Increase Herpes Research Funding

Please increase research funding to promote a cure and better treaments for HSV 1 and 2.

Herpes is a national, and worldwide epidemic. It increases one's chances of acquiring HIV, it causes blindness, it has been linked to Alzheimer's and certainly causes depression, anxiety and untold suffering amongst the afflicted and their loved ones. Additionally, herpes makes individuals who have AIDS more infectious.

The CDC estimates that 48 million people in the United States alone suffers from genital herpes. It is estimated that there are 500,000 new cases each year in the United States alone. Various estimates indicate the direct costs of treating genital herpes alone to be over 1 billion dollars per annum. This does not take into account productivity losses and the costs to treat resulting depression, etc. Additionally, this also does not reflect the economic burden associated with HSV-1 or oral/facial herpes which affects as many as 50% of the United States population and as many as 90% of the US population 50 years of age and older.

As a signer of this petition, taxpayer and proud citizen of the United States I respectfully ask that you do everything within your powers to increase research funding for this terrible disease!

Oct 8th, 2015
Someone from Richmond, VA signed.
Oct 6th, 2015
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
Oct 6th, 2015
Someone from Rockville, MD signed.
Oct 6th, 2015
Someone from Rudolph, WI signed.
Oct 1st, 2015
Someone from Stanford, KY writes:
Please join us at: www.killingsickness.com to help us put an end to virtually all virsues by helping fund Dr. Rider. Our campaign is set to launch on October 6th, help be apart of history and change the world and the way we treat viruses.
Oct 1st, 2015
Someone from Stanford, KY signed.
Sep 28th, 2015
Someone from Lawrenceburg, IN writes:
It would better our lives and our potential to find true happiness with someone if we knew there was no fear of breaking out and transmitting to someone else.
Sep 25th, 2015
Someone from Beverly Hills, CA signed.
Sep 24th, 2015
Someone from Bronx, NY writes:
Dear who truly cares, It really sucks to live with this terrible skin infection: Herpes and it really sucks knowing that there is not a cure for Herpes yet. It really sucks. And if someone out there really cares about our health, please increase the research funding for this dangerous disease and make a cure happen! If I'm rich, I would find a cure for myself but sadly, I'm not rich and I do not have any powers to make a cure happen but you can! So, please help us by increase the research fund and make the cure happen within one-three years instead of "no cures" for the next 20 years.
Sep 23rd, 2015
Someone from Gaithersburg, MD signed.
Sep 20th, 2015
Someone from Bozeman, MT signed.
Sep 18th, 2015
Someone from New York, NY signed.
Sep 17th, 2015
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
Sep 16th, 2015
Someone from New York, NY writes:
I want to give a testimony on how I get cured from herpes. As I was browse through the internet on how to get cured, I saw a lady testimony praising ekpiku I never believe it before until I tried it and it really work for me am very happy right now may God bless him. this is an opportunity for you to get cured contact him via ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com or call him +2347055029151 is herbal medicine cured me and am very happy sharing his testimony.
Sep 16th, 2015
Someone from Agawam, MA signed.
Sep 15th, 2015
Someone from Agawam, MA signed.
Sep 10th, 2015
Someone from New York, NY signed.
Aug 19th, 2015
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Aug 18th, 2015
Someone from San Leandro, CA signed.
Aug 16th, 2015
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
Aug 16th, 2015
Someone from New York, NY writes:
HERPES CURE I am really happy that i and my boyfriend are cured of (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr clement,i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years without solution until i came across the email of this doctors who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my boyfriend, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it,i also follows his instruction for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 3 weeks and which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this DR who is ready to help anytime any day. to all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this Dr and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me. he is really a great man contact him now. with this email: drakugbespellhome1@gail.com you can calls him for your own help
Aug 12th, 2015
Someone from Bloomfield Hills, MI signed.
Aug 10th, 2015
Someone from Charlotte, NC signed.
Aug 10th, 2015
Someone from Sanford, FL signed.
Aug 9th, 2015
Someone from Lima, OH signed.
Aug 9th, 2015
Someone from Mount Vernon, NY signed.
Aug 9th, 2015
Someone from New York, NY signed.
Aug 6th, 2015
Someone from Lakeland, FL signed.
Aug 6th, 2015
Someone from Berkeley, CA signed.
Aug 4th, 2015
Someone from Lynbrook, NY signed.
Aug 2nd, 2015
Someone from Columbia, SC signed.
Aug 1st, 2015
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Jul 31st, 2015
Someone from Berkeley, CA signed.
Jul 27th, 2015
Someone from Raeford, NC signed.
Jul 23rd, 2015
Someone from Yorba Linda, CA signed.
Jul 21st, 2015
Someone from Lakeland, FL writes:
Please help support this.
Jul 20th, 2015
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
Jul 17th, 2015
Someone from Madison, WI signed.
Jul 14th, 2015
Someone from Suitland, MD signed.
Jul 12th, 2015
Someone from Gainesville, FL writes:
As a sufferer of HSV-1, I must attest that it is an awful condition. The superficial, physical symptoms are one thing but the effects of this virus go much deeper. I've never felt so exhausted in my entire life. And I don't know if it will get better. Before I contracted this virus, I recall the friends that I know who have herpes. They're all chronically fatigued, they're susceptible to strange infections, they have this odd brain fog. Now, here I am with the same virus and I'm experiencing the same issues. I just thought those friends had some genetic/constitutional deficit.... No, herpes is like going through life carrying a sandbag. I recall a man in one of the classes I take. Everyone is looking vibrant but this man has a cold sore and his face is remarkably ashen and gray; a serious sign of one's kidneys being drained. If you goto the dialysis unit in a hospital, you will see what I'm talking about. Herpes is pulling us all down. And maybe that's a good thing with overpopulation and whatnot. But for those of us who are wanting to serve in this world, it is a burden that shouldn't be. Please raise the funding for herpes research.