Equal Health Benefits for Federal Employees who Serve in the National Guard and Reserves

I urge you to co-sponsor S. 1086 - introduced by Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT), and H.R. 5121 - introduced by Representative Trent Kelly (R-MS). These bills seek to remove the prohibition on eligibility for TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS) for members of the Guard and Reserve (Reservists) who are also eligible to enroll in the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Plan. TRS provides Reservists access to quality, low-cost, health insurance. However, since Federal Employees Reservists are eligible for FEHB, they are prohibited from purchasing TRS, even though they are subject to all of the requirements of being a Reservist, including combat deployments. From an individual-perspective, TRS is a much more affordable program. The average FEHB monthly employee premium for family coverage in 2018 for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Standard plan (the most popular FEHB plan since 1990) is $590.00 per month compared to $222.00 per month for TRS. This means that on average a Federal Employee Reservist is ‘penalized’ nearly $4,500 more per year for health coverage than their part-time counterparts. It's important to note that these bills do not shift all Federal Employee Reservists to TRS. Rather, it allows them the option of purchasing TRS coverage in addition to FEHB. This is a benefit they would otherwise have available to them as part of their Reserve commitment were it not for legal technicalities. For these reasons, I urge you to co-sponsor Sen. Hatch's bill, S. 1086 or Rep. Kelly's bill, H.R. 5121. Thank you for your attention and support to this very important matter.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
Marilyn J. from Goodman, MO writes:
I hope this bill passes. Our service men and women need it.
May 29th, 2017
David C. from Colorado Springs, CO signed.
May 29th, 2017
Wayne S. from Cullman, AL signed.
Shaun H. from Hattiesburg, MS writes:
Federal employees should be able to get TRS!
May 29th, 2017
Lee S. from Lexington, SC signed.
May 29th, 2017
Christopher R. from The Colony, TX signed.
May 28th, 2017
Someone from Hope Mills, NC signed.
May 28th, 2017
Priscilla S. from Columbia, SC signed.
May 28th, 2017
Priscilla S. from Columbia, SC signed.
May 28th, 2017
Priscilla S. from Columbia, SC signed.
May 28th, 2017
Priscilla S. from Columbia, SC signed.
May 28th, 2017
Priscilla S. from Columbia, SC signed.
May 28th, 2017
Priscilla S. from Columbia, SC signed.
May 28th, 2017
Priscilla S. from Columbia, SC signed.
Joseph J. from Maxton, NC writes:
I hope this is passed. It should be equal for all military members technician or not
William T. from Raleigh, NC writes:
Please support this
May 28th, 2017
Misty M. from Ovid, MI signed.
May 28th, 2017
candace r. from Lexington, SC signed.
George M. from Garner, NC writes:
I was stunned that I was treated as a second class citizen when I became a federal technician. As an M-day soldier I could have Tricare. AGR soldiers have Tricare. ADOS soldiers have Tricare. Even otherwise unemployed soldiers could have Tricare. But not Federal Technicians which is simply wrong.
George M. from Garner, NC writes:
May 28th, 2017
Someone from Edgewood, NM signed.
May 27th, 2017
Someone from Murfreesboro, TN writes:
As a former Federal Technician and National Guardsman, I know how important this bill is to those who stand to benefit from it. The insurance that technicians are required to purchase costs more than twice what Tricare costs, yet they cannot legally purchase the cheaper option while their M-Day counterparts can. Please vote yes on this bill to support our Federal Employees in uniform!
May 27th, 2017
Someone from Florence, SC signed.
May 27th, 2017
Christopher L. from Roseville, CA signed.
May 27th, 2017
Jessica J. from Concord, GA signed.
May 27th, 2017
Hermes B. from San Mateo, CA signed.
May 27th, 2017
Sasha P. from Farmington, UT signed.
May 27th, 2017
Someone from Sumter, SC signed.
May 27th, 2017
Matthew B. from Anderson, SC writes:
When uniformed service members who serve their country and state, regardless of the "status", they should have the best option for health care as their brothers and sister on the regular army side. To negate this option is a gross misjustice and can be fixed by congress doing what is morally and ethically correct. Please send the word or support this legislation so we can pave a way for the current and technicians of tomorrow. Your families deserve the very best since you give your very best! LIUNA Strong!
May 27th, 2017
Kevin S. from Elgin, SC writes:
We should have equal health-care coverage across the board.
May 27th, 2017
William M. from Irmo, SC writes:
All members of the military should have access to the same healthcate