Requesting Cosponsors To Discharge Student Debt through Bankruptcy: H.R.449 - 114th Congress (2015-2016)

Dear Members of Congress,

Bankruptcy protections should never have been removed from any student loans in this nation. In general, we believe it is very clear at this point that removing bankruptcy protections from both private and federal student loans has led to predatory lending behavior, has enabled unchecked inflation in the cost of college, has led to intolerably poor oversight in the case of federal loans, and caused a plethora of other negative consequences that have far outweighed any short term financial benefits to the lending side of the system. The harm this has done to the citizenry has been incalculable. Therefore, we believe that bankruptcy protections must be returned to all student loans as quickly as possible. The current legislation is an important start, however, and so we look forward to its quick passage.

Please cosponser H.R. 449 to help generations of Americans struggling with the financial burden of student loan debt.

Signed,
Aug 3rd, 2016
Someone from Yorktown, VA signed.
Aug 3rd, 2016
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
Aug 3rd, 2016
Someone from Mount Vernon, IL writes:
Time to fix this and let us have a life
Aug 3rd, 2016
Someone from Henrico, VA signed.
Aug 3rd, 2016
Someone from Schenectady, NY writes:
I worked 70hrs a week and still couldn't pay make payments and have a roof over my head. I had cancer and couldn't work. Now its just out of control and has put a strangle hold on my life.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Bowie, MD signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Stanwood, WA signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Yarmouth, ME signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Avon, OH signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Nanticoke, PA signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Schenectady, NY signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Morgan Hill, CA signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Seattle, WA signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Winter Park, FL signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Camarillo, CA signed.
Aug 2nd, 2016
Someone from Wylie, TX signed.
Aug 1st, 2016
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Aug 1st, 2016
Someone from Aurora, CO signed.
Aug 1st, 2016
Someone from Cle Elum, WA signed.
Aug 1st, 2016
Someone from Evanston, IL signed.
Jul 27th, 2016
Someone from Arnold, MO signed.
Jul 26th, 2016
Someone from Jackson, WY writes:
I was duped by a diploma mill, the "teacher " was not even a teacher. They offered they group before mine an alternative course because they knew the course was fazing out. Did not offer any alternative for my group. People who cheated in class were known cheaters and were on the honors list. Was not a real school/college. Went to the director who blew me off. Kaplan had changed it's name but is a scum bag diplma mill, and liars
Jul 26th, 2016
Someone from Cullman, AL writes:
Before you start giving away college education, forgive the student debt that is choking so many already. At least allow for bankruptcy. At 53 I will be paying part of my Social Security check to the student loan. Sad. I owe more now than I started with.
Jul 26th, 2016
Someone from Davenport, IA signed.
Jul 26th, 2016
Someone from Davenport, IA signed.
Someone from Broomall, PA writes:
And quit holding our transcripts hostage! It prevents us from pursuing our right to happiness!
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Ithaca, NY signed.
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Miami, FL signed.
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Portland, OR signed.
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Greenwood, IN signed.
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Canton, OH signed.
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Leavenworth, KS signed.
Someone from Denton, TX writes:
I'm a 60yr old Counselor drowning in 325,000$ student loan debt
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Wylie, TX signed.
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Aurora, CO signed.
Someone from Denver, CO writes:
Please do what is RIGHT. This is right for AMERICA. This is right for students, families, old and young who are ENSLAVED BY student loan debt. I personally will DIE before I could ever pay it. A slave to this and unable to ever move forward in my life. Can only rent an apt., not buy, drive a 20 year old car, not lease. And NO teacher forgiveness as I was told I went to college the WRONG years!!! 20 years in the hood, serving as an educator, and a cannot pay off my student debt-impossible! At 57, this Kills My Heart!
Jul 25th, 2016
Someone from Yorktown, VA signed.