Stop Court-Ordered Domestic Violence

Tatiana Pauwels? Nine Initiatives For State Legislatures To End Court-Ordered Domestic Violence By The U.S. Family Court System:

1. Require judges, children?s attorneys, mediators, law enforcement and other professionals to receive certified training in recognizing domestic violence, gender bias, and the effects of domestic violence on children

2. Screen for domestic violence in custody case initiation

3. Ban Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) and other unscientific theories

4. Repeal laws and practices regarding ?Friendly Parent? and Joint Custody

5. Allow children to speak and testify before a judge

6. Hold judges accountable for their decisions by eradicating the use of domestic violence gag orders imposed upon protective mothers and their support teams

7. Require child protective agencies to consult and partner with domestic violence advocates when domestic violence is suspected

8. Correct past mistakes: Revoke joint/shared custody decrees where there is evidence of abuse in the child?s environment

9. Abuser must pass the ?Assessing Change in Batterers" by Lundy Bancroft and Jay G. Silverman, before he/she may have any contact with the person he/she abused.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from League City, TX signed.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Massillon, OH writes:
My Daughter is having extream problem,caused by an Exparte Order. The charges were false,now it would take 5,000.00 to get an Attorny,and the Father is suspecous of Child Abuse. He "is" Militarily yanking the 3yr old into shape as he thinks the child was'nt doing all HE thought he should be achiving.3yr.old.I have seen on one ocasion for myself. Is this justice ? people seem to be on his side,at the court . He was in the Military, So was the Guy how shot the fellow soulders at one Fort,not to long ago ? My Daughter is in shock trauma now, I can only imagin the 3yr.old.What ungodly judgement this is...?..
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Washington, DC signed.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Kihei, HI signed.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Kihei, HI writes:
Judge Tanaka of Maui Hawaii ripped my precious then 1 1/2 year old baby girl away from me and gave her to my abuser who was allowed to move across the pacific ocean with my daughter. Please stop this abuse from the courts.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Redwood City, CA writes:
I have witnessed his abuse in the past.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Silence is a virtue??? "Only a fool thinks that silence is always a virtue". Sir Francis Bacon
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
Oct 22nd, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Round Rock, TX writes:
Mrs. Texas Plus America 2011 Lets stop the cycle!
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Katy, TX signed.
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Sandpoint, ID signed.
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
As a parent, I know i have civil rights...my petition was to grant me a DNA testing on a previous marrige Divorce i had. (past) For whatever reason my petition was not Granted by the Judge. i felt that i couldv'e had my joint or share custody on my child but do the order ruled by the Judge that gave me. now i cant even visit, speak, or have my own child under my wing. (unfair ruling) in (California)...this is why im signing this! all i wanted was justice and it wasn't made. :'(
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Oct 21st, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 20th, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 20th, 2011
Someone from High Point, NC signed.
Oct 19th, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 19th, 2011
Someone from Olympia, WA signed.
Oct 19th, 2011
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
According to The Leadership Council on Child Abuse & Interpersonal Violence, more than 58,000 [known] children a year are ordered into unsupervised contact with physically or sexually abusive parents following divorce in the United States.
Oct 19th, 2011
Someone from Torrance, CA signed.
Oct 18th, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Oct 18th, 2011
Someone from Houston, TX signed.