Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence

We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.
Sep 7th, 2017
Melissa M. from Charleston, WV writes:
So many men suffer because of false charges.. for many different reasons.. And these charges are not even investigated.. Why?? Men lose their jobs..homes...respect and so much more. Time to hold women accountable not only with perjury..but also financially..
Sep 7th, 2017
K M. from Evanston, IL writes:
The abuser uses this technique to further abuse the victim and to create a false persona in which to continue their abuse - with support. Don't be silent. They count on your fear and silence. Speak out.
Sep 7th, 2017
Someone from Gaithersburg, MD signed.
Sep 6th, 2017
Brian C. from Vancouver, WA signed.
Sep 5th, 2017
Joseph B. from Yadkinville, NC signed.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from High Point, NC writes:
It's time to hold women responsible for making false allegations.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from High Point, NC writes:
It's time to hold women responsible for making false allegations.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from Evanston, IL writes:
Being falsely accused doesn't end with proving your innocence. You then have the arrest being in the public record and published on the internet. This further victimizes you and is a constant threat to destroy your employment, housing, and social circles. If the laws require false accusations to be prosecuted, they might be less likely to take the risk in making a false claim. This needs to stop.
Sep 5th, 2017
Someone from League City, TX signed.
Sep 4th, 2017
Colleen B. from Richmond, TX writes:
Being a true victim of physical and mental abuse and understanding how emotionally difficult it is to build a case and then have the courage to exploit your pain publicly, I find falsely accusing a good man of abuse a very sad and cruel attempt to spread your misery.
Sep 4th, 2017
Wade B. from Des Moines, IA writes:
It is unconstitutional to deny trial and not meet burden of proof bit our court systems not only enable but are accessory to parental kidnapping revolving around this matter. States procedural rules are derogatory towards fathers and courts are using unconstitutional proceedings through family court while mothers are TAUGHT that the courts will simply take their word without proof or even a police report some even 6 months later than the allegations and using protective orders gained under false pretense to keep children from their fathers.
Sep 3rd, 2017
Someone from Nacogdoches, TX signed.
Sep 2nd, 2017
Someone from La Puente, CA signed.
Sep 1st, 2017
Someone from Aurora, CO writes:
I was falsely accused of domestic violence was denied a fair trial and now have lost everything. I now suffer from PTSD and panic attacks along with depression. Lost my job and all belonging i owed. Now since i can't do my classes do to my health i am facing 1 year in jail in my hearing next week.
Sep 1st, 2017
Someone from Aurora, CO writes:
Aug 31st, 2017
Diane M. from Montgomery, LA writes:
I am a mother of a good man being wrongfully accused & arrested time & time again by his once loving wife turned meth user & evil *****.... So evil, even has battery charges from her own/only daughter & neighbor ( helped her daughter)... The right of women or anyone for that matter to obtain a restraining order by hearsay & abuses the law to amuse her is truly out of control nowadays... Rules & laws need to change..! What happened to investigating before an arrest....??? This is/was a man who loved his family, worked hard to give them all they need, but was thrown out to a pack of wolves til he had nothing left ...., Thank god my grand daughter is with her dad...she says...'she wants a stable environment & loves her dad', 'cause mom is sick'
Aug 31st, 2017
Brianne G. from Wichita, KS writes:
Domestic violence is a serious matter and shouldn't be taken lightly but if person is lying about the Domestic violence then that person needs to be held accountable for their actions.
Aug 29th, 2017
Someone from Danville, AL signed.
Aug 26th, 2017
Someone from Wellington, FL writes:
This happened to me by immigrant wife. She was committing immigration fraud. Its a he said / she said. Police show up at 12:30 AM no notification; wake you up and throw you out of your house for no reason with a fake affadavit that she was raped. no evidence at all; totaly un-American; totally unconstitutional; totally unchristian; totally evil
Aug 26th, 2017
Lori D. from Ashland, WI writes:
I'm a woman who's ex husband was able to obtain a 4 yr restraining order against me in 2004. There were never any reports or investigations because I never hurt anyone. Yet he this Judge (his friend) to Grant him domestic abuse ones for him & my oldest daughter & child abuse ones for my 2other kids. I had no money or time to obtain a lawyer. My life was ruined. 13 yrs later & my kids still hate me!! My ex died 7 months ago from cancer they now consider him a saint! I wish I had suffered thru the abusive marriage til he died had I known the horrible pain he was going to cause me & my kids. It's not just men that this is happening to.
Aug 25th, 2017
Someone from Allentown, PA writes:
I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. And as a woman i am appalled that this grave injustice is even allowed to happen. I am currently witnessing it first hand with someone i met a year and a half ago. Hes been trying for the past few years to remove his ex from his life and everytime she accuses him of violating her then uses the resources to relocate. He claims its easier than locating an apartment cause the service is free. Now hes in this problem with her yet again cause he wants to move up in life. I believe her to be unstable and im surprised the police nor the prosecutor recognises that.
Aug 22nd, 2017
Cheryl A. from Tampa, FL writes:
My male friend allowed his son's mother and her children stay in his home because she was evicted from her home. She stayed several months in his tiny one bedroom trailer and definitely outstayed her welcome. She constantly left trash laying around causing roaches to invade the home. My friend finally put his foot down and told her to leave the trailer because he had to spray for bugs. She got so angry she called the police and said he grabbed her arm and left scratches behind. The police arrested him just because she cried abuse. Now he can not go back to his home because there is a no contact order in effect. So basically he is homeless and she is living in his home. It's not fair, he never laid a hand on her and she lied out of anger towards him. He is a good person, where is the justice in this?
Aug 22nd, 2017
Someone from Effingham, IL writes:
My son is a victim of an unfounded report of domestic abuse, a "crime" that he was never charged with but was nonetheless upheld in court. His wife, when asked in court if he had ever hurt her or had mentally or physically abused her, she replied "no." However, the judge upheld her restraining order against him and left him homeless, on foot, and without access to his child. As far as I am concerned both the women, his wife and the Judge , a staunch feminist, abused the system leaving my son and his daughter as victims.
Aug 20th, 2017
Someone from Ann Arbor, MI signed.
Aug 20th, 2017
Sally R. from Louisville, KY signed.
Aug 20th, 2017
Someone from Lawrenceville, GA signed.
Aug 20th, 2017
Shane J. from Kanawha, IA writes:
People's lives are destroyed every day for criminals who file false allegations and try to frame people for crimes they didn't commit all while being the actual perpetrator aggressor and criminal themselves we need laws to stop this so that people who are actually abused can receive the help they can get and the criminals are punished
Aug 19th, 2017
Someone from Puyallup, WA writes:
False accusations of domestic violence are used to gain leverage in court and have long term consequences, both for the children and the accused. Not only does this take much needed resources and protection away from the REAL victims of domestic violence, but makes a mockery of our court system with no consequences for fraud, perjury, and slander. This cycle of legal abuse for malice and profit must stop.
Aug 18th, 2017
Christopher R. from Mesa, AZ writes:
A step in the right direction with this.
Aug 18th, 2017
Michael T. from Blaine, WA writes:
how can I find the prove alike NISVS & CDC static of..... false allegations on domestic violence and sex violence? Need to find on federal static report. Should NISVS & CDC including false DV & SV allegations? I know there is 90% campus & 60% general false rape allegations. .... we need to build point prove debate just alike NISVS static proving prove made.
Aug 14th, 2017
Elvis E. from Decatur, GA writes:
What hurts the most about being falsely accused, charged, and arrested of domestic violence is the knowledge that the police officer (s) that arrest you, the DA, and in some cases, even the judge know that you're innocent. The system is brutal; it is not about the victim or the accused, it about power, personal agenda. It is bad!!!
Aug 14th, 2017
Edward R. from Roanoke, VA writes:
Call the Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington, DC (202) 224-5225 Ask for Evelyn Fortier or Senator Chuck Grassley. Tell them to STOP kicking completely innocent American citizens out of their OWN homes, and even putting them in jail... all over an accusation, which is very often completely false.... in which they NEVER prosecute the KNOWN liars!!! EVER!!! Its felony perjury. We are ALL very easy targets (men, especially, of course), for false accusation, and EXTORTION!... and the government is ENCOURAGING it, whether they know it or not. Tell them to START PROSECUTING people for LYING under oath to Judges and Magistrates... Currently there has NEVER been a Prosecution for lying to get a Protective Order or Restraining Order... NEVER in America! 2-3 million of these orders issued EVERY year in America... ZERO prosecutions for lying to get one, and ALL of the Judges / Magistrates KNOW it happens ALL the time! They CATCH them in flat out lies VERY often, falsely accusing people, but they NEVER charge them, and allow them to continue to do it, until someone believes them, and an innocent person is in jail. Almost ALL of these cases are he said / she said.. with no evidence whatsoever. Therefore, it can rarely be provenything ever happened... so, do "domestic abusers" go free, and get away with the crime?... NO!.. Our lawmakers simply REMOVED the burden of proof, so that now, if someone says that you abused them, and they stick to their word.... you are GUILTY!!! Simple. Yes, it is LITERALLY that simple!!! I have seen it with my own eyes, MANY times! CALL the Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington DC (202) 224-5225 Ask for Evelyn Fortier... This is PRECISELY HER JOB!! Issues with domestic violence in the Judiciary. They KNOW this is a problem ,but they say its a "states issue" not Federal... Then WHY is it happening in EVERY single state? ALL of the state laws are coming from VAWA (the violence against women act, which is OBVIOUSLY gender biased from the VERY NAME)! They also KNOW this is a problem, but they think it is very rare..... WRONG!!! The MAJORITY of these accusations are false.... several studies have concluded this. When will a man's innocence, be just as important as domestic abuse? THAT is the question. Currently domestic abuse is SO "politically sensitive" that they simply DON'T CARE if innocent men go to jail or prison. As the Orange Trumpster would say... "Sad", "so sad". Its going to take an HONEST female politician, with integrity to fix this problem. Any male politician will be completely smeared if tries to change this... they will say that he doesn't care about domestic violence, probably even call him a "wife beater". Call The Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington, DC (202) 224-5225 Ask for Evelyn Fortier Tell her to give Americans' DUE PROCESS and PRESUMPTION of innocence back! Tell them to RETURN the BURDEN of PROOF, for domestic violence issues, INCLUDING Protective Orders / Restraining Orders! Do it now, or the false accusations will continue...
Aug 14th, 2017
D S. from Spartanburg, SC writes:
I am currently a victim of false allegations of domestic violence. I haven't seen my kids in over two months, I was removed from my house, and have to find my own place to live. My wife lied in court stating I touched her while I looked at her laughing calling 911 on me. I go to court Sep 7 to fight these allegations but it is a losing battle. It's my word against hers. Trying to stay strong.
Aug 13th, 2017
Otis K. from Temple, TX signed.
Aug 13th, 2017
James G. from Laneville, TX writes:
I was raised to never raise a hand to a woman, no matter what. But I have witnessed women, lie in order to take revenge on a former boyfriend or husband, and I feel this is just as wrong.
Aug 12th, 2017
Someone from Bellevue, WA writes:
One reason there are false domestic. Violance claims is to make a no fault divorce state a fault state. In Washington state one or both parties in a divorce can claim domestic violance in order to obtain 191 parental restrictions. It's easy to do, and all you need is a police report to do it. That is because in family court you need a proponderance of evidence or more than fifty percent. You do not need a conviction just a report, and you acheive perental misconduct. That allows you to move out of state, have the other person removed from the home, limit time with children and eliminate any joint decision making, even when there was no abuse. Remember there is no investigation when the police report is filed, no due process, one person is arrested and jailed. In Washington state there is zero tolerance so dv can apply to almost any thing.
Aug 11th, 2017
Oscar G. from Mcdonough, GA writes:
On Jan 16, 2016, I brought my fiancee to the U.S. Shortly thereafter, it was evident that she had used me just to come to this country. I therefore broke it up with her and bought her an airfare so that she could go back to her homeland. Next thing I know the police were at my house questioning me about some bruises on her arms. I was later questioned by two investigators who believed every lie that woman told them. She told them that I raped her on a number of occasions, that I hit her on more than one occasion, and that she had lived in hell in my house. The investigators, however, never asked her why she had not called the police in one of those occasions. Although I explained to those two FAMOUS investigators what really was going on, they didn't care. They only had one thing in mind: making an arrest. I was charged with domestic violence, arrested, and jailed. A month later, I lost my federal job. Six months later, I had to file for bankruptcy no to lose my house. Although the case was ultimately dismissed, no one wants to hire me. I've been trying to become a Police Officer for the longest. Whenever I get to the Background phase it's a done deal: I am out. Now tell me who's the real victim? THE AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM IS BROKEN!!!
Aug 10th, 2017
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL writes:
Some provisions of the Violence against Women Act (VAWA) are being used by foreign national spouses to bypass the immigration laws of the United States to obtain a Green Card. On 07-03/2017, my wife went under the care of the Crisis Center for Domestic Violence with my son, WITH A PURE FALSE DECLARATION. PLEASE, “THERE WAS NO VERBAL THREATS TOWARD HER “ AND “I DID NOT HIT HER IN THE HEAD WITH A HAND GUN A FEW DAYS AGO.” THIS IS MORE THAN A FALSE STATEMENT. Why did she not call the police that day to witness the blood and the scar ?. WHY NOT, SHE SHOULD. She lied to the authoriries. GOD IS MY ONLY WITNESS . I found myself falsy accused of a crime like that I did not commit. We must take a stand ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - THE LIARS ARE THE WINNERS.
Aug 9th, 2017
Joseph G. from Evanston, WY signed.
Aug 9th, 2017
Someone from Evanston, WY signed.