Enforce Due Process in Family Court

The Family Court processes are UNJUST and UNCONSTITUTIONAL, the process relies on the Judge's opinion and decision, which can easily be bought, putting our children's best interest on the market to be bought.

Whereas: The 14th Amendment of the Constitution assures that no State shall "deprive any person of LIFE, LIBERTY, or PROPERTY WITHOUT DUE PROCESS OF LAW".

Whereas: At the beginning of the 5th Amendment it states that "NO PERSON SHALL BE HELD TO ANSWER for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, UNLESS ON A PRESENTMENT OR INDICTMENT OF A GRAND JURY" (which is a jury of peers.) This is what due process is, your case (no matter what type of case, be it criminal, family, etc.) be presented in front of a Grand Jury, IT IS OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

Whereas: The State and Federal government consider children to be the property of the parents. Without due process in the family court, we can easily be deprived of our children/property.

Whereas: Family Court proceedings do not abide by the constitutional right to due process providing a Grand Jury.

Therefore: It is time to hold the Family Court accountable to congress and the American People. I urge you to do everything in your power to pass the Enforce Due Process in Family Court bill!

May 4th, 2016
Someone from Mcminnville, OR signed.
Apr 29th, 2016
Someone from Fresno, CA signed.
Apr 25th, 2016
Someone from Panorama City, CA writes:
JOIN FREE: Federal Class Action for U.S. Child Custody Victims - Friends, I just joined CAPRA as one of the lead plaintiffs in an upcoming landmark federal class action lawsuit against all 50 States and the Federal Government, because I qualify as: (1) a biological parent whose child custody was unconstitutionally removed without due process; and, (2) I have been directly impacted by that during the last four years, i.e., within the statute of limitations. This class action is on behalf of *both* types of "family court" -- for wrongful victims of divorce-and-similar-with-kids *and* for wrongful victims of child protection services -- and includes suing on behalf of ANY parent affected by either "family court" type. It's totally free to join, and the federal court relief being demanded includes the full restoral of my child custody rights under law, plus a nice share of the large amount in civil damages expected. Check it out! It just requires entering someone's referral Code to join, so PLEASE use mine - 42085JL619 - in the CAPRA registration form, located on the bottom of the homepage at http://parentalrightsclassaction.com Plus, check out their power-packed Legal Tips page for all parents fighting family court, too -- Wow!! Thanks!!
Apr 24th, 2016
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
Apr 5th, 2016
Someone from Ithaca, NY writes:
I was accused of the NY civil offense "Harassment in the Third Degree" -- Meaning that I "seriously irritated" (quoting from the NY legislation) my accuser -- After which I was forced from my home an apartment that I remained legally obligated to pay for (lease). Since I couldn't pay for two places to live I lost my job, my legal and custodial parental status has been terminated. I sought legal representation through every avenue, and appealed decisions denying me. I was forced into pro se representation, and despite every effort I was unable to have even the facts of the initial accusation heard by the judge. I was bullyed, lied to, and intentional intimidated by two opposing (state provided) lawyers. There's so much more but I'll spare you. Sixteen years ago, when I was 19, I was arrested for shoplifting. I regretted it and happily did community service. How is it ethically or logically follow, how is it possible? that when I committed a crime (with the worst outcome being a few days in jail) I had due process rights, but when I was Accused of a "civil offense" and removed from my home, children for 6 months; something that utterly disrupted every facet of my life...in that case no lawyer, no due process rights. Are you ok with this fact: I would have been better off arrested and charged with the criminal harassment, then would have had the chance to disprove the allegations, had access to some council, due process. Instead I, since nothing I did was criminal, the court destroyed 2 years of my life and I have no legal remedies available.
Apr 4th, 2016
Someone from Rockton, IL signed.
Apr 3rd, 2016
Someone from Troy, NY signed.
Apr 1st, 2016
Someone from Plainsboro, NJ signed.
Mar 24th, 2016
Someone from Jamestown, NY signed.
Mar 22nd, 2016
Someone from Battle Creek, MI writes:
My due process was violated during an evidentiary hearing March 11, 2016. I had witnesses that were not called. I was the only one called to testify, so it was a one sided trial against me, after the biological father had been investigated. I was interrogated on the stand for 2 hours, after which I was put in a room where my lawyer and the other parties lawyer made decisions about custody. I was bullied into agreeing to joint custody, after my lawyer told me the judge was going to give the bio dad full physical/legal custody after the children have not had contact with him in over a year, after the same judge terminated parental rights until further investigation.
Mar 16th, 2016
Someone from Rockton, IL signed.
Mar 15th, 2016
Someone from New York, NY signed.
Mar 14th, 2016
Someone from Oakfield, NY signed.
Mar 11th, 2016
Someone from Plainsboro, NJ writes:
Family court destroys families. destroys children
Mar 10th, 2016
Someone from Panorama City, CA writes:
Mar 10th, 2016
Someone from Dinuba, CA signed.
Mar 8th, 2016
Someone from Riverside, CA writes:
Please, it is our Right!
Mar 4th, 2016
Someone from Florence, AL signed.
Mar 2nd, 2016
Someone from Franklinville, NY signed.
Mar 2nd, 2016
Someone from Asheville, NC writes:
I have had over 100 "allegations" aka charges made against me stated within over 60 motions filed and heard in family court. I have to pay an attorney to work on a defense and represent me at each hearing or each of the hearingS. I have made the mistake of handling it pro se and the judge was very forthcoming as to her opinion of pro se status; that being an annoyance and a waste of the courts time. Lacking the k kwlrdgw of the court processes, statutes, precedents, how to testify, cross, present evidence etc. I am not an attorney and although the judge believes I have been in the court room enough to know exactly what to do, it simply isn't the case for me. It has backfired once before so I never go back into Family court without an attorney. For 5 years I have had to go to court about ever 6 weeks to show cause why I should not be held on contempt or punished etc... I have always been able to do this since the allegations were lies and lies can't be proven. Proof ccharge manufactured and often is after the allegations have been made or by just making the same allegations over and over and over. So I wonder, a police officer cannot charge a person with a crime without a lot of evidence, proof, motives, opportunity, and they have to convince a da with their case before they can charge the person. Yet, in family court I have found that one only has to say something about the other person and that is enough to be considered a charge and you have to present yourself, your defense, hire an attorney, and hope the judge likes you. This court is a part of our judicial system. It is clear and obvious to me that for that reason alone what is happening behind those doors is unconstitutional, unjust, and often a tragic situation for a child. It has consumed the last 5-6 years of my life. It is the new way for an abuser to abuse. First they hit, then they have the police harass you until the police realize what is happenning and no longer respond. Then they find how much suffering they can cause using the legal system. It is not only an abuse of process and an infringement on my constitutional right, it is also a form of domestic abuse that is watched over by a judge and seemingly sanctioned by a judge too. What can we do?
Feb 29th, 2016
Someone from Merchantville, NJ writes:
My rights have been not only violated, but taken away and my children have been given to a man who has served jail time for sexually assaulting a teenager under 14. I am an educator for 11 years and Judge White of Gloucester County did not even ask one question about my children to me.
Feb 25th, 2016
Someone from Everett, WA signed.
Feb 25th, 2016
Someone from Snohomish, WA signed.
Feb 25th, 2016
Someone from Susanville, CA signed.
Feb 21st, 2016
Someone from Punta Gorda, FL signed.
Feb 17th, 2016
Someone from Cartersville, GA writes:
On YouTube : Georgia kidnapping laws incomplete/obsolete , says it all folks . The full blown cover up about family courts. A kidnapper not in the law books using the failure of due process with a fail safe exit to call it off if it's not going in their favor. Call all the senators in Georgia report this.
Feb 14th, 2016
Someone from Carrollton, TX writes:
it is true, happened to me and i lost my three children no trial by jury/due process nothing was fair
Feb 7th, 2016
Someone from Wrightwood, CA signed.
Feb 7th, 2016
Someone from Mason City, IA signed.
Feb 2nd, 2016
Someone from Clinton Township, MI writes:
They are trying to take our constitutional rights from us and I will not stand for it! My girlfriend and I are going through a custody battle right now and put it this way she's a waitress and he's a doctor and she pays child support! I truly believe in our natural god-given right to our kids. and these courts are making a money made a game out of it!
Jan 28th, 2016
Someone from Hollister, CA signed.
Jan 24th, 2016
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
Jan 24th, 2016
Someone from Cottage Hills, IL signed.
Jan 23rd, 2016
Someone from Denver, CO writes:
My 28 year old daughter has been fighting to get her 11 year old son back in shared custody for over a year and has yet to have her day in court. She has been turned down 3 times. The only court hearing was for her to have to pay the father child support of $400 monthly. He got custody because she had a period of drug abuse for about a year but that was 4 years ago since she has been clean. The father was at first allowing her to have him for a couple of years until he became angry one day and turned on her. She is remarried and has a new baby and is getting ready to pursue her master's in drug and addiction counseling. Yet the magistrate and ruling judge continue to deny her her rights to a day in court. No matter how many times she appeals, they will continue to rule against her. Her attorney is working pro bono because as she says, in 25 years of practice she has never seen such injustice and the child has not been considered at all. She believes now that she will never get her child back. My daughter has seen evidence of neglect and he is definitely living with an angry and hostile father who puts her down to thei son on a regular basis. When my daughter does see her son, (one overnight and one after school visit) she makes it as peaceful as possible and doesn't discuss the controversy with her son in order to make their limited visits peaceful and happy. She is a wonderful mom who feels her son has been stolen from her by the court. She will probably have to put off plans for school because she only makes $14 an hour and paying him $400 a monthy leaves her barely able to pay her rent and care for her other child. He is a journeyman electrician and makes $70,000 a year and has no other responsibilities. He does not need the money but is being vindictive. He never paid her child support when she was raising the child. and she never asked for it. As a footnote to all of this, the father of this child committed stuatory rape on her when he was 33 and she was 16. He gave her drugs and got her pregnant and now is continuing to victimize her because it is the one way he can still control her. He is a convicted felon many times over. He is also keeping this child from me, the grandmother after he spent much of his younger years in my company. My daughter however, always raised him. She was never a neglectful mom, even when she was only 17. There is no way she deserves this and this child certainly doesn't deserve this.
Jan 23rd, 2016
Someone from Granite City, IL writes:
I am from Granite City, Madison County Illinois. My children were taken away from a hospital where I was trying to get help. I tried getting PCP's and state assistance and was denied. A racist, judgmental nurse made up a story and used incriminating questions to entrap me in a sexual abuse case. She claimed it was my own suspicion of abuse, but it wasn't. Now my babies are in separate foster homes, being taught to call someone else mom and dad. There was no sexual abuse, so now they are saying I'm too crazy to care for my children. Who will answer to the trauma that my children are going through.
Jan 18th, 2016
Someone from Newberry, SC signed.
Jan 18th, 2016
Someone from Pomaria, SC writes:
As a South Carolina resident and a grandmother. I have seen first hand how our family court system is dysfunctional and plays a very big part in a bullying game with attorneys and parents. In Newberry county there is a lawyer who has made it very clear to his client that what a family court judge has ordered is not what is required. He has lied numerous times in the court room and attempts to intimidate everyone he comes in contact with. Family court is corrupt and we should be striving to give these children a better life and consider the best options of joint custody when both parents have a desire to be a part of the childs life. It is devastating enough for a child to experience the dissection of their family but to allow an attorney to play God, is the straw that broke the camels back. I have the freedom to feel that this lawyer, DSS and the family court system are missing the big picture and their performance in regards to childrens welfare does not represent the desire to consider the best interest or the mental health of children in any such circumstance. Please, lets revamp these guidlines for our family courts. We need to consider more often than none that the family court system is used by a vengeful ex, attempting to place additional harm on the other while all the while the child is used as a pawn and they are the ones who suffer. 1) When you have two parents who each have a desire to be a part of the childs life, make it shared custody with no questions asked. 2) When the judge can only take the time to see one side of the picture due to another not having the ability to acquire legal respresentation, a grand jury should be called in and the court system should be quick to connect the other parent with a pro bono lawyer. Legal Aid here in South Carolina is failing also. The do not follow through with their call in applicants or even send a follow up letter to state when a potential client might acquire representation. 3) We should be ever so diligent in considering the ridiculous expectations of the monetary child support. Each parent should share the cost of the childs needs such as clothing, doctor, dental, daycare and extra curricular activities. Outside of that, the cost for rent, power bills, cable TV and food should fall on the individual parent as that is their personal household. 4) The child support should go into an account that is supervised. This meaning the parent has a debit card to the account but every transaction made with that card there is a receipt to support the transaction as a necessity for the child. Too many people are looking to use children as additional income and for all the wrong reasons! This is a festering sore that is building to a head in almost every state and becoming more prevalent need and groups are coming together asking for someone to step in and Please dig into this system and let's make a change for the benefit of future generations. God Bless!
Jan 18th, 2016
Someone from Pomaria, SC signed.
Jan 14th, 2016
Someone from Anoka, MN signed.
Jan 13th, 2016
Someone from Valparaiso, IN signed.