Stop Court-Ordered Domestic Violence

Tatiana Pauwels? Nine Initiatives For State Legislatures To End Court-Ordered Domestic Violence By The U.S. Family Court System:

1. Require judges, children?s attorneys, mediators, law enforcement and other professionals to receive certified training in recognizing domestic violence, gender bias, and the effects of domestic violence on children

2. Screen for domestic violence in custody case initiation

3. Ban Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) and other unscientific theories

4. Repeal laws and practices regarding ?Friendly Parent? and Joint Custody

5. Allow children to speak and testify before a judge

6. Hold judges accountable for their decisions by eradicating the use of domestic violence gag orders imposed upon protective mothers and their support teams

7. Require child protective agencies to consult and partner with domestic violence advocates when domestic violence is suspected

8. Correct past mistakes: Revoke joint/shared custody decrees where there is evidence of abuse in the child?s environment

9. Abuser must pass the ?Assessing Change in Batterers" by Lundy Bancroft and Jay G. Silverman, before he/she may have any contact with the person he/she abused.
Jul 17th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Jul 17th, 2014
Someone from Cypress, TX signed.
Jul 1st, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Jun 27th, 2014
Someone from Brazoria, TX signed.
Jun 26th, 2014
Someone from Brazoria, TX signed.
Jun 21st, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
IN JESUS NAME, SHERRI DEAN WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE FAMILY LAW COURT. WE HAVE OVERCOME! HALLELUYAH!!! THE CHAIN IS BROKEN IN THE ALMIGHTY NAME OF CHRIST, OUR LORD!!! SHERI DEAN HAS BEEN CONQUERED!!!
May 23rd, 2014
Someone from Dayton, OH writes:
Judge Steven Hurley when I went with him proof that my ex husband is driving behind me, showing up at my job and other places he stated don't waste the court time. I am not concern this is a PAS case.
May 8th, 2014
Someone from Leavenworth, KS writes:
Help Domestic Violence. Speak out and speak up!
May 1st, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Judge Sheri Y Dean is biased from what I gathered sitting across from her bench. I am a woman and a Mother and she tore me apart and made me feel small. Her punishment was EXTREME and did not resolve the issue. Also, ever since she has been on bench the 309th of Harris County Clerk's are extremely rude on the phone. They have zero compassion and basically hang up on you. Something is not right in that courtroom. Judges need to be firm but this Judge is biased in her firmness against woman and Mother's. And it is extreme. She needs to not be ruling for Texas families. Her job is to look out for the best interest of families and I don't think she radiates that whatsoever.
Apr 25th, 2014
Someone from Cypress, TX writes:
I have seen first hand most all of these statements against while in court myself and then for a friend. I have been so horribly afraid that these Judges, such as Sheri Dean and Amicus, such as Claudia Canales would be making such unbelievable decisions AGAINST precious children. I have witnessed them in action more than once! Just incredible that they are still in there! Among other Judges and Amicus Attorneys in Harris County Family Courts that just blow your mind that this actually is happening in this century! They should be soooo terribly ashamed that they continue with this over an over again! Please vote against these type of people so they can get OUT of our systems. Also lift up any judge that you have been involved with that you know is doing a good job! Those are the ones we need to focus on as well! Unfortunately, I don't know of 1 to say anything good about. Drug Users, Abuser, Thieves, Homeless, Jobless men are getting the children from really good women. We don't understand!
Apr 22nd, 2014
Someone from Katy, TX signed.
Apr 16th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
My fellow.Texans the time is now. If your amicus is engaging in misconduct and violating the law file a grievance. Bartering children, taking bribes, and destroying the innocence. VOICE
Apr 16th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Apr 15th, 2014
Someone from Gulfport, MS signed.
Apr 15th, 2014
Someone from Gulfport, MS signed.
Apr 15th, 2014
Someone from Gulfport, MS signed.
Apr 12th, 2014
Someone from Vidalia, LA writes:
Louisiana in Parish of Concordia. Judges and attroneies Da and court appointed attorney for the children they all work together. I was treated like a piece of trash bc my daughter was physically abused and her father admired to doing the abuse and admitted to drug use. Failed his drug test and I passed a hair test. I was accused of making my child say it happened and there was proof her admitted to causing the harm but not intending to do such damage. My ex abused me for 9 years and then I left the relationship and he abused my child. I was said to be unfit bc I just up and left my home with nothing and was looked down on bc I had taken two jobs (the only two I could find) and that was used against me bc they said it was an all black club and I was workin on purpose not to make enough money. His family had never had anything to do with our child during the relationship bc they said she was a sin born out of marriage. The father and my child's court appointed attorney were cousins and they also interview my child in back chambers only asking her who my best friend was which was black someone of a different race. I was on the stand for a total of 8 hours closed court session and nothing is on record. The evidence of my child of the wound when I report the abuse on December 18 2011 which was a video tape of it and all the notes and documents all came up missing the day of the last court hearing. Both officers who interview my daughter and said this is child abuse and ordered me not to send her back to her father suddenly got on stand and testified nothing was wrong with my daughter when asked then where was the documentation by the judge they both stated they didn't know where it was. The judge said OK NO MORE QUESTIONS. my daughters attorney asked me questions about the domestic volience for about 45 minutes and then asked about Chloe's school. She said that I should of left long ago and I said I finally did and she said well if it was that bad why didn't you call the police. I said I did I have 6 police reports and fathers attorney and daughters attorney wouldn't allow them bc they said it had nothing to do with the case. Point being they allowed her father to have more custody and put me on supervised vistion for only 3 hours at a time I was ordered to be mentally evaluated and I was told be the judge I was immature bc of all of this. My child's father was behind 6 months of child support admit to the harm admit to drug use around Chloe and selling drugs failed his drug test and he walked away clean free. After the finally hearing my attorney then says well that's it. It could have been worst. I was order only to live with my mother. They found me to be unstable and I couldn't support my child as her father. His child support was cut to a third of what he was making even w him making more than the firs order. You tell me who is what?!? Concordia Parish! Louisiana
Apr 7th, 2014
Someone from Trenton, MI writes:
I see first hand the treatment of my friend going through a divorce in Austin, Tx. is being bullied by the court system itself and the greed of the scandalous attorneys and judges disgusts me to no end.. The system is victimizing the victim and it must change!
Mar 31st, 2014
Someone from Sugar Land, TX signed.
Mar 30th, 2014
Someone from Cypress, TX writes:
Canales is NOT about "the best interest of the child", unqualified, does not investigate, incompetent and more. She affected my son's life forever. Knowing I was a victim of domestic violence. PAS is REAL! It affects children and the damage is real. Amicus/Ad Litem can be disciplined by the bar. Let's stand together to stop her from harming our children and future forever as she has done to mine. 40 minutes with me and hours and hours with my ex and his witnesses that lied knowing he was verbally and physically abusive to me with police reports. The witnesses, now his wife, lied and my ex even abused her and her children while Canales' interviews was going on! Canales would not even return my phone calls, read my emails, nor talk to my witnesses until right before mediation (a whole 30 minutes for both witnesses). She blasted me in mediation for asking for prayers for my son's dysplastic nevi (29 removed and 70% abnormal; ex's family has a history of skin cancers) that was a result of many sunburns in my ex's care. This injustice with her was a few years ago but an incident this week compelled me to speak out. Custody battle ensued as he didn't want to pay me code child support (from $500 per month to $1750) and he had my son convinced that I was trying to keep him from him although I gave him and his extended family extra time. Who lets a 12 year old read court documents that they don't understand! Was it not enough that I walked from a million dollars of assets with permanent damage from physical abuse my son witnessed? During the custody battle Canales was standing there with my attorney, my ex's attorney Kay Polk, my ex, and my child when my ex was standing over my son in front of MY ATTORNEY and said 'remember what we talked about so you can tell the judge' (not verbatim since I declined to attend and put my child in that position and I knew that Judge York would not interview my son in chambers as they (Kay Polk) filed this 2nd emergency hearing to talk to my son after the Judge said NO the first time; and notified my attorney via fax after hours the evening before the hearing as a plan for him not to know nor attend the next morning! Let's stand together to stop her. Review AVVO ratings, lawyerratingz, hope4kidz, and more. SECTION 1.05. Subchapter A, Chapter 107, Family Code, is amended by adding Section 107.0045 to read as follows: Sec. 107.0045. DISCIPLINE OF ATTORNEY AD LITEM. An attorney ad litem who fails to perform the duties required by Sections 107.003 and 107.004 is subject to disciplinary action under Subchapter E, Chapter 81, Government Code. AGAINST PARENTIAL ALIENATION AND INCOMPETENT AD LITEMS Must reads:(They're on Facebook and online sites) Barbara C. Johnson's book Behind the Black Robes Failed Justice. Amy J.L. Baker, Adult Children of Parental Alienation Syndrome; for kids "I Don't Want to Choose" I tried to give her a copy but she wouldn't take it Dr. Richard A Warshak, Divorce Po
Mar 29th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Taylor makes a mockery of state board of Texas. She is a disgrace to legal profession. She has no respect for Code of Conduct. Lawyers wonder why they dont make money. Because the unethical have ruined the profession. Judges Beware the federal USA's are watching.
Mar 27th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Terisa Taylor is a hick with unwashed neck. How could you expect her to know what is good for your child if God decided she was not to have any of her own. Truly repulsive money grubbing hick.
Mar 25th, 2014
Someone from Spring Branch, TX writes:
Terisa Taylor is biased towards fathers, unfair to mothers, let my grandchild go to father and his parents who sexually abuse her,
Mar 23rd, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
It is about time there is justice!
Mar 23rd, 2014
Someone from Highland Mills, NY signed.
Mar 23rd, 2014
Someone from Highland Mills, NY signed.
Mar 11th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Judge Sheri Dean is the bully. Nobody run against her. On top of that, she is one shameless bully bc she contempts anyone who cannot pay her buddies court-appointed fees. One insatiable pig who gets watched by court-watched.
Mar 11th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Mar 8th, 2014
Someone from Saint Louis, MO signed.
Mar 7th, 2014
Someone from Bayside, NY signed.
Mar 7th, 2014
Someone from Bridgeport, NY writes:
Investigate court corruption in domestic violence cases especially when domestic violence has been committed by a law enforcement officer.
Mar 7th, 2014
Someone from Chuckey, TN signed.
Mar 7th, 2014
Someone from Pineville, LA writes:
I have been a CASA ( Court Appointed Special Advocate) for Children in the State of Louisiana for 9 years. And I am Greatly APPALLED at the Strong Hand Unethical Prejudiced Manner that the Harris County Family Court Exploits and Destroys the lives of these Precious Children. SHAME ON YOU, HONORABLE JUDGE SHERRI DEEN, Teresa Taylor, Judge/Attorney Ramos and Others because your Day In HELL will most certainly COME !!!
Mar 5th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Feb 15th, 2014
Someone from Magnolia, TX signed.
Feb 13th, 2014
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
Jan 31st, 2014
Someone from Dickinson, TX writes:
I have been going through the 309th District Court for about 4 years now. Me and my ex had 50/50 custody since we got divorced in 2004. In 2010 my ex decided that he wanted to take me to court and have my kids taken away from me (all because he said I really hurt him when I left him). When he had abused me multiple times infront of the kids and sold drugs out of the home we lived in (of course I am going to leave). With that being said he took me to court stating that I was unstable for my kids because I have a mental illness (depression). Who in this world doesnt that gets abused by their spouse. When we went to court Judge Dean stripped me of all my rights to my kids. I could only have supervised visitations with them for 8 hrs 1 sunday a month. I have been fighting this court for 4 years and I have gotten a little bit back everytime that we go. But it is just mind boggling to me how you can give someone custody of the kids when they have a history of physical abuse on their spouse and children. We even showed pictures of bruises that my ex left on my kids.....still nothing. My kids testified in court against him and still nothing. The amicus attorney was very clear that the kids did not need to be in my ex's home....still nothing.My es testified in court that he did not want my kids around my stepmom without supervision because she has had a DWI...he now has a DWI...where are the kids.....still with him. I have read all the stories and I am apalled. I knew something was wrong witht the 309th when things went so badly with my court appearances but I really didnt think that was this bad. The Harris County family court system sucks.
Jan 26th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Amicus attorney's are not always right . Even when the child and the attorneys know the child should be with you they change on you for none payment and make lies up . Are amicus (allyson bruboker ) said my child never wanted to live wih me and I have proof that my daughter never said such things . Plus my wife has a family violance against her and my daughter saw the whole thing and the amicus said we made it up . Thats the system at work it sucks .
Jan 26th, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Jan 25th, 2014
Someone from Round Rock, TX signed.