Stop The Choking Game

There is an alarming wave of deaths among our country?s youth; a wave that continues to go unnoticed by mainstream media. Adolescents across the nation are victims of unintentional fatalities caused by their participation in the ?choking game? and though known by many names, the intent is to pass out purposely for amusement or for a ?buzz?. This silent epidemic that focuses the most brutal results on our very young middle schoolers, remains hidden from public attention because currently there is no way to accurately track and report the number of cases. This lack of statistical proof also limits prevention efforts promoted by the grass-roots organization of the thousands of grieving families who have lost a child to this insidious ?game?.

As your constituent, I have signed my name below to ask that you help us help our children by doing the following:

1. Call the CDC and request to be briefed on the issue of the ?choking game?.

2. Support the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services by requesting that the World Health Organization add a sub code that includes the ?choking game? as a cause of death.

3. Include the ?choking game? among the health-risk behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth in the CDC?s Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS), and make the YRBS affordable and accessible for all states.

4. Support the CDC?s Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) model of education as the means to disseminate information regarding the ?choking game?.

Enduring the death of a child is heartbreaking. As my representative to Congress, I ask that you help me prevent other families from this heartache by showing your support in establishing statistical evidence of the ?choking game,? Your efforts will assist us in heightening awareness among teens and their parents, teachers, and health care providers.

Sep 14th, 2017
Trish N. from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
my heart goes to any one and every one effected by this "game". I personally want to make it a mission to bring awareness to my community.
Sep 14th, 2017
Trish N. from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
Sep 7th, 2017
Kathy C. from Surprise, AZ signed.
Sep 7th, 2017
William D. from Far Hills, NJ signed.
Aug 21st, 2017
Karin K. from Scotch Plains, NJ signed.
Jul 29th, 2017
Lorie E. from Wichita, KS signed.
Jul 17th, 2017
Shannon C. from Burkesville, KY writes:
My 13 year old died this from this game. Awareness is vital for our children. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=572191272951645&id=100004823324438
Jul 14th, 2017
Cathy F. from Mchenry, IL signed.
Jul 13th, 2017
Gary D S. from Cary, IL writes:
making more aware will save many... g
Jul 12th, 2017
Brenda O. from Streator, IL writes:
Read a couple articles on "the choking game" but not on of them explained how you play it. It would really help to know what you are actually talking about. Grandma of a 10 year old.
Jun 26th, 2017
Amber C. from Saint Louis, MO signed.
Jun 3rd, 2017
Someone from Pembroke, MA signed.
May 18th, 2017
Troylynn M. from Sacramento, CA signed.
May 18th, 2017
Troylynn M. from Sacramento, CA writes:
When my 10 years child Jeremiah transformed I did not know of such evil game The Chocking Game tell some children told me. I seen the signs but didn't know. I wouldn't want any family to go through what my family go through. Knowledge Is Powerful
May 18th, 2017
Troylynn M. from Sacramento, CA signed.
Apr 24th, 2017
Samantha B. from Severn, MD signed.
Mar 20th, 2017
Someone from Summerville, SC signed.
Mar 15th, 2017
Someone from Cottonwood, AZ writes:
CHILDREN are dying! Some as young as 6! Some live but are damaged for life! My son was 18 and HE.IS.GONE. What a ridiculous, risky/DANGEROUS "game"... but it's NOT a GAME!
Feb 12th, 2017
Someone from Culver City, CA signed.
Feb 8th, 2017
Someone from Bartlett, IL signed.
Feb 8th, 2017
Carole Sue C. from Mount Pleasant, SC writes:
I can't believe my young friends and I used to play this game back in the 1948-49 time frame. Sure didn't know the dangers then, we were lucky back then from stupidity. Thank God this is now known as a very bad thing to do. God bless those families who have suffered and are now speaking out about this danger.
Feb 8th, 2017
Tina B. from Twin Rocks, PA signed.
Jan 23rd, 2017
Someone from Barnesville, OH writes:
My 21 year old niece died from this..there is no awareness for kids like drugs and alcohol..kids need to be aware of brain damage or even death as a result from this!!
Jan 15th, 2017
Someone from Candler, NC writes:
Thanks to this article for bringing to my attention
Jan 11th, 2017
Erica L. from Santa Monica, CA writes:
This choking game needs to be stopped! Whatever the cost, if it saves children's lives. Our doing nothing about this is like killing them ourselves. Stop this now!
Dec 17th, 2016
Linda M. from Lake Wales, FL signed.
Nov 29th, 2016
gary w. from Brentwood, TN writes:
Simply awful. Surely we can try & help stop this.
Nov 18th, 2016
Bridget E. from Centerton, AR signed.
Nov 15th, 2016
comm c. from Albany, NY signed.
Nov 8th, 2016
Someone from Long Beach, CA signed.
Oct 10th, 2016
Rob W. from Newark, OH signed.
Oct 7th, 2016
Someone from Grayson, GA writes:
Lost my happy 13 year old son to this "game" 6 years ago. Doctors, teachers and parents need to be more aware of the signs of this dangerous game. So many times the children are playing this at school and they need to know that it kills or causes brain damage. The school our son attended seemed to be afraid of liability instead of wanting to keep students safe. That in itself is a crime.
Sep 29th, 2016
Michelle S. from Sun Prairie, WI writes:
RIP Jack Paul Servi 3/23/2000 - 8/19/2016 My beautiful son stolen from me from a teen fad. :(
Sep 25th, 2016
Someone from Sun Prairie, WI writes:
I lost my son Jack Servi - 16 -to this stupid thing that was called a "game". PLEASE, help us make it stop before one more life is lost!
Sep 25th, 2016
Someone from Cottonwood, AZ writes:
I lost my son to this stupid thing that was called a "game". PLEASE, help us make it stop before one more life is lost!
Sep 24th, 2016
Someone from Miami, FL signed.
Sep 20th, 2016
Someone from Pittsburgh, PA signed.
Sep 19th, 2016
Someone from Toledo, OH signed.
Sep 17th, 2016
Someone from Imperial, PA signed.
Sep 17th, 2016
Someone from Girard, PA signed.