets away with perjury! Congress as well as state legislatures needs to pay attention to the real victims, our men! And juries are a joke, naively believing the lies! Wake up America! Now is the time to change the system! Is anyone listening?
Apr 30th, 2010
Someone from Brooklyn, NY signed.
Apr 29th, 2010
Someone from Waxhaw, NC writes:
A survivor of domestic violence....it's a shame that there are women that play the abuse card when they have no idea what living in that situation is like.
Apr 28th, 2010
Someone from Elko, NV writes:
My friend is now in jail under false circumstances brought on by his girlfriend. I am a FEMALE and i do not believe it is correct to always side with the female on cases such as that, hes girlfriend is a psychopath and she can get away with this? Hell no, hell no!
Apr 28th, 2010
Someone from Miami, FL signed.
Apr 26th, 2010
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
Guilty as charged!!! something needs to be done.
Apr 22nd, 2010
Someone from Dublin, OH writes:
The Justice System of this country is truly shameful and is an abomination in dealing with illegal protection orders and holding me illegally accused of violence. The law has so far done irreparable damage to my reputation, self esteem, career by vilating my constitutional rights and taking away my due process rights being falsely accused of domestic violence just like countless thousands of hapless and innocent others like myself.
Apr 18th, 2010
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
Apr 17th, 2010
Someone from Burke, VA signed.
Apr 17th, 2010
Someone from Springfield, VA writes:
Thank you for this effort - this is a reality and we don't know that is out there until it happens to us.
Apr 16th, 2010
Someone from Springfield, IL writes:
This is horrible. The court needs to be fair in all our laws.................
Apr 16th, 2010
Someone from Springfield, IL writes:
Filing false sexual allegations should be a charge equal to one that can be handed out for the charge (Felony).
Apr 14th, 2010
Someone from Willard, OH signed.