Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Feb 18th, 2010
Someone from Windham, ME signed.
Feb 17th, 2010
Someone from Chickamauga, GA writes:
I don't know how many times my (now Ex)wife has had me locked up since Mar. 2009. I am in jail now and will be in here for over 90 days when my court hearing comes up. All for her lies and the DA believing/encouraging everything she tells them. I have lost a year of my life and haven't even totalled the money up yet. Never mind about my 5 children who have basically been without a father. And I think that's the way she wants it because that's the way she was raised. It is sickening.
Feb 17th, 2010
Someone from Mays Landing, NJ signed.
Feb 17th, 2010
Someone from Raymore, MO signed.
Feb 5th, 2010
Someone from Pleasant Garden, NC signed.
Feb 4th, 2010
Someone from Wamego, KS signed.
Feb 1st, 2010
Someone from Saint Paul, MN writes:
My biggest mistake was taking the advice from my ?Father?s Advocate? attorney and agreeing to the OFP that was filed against me during a custody dispute. As opposed to fighting to prove my innocence (unfortunately there is no innocence prior to going through a hearing, hence the need to fight), I worried more about losing the little bit I had with my child at the time. The next 5 months consisted of me being in/out of jail for more false allegations, to the point that I took a guilty plea on 1-count of breaking this ridiculous OFP just so I could put an end to the madness and begin moving forward (along with keeping my job and avoiding more unjustified jail time). Little did I know at the time, that decision would ultimately control the court?s decision against me having joint custody of my child. It put the mark of ?Domestic Abuse? over my head although there was never a single finding of Domestic Abuse. That poor decision also resulted in the courts granting her a 2-yr extension on the Order of Protection I should have never agreed to in the first place. The courts decided to address the extension during my final divorce hearing. As prepared as I thought I was, I was unable to submit any evidence I had to counter her petition to have an extension (phone records, emails, texts, letters, witnesses, etc) because the court was not willing to separate the 2 hearings or grant me a Continuance. So every decision made by them regarding custody was "as a result of the Order For Protection", which would have never been granted had I been able to present the evidence I had to go against it. Not only is an OFP easy for women to come by and abuse, it can be used to continually destroy the Respondent long after custody has been granted to the Petitioner. My child?s mother has absolutely no fear because she has been given a Golden Ticket by the same people that enforce it. So as she continues to abuse it, I hide. I carry a camcorder with me at all times. I save my receipts as a timeline in case I don?t have an alibi at hand. I have lost absolutely everything, including my rights to my son because the courts refused to entertain the idea that the Petitioner was abusing the system and taking them all for a ride. And my son is the one that will suffer the most when all is said and done. None of the actions carried out by the Courts/Custody Evaluators/Petitioner/Law Enforcement have been in the best interest of the child involved. After all, they walked her through the entire process and showed her exactly how it is done here in MN.
Jan 31st, 2010
Someone from Delray Beach, FL signed.
Jan 31st, 2010
Someone from Jacksonville, FL signed.
Jan 31st, 2010
Someone from Jacksonville, FL signed.
Jan 31st, 2010
Someone from Jacksonville, FL writes:
My son was dating a woman who,unbeknown to him, filed numerous false reports with the Family Domestic Violence office (*1*) and he eventually discovered it when she continued to compound more false reports against him (criminal and informational) with the JAX Sheriff?s Office (*2*) in order to get the Family Domestic Violence office to persuade a judge for a restraining order. Consequently a temporary order for protection was granted based on these false statements. While in court (*3*) the petitioner made false statements to the presiding judge during the injunction hearing in order to get the final injunction granted. I have clear and convincing evidence that the petitioner during *1*, *2*, and *3* has lied to numerous court related entities, she gave different accounts to different authorities, which according to Florida state statues, is a 1st degree felony - 5th category offense to the courts. My son is a victim of someone misusing the system and utilizing it to create harm, chaos and discrimination in his and my life. I am seeking your attention and intervention in this matter, to correct and restore his life, credibility and honor over all. He is a disabled American veteran who suffers from TBI, PTSD, MDD and ambulatory problems due to injuries sustained during his honorable service in the United States Navy. He cannot rent an apartment because he is labeled as a ?violent person?, although the ?violent act? was to ask the liar why was she lying to cause him hard. My son cannot get a job because he has been labeled as a ?violent person? for making a telephone call. How is he supposed to live?
Jan 31st, 2010
Someone from Jacksonville, FL writes:
I was dating a woman who filed numerous false reports with family domestic violence office (*1*) (without my knowledge initially) and I eventually discovered that she had, when she continued to compound more false reports against me (criminal and informational) with the Sheriff?s Office (*2*) In order to get the family domestic violence office to persuade a judge for a restraining order. Consequently a temporary order for protection was granted based on these false statements. While in court (*3*) the petitioner makes false statements to the presiding judge during the injunction hearing in order to get the final injunction granted. I have clear and convincing evidence that the petitioner during *1* , *2*, and *3* has lied to numerous court related entities, which according to Florida state statues, is a 1st degree felony - 5th category offense to the courts. I am victim of someone lying to utilize a measure of safety to create, harm, chaos and discrimination in my life. I am seeking your intervention in this matter, to correct and restore my life, credibility and honor over all. I am a disabled American veteran who suffers from TBI, PTSD, MDD and ambulatory problems due to injuries sustained during my honorable service in the United States Navy. I cannot rent an apartment because I am labeled as a ?violent person? thanks to the above case mentioned problem. I cannot get a job because I am labeled as a ?violent person? thanks to the above case mentioned problem. How am I supposed to live? I am seeking the help of the coalition to inculcate the local government to press charges for such crimes committed by that individual, and to restore my credibility.
Jan 31st, 2010
Someone from Kingston, MA writes:
I am the victim of a false restraining order out of Quincy Massachusetts. court. The Judge wrote a personal letter to the women "victim" urging her to come before his court to seek an extension. I have never had a fair hearing.
Jan 31st, 2010
Someone from Irvine, CA writes:
common practice among woman who commit adultery to claim domestic abuse, sad.
Jan 30th, 2010
Someone from Chickamauga, GA writes:
My son has been arrested countless times this year for the lies of his (now) ex-wife who took out the order of protection,yet constantly telling him how much she loves him and she knows he wants someone else, and she will never love another man. This is her history. Three marriages, men always "abusing" her, her husband always "has the problem" and needs counseling. She has so many policemen and DA attorneys after her and all she has to do is phone them. Oh, this is because she has all their cell #'s. Also, she is blonde and attractive. Actually, after all she has cost our family we consider her a crazy slut. Sad point is there are 5 children. Three are my son's and he is currently in jail for "returning" her text, after being on probation set by the judge. What a hell we have been in and my son's life is almost ruined. She is a habitual liar, there are countless witnesses to testify against her, but like most others, he never gets his chance in court. This is in TN. It is unbelievable that a decent Christian man with so many people who will speak on his behalf and tell what a wonderful Dad he is, even to her first two sons (who also have 2 different dads). The DA says this time he will go away for 2 years. He wants to go for counseling to get her out of his head and knows she has been doing the abusing to him, but the DA says "no." He needs to be locked up!!! When does this stop!!!!!
Jan 28th, 2010
Someone from Calabasas, CA signed.
Jan 27th, 2010
Someone from Colfax, WI signed.
Jan 20th, 2010
Someone from Seattle, WA signed.
Jan 17th, 2010
Someone from Beverly Hills, FL signed.
Jan 16th, 2010
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
Jan 15th, 2010
Someone from Annapolis, MD signed.
Jan 13th, 2010
Someone from Mokena, IL writes:
My husbands ex-spouse falsely accused him of domestic violence, had no witnesses, no medical report and accused him of rape and domestic violence! He is a great physician who spends his days helping his patients. Now she wants to ruin his career, the one aspect of his life he's worked so dilligently for. We need to set rules and outline what is needed to be proven for domestic violence convictions! No evidence? No medical reports? No witnesses? No previous criminal background? NO CONVICTION!!!!
Jan 11th, 2010
Someone from Califon, NJ signed.
Jan 7th, 2010
Someone from Kennewick, WA signed.
Jan 7th, 2010
Someone from Everett, WA writes:
I am recently was alleged with physical abuse, pre-planned by my wife and her attorney so she can get full custody of the child of my two children and to gain possession of my home. My children and me are victims and my ex-wife venom and she has viciously broken the close bonds I had with my two children who I love and life for. With nothing more than a few lies and no evidence she has stolen my children from me and the home I've worked for over 18 years. This is true injustice where loving parents rights are trashed and their children and they suffer the injustices the rest of their lives. I love my son and daughter more than anything on earth and I'm dying inside watching the legal system rob innocent men like me and basing their judgments the lies of manipulative, cruel, vengeful woman. The burden of proof should be on the accuser not the victim who has done no wrong. Strict punishment must be enforced against false testimonies and perjury. The worst feature of the restraining order law is that it allows a person to go to court and get an order, without the other person present. That means that any lie will do, since no one is there to rebut it. As a consequence, without any input in the matter, a person can lose their children, their home, their money, their guns, and their freedom. This is crueler tyranny than any civilized land has ever tolerated, and approximates the tactics of one Vladimir Ulyanov, aka Lenin, during the Bolshevik Revolution. Upon issuance, the police serve the order, boot the poor sap out of his house with barely a shirt on his back, pry his weeping children from his legs, steal his guns, and take him to jail if he isn't terribly pleased to do as he is told. What more can be said? Any liar can get an order by merely asserting fear.
Jan 6th, 2010
Someone from Ocoee, FL writes:
More needs to be done to prevent abuse of the legal system for reasons of revenge and custody leverage. Those who make multiple allegations that are not founded should be prosecuted.
Jan 6th, 2010
Someone from Gaithersburg, MD signed.
Dec 28th, 2009
Someone from Baltimore, MD writes:
NJ judicial system is broken and corrupt,abuse of civil rights must be stopped immediatelly.
Dec 28th, 2009
Someone from Lebanon, MO writes:
I am under felony charges for domestic assault under false accusations by a vicious, older man using, hard drug user, and judical system using female in the middle of a custody battle.
Dec 23rd, 2009
Someone from Longview, TX writes:
This is the true crime.
Dec 22nd, 2009
Someone from Bethlehem, PA writes:
stop the injustice already
Dec 22nd, 2009
Someone from Petersburg, VA signed.
Dec 22nd, 2009
Someone from Burnsville, MN signed.
Dec 21st, 2009
Someone from Frankfort, KY signed.
Dec 20th, 2009
Someone from La Mesa, CA writes:
I am recently was alleged with domestic violence, preplanned by my wife and her relatives so she can get full custody of the child. I am the victim. I know how it feels. It is the reason I am spilling out my emotions. I think courts during these allegations should use any tool to reveal the truth. One of them is to use lie detect test (polygraph examinations). Both accuser and defender should take the test and possible witness too. It will give better odds regarding the truth. In addition strict punishment must be enforced against false testimonies.
Dec 19th, 2009
Someone from Crystal City, MO signed.
Dec 18th, 2009
Someone from Everett, WA writes:
My closest, dearest friend is currently dealing with false dv allegations. He has been a full time single father and sole provider for his two children for 6 years.The mother has only been involved sporatically and when she deems convenient to her. He recently allowed the childrens' mother to move into an extra bedroom in his basement. She does not want to work, and got evicted from her apartment for the second time. Her family refused to help her any further. He didn't want to have to explain to his boys why their mother was living on the streets, so he allowed her to move in temporarily. Even when living in the house, and not working, she still was "too busy" to be a mother to her children. Out of no where she calls the cops to the house and accuses him of assaulting her. Right after telling him to "not plan on having his children for the holidays". Putting him in jail, and facing assault - dv charges. And then telling her family, associates & even me that he didn't touch her. Even what she stated to the officers and what she wrote on the statement are completely contradicting. Now he can't see his young kids for christmas. Can't return to HIS house. And she just filed petition for full custody and a 1 year restraining order against him (which includes the kids). we came to find out it was all because she got a new boyfriend and after a month wanted to move in with him. He was reluctant to allow her. She is posing as a "victim" so she can get his sympathy and has decided to rip kids from father to start this new little family with her boyfriend. Now that everyone isn't believing her (except the police and prosecutor anyways).. he is still facing charges, as it is him against the state, and the prosecutor wont allow her to retract her statement, or terminate the nco or retraining orders. He has at least 30 people to testify on his behalf, including HER family. But they are not allowing it. He told me this morning that he feels like he's "dying inside" with hopelessness over losing his boys, that are his whole life. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?! Sadly, the ones that are being ultimately hurt by all of this are the two children.
Dec 17th, 2009
Someone from Bardstown, KY signed.
Dec 16th, 2009
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
I also witnessed one of the most shocking and horrific outcomes of a false DV claim. My brother, in Seattle, WA, lost his two children to his Israeli wife after she filed false claims. Of course, her whole point was to leave the US and move back to Israel. She got what she wanted and my poor brother is left with nothing. The crazy part about it all is that he was the victim - she abused him. Truly sad and outrageous.
Dec 16th, 2009
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.