Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution

An idea whose time has come For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come. Have each person contact a minimum of Twenty people on their Address list, in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around. Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States." I sure wish I could take credit for this but it was sent to me in an e-mail....I support it. I hope you as the lawmakers realize how angry the American people really are. So lets see if you really have our interests at heart and see you put this into law!
Oct 4th, 2017
Andrew P. from Miami, FL signed.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Alexander G. from Lowell, MA signed.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Orlando A. from Inglewood, CA writes:
WE THE PEOPLE - Need to make this happen.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Westford, MA writes:
congress; not what our founding fathers intended at all "We the People" does not mean "all for us none for you" and We are finally fighting back. support this bill and endorse our petition 28th Amendment.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Monroe Township, NJ writes:
congress . you were elected to help the American public not to fill your pockets . your raping me of what I believed to be a free America, you will not be reelected that I hope the American people will do . put some one in there with our lives . your group seems to not even care what the new president wants to do . rebuild America .your in that office of yours to work with the president of the united states . not divide . if the cash don't fall into your hands you do the right thing . stop . I am not voting any one who I feel isn't working for me .. and that is you all. I AM TIRED OF BEING RAPED BY YOUR CONGRESS.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Monroe Township, NJ writes:
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Monroe Township, NJ writes:
Oct 2nd, 2017
Mollie M. from Boulder, CO signed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Mollie M. from Boulder, CO signed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Someone from Syracuse, NY writes:
Agreed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Someone from Iowa City, IA signed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Someone from Greenville, NY writes:
This needs ot be done to be fair to all public servants...
Oct 2nd, 2017
Someone from Long Beach, CA writes:
let's make this happen
Oct 2nd, 2017
Lorelei M. from New York, NY signed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Claudia D. from Austin, TX signed.
Oct 1st, 2017
linde e. from Waterbury, VT writes:
i dont believe anything the government says and they dont listen to the people as they should.i say give them what the poor make and make them suffer.
Sep 30th, 2017
DIA R. from Minneapolis, MN writes:
WE THE PEOPLE DEMAND OUR REPRESENTATIVES/CONGRESS DO OUR WILL! WE DEMAND THE END OF CORRUPTION! WE VOTE AND WE WILL VOTE MIDTERMS! VOTE OUT ALL EVIL FROM USA ONCE AND FOR ALL!
Sep 30th, 2017
Bill K. from Newnan, GA writes:
The only way this can be stopped is by the people
Sep 30th, 2017
Gary J. from East Moline, IL writes:
I agree they must live by the laws they make for everyone else.
Sep 30th, 2017
Gary J. from East Moline, IL writes:
I agree they must live by the laws they make for everyone else.
Sep 30th, 2017
William F. from Gainesville, GA writes:
We are all citizens.
Sep 30th, 2017
Someone from Ballwin, MO signed.
Sep 29th, 2017
Ernest P. from Goose Creek, SC writes:
Yes, All members of politics should be included in what they do to us. We are ALL Americans!
Sep 29th, 2017
Lorna S. from Arcadia, FL writes:
This has gotten out of hand and we the people need to pull the reins in on all of this! Our public servants now think they are our Lords and this must be stopped!
Sep 29th, 2017
Lorna S. from Arcadia, FL writes:
Sep 29th, 2017
jack m. from Klamath Falls, OR signed.
Sep 29th, 2017
Luetta J. from Olivehurst, CA writes:
And, except for GREED, why hasn't Congress already done this. Again, were allowing ourselves to be victimized by these dark ages courtesies where they do not belong. **** this 70 year young person.
Sep 29th, 2017
Someone from Oxon Hill, MD writes:
Agree. It's a conflict of interest.
Sep 29th, 2017
Someone from Monte Vista, CO writes:
This is important!
Sep 28th, 2017
Dohn H. from Kane, PA writes:
I am call my congressman today to ask the how they feel about this!
Sep 28th, 2017
Dohn H. from Kane, PA writes:
I am call my congressman today to ask the how they feel about this!
Sep 27th, 2017
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
You're not above the law. You will not remain above the law. There are more of us than there are of you and together we are strong. The oppression ends now.
Sep 27th, 2017
Roberta P. from Mishawaka, IN signed.
Sep 27th, 2017
james d. from Kent, WA writes:
Try living for awhile under the same restraints the average American lives under. Try all 3 levels. Well off. Middle class, and retirees living on social security. Do each one for one year each and I bet you will have a better understanding. You can't know it till you have lived it. I believe you all want to help but please try my plan and see what you come up with. I will support each of you with all my will. I believe in active involvement of EVERY American citizen. I am 75 and have been there. Also, so many times I have heard people say don't talk r religion.about politics. what nonsense. Take care and thank you for what you do. Your brother Jim
Sep 26th, 2017
William C. from Greensboro, NC writes:
I am 100% FOR the 28th Amendment as it is LONG overdue!!!!
Sep 22nd, 2017
Audrey H. from Knoxville, TN writes:
I'm appalled
Sep 20th, 2017
Someone from New Baltimore, MI signed.
Sep 20th, 2017
Arron W. from Chandler, AZ writes:
Much needed, but current reps and senators serving aren't going to take away their personal perks, and all the power and influence they have in my opinion. Citizen United was one of worst decisions Supreme court ever made.
Sep 20th, 2017
Arron W. from Chandler, AZ writes:
Sep 19th, 2017
Someone from Hialeah, FL writes:
Pass the 28th AND term limits. Unfortunately, no one currently in Congress or the Senate will vote for that UNLESS it exempts those currently serving. IMO this would be an acceptable compromise. At least when the current swamp dies off the country will be much better of for my grandchildren.