Stop Court-Ordered Domestic Violence

Tatiana Pauwels? Nine Initiatives For State Legislatures To End Court-Ordered Domestic Violence By The U.S. Family Court System:

1. Require judges, children?s attorneys, mediators, law enforcement and other professionals to receive certified training in recognizing domestic violence, gender bias, and the effects of domestic violence on children

2. Screen for domestic violence in custody case initiation

3. Ban Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) and other unscientific theories

4. Repeal laws and practices regarding ?Friendly Parent? and Joint Custody

5. Allow children to speak and testify before a judge

6. Hold judges accountable for their decisions by eradicating the use of domestic violence gag orders imposed upon protective mothers and their support teams

7. Require child protective agencies to consult and partner with domestic violence advocates when domestic violence is suspected

8. Correct past mistakes: Revoke joint/shared custody decrees where there is evidence of abuse in the child?s environment

9. Abuser must pass the ?Assessing Change in Batterers" by Lundy Bancroft and Jay G. Silverman, before he/she may have any contact with the person he/she abused.
May 24th, 2013
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
May 12th, 2013
Someone from Kingwood, TX signed.
May 11th, 2013
Someone from Bonne Terre, MO writes:
My Grandson is 4 and he is forced to unsupervised visitation because his other grandparent is a correctional officer, even though his dad is ocd, bi-polar, mental issues, self mutilizes himself and schitzophrenic.
May 9th, 2013
Someone from Lake Charles, LA signed.
May 6th, 2013
Someone from Texas City, TX signed.
May 5th, 2013
Someone from Galveston, TX signed.
Apr 24th, 2013
Someone from Newtown Square, PA signed.
Apr 22nd, 2013
Someone from Highland Mills, NY writes:
We need help i feel hopeless i am doing everything legally and i have doctors and therapist backing me up but i still have to give my son back to his abuser or face jail time or loosing sole custody of him.well i think its something no mother should have to go through what has happened is bad enough and now i can never get back on a road to normalcy because i let my son who is only 2 and not verbal be further damaged because the judge does not want to believe this could happen.WELL NEITHER DO I !!! I will never have peace until my son is safe its all i think about we need a change now
Apr 18th, 2013
Someone from College Station, TX writes:
I am a victim to CPS allegations. I have not seen my kids for 5 years. I was an all a& b student graduated from high school had dream of becoming an nurse. I just don't understand how someone can traffic kids legally. I thought selling someone else kids was against the law..Someone please help me so that i may help other teen moms succeed. Stop CPS from manipulating the system to take teenage kids babies and sell them to adoptive parents for their own personal gain..My life was snatch away from me by the same people claiming to help me. People I thought I could trust to end up 18 on the street without my kids. I mean why wouldn't they help me I was in CPS custody. My kids were taking due to instability but I was not out of custody when they took my kids..Please someone pass my story along..PEACE AND MANY BLESSINGS..
Apr 18th, 2013
Someone from Temple, TX writes:
I was a "victim" to cps's allegations. I was a teen mom in 2000 and do to my age I was completely manipulated out of the rights of my twins. I am not against CPS by no means but all allegations should be sought out completely! And discremination "age,money, and orientation" should stop! Abuse and neglect is never ok but these days allegations are made more out of envy then reality.
Apr 16th, 2013
Someone from Wallingford, CT signed.
Apr 16th, 2013
Someone from Harker Heights, TX signed.
Apr 14th, 2013
Someone from Sugar Land, TX signed.
Apr 13th, 2013
Someone from Austin, TX signed.
Apr 12th, 2013
Someone from Austin, TX signed.
Apr 12th, 2013
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
Apr 12th, 2013
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
Apr 11th, 2013
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Apr 11th, 2013
Someone from Katy, TX signed.
Apr 11th, 2013
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
Apr 9th, 2013
Someone from Bangor, ME signed.
Apr 8th, 2013
Someone from Las Cruces, NM writes:
There is way too little training and accountability for judges who make crucial decisions about children's lives. These policies would help.
Apr 7th, 2013
Someone from Winnfield, LA signed.
Apr 6th, 2013
Someone from Spring, TX writes:
The court is filled with inexperienced judges . Decision are made that hurt the children, condems the better parent and cause untold damage to the children and financial ruin to the family.
Apr 6th, 2013
Someone from Spring, TX signed.
Apr 6th, 2013
Someone from Spring, TX signed.
Apr 6th, 2013
Someone from Abilene, TX writes:
God be with and bless all these children
Apr 5th, 2013
Someone from Austin, TX signed.
Apr 4th, 2013
Someone from Baytown, TX signed.
Apr 3rd, 2013
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Apr 3rd, 2013
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
Apr 3rd, 2013
Someone from Newtown Square, PA signed.
Apr 3rd, 2013
Someone from New York, NY signed.
Apr 3rd, 2013
Someone from Franktown, CO writes:
Bring accountability to the civil court system. Please sign this petition and forward it to all you know!
Apr 2nd, 2013
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
Apr 2nd, 2013
Someone from Buffalo, TX writes:
Apr 2nd, 2013
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Apr 2nd, 2013
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Apr 2nd, 2013
Someone from Spring, TX signed.
Apr 2nd, 2013
Someone from Halethorpe, MD signed.