Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Someone from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
False Allegations are unfounded, but yet the accused party is guilty and has to prove their innocence what's wrong with this picture.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Kodak, TN signed.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Madison, WI signed.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Pasadena, MD signed.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Sun Prairie, WI signed.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Milwaukee, WI signed.
Someone from Franksville, WI writes:
False allegations are easy to create and impossible to disprove. They are frequently used to gain advantage in divorce proceedings. Everyone knows it the "first one to the courthouse" who gains the advantage. Judges then typically "err on the side of safety" and reward false allegations even though there is no proof. Then you have an entire network of psychologists, social workers, child protective service workers and of course lawyers who all have strong financial incentives in throwing gasoline on the fire. This gives rise to further allegations of abuse, as they "grease the slide" and make it easy to "fine tune" the false allegations. Meantime, the judge just wants to keep the meter running and has no interest in reconciliation. Name one person who is the alleged abuser's advocate? Where is the alleged abuser supposed to go?
Someone from Verona, WI writes:
False allegations need to be addressed to restore the precept that one is innocent until proven guilty. This notion has been completely lost in the family courts across our land, thanks in large part to VAWA legislation. This is a major problem and an embarrassment to the US legal system. There should be strictly enforced penalties for those that accuse falsely. The damage done by these allegations is substantial to the real victims, who are children and their relationship with their fathers, let alone the fathers themselves, whose lives can be devasted by these false charges. Tom Pfeiffer - Verona, WI
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Milton, WI signed.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Oxford, WI signed.
Someone from Palm Harbor, FL writes:
For nearly 2 years I was under injunction and unable to contact my children or my ex-wife - all on the basis of false accusations! I appealed the case to the higher court as soon as the judgment came in, and because the Appeals Courts MUST justify their decisions on the basis of substantial evidence and the letter of the law, the DVI was reversed and ordered to be vacated. The effect of vacating an order is as though it never existed - but that doesn't bring back the time my boys lost with their father - that's gone forever. And the poison my ex- instilled into them during that time will stay with them until they work it out in therapy later in their lives. And it's not just about relationship between me and them - it will affect ALL of their potential intimate relationships until they work this out. Children need to be protected from the environment of emotional abuse that often accompanies false allegations. Think of it - FALSE means it was intentional! Why should someone who would twist facts to law enforcement and the courts not see advantage in turning the couple's children against the falsely accused parent also? Vindictive people are after revenge and control and they don't care who they hurt or how they get their satisfaction. In every State it's against the law to present false allegations or to commit perjury. The courts and law enforcement must change their policy and now begin to actively prosecute these violations of the law in domestic cases as well as in criminal cases.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Washington, PA signed.
Oct 5th, 2010
Someone from Belmont, MA signed.
Oct 4th, 2010
Someone from Dallas, PA signed.
Oct 3rd, 2010
Someone from Camp Hill, PA signed.
Oct 1st, 2010
Someone from Fairless Hills, PA writes:
Children are deprived of fathers because of false allegations. And this is the intent of those who make them.
Oct 1st, 2010
Someone from Weston, MA writes:
False allegations are a huge problem and rob many kids of their dads without due process.
Oct 1st, 2010
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
Oct 1st, 2010
Someone from Chalfont, PA signed.
Sep 30th, 2010
Someone from Mechanicsburg, PA signed.
Sep 30th, 2010
Someone from Concord, CA signed.
Sep 30th, 2010
Someone from Melbourne, FL writes:
I am a member of S.A.V.E. whose mission is to improve the effectiveness of our nation?s approach to ending domestic violence through education, training and awareness programs and by reforming policies and practices of VAWA which do not work. Our sons, brothers, fathers, neighbors and friends are amongst the 1000s affected every year by false allegations, lack of due process and constitutional rights, and we truly believe that by changing ineffective policies and practices, we can better protect the true victims who now suffer due to lack of resources and overburdened systems. Congress can lead the way to establish policies and guidelines which eliminate mandatory arrest and no drop prosecution and institute policies of discretion and alternative resolution for cases of trivial or non physical contact, to ensure validation of offense before punishment and arrest, to encourage sanctions for false accusations to eliminate discrimination, revenge and personal agendas, to restore the constitutional directive of innocence until proven guilty, and to be allowed proper defense of person. Congress provides the funding; let it be for the right reasons and the best protections for ALL citizens.
Sep 30th, 2010
Someone from Vancouver, WA writes:
I was falsely accused of domestic violence 24 hours after a major bone graph surgery in which my wrist had been grafted with bone from my hip, not only was I in pain, but also in a full arm splint and bearly able to walk due to hip pain my girl friend found this to be a good time to engage in an argument and assaulted me due to the screaming after I left the police were called and a story was painted accusing me of choking and assaulting this women. I was jailed 36 hours and eventually had to spend 1000 to bail myself out no charges were filed but I lost the bail money and still have this horrible allegation on file Washington state is horrible and take no time to investigate prior to arrest.
Sep 30th, 2010
Someone from Vancouver, WA writes:
I was falsely accused of domestic violence 24 hours after a major bone graph surgery in my wrist with the bone taken from my hip not only was I in pain but also in a full arm splint and nearly able to walk due to hip pain my girl friend found this to be a good time to engage in an argument and assaulted me due to the screaming after I left the police were called and a story was painted accusing me of choking and assaulting this women. I was jailed 36 hours and eventually had to spend 1000 to bail myself out no charges were filed but I lost the bail money and still have this horrible allegation on file Washington state is horrible and take no time to investigate prior to arrest.
Sep 30th, 2010
Someone from Vancouver, WA writes:
Sep 29th, 2010
Someone from Miami, FL signed.
Sep 27th, 2010
Someone from Raleigh, NC signed.
Sep 26th, 2010
Someone from Martinsville, IN writes:
my son was motivated by nosey neighbor to evict ex parte my son from his home in his name which he buildt; wife sold it illegally; lost his job; arrested; could not speak to children for 40 days; then 3 months of supervised visitation; the charge: battery; overturend; false allegatios; 5 years custody battle and lost children; wife mental disorders; drunk; criminal; abusive; alienating; the problem? Judge did not want to read the paper the next morning and see where husband killed his wife; the other minor problem is our dear vice president, joe biden and his VAWA which pays the judiciary to throw men in jail any old way they can how do you solve the problem make the femal false allegationist prove her case or be open to a retaliatory suit this dillema comes from the dear :American exception" doctrine whereby one cannot sue another for false litigation in family court area the result this is ruining american moral issues and in a few years one can forget being proper and correct or legal on anything kangaroo courts will abound good luck ron nerding, esq.ret. 765 349 0847 indiana resident
Sep 26th, 2010
Someone from Providence, RI signed.
Sep 25th, 2010
Someone from San Jose, CA writes:
As the girlfriend of someone who is currently dealing with this (while having to deal with a custody battle over his only son), ****IN' SIGNED. So goddamn tired of this unfounded ********.
Sep 22nd, 2010
Someone from Southampton, MA signed.
Sep 22nd, 2010
Someone from Clinton, MS signed.
Sep 20th, 2010
Someone from Elizabeth, NJ writes:
I am currently being accused by an ex girlfriend of Domestic Violence that she filed as revenge for thing's I said about her. We had a court date of Sept 16th which I could not wait to get over with because I could not sleep for day's from nerves. Went to court for my 2PM hearing and was told by 3PM our trial would not be seen because other cases ran late. Now rescheduled for OCT 12TH!!! So hear I am having to wait 3 more weeks knowing I did nothing wrong and a bundle of nerves. I take these charges very seriously and can not believe how just from someone's word I can get served a Domestic Violence report and restraining order for words that are basically he said she said.
Sep 19th, 2010
Someone from Fort Myers, FL signed.
Sep 19th, 2010
Someone from Branson, MO signed.
Sep 18th, 2010
Someone from Lynn Haven, FL signed.
Sep 18th, 2010
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
I was a victim of domestic violence. And now watch helplessly as my boyfriends estranged wife makes false accusation after false accusation. there is a restraining order in place. he filed it against her. but in court she cried and made up a bunch of truly crazy stories and they flipped the order and made HIM the respondent. she continuously calls the police to report he is harassing her at her home while we were on a family vacation in another state. we had proof of our where abouts but they refused to even look at it. he is just trying to get away from her. but she is a woman scorned and refuses to just let him go and get on with his life. The 10 years they were together she isolated him from family and friends. Even went to jail for domestic violence against him. But they dont look at the evidence. they just listen to her lies and haand her kleenex to wipe away her alligator tears. and the policemen in the court scoul and glare at an inocent man. And she just eats it up. its a game. and nobody will listen. no one will help. there is no where to turn if you are a man in washington state who has been falsely accused. somebody has to do something. someone help. please.
Sep 15th, 2010
Someone from Santa Ana, CA writes:
Through this "rule of law", as needed as it is for the constraint of one parties actions against another parties, it was worked to become a weapon, a wedge, and leans to tip the scales unfairly giving an advantage to that party, against the other party without fair and equal presumption of innocence and a "right to be heard" before making sanctions against a party all in the name of protection. Because of one sides right to place fear as the motion to turn the wheels of injustice in their favor, but not the others who lose all rights nor those that will be hurt innocently like the children whom love both parents. With the ?err on the side of safety?, the court has no recourse to allow "a fair and impartial hearing" because of "the courts and the Judges who reside therein, are directed by fears from actions and activity in years before by ?others", and therefore from that time after those events, a party coming to court to face this particular action are now automatically the guilty before getting the chance to approach and be heard. Yes, this law takes away an unbiased setting, even though all of society that abhors violence is left with the effects from those that disregard our laws, it is not justice that is behind the scope of reason for this to be enacted, as it does not even ascertain "a miniscule of damage from a result of purported violent acts" to be used as a vehicle if driven by vindictive and selfish direction, because when one makes the claim just by utterance of voice without ANY evidence? is given this power-they can forever obscure the lives of those who were entrusted to them to be loyal and were not put ?on guard? to anticipate actions and stop their intentions to disregard the laws of fairness and justice and forever damage the character and remove the right of a father to be a father to his children, and remove the right from children to have a father, who will become men and women in adulthood, who would be left to accept an outcome without choosing and because they are children, to take away their voice is the worst injustice, because no one ever asked if this was the course they would want for themselves, and it was forced upon there lives, which no one can say whether it will go unfelt or leave a child unscarred, so as to unjustly inflict the innocent life without justifications and change their future. The ramifications have become so great that if we continue on this course and path, we will forever be continuing to reap and feel the effects as a society on the overall issues of warped individuals that lash out and hurt, because of the hurt done to them by this law.
Sep 15th, 2010
Someone from Kansas City, MO writes:
My wife is from mexico and now she sent my daughter to Mexico so she could work. She has ruined my life costs me my job and no one will listen. She sent the kids to Mexico so she says she can work but really it is to go and party as much as she can. Irma torres is her name. From chihuahua, Camargo Mexico. I need help.
Sep 14th, 2010
Someone from South Point, OH signed.