Stop the Epipen Price Gouging

We ask that there be an investigation and regulation into the 420% (adjusted for inflation!) increase in the price of Epipens since 2004. Millions of people with severe allergies carry EpiPens to reverse life-threatening allergic reactions. With this oppressive price increase, many EMT's and families are turning to manual syringes as a cheaper alternative, though doctors and patient advocates warn that it?s more complicated to get the correct dose of epinephrine and it administer safely with a syringe. Some families will be forced to hang on to expired Epipens, or worse, go without entirely. There is no discernible reason for the increase other than Mylan's desire to use their monopoly to exploit the need for this life-saving medication for exorbitant profit. Thank you.
Jun 29th, 2017
Someone from Casa Grande, AZ signed.
Jun 29th, 2017
Annie D. from Smyrna, TN signed.
Jun 25th, 2017
Erin B. from Snohomish, WA signed.
Jun 24th, 2017
Lauren K. from Edgewater, NJ signed.
Jun 23rd, 2017
Julie W. from Carmel, IN signed.
Jun 18th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Jun 17th, 2017
Emil Y. from Meeker, OK writes:
There's people that just can't afford this. Engineering I can see, but project should be no higher than 3%.
Jun 9th, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
The American consumer is being taken to the cleaners!
Jun 7th, 2017
Zac B. from Clearlake, CA writes:
When will you get rid of lobbyists and start working for the people? Negotiating prices with the drug companies is not even good enough. Single payer is the only way and if Congress does not support this, they will all be voted out in 2018. Do the right thing and start wit this EpiPen problem. Show the people that you are not bought and paid for.
Jun 6th, 2017
Someone from Wichita, KS writes:
I recently went into anaphylaxis due to not having an Epi-Pen when I needed one. The reason why I didn't have it...PRICE!!! This is a life-saving tool & needs to be more affordable. NO ONE asks to have a life-threatening allergy and no one should have to go into DEBT to get what they need.
Jun 2nd, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
https://gizmodo.com/senator-epipen-manufacturer-ripped-off-the-us-governme-1795711207 West Virginia Democrat Senator, Joe Manchin's "pride and joy" bastard daughter lies her butt off to Congress, suffers no punishment
Jun 2nd, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
https://gizmodo.com/senator-epipen-manufacturer-ripped-off-the-us-governme-1795711207 Mylan CEO Heather Bresch ripped off the U.S. Government for over 1 BILLION dollars. WHY is she NOT in PRISON? Why is she not charged with her greedy executives? The average American will be imprisoned for stealing $5 dollars? The American People have really let the foxes run the hen house
May 31st, 2017
Someone from Loveland, CO writes:
The price increase is the picture of greed! Offering a generic at 1/2 off is simply a large price increase from the costs in 2009. My federal cost of living increase in the same time is 3%. Sickening greed, shame on you!
May 30th, 2017
Andrew V. from Lowell, MI signed.
May 24th, 2017
Kristen A. from Crete, IL writes:
This is absurd, People need these to live. The fact that the price of a simple epipen can exceed $600 or more just shows how little these companies care about our citizens. What if it was your son or daughter who needed the pen and you couldn't afford it. How would you feel knowing the company cares more about money than a childs survival.
May 23rd, 2017
Aaron C. from Gainesville, VA writes:
Just found out my insurance doesn't cover anything. Result - $600..who can afford that?? I'm so angry right now I'm about to burst.
May 19th, 2017
Cory M. from Helena, MT signed.
May 18th, 2017
Someone from Cypress, TX writes:
When considering cost of EpiPens, please keep in mind the amount of EpiPens necessary. For instance, our family requires multiple EpiPens for our children with life threatening allergies. TEN EpiPens are needed in order to keep our children safe: School for child 1, school for child 2, daycare, home, and in mother's purse. Ten EpiPens are very costly for our family and we have private insurance via an employer group, Harris County.
May 17th, 2017
Someone from Long Island City, NY signed.
May 17th, 2017
Scott S. from Springfield, IL signed.
May 17th, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
http://www.naturalhealth365.com/vaccination-legislation-2239.html Representative Virginia Foxx is up to her old treasonous tricks The text of H.R. 1313 outlines how companies and employees who abide by the appointed “wellness guidelines” including compulsory vaccinations can save up to half on their insurance premiums. This means those who don’t comply will be paying double for refusing vaccination and other designated “health measures.”
May 15th, 2017
Tracy D. from Broken Arrow, OK signed.
May 11th, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4493784/Student-sues-seizure-drug-burned-inside-out.html Big Pharma, Glaxo Smith Kline , ruins girl's life and health with garbage anti-seizure drug
May 10th, 2017
Arla C. from Glenwood Springs, CO signed.
May 10th, 2017
Arla C. from Glenwood Springs, CO signed.
May 10th, 2017
Arla C. from Glenwood Springs, CO signed.
May 8th, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
https://www.infowars.com/victims-of-vaccine-damage-can-sue-manufacturers-in-the-us/ It is in the best interest of the American people to sue the hell out of these murderous Big Pharma fraudsters
May 5th, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2017/05/05/trumpcare-is-obamacare-2-0/ Things are about to get worse thanks to Trump
May 4th, 2017
Jennifer N. from Lake Mary, FL signed.
Apr 27th, 2017
Susanna P. from Stillwater, MN writes:
We complain about the high cost of healthcare while our government looks the other way at unconscionable price-gouging by the pharmaceutical industry. People are already dying because they cannot afford their medicine -- and this is happening right here in the richest country in the world. How can we allow these soulless creatures to continue to put profit ahead of people?
Apr 27th, 2017
Aaron D. from Wilmington, NC signed.
Apr 27th, 2017
Jennifer N. from Lake Mary, FL signed.
Apr 26th, 2017
Terry R. from columbus, OH signed.
Apr 21st, 2017
Gail L. from Salinas, CA writes:
I am on Medicare, a widow and have humana-walmart prescription plan because I don't have a major illness nor use tier 3 drugs. An epi-pen is now a tier 3 "drug."!!! There is a $500 deductible plus the epi pen costs $348 even without the deductible!! I am being penalized for being healthy!!! My doctor has to ask humana's "review panel" if I can be moved to tier 2 on this drug because I will never satisfy a deductible because I am not on tier 3 drugs. I have to get sick to even qualify for the deductible! I am allergic to shellfish, ciprofloxin and raspberries which cause me to need an epinephrine shot asap or my throat closes up and I can die. My 8 year old granddaughter is allergic to penicillin and needs this drug in emergencies. My son is 36 and is allergic to a form of penicillin. My 55 year old sister is allergic to penicillin and my daughter is allergic to a form of tetanus. I am working but barely make it each month and will be fully retired in one year. the EpiPen used to be $48 for two now it is at a minimum $348 + my $500 deductible because I don't use tier 3 prescription drugs. I am outraged for all the taxpayers in this country who expect more and not to be raped daily by the pharmaceutical companies. Every other major country in the world doesn't have this worry. It is not a free capitalist society when the middle class who are supporting it can't even get the medicines or medical care to cure themselves. I am outraged-outraged for the children whose parents can't afford it and for the seniors and our poor kids in their 30's and 40's trying to make ends meet. I will be happy to protest and call the media to air my complaint this week!!!
Apr 20th, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/shut-down-the-fda-start-over/ Veterans of the Armed Forces, take note: Kavanagh remarked that the drug pyridostigmine, given to US troops to prevent the later effects of nerve gas, “actually increased the lethality” of certain nerve agents. Kavanagh recalled being given records of safety data on a drug—and then his bosses told him which sections not to read. Obviously, they knew the drug was dangerous and they knew exactly where, in the reports, that fact would be revealed. The guillotine should be imported just for all the vile traitors at the FDA
Apr 20th, 2017
Andrew W. from Huntersville, NC writes:
https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/shut-down-the-fda-start-over/ "Seife and his students probed the work of the FDA, the federal agency tasked with approving medical drugs for public use. Sharav: “FDA documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, revealed that the FDA has been concealing from the medical community and the public serious research misconduct; including fraud, deception, avoidable risks for human subjects — even deaths — that occurred in clinical trials [of medical drugs].”
Apr 19th, 2017
Skye B. from Philadelphia, PA signed.
Apr 19th, 2017
Skye B. from Philadelphia, PA signed.
Apr 19th, 2017
Skye B. from Philadelphia, PA signed.
Apr 17th, 2017
Tamara R. from Port Jefferson Station, NY writes:
It is ridiculous that my son has life threatening allergies and very few months I have to pay a Fortune for three epi pens! There is no excuse for this scam on the taxpayers and the working class American citizens!