Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution

An idea whose time has come For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn't pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered...in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come. Have each person contact a minimum of Twenty people on their Address list, in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around. Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States." I sure wish I could take credit for this but it was sent to me in an e-mail....I support it. I hope you as the lawmakers realize how angry the American people really are. So lets see if you really have our interests at heart and see you put this into law!
Oct 10th, 2017
Tom O. from Edmond, OK writes:
There may not be a way to stop the political class from destroying the nation to feed their own greed, but we can slow them down. Stop government of, by and for special interests. I support the 28th Amendment.
Oct 10th, 2017
Someone from Denver, CO writes:
Sign this petition !!
Oct 9th, 2017
Someone from Brainerd, MN signed.
Oct 9th, 2017
Someone from Harrisburg, PA writes:
Congress must absolutely be treated the same as the constituents it represents!
Oct 9th, 2017
Someone from Harrisburg, PA writes:
Congress must absolutely be treated the same as the constituents it represents!
Oct 9th, 2017
Someone from Harrisburg, PA writes:
Congress must absolutely be treated the same as the constituents it represents!
Oct 9th, 2017
Someone from Harrisburg, PA writes:
Congress must absolutely be treated the same as the constituents it represents!
Oct 8th, 2017
April F. from Wilmington, NC writes:
This petition started in 2010. Simply look at the last page. Am I the only one noticing petitions don’t work? Find a candidate and do actual work for that candidate. YOU create change with action. Get out there.
Oct 8th, 2017
David C. from Rutledge, MO signed.
Oct 7th, 2017
Someone from Fort Myers, FL writes:
Agree with this proposal!
Oct 6th, 2017
Someone from Twin Falls, ID signed.
Oct 6th, 2017
krys s. from Williston, ND writes:
I'd LOVE to see this signed and become common law AND knowledge by the majority of the people who profess to love or at least like this country & the countless opportunities it offers to each of us. No excuses please.
Oct 6th, 2017
John G. from Scottsdale, AZ writes:
Congress has always looked out for it self.They have never been concerned about there constituents. As long as the patrolium companies,tobacco companies, pharmaceuticals, insurance companies and the NRA have control over politicians the rich and politicians will continue to steel from the country.
Oct 6th, 2017
John G. from Scottsdale, AZ writes:
Oct 6th, 2017
John G. from Scottsdale, AZ writes:
Oct 5th, 2017
Shevan S. from Lincoln, NE signed.
Oct 5th, 2017
Shevan S. from Lincoln, NE signed.
Oct 5th, 2017
Shevan S. from Lincoln, NE signed.
Oct 5th, 2017
Shevan S. from Lincoln, NE signed.
Oct 5th, 2017
Robert M. from Edinburg, VA writes:
I believe that Congress should not make any laws that does not apply too them, I'm for the proposed 28th amendment.
Oct 5th, 2017
Robert M. from Edinburg, VA writes:
Oct 5th, 2017
Erik O. from West Sacramento, CA writes:
sounds like a great idea
Oct 5th, 2017
Michael S. from Far Rockaway, NY writes:
Add term limits to this .
Oct 5th, 2017
Michael S. from Far Rockaway, NY writes:
Add term limits to this .
Oct 5th, 2017
Michael S. from Far Rockaway, NY writes:
Add term limits to this .
Oct 5th, 2017
Someone from Dubuque, IA writes:
It's long overdue that "We The People" #RiseUp and let Our Voices Be Heard Across America... #EnoughisEnough. As the Hero in Pennsylvania said on a plane with Terrorists on #911...LET'S ROLL...
Oct 4th, 2017
Grace D. from Cataumet, MA signed.
Oct 4th, 2017
JOHN R. from San Jose, CA signed.
Oct 4th, 2017
Andrew P. from Miami, FL signed.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Alexander G. from Lowell, MA signed.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Orlando A. from Inglewood, CA writes:
WE THE PEOPLE - Need to make this happen.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Westford, MA writes:
congress; not what our founding fathers intended at all "We the People" does not mean "all for us none for you" and We are finally fighting back. support this bill and endorse our petition 28th Amendment.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Monroe Township, NJ writes:
congress . you were elected to help the American public not to fill your pockets . your raping me of what I believed to be a free America, you will not be reelected that I hope the American people will do . put some one in there with our lives . your group seems to not even care what the new president wants to do . rebuild America .your in that office of yours to work with the president of the united states . not divide . if the cash don't fall into your hands you do the right thing . stop . I am not voting any one who I feel isn't working for me .. and that is you all. I AM TIRED OF BEING RAPED BY YOUR CONGRESS.
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Monroe Township, NJ writes:
Oct 3rd, 2017
Someone from Monroe Township, NJ writes:
Oct 2nd, 2017
Mollie M. from Boulder, CO signed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Mollie M. from Boulder, CO signed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Someone from Syracuse, NY writes:
Agreed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Someone from Iowa City, IA signed.
Oct 2nd, 2017
Someone from Greenville, NY writes:
This needs ot be done to be fair to all public servants...